• This topic has 53 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 24 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

So, I haven’t said anything, but I just have to share a little success story.

Six weeks ago, my sister-in-law challenged all of my siblings and each one’s SO to a weight loss contest. Two opted out, leaving four couples in the game. Winning couple (decided by largest % of combined starting weight lost) would collect $200 from the rest of the teams.

At the six week weigh-in, my wife and I had lost a total of about 28 pounds or approximately 7.07% of our starting weight. Yours truly accounted for almost 22 of those pounds. I started at 213.3 and as of yesterday morning weighed 191.5.

The challenge officially ends at Thanksgiving, by which I project I’ll weigh, maybe, 180.

Who knows, maybe I’ll keep going ‘til Christmas and get down below 170. We’re talking numbers I haven’t seen in 20+ years.

Anyone else dieting?

Congratulations Raquel on your weight loss!  Not actually dieting, but it seems just eating less as one gets older.

Alice

Anonymous

I think I was eating more as my weight crept up over time. Plus, I had become a little more sedentary. I’ve worked up to walking/jogging up to 2.5 – 3 miles per day.

Hi Raquel,

Good for you for setting your walking goal and keeping it going.  Even a 15 minute walk after a meal can make a difference.

Alice

Great to hear, Raquel.  I have working to lose weight for the past 5 years. Finding time to train has been my challenge between injuries and work.  I broke 300 for first time in probably 20 years at the close of last summer (2020). To date, I have lost 75 pounds with another 50 to 60 to achieve my goal.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Anonymous

Congrats, Mackenzie. That’s awesome. If you need a weight loss buddy, feel free to reach out.

Any type of competition with my brothers brings out a beast in me, though. I think my wife and I have a pretty good lead on the next closest couple, but I’m not going to let up. 😁

Raquel, I think I found those 22 pounds you lost.

Dang.

Anonymous

😆😆😆.

Clara, you just need to find someone else to pass them along to.

Anonymous

Clara…😂😂😂 xx

Peta Mari
      Lady

Check out Dr Westman (professor) keto diet. I lost 45kg doing it in 18 months. 2.5 years later my weight has maintained somewhere between 75 & 80 kg. I went from XXL to M shirts.

Size 22 to 16 in dresses.

Emily
        Lady

I went Keto in May of last year and went from 220 lbs to around 150 at my lowest.  I’m not Keto at the moment because you need to cycle on and off to keep the benefits going.   Then at the 1st of the year I started running 3-5 miles a day and that REALLY kicked the weight loss / toning into high gear. But I’m sitting comfortably around 162-165 now days.  It isn’t easy, but it really worked for me.

Anonymous

Wow! Emily, that’s amazing. Good for you

My activity level had become pretty stagnant at the “almost none” level. In the beginning, I started walking just a mile or so each day. It wasn’t strenuous by any stretch. I wasn’t out of shape, just overweight. I’ve worked up to 2 to 3 miles, of walking and/or jogging.

In my prime, I was a “runner”. Taking it slow easing back into that mode so I don’t hurt this old body.

Anonymous

And may I say, you have a fantastic figure. Your photos make me very jealous. 😍

Much love,
          Raquel

Anonymous

Mary Jane, that’s incredible, too.

I’ve done it basically by monitoring calories-in vs. calories-out, using an app called My Fitness Pal. It’s the primary principle of weight loss.

Peta Mari
          Lady

With Keto, I never count calories. And I’m never craving for food either. I eat when I’m hungry, and stop when I’m content. Often naturally skip meals.

On my prior diet, I was constantly hungry.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Glad to hear that Raquel! Keep up the good work!

Amy

Congrats on losing the weight.  Twenty years ago I had no problem losing weight, but nowadays it just doesn’t go down.

Anonymous

Alison, I know it can be a struggle for some. Just hoping you and everyone here is happy and healthy.

Much love,
        Raquel

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Congratulations Raquel!

I hope you and your wife win that competition, and achieve your goal weight.

