• This topic has 25 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 16 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi ladies,

I finally cracked this afternoon. My wife and I had been discussing this for some time. I posted about the initial conversation a while ago, I wasn’t super happy with the concept at the time and we shelved it for quite a while but it came back up last week and started the wheels turning in my head. I definitely wasn’t ready then and I’m not sure I was ready for it today but it seemed like time to rip off the band-aid. My wife left on a trip for a few days, leaving our youngest daughter at home (18). Since she has her own suite I got dressed and made up and then got back to work but the opportunity was nagging at me. It was all done by text since my daughter is a bit ‘conversation phobic’, I figured this was easiest for her. Also, I wasn’t quite prepared to reveal Abbie in the flesh and it didn’t seem right to come out if I was in drab. Anyway, her response was this:

“I support u (thumbs up emoji) welcome to the rainbow club” — she came out as LGBTQ last year. Her response is pretty much exactly what I thought she’d say.

I don’t feel a whole lot freer than I did before but I’m guessing it will take time. So I guess, I’m sharing this for some perspective and to let others know it can be OK sometimes to let the cat out of the bag.

Congrats to everyone who’s come out to someone and I’m rooting for those that hope to get there someday!

Thanks for reading!

— Abbie 🥰😘

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Congrats to you Abbie!
      I hope you feel freer as time goes on.
      Hugs,
      Lara

Anonymous

Congrats Abbie for coming out to daughter. Glad things went well.  That one less load have to carry no more.

Hugs

Donna

Paula
      Lady

You have shown strength and courage, such great news!

thanks for sharing.

Geena M
      Duchess

Happy for you, Abbie! I came out to my adult (middle) stepson last year – solely because he lives with us and I was tired of hiding my painted toenails from him! He took it great, said it was my house and should do what I want. In the last year he has seen “Geena” fully dressed a few times and hasn’t batted an eye! It is such a relief for me each time after coming out to those FEW people I have! Again, happy for you girl!!

Hugs, Geena 😊😊

Anonymous

Wow, that’s great to hear Geena. I always assume boys are less receptive to gender bending than girls but it seems to be opening up lately. Thanks and congrats! Hugs

— Abbie 😘

I’m happy for you. It’s not easy to do that, coming out to anyone at all is a very individual choice. So far mine have been positive. I’m glad yours was too.

Bridgette

Anonymous

That’s Great Abbie!!
      Hopefully you will begin to feel freer as you spend more time around your daughter. Im sure you probably still have reservations about telling her. Maybe this will help you become more confident around her and more confident that her acceptance is real.

Chelly

Anonymous

Thanks Chelly,

I’m hoping so. This might take a few weeks to process. I don’t know how people do it all at once, I mean come out to everyone at the same time.

— Abbie 🥰

Brielle
      Lady

You have a terrific young lady there, Abbie!! What an absolutely incredible, affirming response!!!

I hope my daughter and her bride-to-be will accept me just as well. We’re going to their wedding next week, but I won’t come out to them until the end of the year.

Anonymous

Thanks Brielle,

and congrats to your daughter! It sounds like you’re set up for a good reception when you do tell her.

— Abbie 🥰

It’s really something isn’t it? We hold it in , twist ourselves in knots, get our undies in a bundle and then, and then when we make the big reveal, it’s just like you experienced. Kind of, “ho hum, good for you, no big surprise, yeah, I kinda thought so, I’m with you on this, ok I gotta go help my boyfriend with his nails”.  Kids these days. Sheesh!

; ) Miss C

Anonymous

Exactly.

Being ready for the ‘flood’ following a reveal to close family and friends just does not prepare you for the ease with which a lot of them accept us.

My Aunt Kathy helped mom with both my sister and I until I was about 2, and she has been extraordinarily close to sis and I all our lives.  When that fateful day came and sis and I went to tell her about Paula and step out of the family closet, I was in no way prepared for her response.

Her words hit me like I never expected.  “Well, it’s about time you said something.  I’ve been waiting for a long time.  Now sit down and I want to know EVERYTHING.”

So, so much better than the next several friends and family I told. She and my sis stayed right behind me as many relatives as they could.

Treasure the family who know Abbie, and let them see what wonderful person you are.

PaulaF

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Paula F.
        Anonymous

That’s amazing Paula,

I’m hoping someone will want to know everything at some point.

— Abbie 🥰

I’ve come out to close friends and my sisters. I’m out to the public and the DJ world but none of my extended family are in those circles. I received immediate acceptance from my chosen circle. The feeling was euphoric and so much easier than I thought.

I’m glad you made the move. Life will be much easier now that you’re not hiding.

Beth

Anonymous

The DJ world? Beth, do you go clubbing or are you a DJ?

and Thanks!

— Abbie 🥰

I’m a semi-retired DJ. Covid pretty much shut down the wedding industry and I have only done a couple of shows since then. However, the last show was the greatest, I did the whole weekend (Friday rehearsal, Saturday wedding, Sunday family party) dressed as Beth. Fantastic weekend!

Beth

Congrats, Abbie!!!!
      After thirty years in the closest, for many reasons including FEAR, I told all five of my kids plus spouses. There were a lot of questions, but way more acceptance, support, and love. They ALL were happy for me, knowing I was happy and whole. Quite a few “evolved” friends as well as my condo neighbors were told at all. They too were very supportive and accepting.

The young folks today are so tolerant and accepting. Because of them, I have hope that in the future people will only become more accepting.

So, be proud of your authentic self, step into the light where you feel safe and comfortable – and have FUN’
      Hugs
      Jules

Very pleased for you Abbie.
      Hope everything goes well for the future
      Elizabeth

Anonymous

Wonderful news, Abbie!  It must be such a relief.  And kudos to your daughter, first for being brave and out, herself, and second for embracing you for coming out.  🥰  It really warms my ❤️, every time I hear news like this.

Much love,

Raquel

Anonymous

Thanks Raquel,

that was the effect I was hoping to have by sharing it. People don’t get enough good news these days.

— Abbie 🥰

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Thanks for sharing.

Hugs, Liara

Angela Booth
      Hostess

We just love good news. Thanks for sharing…

Anonymous

Abbie

Well done you and what a lovely response.

Love Sarah

xx

Anonymous

I do view it as a win even though it wasn’t the most comfortable situation and still remains a bit awkward as I’m still not 100% comfortable being dressed around anyone yet.

Those phones eh? There’s always the ‘recently deleted’ photo album too where things sit after you think you’ve gotten rid of them. These kind of traps were the reason I finally had to come out, it was going to happen one way or another and I figured I might as well control how it happens.

— Abbie 🥰

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?