Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

As I’ve mentioned in other posts that I am going out a lot more dressed and absolutely loving it.  Not sure why I took so many years to do so but I’m making up for it by going out 2/3 times a week.  Yes normally in the evening but have been out during the day.
      The other night I went to Shoppers as I needed foundation and finishing power.  I usually just keep to myself while out shopping but a very lovely cosmetics associate said hi when I walked in so of course I returned a hi with a big smile.  As I was looking at foundation she walked over and asked if I needed any help. I was a touch nervous as first but told her yes I do need help . I told her right away I was a CD and she was very pleasant and pleased I was confident enough to be out.  She was great and helped me pick a new foundation colour and a finishing power that went together.  At the check out she thanked me for coming in and offered me some sample perfumes which I loved them all.
      Last night I went again as my wife and I needed nail polish remover and some vitamin D drops.  It was a different associate this time and again was super friendly and said let her know if I needed anything . I think it’s great how these younger women are very comfortable dealing with us while we are out. Maybe today’s society is becoming more understanding of crossdressing and the whole trans community.   All these positive outing does make it easier every time I’m out.
      Im growing more and more everyday in my journey and loving every minute of it.
      How many other girls are comfortable being out buying your femme things?
      Thanks for listening girls.
      Hugs

Ashley❤️

Sweet! Thanks for sharing your story!

-SR-

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I think we all get caught up in trying to look perfect when out. Truth is very few are.

Be glad for whatever you have and just go enjoy yourself. Just be comfortable and confident everything else will fall in place.

Yes Roberta I’m at the point where I’m out for me not anyone else.  Like you said show confidence and a friendly smile and all should be good.

You are probably right about increasing acceptance Ashley. Not being political here, just reporting on what I heard, the president of the United States said this last night…..

“I also hope that Congress will get to my desk the Equality Act, to protect L.G.B.T.Q. Americans. To all transgender Americans watching at home, especially young people, who are so brave, I want you to know, your president has your back.”

Clara

That’s pretty cool. Actually, that’s beyond cool. It’s hard to wrap my mind around the President doing that. I mean… sorry, I’ll stop now before it’s too late.

Bridgette returning to the corner…

Anonymous

Hi Ashley,

I took me a few trips out before I got past being self-conscious about being Dressed in public; but now, it is just a routine thing, and I don’t even think about being clocked.

Hugs,
      Bettylou

Bettylou, I’m over being clocked as well and normally let them know I’m not trying to pull the wool over anyone’s eyes and that I’m a crossdresser!  Honest is the best policy.
        Ashley.

Anonymous

I enjoy being a girl too much to advertise that I’m really not; but you are right about being honest about it.

Oh Betty Lou iso remember being so afraid someone i knew would see me. Then one Friday nite my wife was away seeing her parents and i was planning on going to a cd friendly club. Wife phoned me and said that the alarm guy was on his way over. I got so flustered and told her julie was here.  She said well do your makeup nice nice and see if he asks you out for drinkks. I went from being afraid he would see me to i wonder if he will think i am pretty. It was a breathless moment when he knocked on the door he wass the first man to see me as a woman. I welcomed. Him and told him iit was me bill but i go by julie now. We cahtted about my feminity quite long and when i told him how my wife had said to look my best and maybe he woudl take me out for drinks a real friendship began…….

Anonymous

That’s a lovely story, Julie; thanks for sharing it. My wife is now OK with me being a girl; she prefers the “mellow” attitude I get from being Bettylou, and once I got past my shyness about answering the door, dressing en femme is my preference.
            Hugs,
            Bettylou

Hi Ashley. Good for girl. I have had experiences similar to yours. Everyone has always been helpful and nice.

It’s great that you’re out more, and having confidence in yourself is the biggest result of going out, I believe. I think you don’t go out because you’re confident (I know I wasn’t when I first went out) but you gain confidence by going out. I’m more comfortable in my skin than I’ve ever been. Part of that comes from going out there, and finding that nobody seems to mind. I know people aren’t looking at me and seeing a GG, but nobody has ever said anything in my hearing. Sales Assistants have always been professional and nice, salon people always good, I’ve just had good experiences. So I feel good about going out, and I feel good about me. I like to go out to buy clothes and makeup when I can, or get my feet done. I’m going to get a makeover when Ulta starts doing that again.

Bridgette

Hi Ashley what a great story  im so envious of you ladies that go out im not quite to that point yet but just love to here your trips out and the fun you have so nice so happy for you ..

Stephanie Bass

Patty Phose
      Duchess

At 17, I began dressing like and trying to look like Daisy Duke. Then little by little I began going out like that. It was very scary and incredibly exciting. Then my big fantasy was to be in my Daisy attire and go buy more pantyhose. That took a lot of time and a lot of chickening out before I did it.

In spite of the fear and excitement I felt it was a non event. I just picked out my pantyhose, got on line, paid and left. What a rush. Of course I had to do it again and often did. Then a girl told me I had nice legs and asked of the pantyhose I was wearing was what I was buying. I panicked. I put down the pantyhose I was going to buy and quickly hurried out of the store. I swore I would never do that again. A few days later I did. I went back and bought the pantyhose I left behind hoping for another encounter.

It took a while, but the next time I got complimented on my legs and asked about my pantyhose, I was nearly as panicked but didn’t run off. I thanked the person for the compliment and talked about my pantyhose. it was a scary but great experience.

So now, years later, I’m still very nervous when I go out. Many times I’ve had fear hold me back. Still, when I can push through the fear I love the experience.

Anonymous

Hi Ashley.

I love going out shopping…I’m a sale rail scavenger, so don’t get in my way..haha…glad you are enjoying life at the moment…and getting the ” buzz” of going out…..

and I have never had a problem with sales girls/ cashier’s….I know a lot of them know exactly who I am…but I don’t care and they are always nice and at the end of the day….they are there to serve you!!!

Best wishes, grace xx

I’m with you on the sales rack hun.  Every little bit I save means I can buy more.  Lol.
        hugs

Ashley.

Well Gen I couldn’t agree with you more. I can honestly say I’ve never had an issue while out fully dressed or in drab and mention I’m shopping for myself.  Trying on shoes , clothes , pantyhose shopping and never the slightest problem.
      Ashley.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?