Viewing 38 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Girls,when you were at school did you envy your female classmates and wished like them you could wear their pretty clothes? I certainly did through all twelve years of my scholastic life from 1964 to 1976.In infants school rather than play rough and tumble games with the boys I longed to play with and be one of the girls and so envied their clothes especially their ribbed tights.Same thing happened at my primary school and at my high school it was even worse.At my high school a lot of the girls started wearing adult pantyhose/tights underneath their white socks.I was extremely jealous.I used to listen to them chat about the clothes they would wear outside school it was very frustrating.I longed to join in but never let on about my desire to be female. The other boys used to tease me because I wasn’t a typical boy like them.I guess that they clocked that I was a bit girly.Indeed they used to call me “girl” I used to protest but secretly I liked it.I took a lot of ribbing for having typing and shorthand in a class where all the other pupils were girls.One of my boy classmates in my regular class  joked that I took those subjects because when I grew up  wanted to be what we called in the seventies in Britain a ‘ dolly bird ‘ secretary with a short skirt high heels and tights. He was definitely only joking,but little did he know that I found that notion highly desirable.Another thing I won’t forget is seeing all the girls in their finery at the year one Christmas party.Forty eight years later I still wish that I could turn back time and be one of them.I suspect that if I was a high school boy nowadays that wanted to be a girl,my ultimate goal would be to wear a dress at the Prom.We didn’t have Proms in UK high schools way back then.

Anonymous

I’m a late bloomer so i missed out on all the fun in my teens an stuff…..

“dolly bird”  I just love that an tight skirts too 🙂

Love ya,

Lisa 🙂

Anonymous

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Oooh yes!</p>
      I loved the tiny PE skirts and regulation knickers, the summer dresses, the skirts, the swimming costumes…

And that day when the PE teacher got exasperated trying to explain the offside rule to me, and he actually asked me outright if I wanted to put on a skirt and frilly knickers and play hockey with the girls…

I couldn’t very well answer yes in front of my schoolmates, or life would have been impossible.

I couldn’t say no either, so sat silently and hoped he was being serious.

Sadly not.

I’m still envious of women I work with or see in the street – but not schoolgirls, lol! The skirts are too tight and short nowadays, and skorts are an abomination. It seems like summer dresses are a thing of the past too – so I’ll stick with the big girl equivalent. I love summer dresses!

Same with me Laura,I am envious of young adult women but not school girls.The high school girls in our area wear ridiculously short skirts.How the schools allow it is beyond me.In the case of adult women I always get jealous when I see their shapely long legs in black tights.No need for it really as although I am only five foot five my legs look good in tights of all hues

Ivy
      Lady

In middle and high school I was a little envious of the girls, especially the popular ones. I still enjoyed playing rough and doing the typical guy stuff but also done a lot of girl stuff as well. I was friends with more girls than boys in my teen years which gave me the chance to watch and learn from my girlfriends about fashion and make up, although i never let them know i secretly wanted to look like them. I guess listening to them and paying attention to how they done things has been a great help now that I do wear pretty things and makeup.

Anonymous
      Lady

Well I can say a very loud “YES!” to this one. I was an 80’s girl so we had big hair and lots of makeup. I really envied the flag girls in band with their white boots and red skirts. As I finished college I wished so much to make the change but even in the late 80’s that was still not acceptable and I wasn’t out yet. It was mid 90’s when I divorced and she outed my cross dressing and unfortunately the trashy 80’s look was gone. 😢. I still love big hair and makeup and a proper outfit should include hosery and a skirt.

🍷C

Anonymous

I didn’t know what cross-dressing was when I was in high school.  The only times I saw men in women’s clothes were when it was done as comedy in movies and television shows.  I wasn’t envious of the girls.  I just felt a curiosity that I could not understand at the time.

Anonymous

yes I was. But I’ll say this best times of my life.

Kendra
      Duchess

Yes I certainly was envious.  The girls wore a uniform that included a short plaid skirt, white blouse and either knee socks or pantyhose.  Most wore plenty of makeup and started wearing perfume.  I used to smell that perfume, stare at those at those short skirts and pantyhose covered legs and dream.

Hi Roberta, what a great question! i’ll have to hold my hands up here and say, yes I was! furthermore I think thats why I dress as a 16 yr old! at that age, clothes are so trendy, fashions vary considerably, skirts are short, it ticks all the boxes for me! back then, I could not understand my feelings fully as to why I felt envious of other girls, it didnt make sense! the feelings stayed and stayed, long past school, strangely enough and members may back me up here? it wasn’t so much the girls I was interested in, but their clothes! does that really make any sense to you all? wonderful topic Roberta, keep them coming!

Fiona xxx

Thanks Fiona.Your feedback means a lot.Glad you enjoy my posts.

Was I ever.

