Viewing 48 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Who are the role models that made you the girl you are today? Please tell us. Also, share these role models in the group I created

Anonymous

Other than many of the girls here on CDH that have all been so kind and helpful, I have been motivated to express my feminity by a kindred spirit on you tube, Heidi Phox. If you have never seen her videos, check them out. Wonderfully feminine. I have also been motivated by many tv actresses. In my youth it was Elizabeth Montgomery, Marlo Thomas, Mary Tyler Moore and many others. Always wanted to be Vanna White. What a great job. A new outfit every day. My current infatuation is Lilly James (Cinderella and Momma Mia). How nice it would be to be that cute and perky. Well, a girl can dream, can’t she. Hugs Annie

Hi, Annie, just wanted to say that I wholeheartedly share your admiration for Heidi Phox. I hold her in high esteem among crossdressers with YouTube channels. Not to mention, she has a very supporting SO.

Anonymous

Heidiphox is great!  I love her videos

Id love to have a GOURGOUS role model. Someone who can guide me thru my process of BEING the woman i desperately want to be

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

I started on my TG voyage when I was still very young in the 1960’s. at that time the only people I know of who presented fem were female impersonators like Danny La-Rue, the famous case about April Ashley had just launched and that was the first time I heard the term ‘sex-change’. (….in those days there was only ‘Drag’ ‘TV’ &‘TS’ and no other terms used – ‘Transgender,’ or TG,  came in the late 80’s )

However there where no others who were visible in my little town next to Stonehenge in the centre of Wiltshire, so I forged my own path and made my own rules, only meeting another like me for the first time in the mid 1970’.

Since then I have been supportive of all new girls and work to guide them on their way, Ive been involved in TG police training and policy making, and have contributed to books on the subject, but have not found anyone who is a role model.

I have found a lot of wonderful individuals who have inspired me and others that have made me jealous, but none that I have wished to emulate.

hugs

Dawn x

Patrick Swayze in To Wong Fu.  He must wear a dozen different outfits and they all are beautifully tailored.  He was also great from the neck up, hair and face.

Kate Middleton.I love her style.I can’t afford to copy it but I love her outfits,shoes and handbags and the nude tights/pantyhose.

Anonymous

Wonderful choice.

I do not have a CD role model, although I agree with the others who stated that Heidi Phox is quite beautiful. We have very different skin tones, however, so I could never make the blond look work for me.

I would have to say that my strongest influence as far as presenting as a female would probably have to be my mother. She was always a beautiful and classy woman. Other genetic women who had a strong influence on me were Natalie Wood and Jaclyn Smith. I have a very strong recollection of seeing Natalie Wood as Maria in West Side Story when I was a child and wanting to be her.

Hugs,

Elise

Anonymous

Oh Annie, my mom and aunt were the ones that mmost influenced me. I first dressed in 1965 and the first time i did i remember acting like my mom and aunt with feminine mannerisms. My hair was already shoulder length, so i put it in a pony so i coudl see my earring better. I even smoked cigarettes lie a woman does, thinking how nice it would be to do so with mom and auntie. Oh what a feminine feeling to have lipstick on your cigarette.

I got caught my first two times and when julie and mom sat dow the second time i told her i wanted to be pretty and a girl. I did get to sit and listen to mom and auntie chat after that. She told me i was gay and it was ok.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Daisy Duke. The ultimate, leggy pantyhose girl

Anonymous

He wasn’t a role model and I’m not sure you’d even call him a crossdresser but David Bowie kind of influenced me. I even did the Alladin Sane lightning suit one halloween.

I don’t know how many of you cruise You Tube for videos on crossdressing,but if you do you have likely come a crossed one of my role models for dressing, Hedi Phox. She has dozens of how to vids and well as vids and pics of her many adventures out dressing on the town, vacations etc. If you don’t know who she is already, you should check out her site or You Tube for her videos.

MARLIYN MANSON AND TWIGGY ,I ALSO LOVE ZIM ZUMS LOOK ,I CALL MY STYLE THE TWIGGY LOOK ,I FOUND OUT IT WAS OK TO BE ME

Marianne
      Ambassador

I do not have any CD role models, perhaps because I see myself as a woman rather than a crossdresser. I have been dressing in women’s clothes since age 11 or 12 in the late 1970s, starting with my mother’s skirts and dresses. The whole world of CD/TV/TS/TG and more or less the whole LGBTQ-community was merely unknown to me until my 30s in the middle to late 1990s. That doesn’t mean i lacked models though. I always admired the female movie stars of the 1940-1960 period. Classy elegant women like Katherine Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor, Grace Kelly, Vivien Leigh and many more gave me the inspiration to be like them, a Woman with capital W. I also took influence from the many books I read in my youth. Nancy Drew (yes I had them all until the late 80s) Enid Blytons Mystery and Adventures series and later a number of progressive Swedish authors, in one of which I found my name.

