Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Is it weird that I love military history? Like, I can spend hours on end researching major battles of, say, WWII, and that I enjoy doing that? Or is that just unique? I know, random post, but that’s where Chloe is today, in the world of randomness.

Oh my, not weird at all !!! I also love military history.

Anonymous

I mean in terms of being a lady. It’s about the only thing Chloe shares in common with drabby other than video games

Gotcha

Anonymous

Yeah. But I have literally gone and researched battles only to create a battle 360 program. Plus I can tell you the exact moment or decision within a battle that won or lost it for that side

Wow ! Thats really being into it !

Chloe, you are seriously weird in an amazing way, very obsessive and that’s what professors are made of(as has been posted the more trans professors the better) it might take some work to get there, but you will be living your passion. And for your nfo I am a massive gaming obsessive, at least yours has a real world application

Anonymous

Same…..love military history

Cool, that kind of passion is what careers in academia are made out of.

I don’t know what stage of life you’re in, but if you happen to be looking for a career or are making those kinds of long term planning decisions, that kind of passion could translate into a real job in a history or military science department at a university. If it fits, you might consider it.

There may also be the perk of getting to dress up at work. I teach at a university and I am lucky to teach in a very open minded department, so once or twice a week I get to come in en femme.

Oh, and to answer your question, it’s totally weird, but what’s wrong with that? I mean, LOL, this is a cross dressing website after all. Weird is fun.

Anonymous

It’s more of a hobby than anything

Sure, but if you can get paid to do your hobby . . .

Anonymous

I don’t have the patience to teach though.

That’s what grad students are for. LOL. It’s not for everyone.

For what it’s worth, I think it’s a pretty cool hobby.

Since military history, in particular WWII, is mentioned on a crossdresser website, you might think that’s weird. But have you seen the movie “All the Queen’s Men”? Yeah, it’s more fiction than history, and the crossdressing is tongue-in-cheek, but sometimes weird is fun.

Anonymous

Hi Chloe,

I’m not sure its that weird. Although they are under-represented, it’s not unusual to come across female military historians / commentators such as Alexandra Churchill on TV and Wiki has a page listing of academics that fit the bill. And of course there’s transgender military historian Lynette Nusbacher who features quite often on cable TV.

I love the subject – although at the TV documentary / wiki entries level. I am fascinated by the number of times luck has a hand in deciding major outcomes – not always military genius.

Marti xxx

Anonymous

I’ve noticed that as well. Either luck or one decision based on incomplete Intel. I always refer back to Midway on this as, had the Japanese known the US location, they may have launched the attack on the 3 carriers sooner and not have been as exposed or looking like a powder keg. Also had McLuskey not spotted the Arashi, would the US have been able to hit the Japanese carriers? Maybe not. But the decision that, for me at least, decided the battle was to rearm the Japanese Air wing with torpedoes from bombs. And the piecemeal attacks by the US bringing the fighter cover down to sea level

I’m not all that into it but I can give a fairly decent tour of the Gettysburg battlefield.

Last summer I went to visit a nearby sea war museum and it was interesting to see everything there, especially I fancied a submarine tower made of brass to reduce magnetic influence on their compass, and then it was the tower from the very submarine which sank the Lusitania. That was amazing to be able to touch the thing that made America go to war.

Hi Chloe I also love military history and would be happy to chat with you sometime about that give me a shout

Anonymous
      Lady

I like WWII history as well but always thought war history was mostly a guy thing. I don’t think I have ever heard a group of women discussing something like the difference between war ships or ammo.

Anonymous

I’ve seen a few, mostly military types though. That’s why I asked if weird or unique, because it is so rare.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Oh my….  Hi Chloe.  If it’s weird, then I’m a WHACKO!  You are not alone.  Military weapons and warefare ( esp. 19th and 20th century ) has been my passion since i was a teen – which was a Long time ago, lol.  After high school I even applied to the Georgetown University for Strategic and Foreign affairs!  Hundreds of military and history reference books, and literally hundreds of board  wargames to refight the battles with.

Lol.  Off the top of my head i could name every Japanese major warship in WW2 or discuss tactics at Jutland in WW1 (ad nauseam) or the folly that was the Dardanelles, to analyzing  German mistakes at Kursk or Allied mistakes during Operation Husky in Sicily…..  i could go on ya know 😄😄

But.   I ramble….  Sorry this stuff is my kryptonite for endless chatting.  🙄

Maybe its weird, but then I’ve been weird almost half a century!  ( haha, okay ).  And maybe it is not feminine, but isn’t that being  a bit sexist?

Stevie

Aaaand, before i ramble more, no its not weird.  Definitely unique, lol.

Stevie

Anonymous

I certainly didn’t mean it that way. But there aren’t many ladies that are interested in military or war history. And while I don’t dig into the ships, I tend to go more into the personal stories of individuals. Men like Dick Best, Edwin Layton, Pappy Boyingtom, Presidents Kennedy and Bush 41, George DeLong and Dorey Miller. I’ll cover the general battle itself and how individuals affected the battle or their experiences within. Though I will cover ships like the Enterprise, Arizona, Yorktown, Juneau, Mogami and her sisters, etc. My primary focus has always been WWII Pacific Theater, though I’ve looked at others as well

Hi Chloe, i love history and military history. Mind you i tend to focus on real old stuff like Romans, Egyptians and earlier. But there are plenty of like minded people here.

As an aside, here in New Zealand i am watching a TV program called “Abandoned Engineering” and one of the military historians is Dr Lynette Nusbacher. Good program and having a trans presenter is good for our community.

I to love military history a step father was into it in my formative years and it stuck. And yes I had the classic, at the end of a bridge to far ” that’s not a panzer it’s I leopard II, from 1970 something”
      ( have forgotten exactly)

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?