Anonymous

Lara, I may have upset some folks in my family by sharing a similar post on FB. It was supposed to be a friendly family-only challenge.

Truth be known, my brothers and I are a competitive bunch and they don’t like losing to me, particularly.

My wife also pointed out that I was gloating within a private text chat among the 8 of us.

So I think I’m just going to keep on going on my own and forget about the “game”.

Thanks, though.

Much love,
        Raquel

Good strategy. The only one you should be competing with is…you.
          If the brothers follow you along, then fine.
          If you happen to win, might I suggest you buy them a dinner out? I’d make it all in good fun.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Oh Raquel I’m so proud of you. Keep going girl.

Hugs, Liara

Anonymous

Thanks, Liara. I shall.

Anonymous

Well done Raquel….

Amazing willpower….I hope you win!!!!

I don’t diet, bit I have cut down on my portion size at mealtimes….and I do a lot of walking….works for me.

Just be careful….$200 can buy a lot of……cake

Huggs, grace xx

Anonymous

Thanks, Grace.

I may be dropping out of the competition (I have strange family dynamic s#!t going on with my brothers. They are happy for me, but hate losing to me.), but I’ll keep plugging along, regardless.

First, it was $200 per couple, so the bounty was $600.

And second, quit tempting me with cake. 😘

Much love,
        Raquel

Anonymous

I am losing weight. I have changed my relationship with food. You can’t eat like a man and have a nice figure. I just started and haven’t been weighing myself, but my blue jeans are a bit lose. I plan to keep going.

Congrats Raquel and all others who are trying.

Anonymous

Rasa, that’s good news. And it’s a perfectly valid reason to go clothes shopping. 😁. Keep it up.

Much love,
        Raquel

Anonymous

Congratulations Raquel, You Got This Girl!

Hugs, Jillian

Mia Mor’e
      Baroness

That’s amazing!!! Congratulations and keep up the good work!!!

Leslie
      Lady

Congratulations!!
      Hugs,

Leslie

Anonymous

Thank you, Leslie!

Anonymous

Update. Family issues were overreacted to by me. All’s good. And I’ve lost almost another 8 pounds. Weighed 183.6 this morning.

The thought of loosing weight makes me laugh. I get text messages on my phone all the time telling me how I can lose 20 lbs. in 30 days. Ha! ha!… If I lost 20 lbs. and turned sideways I would disappear. I couldn’t gain weight if I wanted to.

I only weigh 110 lb. As a man it really sucks to be so petite but the girl in me loves the fact that I can buy any clothing that I like and not worry about if it will fit or not. I even own a lot of young girls clothes that fit just fine. My shopping is not restricted to the women’s department, I can shop in the girls dept. as well.

Good. For. You!
      Feels great doesn’t it?

Did you loose your boobs? 🙂

Anonymous

Dani, it does feel great. Mostly, it’s just the knowledge that I’m shedding a bunch of fat.

Not sure about the boobs. They were never prominent or much more than an A cup. I always used homemade boobies to fill my bra. I’d rather have a nice set of toned pecs and continue to “stuff” or maybe, eventually get some forms.

Thanks.

Much love,
        Raquel

Anonymous

That’s great Raquel, since I have been working from home I’ve gone from 168 to 150 plus added more exercise. Keep it up.

Anonymous

Seems like my sisters and I are in this together. Keep it up, Katie!

Barb Wire
      Lady

Awesome, Raquel!

I haven’t lost as much as you, but I can understand a little. Your post encouraged me to try on a pair of hosiery I’ve kept locked away in a dry, cool and dark place for a while. At first, they fit just fine, but I quickly got fat and they became uncomfortably snug.

Well! They now fit just fine and are super comfortable! In fact, ordered 10 more and the beauty shop says they haven’t change the sizing or anything.

🍰 Barb

Anonymous

Barb, I haven’t weighed this little in so long, I hardly have and skinny clothes left.  😆.   Gonna be time soon to shop for drab AND femme stuff.  After I lose about 15 more.

