Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Lily-Rose Nielsen
      Duchess
      Registered On: November 2, 2020
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 193

So true. When I joined CDH I was so insecure of myself that my profile picture was rather heavy redacted. I was wearing a wig and I didn’t dare showing myself “natural”. Now I’m out publicly every day, I haven’t worn male clothes for weeks. And you can see new photos on my profile section for photos. They are straight from the camera exactly as the were taken.

Lots of Hugs

Lily-Rose

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Bettylou Cox
      Duchess
      Registered On: May 26, 2019
      Topics: 20
      Replies: 2002

Truer words were never spoken,Gabriela. A relative newbie to the world of CD, I actually did post my first photo….’TAin’t pretty! I have definitely made progress, though I still don’t look nearly as good as you lovely ladies tell me I do (but thank you, anyway).

Hugs,
      Bettylou

Grace Scarlett
        Baroness - Annual
        Registered On: February 16, 2021
        Topics: 54
        Replies: 1106

okay Bettylou….then I’m not going to say how lovely you are anymore…even though you are lovely !!!…..

Whispers –  damn, did I say that out loud….I bet she heard me….haha

Grace ❤️❤️

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Bettylou Cox
          Duchess
          Registered On: May 26, 2019
          Topics: 20
          Replies: 2002

Grace, dear,

A girl my age has to take compliments with a grain of salt, lest she forget she IS a girl my age, and do something foolish. Nevertheless, they are morale boosters.

Hugs,
          Bettylou

Marie Chandler
      Lady
      Registered On: June 29, 2020
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 33

Amen, sister!

Stephanie Scott
      Lady
      Registered On: February 8, 2021
      Topics: 18
      Replies: 246

Gabriela,

Great message!

Sadly, unlike GGs (and a number of folks here), I have very little raw material to work with, no matter how much advice or practice I were to get! 😂 😆 😝 (And it ain’t much!).

Steph

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Rozalyne Richards
      Lady
      Registered On: March 10, 2018
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 536

Hi Gabriella, mine is definitely a working progress there is so much i have to work on, i have to work on my voice, my make-up, my walk, i could be the sister to the bride of frankenstein,

Also i have to work on my courage to walk out of the door now and again xxxxx

Hugs Rozalyne x

Layla Jones
      Lady
      Registered On: June 7, 2020
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 37

Well said everyone is at a different place with different skills wants and needs and no matter how well you dress or express yourself there’s always something new to learn and I no ill never stop. The hard part is how to word honest constructive help to offer help and not come across as mean or even take that constructive criticism well when the heels on the other foot. Layla x

Heather Jameson
      Duchess
      Registered On: April 1, 2019
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 486

That hit’s the nail on the head Gabby. I remember some of my early attempts especially with makeup, kind of a cross between the bride of Frankenstein and a really scary hooker. Thankfully the 70’s and the 80’s, a time before digital photography, lack of evidence, nothing to see here. As I just said in another post I replied to, we are all here to support and help each other. There’s enough people in this world that still don’t like us so we have to stick together and help each other. Just remember what Thumper’s mom told him, if you can’t sat something nice, then say nothing at all.

Grace Scarlett
        Baroness - Annual

Heather…

“a cross between the bride of Frankenstein and a really scary hooker”…….

Thank you heather, that’s just made my day 😂😂😂😂.

Grace x

Heather Jameson
          Duchess
          Registered On: April 1, 2019
          Replies: 486

You like that one Gracie, funny but true. lol

Rayna (was Dala) Carlian
      Duchess
      Registered On: March 4, 2020
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 182

Yes!!! 100% sister!!

4 users thanked author for this post.
      stephanie plumb
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: November 17, 2018
      Topics: 146
      Replies: 1962

So true Gabriella. I don’t post public pics for privacy reasons, not because I am afraid of negative feedback.  I do take pics though, for self assessment as confirmation of how my look – but above all – my confidence has grown.  And to better assess how different styles suit me.  For whatever reason a photo seems to “tell the truth” more than the “magic mirror” does, as it captures a moment in time that can be reflected upon later.

The issue with posted photo’s is that repliers always tell you what they think you want to hear, and don’t want to offend, so bite their tongue, when sometimes some honest feedback might be welcomed.  We all make mistakes and are blind to them,  so some honest criticism could be helpful. I have seen many a photo and thought “if only she had smiled, she would have looked so much better.”  I never say it though. Is it a form of dishonesty to pretend you like someone’s look?

Regine Rich
      Princess
      Registered On: October 9, 2020
      Topics: 28
      Replies: 789

So true, Gabriella, Myself, I have posted my pics from the first day I fully dressed, and while I know they are atrocious, no one has said a thing, and I am PROUD of them, because it shows to me, I had the courage to begin, and my progress throughout.
      This site is all about affirmation and support, not condemnation
      Love you all,
      Hugs, Regi👩💕

Val’sheril Starsong
      Lady
      Registered On: March 3, 2019
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 319

Honestly, one of the things I can genuinely say I’m proud of about this sisterhood is I can’t recall seeing a single negative comment on a photo. I think we encompass all steps on this shared journey, and each of us truly relates to how much effort goes into even our meager beginnings. I’m glad we can all be here to see, and to help, each other truly blossom.

Eva Kelly
      Duchess
      Registered On: March 1, 2021
      Replies: 209

Comparing ourselves to others is a trap we often fall into and it breeds discouragement. Be nice to ourselves and practice. Enjoy the journey!

Grace Scarlett
      Baroness - Annual

Gabriela.

You are so right!!!…

I would hope that nobody is here to criticise…just advise. It takes a lot of ooomph to post your first pics and from that day on, confidence grows and self esteem grows as you master your look. I expect not many of us would say we are the finished article.

Looking back, we all started somewhere, and most of us have progressed to where we are now, with lots of discarded pics along the way!!!….

if you post a pic on here, by all means look to improve….but mainly just be proud that you did !!!!

Well done,

grace in progress ❤️

MelanieElizabeth
        Lady
        Registered On: January 9, 2021
        Topics: 8
        Replies: 98

I can’t agree with you more Grace. Just posting a picture here takes courage be proud of yourself. Most of us are works in progress and I haven’t seen anyone ever post a negative word about someone’s appearance. We are here to support each other.

Polly Stewart
      Lady
      Registered On: January 2, 2021
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 878

Gorgeous Gabriella

Ohh, I so, so agree! I blanch when I review old photos of me in a pink bobbed wig! Gawd… ewyewwww

With the help of my amazing wife I have been able to improve myself to a point that I pass at even a short distance. However, without HRT and other stuff all I can do is refine my clothing style and range, practice my femme voice, refine my makeup and moisturising regime and a host of other femme things…

A lot still to do but what fun doing them!

Love Polly

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account