Who made who?

Who do you feel like is more likely to clock you?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • Women
  • Men
  • Equal chances (both / either)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Patty Phose 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Sa·man·tha
    Participant
    Registered On: January 21, 2018
    Topics: 63
    Replies: 717

Hello Sisters,

Not sure if this has been asked.  But I’m curious, when or if you go out into this big ol’ world of ours as a lady, who do you feel like is more likely to clock you?  Any anecdotal evidence or personal experience you’d like to share?  Thanks! ❤

5 users thanked author for this post.
  • Author
    Replies
     Patty Phose 
    Participant
    Registered On: May 7, 2016
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 741

Women notice me for what I’m wearing. They either like it or it’s like “what is she trying to prove? Many who talk to me or compliment me are very nice. Guys heads will turn when they see me. Am I the tall girl with the sexy long legs in the short dress, or do they see me as a guy in a dress?

I’ve been yelled to, catcalled, had professions of love and been followed. No one ever screamed I was a freak or a guy wearing a dress. I usually don’t let them get close enough to tell when they seem overly interested.

2 users thanked author for this post.
     Laura Lovett 
    Participant
    Registered On: November 18, 2018
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 926

I think I’m probably clocked by everyone who sees me.

Most just ignore the elephant in the room, in that charming British way. Not a flicker of recognition or any clue.

A few, almost exclusively men, make some kind of unkind comment in the street.

Women, if they comment, say really nice, encouraging things. Every time I’ve been out there have been a few women (only women) who have told me that I looked pretty, or some such. It may have been sympathy…

At a club, where you’re more on display, I have found men will happily talk and not really mention or care what you look like, as long as you are good at listening!

It tends to be Cis women again who are most curious, ask questions and make very flattering comments – and even flattering actions to the point I had to make grateful but apologetic rebuttal.

If they are doing that through sympathy I’d be amazed…

The point really is that getting clocked is fine – but not in the punched in the face sense…

Words are slippery but thought is viscous.

(Webster)

Love Laura

Laura Lovett 
      Participant

…I don’t understand the title???

:0)

#BlondeMoment

1 user thanked author for this post.
         Sa·man·tha 
        Participant
        Registered On: January 21, 2018
        Topics: 63
        Replies: 717

Haha I know hon.  I’m trying to see if I can “game” the banner ads by the way I title posts.  That’s how bored I am with life right now, lol

Olivia Livin 
          Participant
          Registered On: October 22, 2018
          Topics: 16
          Replies: 925

lmao

You!, and your mind, are amazing!

Laura Lovett 
          Participant

Hehe!! I  might join in that game – sounds fun!

Love Laura

Berta 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 25, 2019
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 10

Actually this is a reply to:

Who made who?

Who do you feel like is more likely to clock you?

First a comment:

This is a new term for me as I’ve never heard the word “clock” used when referring to a person being “made” when dressed as their opposite gender! In the USA the word “clock” has 2 popular meanings; one being for a device used for keeping track of the time of day, the other, not so nice, is the term used for one being hit/punched by another. (I’m sure many have seen the video’s on “You Tube” and others of young folks sneaking up on elderly and “clocking” them on the side of their head from behind so they pass out and fall down in a heap.)

Now my reply:

I checked both or either. Berta has never been “out” nor “dressed / made up” fully en-femme and at this time of our life most likely never will or can be. Being “dressed” in long satin nightgowns and other satin lingerie is about as far as this deeply closeted 79 yo crossdresser can go. Although during our cold winter’s I’m usually completely satin clad beneath my male shirt and pants. This consists of my every day satin panties with a lacy satin full or 1/2 slip or a plain satin tank top style camisole (the Meant To Be Seen brand once sold in JCP, Macy’s & Sears but I’m no longer able to find anywhere). When I traveled for business via my company car to do customer presentations I often was completely en-femme under my male facade as I then had the time for nylons with either a satin garter belt or gartered OBG. I wore dark colored women’s flats that passed as loafers. I fondly remember those wonderful times as I luxuriated all night long in my hotel / motel room totally encased in my satin gowns and robes. I envy the “gurls” who are blessed with supportive, understanding, helpful wife’s or SO’s that are with them on their feminine discovery. Sadly my knowing but hating the idea wife is not one of them and will not discuss it with me.
    For me to go “out” is not possible. I am a very chubby 255 pound male with a huge Adams apple (usually the 1st tip off) and a huge male butt! We live all alone so have no social life or true friends other than attending Church every Sun. AM and an occasional bus trip. We are together 24 / 365 so I have no opportunities to do all the prep work and get dressed even if I had the slightest idea how to make myself up.

