Viewing 21 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I was just looking to some pics in the public photos section. And one description drew my attention. It was the poster expressing some frustration about her own look.

I wish you all could see the first pics from everybody. I know that my first few pics I wouldn’t show for fear of scaring people to death.

We all are work in progress. So, no shame about the girl in the dress! Takes years upon years for any little girl to grow up and experiment and learn. Lots of advice and feedback form mom/sisters/girlfriends. Most of us have to go through the learning process all by ourselves.

So, hold your head up high, and remember that once you got here you are not alone in the process anymore ok? We can be those sisters and friends providing advice and feedback. But remember as well that sometimes we may hear things we may not like. Even so, at least I promise I’ll never tell people something negative just to make them feel bad!

Gabriela

Gorgeous Gabriella

Ohh, I so, so agree! I blanch when I review old photos of me in a pink bobbed wig! Gawd… ewyewwww

With the help of my amazing wife I have been able to improve myself to a point that I pass at even a short distance. However, without HRT and other stuff all I can do is refine my clothing style and range, practice my femme voice, refine my makeup and moisturising regime and a host of other femme things…

A lot still to do but what fun doing them!

Love Polly

Anonymous

Comparing ourselves to others is a trap we often fall into and it breeds discouragement. Be nice to ourselves and practice. Enjoy the journey!

Honestly, one of the things I can genuinely say I’m proud of about this sisterhood is I can’t recall seeing a single negative comment on a photo. I think we encompass all steps on this shared journey, and each of us truly relates to how much effort goes into even our meager beginnings. I’m glad we can all be here to see, and to help, each other truly blossom.

So true, Gabriella, Myself, I have posted my pics from the first day I fully dressed, and while I know they are atrocious, no one has said a thing, and I am PROUD of them, because it shows to me, I had the courage to begin, and my progress throughout.
      This site is all about affirmation and support, not condemnation
      Love you all,
      Hugs, Regi👩💕

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Yes!!! 100% sister!!

Anonymous

That hit’s the nail on the head Gabby. I remember some of my early attempts especially with makeup, kind of a cross between the bride of Frankenstein and a really scary hooker. Thankfully the 70’s and the 80’s, a time before digital photography, lack of evidence, nothing to see here. As I just said in another post I replied to, we are all here to support and help each other. There’s enough people in this world that still don’t like us so we have to stick together and help each other. Just remember what Thumper’s mom told him, if you can’t sat something nice, then say nothing at all.

Anonymous

Well said everyone is at a different place with different skills wants and needs and no matter how well you dress or express yourself there’s always something new to learn and I no ill never stop. The hard part is how to word honest constructive help to offer help and not come across as mean or even take that constructive criticism well when the heels on the other foot. Layla x

Anonymous

Hi Gabriella, mine is definitely a working progress there is so much i have to work on, i have to work on my voice, my make-up, my walk, i could be the sister to the bride of frankenstein,

Also i have to work on my courage to walk out of the door now and again xxxxx

Hugs Rozalyne x

Anonymous

Gabriela,

Great message!

Sadly, unlike GGs (and a number of folks here), I have very little raw material to work with, no matter how much advice or practice I were to get! 😂 😆 😝 (And it ain’t much!).

Steph

Amen, sister!

Anonymous

Truer words were never spoken,Gabriela. A relative newbie to the world of CD, I actually did post my first photo….’TAin’t pretty! I have definitely made progress, though I still don’t look nearly as good as you lovely ladies tell me I do (but thank you, anyway).

Hugs,
      Bettylou

So true. When I joined CDH I was so insecure of myself that my profile picture was rather heavy redacted. I was wearing a wig and I didn’t dare showing myself “natural”. Now I’m out publicly every day, I haven’t worn male clothes for weeks. And you can see new photos on my profile section for photos. They are straight from the camera exactly as the were taken.

Lots of Hugs

Lily-Rose

Anonymous

Lily, amazing what a supportive environment can contribute to help others to blossom huh? ♥️

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi Gabriela and thanks for the post and hit the nail right on the head. I honestly don’t think that ” the work in progress” will ever end and I don’t think I would want it to. Clothing, make up shape wear will all change as we age. Faster than some of us would like but never the less it will happen. I always look at women in person and on TV to see what they’ve done with their make up and sometimes I see a girl and think, I bet the way she’s done her eyeshadow would work for me, or I think I’d look good wearing a dress similar to what she’s wearing. So I go home and try the eye shadow the way the girl did hers. Sometimes I get something I like and sometimes not. Some times when I’m done I’m not at all happy with the result and if I have time off it comes. Fortunately the more experience we have the less this would happen. I guess another perk of aging, lol. Take care girl.

Trish 💖

This topic makes me think about an interview with B.B. King who was once asked what he thought about being such a great blues artist.  He said that he’d  been working at it for years and just now was beginning to think that he might actually have a little ability.  That’s how I feel about my progress.   Marg

MelanieElizabeth
      Ambassador

Thanks for this post Gabriela, I have felt displeased with my presentation at times and the kind words from members like you, always make me feel better. I realize we all have things we can improve and most of us see the negatives in ourselves far more harshly than others do. This is a special site, it’s a place where we can all be accepted and that’s beautiful from my point of view.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Oh how easy it was to look girly when I was a child, mum, unwittingly, called me Shirley Temple because of my curly hair. Then puberty and  hormones takes it toll so this canvas wasn’t just blank it was pitted and damaged but not beyond repair. Luckily the frame was wasn’t too bad and the work started taking many years from O.M.G or W.T.F ! to O.M.G. you look great, it is still a work in progress to refine and improve but quite presentable. With all the products and services available it is amazing what is possible nowadays. I look back at old photos from pre digital,  clothes from pre internet mail order along with the expansion of products  seeing the benefit and the evolution in myself.

Anonymous
      Lady

Talk about a work in progress. At this time there are at least four girls who are now anonymous posts on this thread proving that sometimes its one step forward and two steps backward. I hope those girls find the drive to come back and keep progressing on their journey. Its our unrelenting fem desire that keeps us moving forward as we improve little by little. All you girls with photos are beautiful!

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Well said.

Hugs, Liara

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

There are very few CD’s who look perfect; the majority of us can always improve something. It is truly a never ending process.

I love all of your pics! The classical ideal of beauty is for statues, not people. You’re lovely people and it shows.

It is a wonderful journey to see not only how we dress and do makeup but the progress of mannerisms like the walk and body language. I now think of myself as a real woman at home and out despite what I am wearing.

Anonymous

You like that one Gracie, funny but true. lol

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?