Tagged: 

• This topic has 43 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 28 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous
      Inactive
      Registered On:
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 32

Practice.  Practice.  Practice.  Walk heel to toe.  Put one foot in front of the other, so your steps form a single line instead of two parallel lines.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Peggy Sue Williams
      Participant
      Registered On: June 26, 2019
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 205

Torrid is an excellent place to purchase shoes, for many reasons.

I have found that Torrid sells the only true wide width shoes, for us big curvy girls.

Their shoes are well made and reasonably priced.  Watch their sales and use your “Torrid Dollars.”

Their fashion boots come in “wide calf” sizes.

As already mentioned, they have some pretty high block heel shoes, very easy to walk in, and you have the great fashion look of a very high heel.

Their wedges are beautiful and made for big girls’ tootsies.

If you go in person to one of their stores, you are greeted warmly.  They enjoy helping CDs find pretty things.  Here in Atlanta we have several local outlets.  At two of them, where I am well known, they greet me with things like, “Hey beautiful, what can we help you with today”?  “Hi sweetie, how can we make you more pretty today”?

Their sales associates are not pushy in any way and will leave you alone to browse, but they are always ready to help.

You can also order on line.  Their orders arrive very quickly.

Bobbi
      Participant
      Registered On: September 13, 2018
      Topics: 26
      Replies: 1445

When the weather turns cooler, you’ll need some boots to wear with leggings!  🙂

Alexis S
      Participant
      Registered On: September 1, 2020
      Replies: 2

It definitely takes practice. I could barely walk in low wedges when I first started a few years ago and have worked my way up to some unnecessarily high stilettos. Lol Just take your time, go slow, and look up not down. I feel like it’s a bit easier when you keep your hips loose as well.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Marlene Roberts
      Participant
      Registered On: December 9, 2019
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 95

Thanks! There is a Torrid right by me; LV Mall. Near you?

Joeanne Johnson
      Participant
      Registered On: September 18, 2017
      Replies: 10

Oh my gawd, I luv heels and have not been able to walk enough miles to ever make me want to wear flats!

I first tried on heels in junior high. My friend and her mother had closets full of heels. I helped them move and got to sneak a try… They were a bit too narrow but I stuffed into them and was able to pace around in no time rocking the Candies mules while wearing my own pair of Jordache that were a bit long in the leg. I got two weekends of practice.

Ever since I have never had my very own properly fitting shoes and my feet arent too long but they are kinda fat. I have used every opprotunity  to strut back n forth pacing in whatever second hand me down donation shoe I could stuff my feet into. …  I would be such a cinderfella if I had my own properly sized shoe and could seriously take a walk outside on the wild side…. kinda sad 😞👠👡👜👗💅💄💋👣 But soon enough I will strut!

Rozalyne Richards
      Participant
      Registered On: March 10, 2018
      Replies: 227

Hi Sophie it takes a lot of practice to walk in high heels, it took me quite a long time to get the hang of walking in them, i suggest you get the ones with a block heel which are a lot easier to walk around in then move onto wearing ones with stiletto heels when you have gotten used to them x

Hugs Rozalyne x

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Registered On:
      Replies: 182

Hello Sophie, practice wearing in the house. It took me 3 days to walk without looking like God knows what. Now flats to 6″ stilettoes are no issue. Stairs were another day of practicing. Could also practice with wedges… Ankle needs to build up. It will happen.

Take care, hugs,

Natasha

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Carla Jones
      Participant
      Registered On: May 14, 2017
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 262

Not sue what size you wear but Torrid have block heels from 2 1/2 to 4 inch heel. A block heel gives you stability and makes practice much easier. They are really priced well too. I had on a pair of 3 inch Torrid heels today walking thru the mall, they are comfortable and make your legs look wonderful. The block heel looks great with denim skirts and skinny pants. Practice practice practice on all types of surfaces and stairs.

Carla

Falecia McGuire
      Participant
      Registered On: January 11, 2019
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 109

Probably the best advice is to get the heels you want to wear and practice with them.  There is nothing gender specific about high heels.  I have to laugh when I hear people talk of a woman’s walk or their hips or any other part of their bodies.  Many women do not like high heels, have never mastered them, and cannot even fake competence on them.  Some men like me can run in stilettos.  I have spent virtually the whole day in five inch heels and loved every minute.

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Evany Evans
      Participant
      Registered On: August 6, 2020
      Replies: 9

Hi Sophie, I would highly recommend, regardless of the shoes your wearing, from tiny kitten heels to the largest most awkward stilettos, I personally have practised on floors with carpet (not area rugs, yikes!) to allow me to master the actual performance of the walk without slipping at all or twisting my ankles on a small service area upon setting my heel down. This works for carpeted stairs as well, which I used to master my stair climb. Just always remember to use the railing or risk going for a serious ride!

