- April 4, 2021 at 7:20 pm #473794Gabriela InamorFounderRegistered On: January 11, 2021Topics: 55Replies: 118Has thanked: 92 timesBeen thanked: 602 times
I was just looking to some pics in the public photos section. And one description drew my attention. It was the poster expressing some frustration about her own look.
I wish you all could see the first pics from everybody. I know that my first few pics I wouldn’t show for fear of scaring people to death.
We all are work in progress. So, no shame about the girl in the dress! Takes years upon years for any little girl to grow up and experiment and learn. Lots of advice and feedback form mom/sisters/girlfriends. Most of us have to go through the learning process all by ourselves.
So, hold your head up high, and remember that once you got here you are not alone in the process anymore ok? We can be those sisters and friends providing advice and feedback. But remember as well that sometimes we may hear things we may not like. Even so, at least I promise I’ll never tell people something negative just to make them feel bad!
Total of 28 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.Kate, Ashley Konners, Lily-Rose Nielsen, Sa•man•tha, Margaret Marshall, Brittney Andrews, Genevïéve, TJ Liberty, Bettylou Cox, Bridgette VonSmirff, Kayla Olson, Laura Lovett, Bianca Everdene, Stephanie Scott, Rozalyne Richards, Layla Jones, Heather Jameson, Marcellette Laval, Rayna (was Dala) Carlian, Katie Time
- April 8, 2021 at 7:27 am #475171Lily-Rose NielsenDuchessRegistered On: November 2, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 193Has thanked: 973 timesBeen thanked: 697 times
So true. When I joined CDH I was so insecure of myself that my profile picture was rather heavy redacted. I was wearing a wig and I didn’t dare showing myself “natural”. Now I’m out publicly every day, I haven’t worn male clothes for weeks. And you can see new photos on my profile section for photos. They are straight from the camera exactly as the were taken.
Lots of Hugs
- April 6, 2021 at 9:36 am #474402Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 2002Has thanked: 3888 timesBeen thanked: 7073 times
Truer words were never spoken,Gabriela. A relative newbie to the world of CD, I actually did post my first photo….’TAin’t pretty! I have definitely made progress, though I still don’t look nearly as good as you lovely ladies tell me I do (but thank you, anyway).
- April 6, 2021 at 11:01 am #474435Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 54Replies: 1106Has thanked: 3856 timesBeen thanked: 5736 times
okay Bettylou….then I’m not going to say how lovely you are anymore…even though you are lovely !!!…..
Whispers – damn, did I say that out loud….I bet she heard me….haha
1 user thanked author for this post.
- April 6, 2021 at 11:24 am #474440Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 2002Has thanked: 3888 timesBeen thanked: 7073 times
A girl my age has to take compliments with a grain of salt, lest she forget she IS a girl my age, and do something foolish. Nevertheless, they are morale boosters.
- April 5, 2021 at 1:30 pm #474088
- April 5, 2021 at 12:09 pm #474038Stephanie ScottLadyRegistered On: February 8, 2021Topics: 18Replies: 246Has thanked: 706 timesBeen thanked: 1299 times
- April 5, 2021 at 12:03 pm #474033Rozalyne RichardsLadyRegistered On: March 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 536Has thanked: 975 timesBeen thanked: 1814 times
Hi Gabriella, mine is definitely a working progress there is so much i have to work on, i have to work on my voice, my make-up, my walk, i could be the sister to the bride of frankenstein,
Also i have to work on my courage to walk out of the door now and again xxxxx
Hugs Rozalyne x
- April 5, 2021 at 11:03 am #474002Layla JonesLadyRegistered On: June 7, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 37Has thanked: 313 timesBeen thanked: 142 times
Well said everyone is at a different place with different skills wants and needs and no matter how well you dress or express yourself there’s always something new to learn and I no ill never stop. The hard part is how to word honest constructive help to offer help and not come across as mean or even take that constructive criticism well when the heels on the other foot. Layla x
- April 5, 2021 at 10:13 am #473994Heather JamesonDuchessRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 486Has thanked: 822 timesBeen thanked: 1779 times
That hit’s the nail on the head Gabby. I remember some of my early attempts especially with makeup, kind of a cross between the bride of Frankenstein and a really scary hooker. Thankfully the 70’s and the 80’s, a time before digital photography, lack of evidence, nothing to see here. As I just said in another post I replied to, we are all here to support and help each other. There’s enough people in this world that still don’t like us so we have to stick together and help each other. Just remember what Thumper’s mom told him, if you can’t sat something nice, then say nothing at all.