ChloeC
      Duchess

Congratulations Raquel. And also to the others here. I was just under 200 about 2-3 years ago and decided to do somthing – exercise and change in eating habits. Im now in mid 170s and after a break have started getting serious again. My new goal is low 160s…or less. For me its been a slow process , down 2 up 1 and similar just stay focused on the goal.  But the results are totally worth it. Best wishes to all.

Anonymous

Thanks, Chloe.  Sounds like we both have about the same target weight in mind.  Hope you make your goal, too. I know I will.  😉

Hi Raquel.

Thanks for asking.

1.5 years on Keto. Excellent diet for me. Very easy to do and maintain.

Start 209 – down to at the moment 170. Goal is 165. As of late have eased up a bit, however, but maintaining my 170.

Chose my goal weight after studying where a woman of my height and build should want to be. True, I am still male, but that goal and the reason for it helps me manage my dysphoria. In that sense it is the little subtle things that help.

I am glad to be down, but it has had its downside. As I am mid sixties my face is now too skinny. I look a bit more like an “old gentleman” than I care to look. Also I have lost a lot of male breast tissue. Sadly. 😪

The up side – much less; yes almost no male gut to hide. Skinny jeans – well, I love how they fit and how I look now. 🙂

Hugs,

Charlene

Anonymous

Charlene, my profile pic is my “before” face.  It has slimmed down, as well. Maybe I’ll do another when I hit my target weight.

“Waisting” away, though is what I am happy about.  Less rolling of my panty tops, if you know what I mean.  😁

I’m happy for your progress, too.

Anonymous

Our secret has been twofold. 1) log daily meals and snacks using MyFitnessPal, tracking calories, and 2) increasing moderate exercise, mostly just daily walking.

But as I have shed some pounds, I’ve sprinkled in jogging a bit during my walks.  I used to be quite a good runner, 2 miles in 12-13 minutes in my forties, the occasional 10k, 10-miler, or even half-marathon.

I miss the euphoria that would come with some distance running.

My wife has dropped about 10-12 pounds. She’s not as happy with her progress but will take it.

Raquel, I agree. No real progress without faithfully logging food. A hassle? Yes, but well worth and essential it if you are serious about losing. I did to use My Fitness Pal. Now I use Carb Manager; the pay version.

Point 2 Exercise is essential. I walk. Running / jogging too hard on my knees.

Again thanks for sharing. You have encouraged me to go after that last 5 lbs. with more determination. I will let you know when I finally arrive at my goal (girl 😉) weight.

I am almost certain with the right foundation garments my waist will finally be smaller than my hips. ☺

40-36-42. True, not pin up proportions, but maybe the older lady next door? And honestly, that OK with me.

PS – this has been a fun post. Thank you.

Charlene.

Anonymous

“Goal (Girl) weight” 😄. Thanks for the laugh!

I never thought of it that way. But now won’t be able to think of it any other way.

Much love,
            Raquel

Trisha
      Duchess

Congrats.  What a great start.

I should be dieting but I have this problem with seefood. If I see food I eat it.  😋

Trisha

Anonymous

🤣. Reminds me of Rodney Dangerfield. I bet you don’t get no respect. 😁

Trisha
          Duchess

I’m a self respecting type of lass. Don’t need others just my own.

Anonymous

Well, the challenge has ended and my wife and I won in a landslide, dropping a combined total of 50 lbs. I met my intermediate goal of 180 by Thanksgiving, weighing 178.4 on Wednesday.

But as they say, “This ain’t over!”

I’ll see y’all on the skinny side. 😁

So far 15 pounds gone, but 20 still to go. Some of the clothes that I pirated from my so ACTUALLY FIT!

Debbie

Anonymous

Wow Raquel

Well done!

But i think you

put the load right on me

Anonymous

Princess, I’m happy you have recovered and found a positive to your illness.

If I continue to lose weight, I may have to buy some new things. 😁

Much love,
      Raquel

Anonymous

That’s fantastic, Bobbiesue.  I guess that means we get to keep you around much longer.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?