Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Some of the gurls here on CDH said they prefer their own hair to a wig.  A wig is great, you can change your hair color or length or style in a couple of minutes.  It is also easier to hide your CD activity,having your short male hairstyle and a fem wig for your CD time.  I am using the corona 19 as an excuse to let my hair grow out and once it is over getting my hair styled in a way that could go either way.  My only other concern after that is the gray in my hair.  Since I have often been mistaken for a younger person, I would prefer not looking like an old gray haired lady.  Is there a way can partially color my hair , gradually color it so I won’t be noticed at work?

Wondering SANDY

My dream look is country singe Emmylou Harris.

I HAVE gray hair, maybe even more silver than gray. I WANT long gray hair.

Because of the virus I went six weeks before my wife cut my hair. I looked so mangy! I think shoulder length will never happen unless I buy a wig.

Jessica

Terri
      Duchess

Sandy, I have been using my own hair over 20 yrs. I dont miss wearing a wig at all. I havea great hairdresser who cuts and styles my hair in a way I can wear it in both genders.  Find a hairdresser who can do the same and she will tell you how you can color your hair. Once you do it, you will be glad you did.

Yours Terri

I have been getting my hair colored for over 20 years.  Almost no one has said anything.  I started out because it made me feel younger.  Later I grew my hair out.  My grey is mostly along the forehead.  As it started growing out I changed the way I comb my hair.  Instead of a side part, I would put my hair into a pony tail or part it down the middle.  In the pony tail, the grey in front is pulled back and on top of my hair and it looks like I have a lot more grey.

In the last few years I have ditched the pony tail and just wear my hair with a side part.  When I go out en femme I often just add clip-on bangs.  It covers the grey and also covers my male looking forehead.  I will sometimes wear a wig too.  My hair is long, but is thin.

Another reason I color my hair is because grey hair is wiry.  Even with a flat iron, I can’t straighten the grey hair in front.  When it is colored, it coats the hair and feels much softer and more smooth than before.

Although I don’t always stick to the schedule, my plan is to get it fully colored once a year, with a root touch up every three months.  My hair stylist matches my color, but it still looks darker to me because it suddenly goes from grey to dark brown.  But I quickly get used to it and no longer notice.

I would say just go for it.  If people notice, they will not likely say anything.  If someone says anything, you can tell them it makes you feel better about yourself, or that the grey hair is wiry and this makes it lay better or easier to style.  If you don’t make a big deal over it, others won’t either.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Thanks, Alison, for your thoughts.  It’s hard to get used to the idea that most people won’t notice or if they do they won’t care.  I observed this when I started shaving my legs.  In the summer I wear shorts at work.  First I shaved my left leg, since i wear a knee brace on that leg and no one said anything I shaved my right leg.  Soon I shaved my arms and still no one said anything.  I start to wonder how far I can go before I get many comments.

XO  Sandy

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

My hair in my pics has been my own for the last three years. I am not “out” at work so at work I keep it in a high ponytail because otherwise it looks WAYY too feminine for guy mode(the ponytail still reaches below my shoulder blades). I DO wear it down at the store or driving-even if I’m in male mode(or as I call it stealth Cyn mode).

When I started to grow it out, I debated whether to color it but at age 55 I am comfortable with my natural blend of gray, silver and brunette- people pay BIG money to get the look I have naturally so I embrace it! I also have kept all my skin smooth since 2015 and got both ears pierced in 2017 at age 52. No one cares-they either don’t even notice or if they do they don’t say anything unless to compliment the hair or the earrings. Plus with my own hair as long as it is, when I’m in full Cyn mode I can play with different styles-ponytails, buns, french braids, waves, curls, swept over to one side-it’s glorious!
      Cyn

Stephanie Flowers
        Ambassador

I’ve heard that people do pay dearly for grayish hi lights.  I’m naturally brunette but with my age yes those nasty greys do come out but since growing out my hair the browns seems to be showing well and with  that  speckles of grey it looks good. Like you cyn when in drab I must keep it in a ponytail to look in my male mode. If I let it down in certainly has that feminine physique. Even my wife giggles how girly I look when my hair is down . Down passed my shoulders and still going… Cynthia were blessed to have wonderful hair,  I only wished I started this long ago.

Stephanie 👩

I’ve been growing my hair for a few years now and I die it a light arburne color. I use nice and easy hair coloring from a local discount store. My hair is natrully curly and I have even been using a curling iron for more curls when I go out. At work I have it in a ponytail.

Hi Sandy great subject ive never colored my hair but have thought about it many times. I pierced both my ears back in my teen years also let my hair down to speak . I let it grow to be in with hippy stage and never quit growing mine is down middle of my back where I like it and with my ears pierced I kinda feel girly all of the time. My wife keeps it cut and neet and people I work with really don’t say much as at this point in my life I really don’t care what they say about it anyhow thanks girlfriend .

Stephanie Bass

Peta Mari
      Lady

My wife took a picture of me shortly b4 my 50th. My hair was a mix of gray, white and brown. My goatee colonel sanders white.

And so I bought a Golden Brown hair dye, shaved my beard and have dyed it since.  My wife often does it for me. I have experimented with some different colors. We made a mistake and at one time the hair turned a distinctive voilet color in certain angles of the sun.

Funny thing is, Macdonalds stopped giving me a free seniors coffee. I did grow the beard back 14 months after the initial shave, and let the hair el natural- and Maccas gave me a free coffee once again..

So. Yes I dye. I’m in need of a haircut. My hairdresser cuts it long. And my wife suggested I get her to color it, as the saloon dye doesn’t dry out the hair like the supermarket ones do.

I have 2 piercings in both my ears. Sometimes I will wear a ring, or both ears in boy mode.

I don’t have a wig. Bit expensive for our budget. But my mum had a two wigs as kids, and we used to wear them all the time.

Wendy Me
      Lady

I use to go to a salon of a company that makes hair products,  my hair was quiet long but with some grey. I would go every other month and it was free, yup I was a test subject for new formulas which was fine until my scalp broke out with blisters. I went back and they examined me, took pictures and very politely  said I can’t come back because my skin can’t handle the chemicals anymore. It was fun while it lasted but having to wear socks taped to my wrist to stop me from scratching after going to bed was not.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?