- Under teen years
- Teen years (13-19)
- Early adulthood (20-29)
- Middle adulthood (30-64)
- Late adulthood (65+)
Tagged: cross dress
- January 10, 2022 at 11:56 am #606226Emily ButtersParticipantRegistered On: January 9, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 5Has thanked: 14 timesBeen thanked: 54 times
Keen to know when you girls decided to wear a full outfit, either around the house or out.
- January 16, 2022 at 11:48 am #612547Carla CumminsDuchessRegistered On: December 12, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 22Has thanked: 107 timesBeen thanked: 119 times
I started in my late teens with bras that I got from verist places. Then in my fifties started collecting panties and slips and a few dresses. To this day I shop for bras every day as they are to most important to me to be fem. Just recently I have bought a couple dresses and pantyhose and thigh high tights.
- January 16, 2022 at 8:19 am #612487
- January 16, 2022 at 7:04 am #612471Julianne MitchellDuchessRegistered On: February 7, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 20Has thanked: 19 timesBeen thanked: 71 times
My first time fully dressing was 5 or six mom and dad were out for the evening and I dressed up in a pair of her nylons and a green dress fell asleep on the bed till they came home she took a picture that I hope to find someday . don’t remember much next few years a little traumatic in my house but around 11or12 found a dress in an old wardrobe and started wearing it every time I could our laundry room was in the basement and my mother wasn’t very good about folding or putting away the close so I had really good access to her underthings until I was a teen then started barrowing girlfriends things . have never stopped loving my female side . have never had the opportunity to go completely full out with makeup and toes and finger nails painted but wish I could just maybe once to see what it felt like with a total transformation.
- January 13, 2022 at 1:32 pm #611382
- January 13, 2022 at 6:28 am #611209Jin CrockerLadyRegistered On: November 15, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 453Has thanked: 30 timesBeen thanked: 1446 times
I have been wearing girl things forever. I was raised in an all female household. We were too poor to have clothes that only one person could wear. So I was always in my older sister’s things, at home and in town.
- January 16, 2022 at 11:12 am #612538Michelle DohertyLadyRegistered On: January 1, 2022Topics: 9Replies: 160Has thanked: 37 timesBeen thanked: 538 times
I was the same, but then everybody was poor in those days. Most never carried on wearing fem clothes though. Even when i got boy clothes, I still loved my sisters dressing me up and even did it myself when nobody was around.
- January 12, 2022 at 3:02 pm #611026Carla RobertsDuchessRegistered On: July 28, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 35Has thanked: 91 timesBeen thanked: 192 times
I was spending a summer with a Mom and her two older teen girls, and once I revealed interest they took to dressing me up frequently, making me the little sister they did not have. It was the one of the best summers of my childhood, to say the least. Once I was home, my opportunities were very limited, and I did not have the chance to guess fully, until I was a young adult in college and later when living alone.
- January 12, 2022 at 6:30 am #610072Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 313Has thanked: 7622 timesBeen thanked: 1399 times
I just started buying skirts, dresses, and leggings a few years ago. That lead to shoes, and of course lingerie. I just suddenly wanted to wear women’s clothes and feel feminine in my late 50’s.
A few years later I can’t seem to stop thinking about the next time I can dress, or what new outfits would look good on me.
- This reply was modified 4 days ago by Lara Tucker.
- January 16, 2022 at 11:16 am #612539LadyRegistered On: January 1, 2022Topics: 9Replies: 160Has thanked: 37 timesBeen thanked: 538 times
Most start with lingerie and then progress from there.
Your fem psyche must be very strong.
I am late 50s too, what age group do you dress like.
- January 16, 2022 at 11:22 am #612541Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 313Has thanked: 7622 timesBeen thanked: 1399 times
Probably 20 – 30 something.
I always was different everywhere I was!
- This reply was modified 2 hours ago by Lara Tucker. Reason: Emoji
- January 16, 2022 at 11:36 am #612544LadyRegistered On: January 1, 2022Topics: 9Replies: 160Has thanked: 37 timesBeen thanked: 538 times
I would love to dress 20-30, they have much more choice and are skimpier, but no amount of make-up, would let me pull it off.
I dress 35-50. I love the elegance, style and accessories.