Do any of you remember the Michael Keaton movie “Multiplicity?”  One component of the plot was that when a clone was made from a clone, the integrity of the endeavor dropped off dramatically.  So . . . I think we need to continue to model the “real women” in our lives.  I haven’t yet read all the previous responses.  My guess is many agree.  I have a Pinterest board filled with shots of mostly-young women who I admire and emulate in their appearance and style.  Although I most frequently dress androgynously, I really want to project the image of a fit young woman.

More later,

FAM

Since I started cross dressing as a child(6 years old and I’m 53 now)  most of my idols are from the 70’s.  Recently though my favorite has been JoAnna Jet.  Still pretty and since I’m roughly the same age so wish I could pass as well as she can!

I said no since I can’t think of any specific CD role models I have. I’m more concerned with experimenting with different looks but could see how finding role models would help.

Anonymous

Mine is kourtney kardashian.  I love how she dresses.  A lot of my style is patterned afrer her.  A lot of my outfits are similar to things she wears.  Almost all of my shoes are something i’ve seen kourtney wear especially knee high gladiator sandals.  She seemed to be the celebrity most seen wearing those types of shoes.  I just love her!

Tina Thompson
      Duchess

[postquote quote=191191][/postquote]

David Bowie definitely influenced me. The way he completely changed his persona from time to time, and of course “Rebel Rebel” — which may be the best trans song ever recorded.

Hey you up there lol David Bowie was RIP a huge gender bender.

See when we were younger (back when Andy Warhol had the only phone in the world to call god) the genders were much firmer back then and the only way to change genders was to bend.  Nowadays you give someone the Pat Benatar and these  genders are so soft they melt like Ice cubes hence the fluid part.

She made me girly-

Marla Rosenfield

Tina Thompson
      Duchess

My trans role model?

I’ve had so many, but the most influential one for me was Carolyn Cossey (aka Tula) — she was a Bond Girl in one of the films, and she was an utter knockout in her time.  She also carried herself with dignity and grace when the English tabloids outed her.  She was a pioneer and a badass.

Tula and Ru Paul are my roll models.

Jackie
        Ambassador

Ru Paul, Pandora, Devine

Jackie
          Ambassador

Oh I stupidly forgot my number 1 favorite and friend Jackie Beat, she rocks them all!

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

In recent years, I would say Vera Wylde is someone that I have found inspirational more so than a role model. I just happened on her crossdressing tips on youtube thanks to me watching her other youtube channel about all things scifi and fantasy.  I find her delightful and positive.

I agree, Michelle, Vera Wylde can be inspiring and informative. She gave a short talk on “passability” on her YouTube channel a few months ago, which gave me some encouragement, being in the “never will pass” camp, myself.

Heidi Phox is gorgeous.  She wears a dress in a way to die for.  I love her taste in clothing and lingerie

Anonymous

Another on Facebook that I have come to enjoy is Monica Prata She is an image consultant for cds in NYC. Her video clips are near

Annie, I’m not on Facebook and I’d never heard of Monica Prata, but I found some YouTube videos of her work. Impressive, I’ll say – she can really “make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.” Make me wonder what she could do with this old hag! Sadly, NYC is just so far away, I may never know.

Gisela Claudine
      Duchess - Annual

As I grew up, I admired brazilian model Roberta Close and argentinian vedette Cris Miró and found them fascinating and inspirational. We are from the same generation.

In general, I admire all those who dare to experience freedom, since I tend to be very reserved. CDH is helping me a lot. Love you all so much!

Anonymous

I don’t have any CD role models but I always wanted to be like my mother the way she dressed and the way she walked and acted I have to admit when I was younger I could walk and talk and I had all of her mannerisms down pact she made me the woman I am today

When I was a young teenager I lived next door to a very beautiful women that dressed to the nines. Hosiery and heels every day. Most of the time on short skirts too. She started my wonderful journey into being a cd. I even “ borrowed” some of her lingerie.

Janine7
      Lady

As an older cd I have been inspired by Judy Woodruff on PBS. She wears very attractive feminine outfits.

Heavens, yes, I’m crazy about Judy Woodruff, too! She’s only a month older than I am. And let’s not forget Andrea Mitchell, since we’re talking about TV news personalities.