Justin/Justine Dickerson
      Participant
      Registered On: July 27, 2020
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 18

Same here it is pretty difficult but start off smaller heels first then move on to bigger heels

Elizabeth Reynolds
      Participant
      Registered On: June 28, 2019
      Replies: 21

My only pair of heels are 3.5 inches, and the bottom of the heel is about 3/4 or an inch wide. I have a long narrow foot, so wearing a women’s size shoe is no problem for width, but I need a size 15 for length. I find the 3.5 inch heel is comfortable, makes my calves and posture look great, and is no problem to walk in. But remember high school geometry – a 3.5 inch heel on my size 15 is similar to a 2.5 inch heel for a girl with a size 8 foot.

(Sorry I just realized this was posted to the dear GG forum. I didn’t mean to cut off any responses from GGs. I’d delete my post and repost to the fashion forum but can’t find a way to delete. Thanks for helping us on our journey GGs).

Jay Upton
      Participant
      Registered On: November 28, 2019
      Replies: 10

Feels like my posture is better walking that way!

Sophie Rose
        Participant
        Registered On: April 19, 2020
        Topics: 3
        Replies: 46

Yes! I love posing in them

DeeAnn Hopings
      Participant
      Registered On: November 10, 2019
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 603

Hmmm never heard of them, thanks

I don’t think there is a specific definition, but probably less than 2”…

eleanor holborn
      Founder
      Registered On: September 23, 2018
      Topics: 2343
      Replies: 390

Try a kitten heel low but elegant

Sophie Rose
        Participant

Hmmm never heard of them, thanks

Jessica Scarlett Ray
      Participant
      Registered On: January 20, 2020
      Replies: 40

I have been a dance teacher since 1996 my suggestion would be since I dance in high heels all the time is this! Stiletto Heels look good but do not give you a lot of support so I use shoes that have the heel but maybe have a slight flair at the heel base giving more support. Secondly consider a shoe that as more support round the heel after all we don’t want to stagger across the pavement. Thirdly consider using ankle boots with a stiletto heel? I have seen dance shoes with this option. Fourthly! You can walk in a higher heel say 4″ in a ankle boot rather than a court shoe. Fifthly don’t even consider platform high heels ” A death wish”. And finally practice! Practice! A female walk is a lot different to a mans walk, a catwalk gait is very rarely used but walking down a singular line can be identified. Try walking and wearing your high heels round the house the female hip is used more and stand upright and remain soft in the shoulders.

Good Luck and stay safe Love to All.

Jessica Scarlett Ray.

6 users thanked author for this post.
        Sophie Rose
        Participant

Wow thanks for the advice,  I will take it on board.

Hehe you sound sooo cool  I want you job.

Thanks to all you girls for the encouragement and advice, I wish I could cat walk for you all lol xxx

DeeAnn Hopings
      Participant
      Registered On: November 10, 2019
      Replies: 603

Many people will say to shorten your stride, but rarely is it explained why that is necessary.

If you take a long, regular stride, when your heel plants there is considerable angle between the floor/ground and your foot. As your foot pivots forward, the small area of the shoe heel makes it very easy for your ankle to rotate sideways. It takes exceedingly strong ankles to resist that. Taking shorter strides allows for a much more shallow angle when you plant  your heel. Your foot has to pivot very little before it comes in contact with the floor/ground. Once the forefoot touches down, you have stability.

Come to think of it, there could be a benefit in practicing while wearing a hobble skirt or a close fitting pencil skirt in order to limit your stride…

6 users thanked author for this post.
        Sophie Rose
        Participant

Hunny x

Thanks for the advice,  yes I’ve noticed short strides are needed, and to be honest I look kind of cute walking that way too xx

Sandy Jayson
      Participant
      Registered On: September 29, 2019
      Topics: 13
      Replies: 199

Hi Sophie, I see some of the gals here are suggesting a 3 inch heel, might I suggest going even to a 2 inch heel first.  I have gone to a block heel myself, You get the wide base for the heel, less likely to twist an ankle.  At my age I even twist an ankle in my drab work shoes.  I walk to many miles every day across lawns, all that uneven surfaces.

Good luck,  Sandy

4 users thanked author for this post.
        Sophie Rose
        Participant

Hey Sandy.

Think I agree. I love my strapy 4 inches but I’m scared I’ll do damage.  Love my legs in them but I’m like bambi! Kind of cute tho hehe xx

Jennifer Heels
      Participant
      Registered On: December 11, 2019
      Replies: 69

Wedges are easier to walk in then heels. also when you walk, walk with the entire foot not on your tippy toes. takes awhile to build the ankle strength also. you can also start with lower heels say 3 inches then work your way up to higher heels.