I was a teen in the 80s. Madonna. Whitney. Even Prince. I wanted to look like them so much. I was fortunate enough to live in an era where lipstick, eyeliner and big-ass, teased out hair was OK for guys too, but I always wanted to hang out with the girls. Most of my friends were girls. Even though I had makeup in my backpack, I still dressed like a guy – think Motley Crue, Poison, leather jackets, ripped jeans, band t-shirts. Around 11th grade I switched it up entirely and went full-on preppy – in my small town that – not makeup and teased hair – was what earned the most derisive comments from the other guys in school. Fag was the most common. I would occasionally get shoved or tripped in the halls, but mostly I ignored it and they ignored me. I had seriously attractive girlfriends all through school, so the comments, while frequent, seemed inconsequential in my mind.

I loved to go shopping with my girlfriends – I’d help them choose their outfits, and I was good at it. And, I’d give them make up tips, which sometimes earned me a strange look, but I was an arts and theater kid, so I had plausible deniability. Little did they or anyone else know that the hidden stack of magazines in my room weren’t Playboys but were instead Vogue, Glamour, and Elle!

The envy never ceased for me – I am still jealous of the women I see every day…

yes i was envious of the girls but at the same time it gave me inspiration and guidance that directed me towards a proper feminine way to confront womens clothing fashions and styling as well as proper make up application and feminine mannerisms and presentation. i paid attention and learned alot

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

That’s how/why I started dressing. I started out thinking about my classmates who were girls wondering what it would b like too date them. But then my thoughts went to wondering what it would bbe like to BE them and wear their clothes and…well there we go! LOL
      Cyn

And for me it wasn’t just the girls in school with me that I wanted to be like it was also the girls I saw in the street,my girl cousin,girls around my age on tv all dressed up in pretty clothes and tights.When I was in London when I was fourteen I was returning home on the train and sat opposite a very pretty girl of around my age,Iso much wanted to be her.Same goes for another girl in the street.

And as some of you have said our envy of females carrys on and on.My wife and I go into the city quite ofte.Sometimes we are on the commuter train and I see a number of ladies ranging from twentysomething to near my age of 58 all smartly dressed to go to work. As I am only a year and a few months off 60,I pay particular attention to what sixty something womwen are wearing.Although a lot of them wear trousers these days it’s nice to see some ladies wearing shortish skirts just below the knee with black tights.Looks just right and is still age appropriate,an excellent guide for me

Hello Roberta, I was envious of the girls, because they got to wear lovely clothes. I loved their school uniforms, worn with white socks, & if you was lucky you may have seen their white knickers as well. Also in the summer they got to wear pretty pink ginham dresses. If there was a birthday party at someones house, they got to wear pretty dresses as well, I so wanted to wear them. I did not what to be a girl, just wear their clothes, so know I can, I have a range of school uniforms/summer dresses/skirts/tops/etc. Wear them as often as I can.

love, Helenmarie

Yes. I was jealous of the girls in thier cute outfits especially the cheerleaders wndering the halls. I would look at how they were wearing thier clothes more than looking at them as possible girlfriends.

Envious of the girls all through the school years…..YES!!! I wanted to wear pretty clothes, hosiery, heels, and be a girl. But alas during the 70s there was virtually no information about Transgender or crossdressing. So I stayed in the closet, went into the military out of HS because I had a girlfriend who I got pregnant. I admit that if I could be a girl I would be a Lesbian because I cannot think of being with a man, hairy and all! I hated puberty as I had hair where it shouldn’t be and it made me feel ugly and depressed. But I have two grown wonderful children and grandchildren. Yep I was envious and still am and I still hate the hair where it shouldn’t be. Side note – Metallica comes to mind here – the thing that should not be! Awesome song!  Hair in appropriate places, head and pubic region, finer nearly invisible hair elsewhere 😁.

Danielle💋👠

Definitely, I so wanted to wear the dresses and cute shoes. I loved long hair and to be able to wear makeup everyday!! Oh My!!!

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Hi Roberta,

I grew up in the 70’s and 80’s and all I can say is I was absolutely in love with the outfits I saw.  I had a friend in art class in high school that always rocked the punk look with leather skirts, boots, black eyeliner, etc.  And I always loved how she looked.  Or the gorgeous gowns worn at prom.   Never would have admitted back then but now I too look back and wish I could have been wearing those outfits.  I will say that seeing videos from that time, I am amazed how much I still want to dress that way.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I dont think my realisation that I like all things femme really manifested itself until I was in an all male trade oriented high school, and it was fairly isolated from most other schools, so all that female finery was not “top of mind”.

However as posted in my “when did I start” story, back in the 60’s it was common for all male (and expensive) private schools to cast males in female roles in their school plays. Every time one of these young “lovelies” got there photos in the paper I was green with envy, especially with any of them cast in female period roles, eg. “The Importance of Being Earnest”.

Such was the somewhat authoritarian nature of these places in the “old days”, I’d imagine some boys had to be “dragged” (G..R…O…A..N) into playing these parts, whilst others would have silently loved it!!

By the time my daughters were at an all girls school, their school co produced plays with boys from the same type of all male schools, so it had all died out.

Which leads me to a separate post after I’ve done this one. The “Womanless Pageants” that still are regulars in CDH’s home country, ie the “good ol USA”. Tho from comments I have read it seems more prevalent in the “bible south” than anywhere else.

And these are the states, that from this far away would be the ones most against such practices.

As they say in the “latter day classics”

“Go figure”.