- April 5, 2021 at 9:40 am #473985
- April 5, 2021 at 3:41 am #473887stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 146Replies: 1962Has thanked: 3121 timesBeen thanked: 9006 times
So true Gabriella. I don’t post public pics for privacy reasons, not because I am afraid of negative feedback. I do take pics though, for self assessment as confirmation of how my look – but above all – my confidence has grown. And to better assess how different styles suit me. For whatever reason a photo seems to “tell the truth” more than the “magic mirror” does, as it captures a moment in time that can be reflected upon later.
The issue with posted photo’s is that repliers always tell you what they think you want to hear, and don’t want to offend, so bite their tongue, when sometimes some honest feedback might be welcomed. We all make mistakes and are blind to them, so some honest criticism could be helpful. I have seen many a photo and thought “if only she had smiled, she would have looked so much better.” I never say it though. Is it a form of dishonesty to pretend you like someone’s look?
- April 5, 2021 at 2:08 am #473864Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 28Replies: 789Has thanked: 7806 timesBeen thanked: 3469 times
So true, Gabriella, Myself, I have posted my pics from the first day I fully dressed, and while I know they are atrocious, no one has said a thing, and I am PROUD of them, because it shows to me, I had the courage to begin, and my progress throughout.
This site is all about affirmation and support, not condemnation
Love you all,
- April 5, 2021 at 1:52 am #473858Val’sheril StarsongLadyRegistered On: March 3, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 319Has thanked: 189 timesBeen thanked: 615 times
Honestly, one of the things I can genuinely say I’m proud of about this sisterhood is I can’t recall seeing a single negative comment on a photo. I think we encompass all steps on this shared journey, and each of us truly relates to how much effort goes into even our meager beginnings. I’m glad we can all be here to see, and to help, each other truly blossom.
- April 5, 2021 at 1:20 am #473849Eva KellyDuchessRegistered On: March 1, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 209Has thanked: 2116 timesBeen thanked: 971 times
- April 5, 2021 at 12:45 am #473845Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 54Replies: 1106Has thanked: 3856 timesBeen thanked: 5736 times
You are so right!!!…
I would hope that nobody is here to criticise…just advise. It takes a lot of ooomph to post your first pics and from that day on, confidence grows and self esteem grows as you master your look. I expect not many of us would say we are the finished article.
Looking back, we all started somewhere, and most of us have progressed to where we are now, with lots of discarded pics along the way!!!….
if you post a pic on here, by all means look to improve….but mainly just be proud that you did !!!!
grace in progress ❤️
- April 5, 2021 at 12:34 pm #474057MelanieElizabethLadyRegistered On: January 9, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 98Has thanked: 224 timesBeen thanked: 543 times
I can’t agree with you more Grace. Just posting a picture here takes courage be proud of yourself. Most of us are works in progress and I haven’t seen anyone ever post a negative word about someone’s appearance. We are here to support each other.
- April 4, 2021 at 7:35 pm #473800Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 878Has thanked: 1233 timesBeen thanked: 2919 times
Ohh, I so, so agree! I blanch when I review old photos of me in a pink bobbed wig! Gawd… ewyewwww
With the help of my amazing wife I have been able to improve myself to a point that I pass at even a short distance. However, without HRT and other stuff all I can do is refine my clothing style and range, practice my femme voice, refine my makeup and moisturising regime and a host of other femme things…
A lot still to do but what fun doing them!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.