You asked for “Any anecdotal evidence or personal experience you’d like to share?” So here is one I’d like to share:

I’d just returned home from one of my business trips. I knew that my wife was going to be out for the evening. That morning I decided it might be neat to make my 5 hour drive all femmed up under my pull over and khaki’s. The drive was uneventful and once safely home we had supper. Before she left my wife told me we’d received our tax refund checks in the mail and I should get them into our bank acct. Oh my how the wheels were turning in my feminine brain! I opened my suitcase with Berta’s things in it. Removed my shirt and pants and the lacy white satin slip I’d chosen to wear followed by my boxer style white satin tap panties. I left on my white satin garter belt and the shear dark black nylons it was holding up. My navy blue flats were replaced by my white patent 2.5 inch heel pumps. I then slid into my ankle length white charmeuse satin peignoir set. Threw on an old blond Halloween wig, clipped on ruby red earrings and matching necklace. Satisfied with how I felt all satin clad I headed for my car. Once I was all in, flowing robe and gown is a lot to manage, I hit the remote to open the garage door and was on my way for a new adventure. What feelings I was having as I drove across the city to our credit union. I did notice we had some winter wind blowing. Once at the CU’s drive up ATM (which is located behind the building) I made our deposit and withdrew some cash. When I pressed the transaction complete button my ATM card returned. When the machine spit out my cash and receipt a gust of wind blew a few bills and the receipt out of my grasp. Oh joy, what to do!! I couldn’t open my door because of the ATM so I drove ahead to a point where I could. Checking all around there were no other cars entering, so I opened my door to get out and pick them up. First thing that hit me was the cold wind blowing my skirts like crazy and feeling that cold air in places where I never had before. I took some effort fighting the wind dressed as I was but at last had all in hand. During this out time I was enthralled with sounds my heels made with every step on the paved surface which made me feel ever more feminine. As I began my walk back to the car I noticed the headlights of another car turning into the ATM driveway at the front of the building. My walk quickly became a more difficult effort against that blowing wind and my skirts blowing like crazy as I couldn’t hold my money and them down properly. I reached the car and was pulling in the last of my skirts as the car rounded the building and headed for the ATM. Looking in my mirror I was shocked to see that it was one of my co-workers and friend. I immediately beat it out of there even though he was honking and flashing his lights to get my attention. The drive home was hasty and via a different route, in case he chased after me. That was a rough night as I was sure he’d seen me and would be full of questions in our office the next morning.
    Well guess I got away with my feminine drive as the next day he asked if I’d been at the CU the night before. I answered yes, why are you asking? He said I thought it was you and tried to get your attention to see if you wanted to get a coffee! I said I was sorry didn’t realize that but needed to get home as I’d just returned from my trip.
    Nothing more was ever said, whew.

Falecia McGuire 
    Participant
    Registered On: January 11, 2019
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 42

I get kind of a kick talking about this “clocking” thing, but I never really present as a woman in public – at least haven’t for years.  If I thought I could pull it off, I would in a minute.  That said, for now I’ve really found my “voice” in androgyny – or for me, wearing all women’s clothes while presenting as a man.  I do wear shaping garments and even breast forms which go relatively unnoticed.  I do a lot of heels – sandals, booties, and an occasional wedge pump.  I play with a little jewelry – mostly necklaces, bracelets, and rings.  I wear super skinny jeans and tights with cap-sleeved or sleeveless blouses and a variety of tunics.  I am apprehensive as I head out the door, but I usually hit my stride by my first stop.  I just love dressing this way and I believe it shows in my confidence.  I am no doubt clocked as a man in women’s clothing.

