Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Robin Snow
      Duchess

Hi Ladies,

I want to share my experience at the hair dresser’s this morning. Mods, please feel free to move this if it needs to be.

I’ve been growing out my hair and have not cut it for 19 months (the only good thing from Covid). It’s down to my shoulders and needed to be cleaned up. So last week I made an appointment at a hair salon in the next town over. Since I wanted a haircut which would appeal to both sides of me I went in hybrid mode, guy’s sweatshirt, women’s jeans and women’s sneakers. She did a wonderful job with my hair, just cleaned up the ends and layered it a bit so I can keep my ponytail. As I was paying I asked her about the other services available at the salon. She asked what was I looking for …. I then asked how open-minded is she …. she said very! That’s when I had my “Schitt’s Creek” moment. I told her “sometimes I like to shop on the rough and tough side of the store and other times I like to shop on the softer side of the store.” She said there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that and I was not the first bi-gendered client she’s had. I told her I was hoping to have my brows waxed. She no worries I can do them so they are hardly noticeable and you’re eye makeup will look good. Needless to say I had my brows waxed for the first time. It ended up being a wonderful experience and I’m looking forward to going back again.

Thanks for reading!!!

Robin

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by Robin Snow.
      Anonymous

Thanks for reading???

Robin, it was wonderful, so many on here will be jealous, including me.

Grace x

Wow Robin ,

That is so incredible.

You handled that so well.

Sounds like you have a hair salon now.

I’m so happy for you.🤗❤

Thank you for sharing that wonderful story.

Patty

Alice Black
      Duchess

Robin,

I enjoyed as well your sharing with us on your visit to the hair salon.

Alice

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I thought it appropriate. What a lovely experience and you have a new friend. I am jealous too – you have hair!

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

What a wonderful time.

Hugs, Liara

Hi Robin,

Sounds like you had a fabulous experience!

Alice

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Eyebrows sounds like another adventure to come soon. Thanks Robin.
      . . . Cassie

That’s great! I have a mail salon I go to, often en Femme, sometimes rather androgynous, they do my toenails and sometimes my brows. It’s so great to have a place that you don’t mind knowing both sides of you. Like there’s no stress to that. I’m really happy for you… and of course jealous of your hair since I’m all Kojak now, lol!

Bridgette

Robin,

Can we all come hang out at your salon?😊

sounds like CD heaven to me.

Patty

Robin Snow
        Duchess

Hi Patty,

I have read a lot of threads on the various forums on how accepting and supportive people who work in the beauty industry are towards girls like us.  Also Vermont is a fairly liberal state.   I was cautious when I first sat down, trying not to tip my hand.  Since we were the only two in the shop, I figured what the heck.

I was particularly I interested in waxing services.  She did say she had a lot of male clients who came in for waxing.

Hugs,

Robin

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?