Becka
      Lady

Actually “had” role models.

None not too obvious, and from my teenage and late teenage years and into adult hood.

My number one “cross dressing” role model was David Bowie.  He did not cross dress in the sense we may think of, but he wore provocative clothing, and did so all so well.  All through his life.  He was big in shaping me, in me wanting to be like he was.  Just all around cool, sexy and oh so talented.

The next in line (from the 70’s) was Elton John.  Again, not a traditional “cross dresser”, but flamboyant to a degree, and always dressed so cool and uniquely.  I had a great pair of platform shoes I’d wear that all the girls absolutely loved, and I loved the fact that they would say, “your shoes remind me of Elton John”.  I loved getting that comment.  On his Goodbye Yellow Brick Road album cover was a picture too of his drummer, Nigel Olsson.  He was sitting with his drums, wearing a halter top.  I always thought that was the coolest, and really wanted to go out in one.  I would stare at that picture forever.

Honorable mention goes out to Liberace.  Again, not a traditional cross dresser, but I enjoyed his flamboyant nature, and his all around talent as an entertainer.  I used to love to watch his specials on TV.

Those were my role models.

Emily
      Lady

Oh my! It seems that my yes vote tied the score. My CD role models are the women I have met and come to know here. Your bravery, advice, and encouragement have helped me more than y’all will ever know!

Molly
      Duchess

As @ashleigh (thanks) has already stated, the Ladies here are my CD role models.

I’ve been thinking about why this happened, and I think it comes down to my exceptionally strong resolve to not think about “What does this mean?” about my desire to dress for the very longest time.. Yes I saw Gender Bending individuals (David Bowie for one) and felt envy, but was so good at not allowing myself to think of me having a CD label, that I never really thought of them as role models.

Having admitted it to myself before joining this site, (kind of a pre-requisite), has made it so much easier to admit to admiring individuals because of their dignity and aplomb in CD.  Thank-you Ladies, so many of you have made a huge impression and should count yourselves as role models.    (I’m afraid of mentioning names for fear of leaving someone out).

Hugs and Kisses

-Molly

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Molly.
      Tina Thompson
      Duchess

I hope that posting this picture doesn’t violate any rules, but this is my role model, Carolyn Cossey, in 1980.  It’s a definitely real ad, as was her tequila ads, her Playboy pictorials and her tiny part in a James Bond film was real too.  She was also known as Tula, and she was the first true transgender supermodel.

She was outed by the British tabloids, and her career was ruined by the LGBTQ antipathy in Margaret Thatcher’s England.  Cossey persevered, got married, then settled down and disappeared into the woodwork.

I do know that she for a time lived in the Atlanta area here in the US, but I was unsuccessful in trying to meet her.  And girls, I tried.

Recently, though, Carolyn Cossey has re-emerged in public, and has an Instragam feed and a Twitter account too.  She’s a wonderful follow and I definitely recommend learning her story.  Honestly, she’s up there with Reneé Richards and the other early trans pioneers who paved the way for those who would come later.

Look her up, and if you’re so inclined, read her book.  It’s a really good story.

Carolyn Cossey, Smirnoff Ad, 1980

Anonymous

Tina the British tabloids and Margaret Thatcher two of my biggest hates. Thatcher didn’t just have antipathy to the LGBT community but also

miners

steeleworkers

Car workers

printers

football fans

poorer people, disabled etc

Northerners particularly Scousers

I could go on, not forgetting milk drinking schoolkids.

Impressed by your UK knowledge though. Most of us couldnt distinguish between Bernie Sanders and Bernie Winters (British comedian, not funny). We only know Donald because of TV expososure and his ravings. Anyway US politics non of my business. Have a great day and keep posting your wonderful pictures, you do look great.

Donna. xoxo

I voted yes to this but really couldn’t say that I actually have, or had a role model as such, but one person that does give me inspiration is Trisha Leigh St. John.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/29824863@N06/

I never had a CD role model per say. I’ve never aspired to be like someone else, I’ve only wanted to develop my inner feminine self. However, there has been quite a few CD influences throughout my life. Although I was really young, I remember actor Milton Berle doing his drag skits on evening comedy shows. Later but never watched television show with actor Tom Hanks as a CDer or the movie Tootsie with Dustin Hoffman. In 1982 a movie titled Victor, Victoria was made. It starred actress Julie Andrews as a female nightclub singer pretending to be a male singer who crossdressed as a woman. I saw it on VHS or laser disk and would love to see it again. This was about the time I began playing dress-up with my grand aunt’s clothes. I was influenced the first time I watched the Rocky Horror Picture Show on VHS in college. Since I began seriously exploring my feminine side in 2016, I’ve been influenced by the same affects that we all have been: the LGBTQ+ movement, the internet, drag performers i.e. RuPaul (just for starters). Now that I realize I’m gender fluid; I’m very happy and enjoying my life.