- January 16, 2022 at 11:57 am #612548Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 313Has thanked: 7622 timesBeen thanked: 1399 times
I can’t pull it off at all. So far I have only played a tiny bit with makeup. With disastrous results. My dressing is an at home alone kind of thing. If I could look good enough to go out, I would change the style to something much more conservative so as not to attract attention.
For now it’s just too fun not to wear minis, and tight leggings, and walk around in stiletto heels!
- This reply was modified 1 hour ago by Lara Tucker. Reason: Emoji
- January 16, 2022 at 12:36 pm #612552
- January 16, 2022 at 12:39 pm #612553
- January 16, 2022 at 12:52 pm #612558LadyRegistered On: January 1, 2022Topics: 9Replies: 160Has thanked: 37 timesBeen thanked: 538 times
I bought a gorgeous pink and white sweater, that I can wear like a mini dress, with black tights .
- January 12, 2022 at 2:46 pm #611003Grace DarlingLadyRegistered On: January 12, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 16Has thanked: 23 timesBeen thanked: 63 times
Thanks, Lara. Have dressed or thought about it since I was about 8. I feel more and more feminine too, at round about the same age as you. I want to transition fully.
- January 12, 2022 at 3:34 am #610012Lacy SatinLadyRegistered On: June 27, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 275Has thanked: 222 timesBeen thanked: 1354 times
I started wearing lingerie at a very young age. It wasn’t until I got married that I started to fully dress in my wifes dresses. I found the more I totally feminized myself the more I was enjoying it.
- January 12, 2022 at 6:53 am #610079
- January 12, 2022 at 1:36 am #609982MartiDuchessRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 53Replies: 841Has thanked: 4129 timesBeen thanked: 4000 times
The oldest category for me. Late to the party as usual. Until recently it was bits and pieces and androgynous clothes, which is still the case for outdoors.
For indoors, I’ve started to assemble something approaching a wardrobe. I’m not quite sure what a ‘full outfit implies, but I’m getting there I hope.
- January 11, 2022 at 11:49 pm #609959Jess SecretLadyRegistered On: February 18, 2021Topics: 11Replies: 280Has thanked: 808 timesBeen thanked: 1271 times
- January 11, 2022 at 11:37 pm #609954Michelle BaileyLadyRegistered On: July 17, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 171Has thanked: 7791 timesBeen thanked: 776 times
I ticked 30-64 it wasn’t to to when I was in my thirty’s that I went out a bought all forms of female clothing not just lingerie ,bought a wig ,bought make up , I could fully dress (in private ) and of course love every minute of it ,wish it could be 24/7 .Like most girls it all started wearing mum’s undies when the chance arose and also collecting items she had finished with and hiding them in my cupboard ,one item I never wore were her bras ,didn’t interest me now the bra is the most important item of my undies ,I have over 30 bras of various colours and styles ,I now underdress all the time but as my wife and I are retired get very little chance to fully dress , I am still a secret dresser ,one day things may change .
- January 12, 2022 at 2:47 pm #611004
- January 11, 2022 at 9:12 pm #609927
- January 11, 2022 at 8:04 pm #609916ChloeCDuchessRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 463Has thanked: 1581 timesBeen thanked: 2236 times
I’ve mentioned this before, as around age 4 or 5 (I’m fairly certain it was the summer of either of the years back then) I asked my mother to make me a full body dress which she did and I wore it for an afternoon outside until it tore, or whatever, as she made it out of kraft paper. I vaguely remember another moment perhaps 3 or 4 years later where I tried to dress a little. My first experience actually trying on a dress – besides undergarments – was around 15, sort of a brown polka dot party dress (full skirted) circa late 50’s, early 60’s.
- January 11, 2022 at 7:09 pm #609874Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 1592Has thanked: 4637 timesBeen thanked: 5051 times
Like so many others I started young, went in and out of dressing up, but I think I was around 40 (25+ years ago) when I started adding outer clothes to the lingerie I wore. Though it wouldn’t be till I was nearly 65 that I finally did what I’d wanted to for years, to go out completely en femme.
- January 11, 2022 at 4:02 pm #606874Davina RyanLadyRegistered On: January 11, 2022Topics: 3Replies: 25Has thanked: 39 timesBeen thanked: 119 times
I was on my way to school – a normal teenage boy without a care in the world. I then ran into bullies who would often taunt me about my weight. They explained to me what was missing from my uniform and made it clear that saying “no” wasn’t an option. I walked through the school gates a few minutes later in a state of shock at what I was now having to wear. For the next four years, I’ll bet I was the only schoolboy in Britain whose school uniform included a firm control panty girdle.