I’ve mentioned in other posts that I am frequently surprised by the reception I receive from others, mostly women, who seem to appreciate “the look” partly because I put so much effort into the neatness and coordination of each clothing or adornment choice.  I love belts, mostly wide, with large and/or decorative buckles.  I generally follow the current trend of tucking my upper garments so the buckle shows, often on either side rather than the middle.  People have commented specifically about belts, shoes, or “the outfit.”  It seems silly to focus so much on nonfunctional aspects of clothing choices that serve primarily to showcase my gender fluidity, but there certainly are proclivities that are just as intentional while not nearly as harmless.  But this, apparently, is who I am!

FAM

3 users thanked author for this post.
     Fiona-Ann Moss 
    Ambassador
    Registered On: October 7, 2018
    Topics: 359
    Replies: 1192

I had to think about this one, i have mixed feelings on the answers but i eventually went for Men because i figured that men look at women more than women look at women but i could be wrong!! 🙂 xx

Fee xxx

3 users thanked author for this post.
     Jo Jo Sweet 
    Participant
    Registered On: September 22, 2019
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

A few years ago i went to a local (not too local) shopping centre and went in a sports shop. I was probably conspicuous because i was glammed up with wig full make up and high heels but no one said anything even though i noticed people looking.

Heather Jameson 
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2019
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 107

It’s obviously both, I like to think I look nice but I know I’m not passable, nor do I try to be. i have much to manly a face and I don’t try to disguise my voice, it just makes me sound silly. I just present as me and use my feminine mannerisms to help carry things off. Most people just accept me as a person especially the younger people, they are much more tolerant and accepting.

6 users thanked author for this post.
     Gabriela 
    Ambassador
    Registered On: October 7, 2018
    Topics: 133
    Replies: 653

Hi Sammy!

I answered both, or either. I usually try to interact more with other females, not with guys. So it may be that they will have better chances of reading me. But then again, my goal is not passing anymore, and even if they may (which only somebody in denial can pretend never happens), they have always treated me as just another human being.

Funny how when you drop the whole “passing obsession” you can end up enjoying life a whole lot more, and just be yourself without having to pretend. Which doesn’t mean behaving like a man in a dress, but just not being a slave to a role, because in all reality, it is not a role to play but just a way to express yourself.

Gaby ♥

Heather Jameson 
      Participant
      Registered On: April 1, 2019
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 107

Well sais Gabby, particularly like the last bit about not playing a role. I’m not acting, this is me.

Thanks, Heather.

Alice Underwire 
    Participant
    Registered On: September 16, 2019
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 255

I find women are more observant when I’m out cross dressed.  Men seem wrapped up in their thoughts and don’t notice.  So I chose women.

Alice

Falecia McGuire 
    Participant
    Registered On: January 11, 2019
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 42

Samantha,

Odly enough, I don’t think the gender of the observer is as relevant as one might presume.  It’s more the general attitude about gender fluidity.  When I look at women who display masculine characteristics, I’m evaluating how well I might emulate their femininity.  But, I’m also rooting for them to pull-it-off if they’re a CD or carry-the-torch for we men who want to cloud our masculinity, if they are not.  I guess, since I dream of passing, I want to believe that others are successful.

FAM

4 users thanked author for this post.
     Marianne 
    Ambassador
    Registered On: May 20, 2017
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 409

There was no Neither alternative!

Joke aside l think women are more observant of details giving us away. Teenage girls are said to be the most critical and I have seen the one whispering and pointing to the other as times. Never had a direct confrontation or bad word spoken to me though.

Marianne

4 users thanked author for this post.
     anne-marie 
    Participant
    Registered On: August 26, 2018
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 256

I don’t really feel there is much difference but the reactions are very different.

I’m sure women clock much more than we realise but they tend not to show signs that they have clocked us whereas men will much more frequently give the game away, even if only with a mild look of disapproval.

I’ve also found that youngish girls are the ones who most frequently pass comment in the vein of Oh look…….

C’est la Vie.

Take care girls.

Anne-Marie.

Olivia Livin 
    Participant
    Registered On: October 22, 2018
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 925

Excellent Sam

A mixed bag

While I feel it is men who more often visually search out and ‘admire’ the feminine form, its the gg’s that if they noticed us would more easily detect any misteps, mis fits, or glitches in our packaging.

5 users thanked author for this post.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account