CDH role model is Gina Angelo.  She looks so cool.

Actresses I admire Amy Adams and Alyssa Milano.

On YouTube I enjoy taking in perspectives from Victoria Wiggins and Paige James too.

I love taking these polls.  Thanks for asking!!!

My girls from Friends inspire me too.  Jennifer Anniston, Courtney Cox, and the fabulous Lisa Kudrow.  Love watching when I am dressed.  Admire and love them.

DeLora
      Lady

An interesting question. I don’t really have a role model, when I dress I strive to find the feminine me, I am not looking to be someone else or be influenced by someone else. I have a feminine side and for me the whole point of CDing is to allow the femme me out.

I admire other crossdressers and trans females. Anyone who is capable of sharing their lifestyle with others is worth looking up too.

Most cis woman. They are my role models and teachers they have spent their lives learning and continue to learn. The girls here would be great role models.

luv Stephanie

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I’ve been wearing pantyhose and heels with a shirt that looked like a short dress. Since then, every time I saw a girl looking so nice, I longed, dreamed and fantasized about wearing what she was wearing and wanted so much to look like her.

That girl cold be in everyday life, (there was countless numbers of them), on TV in magazines and department store catalogues. I loved looking in those magazines and catalogues and seeing all the pretty girls in their pretty clothes. I loved their pantyhose, stockings, lingerie, bras panties, pretty dresses, heels and just about everything. I wanted all of it so much. I dreamed, fantasized and longed for the day when I could wear all those wonderful things.

I had my endless little crushes and role models, but who really put me over the top was Daisy Duke. I couldn’t let her go. I had to wear what she was wearing and look like her. I shaved my legs, bought short girl’s shorts, and platform wedges I wore with shiny sheer to waist pantyhose. I grew my hair longer to try to look more like her. Then when I got my own place at 18, I began buying all the wonderful, pretty clothes I had dreamed of having for so long. Much of my choices were based on, would Daisy wear this? How would Daisy look in this? I even bought a few wigs where my hair would look like hers.

So, my role model and inspiration was actually a fictional character. Without Daisy though, I even wonder if Patty would have ever existed.

Jacqueline Dufresnoy “Coccinelle”

From the pole it seems like a good proportion of us actually don’t have a CD role model. I know that I don’t and other than Caitlyn Jenner I would struggle to name another cd.

Guess I’m wrapped up in my own little world.

Take care girls.

Anne-Marie.

Hi Everyone!

I have to say no. I have not had any CD role models. I think I am very lucky to have a lot of friends and acquaintances on CDH who do inspire me and for whom I have an immense amount of respect. I don’t consider them role models. I consider them awesome.

Hugs

Autumn

Anonymous

Not a role model per se but Heidi Phox the crossdressing YouTube superstar is someone I admire.

Heidi has amazing style, skills and femininity. Also her wife is totally onboard with dressing.

-Caroline

Natassia Crystal is so impressive in femininity, beauty, courage, intelligence, style, and on and on.

Araminta.

Agreed. I have seen a few CD’s over time and looked up to them out of curiosity but not a role model. I too stumbled upon Heidi Phox and use her as a role model for look, style, confidence, technique and mainly her relationship with her wonderfully accepting wife. I corresponded with Heidi for a short while and she was the one that I emulated and wrote a long letter and come out to my wife.

Anne Lister, no question.

What a strong person, and how very courageous to be herself, 100%, at a time in history that it just seems impossible – and for shining a light on society far wider than she probably intended, in a quite deliciously explosive way!

Love Laura

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

role models? ,  well I really haven’t thought about it . I guess if there was one or should I say many it would have to be our gurls right here. Their the ones I’ve first met,  learn from and receive many helpful advise and tips to discovering this exciting world. I’m very opened now so searching I’ll likely will find those who are instrumental to our passions and then I may include them as role models.

Stephanie 🌷

I never really thought of it. I guess I could say Beverly Lasal from All in the Family. She was a perfect lady that never let anyone get her down.

Bjr / Bonjour je pense que c’était mon modèle: Andréja Pejic                                           She is a beautiful top modèle 

Viewing 48 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?