Jennifer

Sophie Rose
        Participant

Good advice. Thanks Jennifer x

Patty Phose
      Participant
      Registered On: May 7, 2016
      Replies: 1367

That always seems to work for me. Wear the heels for a while before you are going to wear them out. Soften them up, break them in, then when you are out and walking and standing on them a lot you will be somewhat used to them.

My stilettos were a vital and essential part of my femme attire. I had to get used to them. I had to have them to show my legs at their very best.

Sophie Rose
        Participant

Yeah. They show my legs soo well

Patty Phose
      Participant

I just found breaking them in and wearing them to be the best way to get used to them. And what they do for the sexy appearance of legs is amazing.

Patty Phose
      Participant

The first heels I ever bought for myself was platform wedges. Walking in them was different at first but became very easy and natural a short time after.

I had been admiring and fell in love with a couple of pairs of stilettos. I enjoyed going to the store and trying them on. Several months later I decided I just had to have them so I bought them.

When I put them on at home, I was barely able to walk in them. When I saw how they made my legs look though, I knew I was going to wear them no matter what. I wore them at home nearly constantly, even to bed. After a couple of weeks I could just put them on and go walking about the house with no problem. I broke them in and guess I just got used to wearing them.

Then I began wearing them out and walking around in them. at first it was a bit awkward, but I got used to that pretty fast. A couple of months later I wore them to a college Halloween Party. I walked a long distance from the car to the party, stood, walked and danced all night. The did hurt my feel a little after a while, but the look and experience of wearing them was so worth it.

I guess you just have to get the right size, break them in, get used to wearing them and after a short while you will always be wearing them.

Sophie Rose
        Participant

Thanks Patty.

Great advice.

I LOVE POSING IN THEM, they make legs look amazing!!

Julie Green
      Participant
      Registered On: April 21, 2020
      Replies: 13

Slow and steady – that’s my motto.
      I had mine on for too long one day and I could hardly walk afterwards.
      Lots of practice – standing in tip toes to strengthen calf muscles helps for me too.
      I saw a good topic in one of the forums – probably “how to pass” or something like that – talking about posture when walking too.
      Take it easy – and enjoy the feeling.
      Love,
      Julie

Sophie Rose
        Participant

Thanks Julie.

Yes feet get tired, and I’m glad I go to the gym so my legs are stable.

I will practice,  gosh heels make my legs look so toned,  so glad I got a pair

BillieJay
      Founder
      Registered On: September 21, 2018
      Topics: 52
      Replies: 25

I like wedge sandals and espadrilles. there’s a lot of variety in them, and they’re very stable to walk in, and a lot of different heel heights.

work on strengthening your ankles and being stable in them before moving to narrower heels

Simone C
      Participant
      Registered On: January 23, 2019
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 115

Sophie,

My two cents worth from hard experience. Start low on wide heels. 2″ court shoes are great. You need to learn a lot of things and the last you want is a trip to the hospital at the moment with a sprained or broken ankle from “falling” sideways off the heels. You need to learn the stride and balance.

Another thing is watch out for the floor! Those stilettos will perforate a floor given a chance, I had a brand new wood floor ruined by a GG in stilettos! In the old days you had to take them off on airplanes because you punched a hole in the cabin floor.

Yes, heels look and feel great and really change the shape of your legs, hips, and give you a nice sway however Rome isn’t built in a day.

S

5 users thanked author for this post.
        Sophie Rose
        Participant

That’s great advice. Thanks. Especially about injures etc. My respect has gone up even more for women

Sophie Rose
      Participant

Yeah I think these are 4 inch. Feels like it 😬

Sophie Rose
      Participant

Hi Deborah.

Great idea. I will check on there.

I feel like I’m on stilts!!😯. But I had to get some, just completes an outfit.  Xx

Thanks

Deborah Sullivan
      Participant
      Registered On: February 27, 2020
      Replies: 318

Sophie there are some good tips on you. tube videos worth watching so just type walking in heels. Yes very difficult at first and not natural but when you do learn the art of it you will love it. You will find walking out in public makes you feel so vulnerable since you take shorter steps but will give you that extra lift in your spirit too. Practice in the house and in a few hours you will have it

Sophie Rose
      Participant

Thanks hunny x

Sophie Rose
      Participant

Thanks.

Lol I did the classic girl thing of falling in love with shoes

Sophie Rose
      Participant

Julia, thank you. Embracing my girly side a lot now xx

Sophie Rose
      Participant

Thanks hunnyy..soo excited

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.