Caty

Oh Caty, your story of school plays brought back a memory from elementary school. I was in a play, I can’t remember what it was, but I had to wear tights with a shirt. I might have played an ogre or sum such but I can say that I remember really liking the tights, thanks Caty.

Danielle💋👠

Ronnie Me
      Lady

I was jealous since day one. Pink has always been my favorite color but wasnt allowed to like it. Homophobic father. Was jealous of my sister and her friends nail polish. In elementary school i always wanted to be a girl so i could wear frilly dresses. Me ddle and high school i was jealous of the jeans, shaved legs, skirts, and makeup. Nowadays I get jealous of girls I see at work. I wish I was half that good at makeup.

Sandy
      Lady

I thought i was the only one. Yes, i was jealous of the girls growing up.

Anonymous

Sandy you’re definitely not the only one as I was a football player and tough guy in school there was a girl that lives down the street that wars dresses skirts and sheer energy suntan pantyhose everyday to school I secretly would pray at night that I could be her and could not understand why I couldn’t wear that to school I wanted to so bad it hurt Jasmine

Becka
      Lady

Sometimes I find myself being envious, but more than that I feel aroused and my senses are very heightened!

That happens because I want to run out and buy the outfit I see somewhere wearing!  It’s funny, I see a woman wearing a dress/skirt, with nice black tights and that drives me crazy!  I want to get home and put my tights on as soon as I can.  What a relief!

Jackie
      Ambassador

I said screw it and became one of the girls. Of course there many derogatory remarks and threats but I sopped caring about it. I was even sent home one day for wearing makeup on picture day.

Kay Smith
      Lady

You hit it right now I felt the same way and was teased never fit in the boy talk. And to see the cheerleaders in there uniforms. I so wanted to be a cheerleader also.

Rami Love
      Lady

I have never been envious of what a girl or woman is wearing. I actually first wrote what another women is wearing which is enlightening. Interesting hmm

I am a product of the 70’s and girls wore pretty much everything. There was one day I will never forget. This girl that sat across from me in History class in high school wore this mini skirt. It was a denim mini skirt. I loved it on her and wish I had one to wear. I have one now that I wear on occasions. I also like the styles today. More than half of my closet is women’s clothes.

love,

Wanda

School was such a sour point for me. I didn’t get along with anyone, I was way too shy.

Dawn Judson
      Ambassador

Yeah, I dress much younger than I am because I didn’t get to when I was that age.

Anonymous

Dawn you are so right it is like we are growing up again but as a girl, I wear things that are too young for me but if they are stylish as well who cares.

karley delaware
      Baroness - Annual

Always. To fit in with the guys at work and their comments about women, I will agree…………but not say my true reasons. LOL.

Always envied the girls at school! And I still envy them to this day. Always used to get jealous when I was sat behind girls in class and they would bend over to get something out of their bag or to pick up something they dropped and I would see there panties or thong poke out the top of their trousers! Wished it was me wearing them :).

Samantha x

[quote quote=147667]Always envied the girls at school! And I still envy them to this day. Always used to get jealous when I was sat behind girls in class and they would bend over to get something out of their bag or to pick up something they dropped and I would see there panties or thong poke out the top of their trousers! Wished it was me wearing them :).

Samantha x

[/quote]
      The one that always got me (and still does!) is when you could see the little bumps and lines from their bra straps. The adjusters, the closure – i love those lines so much, especially when i see them under my own shirts now!

Heck yes!

The early eighties was a great time.

The Levis fit so good and the hair.

There were so many pretty girls in my school.

Patty

I remember when I was about 15,i was in class sat next to a girl who got along with but only to say hi to, anyway one afternoon we were in class and she had on her nails the most beautiful shiny red nail polish I had ever seen, I sat looking at her hands all lesson and I doubt I got any work done that lesson. The image of her nails has stuck with me for 30 years! X

Oh, yes, Roberta! About the 6th grade, there were 2 girls that had been held back a couple of years. They wore makeup and would sit in class and put on lipstick! I was watching them one day and the teacher called on me 3 times before someone finally punched me! I was already into Mom’s makeup, so I learned by watching them.
      Thanks for bring back those memories.xxx

I have had the exact same feelings and experiences as you dear. I have been attracted to the femme side as long as i can remember. My mothers perfume, I remember breaking a few lipsticks while trying it on as a very young boy. I was so envious of the girls for their clothes shoes hair etc, yet at the same time, I was and still am, fairly macho as man. But I adore everything feminine, I love being dressed in my gorgeous sexy femme clothes etc. I love being a girl but don’t think I will ever be one. I don’t think that’s for me. I think I just love being a guy in girls stuff.

Xxx Donna XXXD

not in high school and seeing what the girls wear at college i don’t want to look like 98% of them!

Marianne
      Ambassador

Socially I was in many ways one of the girls in school, participating in their games and actions much more than the boy’s. But sadly I never had the guts to tell them I desperately wanted to be a girl and dress like them. I never dated but the girls I liked were mostly the ones that I saw as models for the girl I wanted to become. Yet I had no idea that it could be possible to actually make such a change happen until much later in life.

Viewing 38 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?