- January 11, 2022 at 1:23 pm #606637Jamie LeathersLadyRegistered On: November 27, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 3Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 17 times
I tried girls underwear and bras through my teen years. In my early 20’s my wife accepted and I wore lingerie around her and while having sex.
After divorce I started to acquire female clothing and would fully dress and walk the neighberhood at night, sometimes teasing passing pickup truck drivers with a lifted skirt.
It’s been many years and how I have a very large wardrobe with dresses, skirts, tops, coats, wigs, oodles of bras and more. I pride myself in preparing myself to portrait a feminine self, both appearance wise and mannerisms. I take anywhere from 2 to 3 hours to prepare with breast forms, pads and makeup. I love going shopping and browsing all things feminine. The only problem is that just gives me the urge to buy more. Now I know why girls have so many clothes. There is so much feminine, sexy stuff to choose from.
I would never go through a sex change because I love women not men. But I love portaiting a women and feminine and as sexy as can be.
Remember girls, attitude and study real girls. And wear perfume.
- January 11, 2022 at 11:19 am #606607Michelle DanielsLadyRegistered On: January 11, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 12Has thanked: 36 timesBeen thanked: 52 times
My first time was wearing my mothers lingerie. It was also the year that I found out that I was not as well endowed as all the other boys my own age. Her stockings garter belts and bras made me feel so happy. She never knew but as I got older I would buy things to wear around the house. I still love to wear my lingerie whenever I get a chance to.
- January 11, 2022 at 11:02 am #606596Requal JoanneLadyRegistered On: December 15, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 352Has thanked: 334 timesBeen thanked: 1233 times
- January 11, 2022 at 9:07 am #606563Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 19Replies: 834Has thanked: 4633 timesBeen thanked: 4390 times
I’ve been dressing with lingerie since forever but was deep in the closet with no opportunity to dress fully until about middle age when I got my first skirt and blouse. Heels were my last item to complete the total package and that wasn’t until I could order my size online.
- January 11, 2022 at 6:02 am #606500Kelli MarloweLadyRegistered On: August 4, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 138Has thanked: 1689 timesBeen thanked: 800 times
- January 11, 2022 at 4:56 am #606477Raquel SmithLadyRegistered On: August 26, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 561Has thanked: 1709 timesBeen thanked: 1809 times
- January 11, 2022 at 3:39 am #606466Carolyn KayBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 20Replies: 313Has thanked: 1460 timesBeen thanked: 1637 times
I have an older sister, a younger sister, and a mother who loved dresses. So I loved when I had the house alone. I can remember getting fully dressed and standing in front of the mirror looking at the girl looking back at me. That was a long time ago and I didn’t understand what was going on, a lot of confusion.
- January 10, 2022 at 4:32 pm #606390Lisa ReneeLadyRegistered On: January 7, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 2Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 14 times
Started dressing as a girl at 5 in the privacy of my room. I would borrow a yellow chiffon party dress, white tights, and black Mary Jane shoes from my sisters closet. I would pretend I was a girl. At age 10 I begged my mother to allow me to go to a Halloween party as a girl. Between my pleading and crying I convinced her to buy me my own clothes for my costume. It was complete with panties, training bra, slip, panty hose, red dress with white polka-dots, blonde wig, and full make-up. I was such a pretty girl and received many compliments from my friends and their mothers. I was allowed to keep my new clothes in my room and dressed often. Once I had outgrown them a couple of years later I began to wear my sisters and mother’s things. In cub scouts I always volunteered to play the girls parts in our skits and plays which required my mom to buy me some additional dresses, skirts, etc to complete my character. I loved performing and being seen as a girl. By the time I was in high school and had a drivers license I started buying my own clothes and going out in public by driving around and window shopping. I guess I was about 15 by then. I have always loved dressing as a girl and being out in public.
- January 10, 2022 at 7:07 pm #606407Peggy Sue WilliamsDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: June 26, 2019Topics: 19Replies: 334Has thanked: 1262 timesBeen thanked: 1595 times
Although it has been many years, I can recall in the Cub Scouts, a significant number of boys who took great pleasure, self included, in playing the female parts in various skits and plays. It was always the same group of boys who would volunteer to play the female parts, and would readily volunteer to dress up for any event, just for another chance to wear female clothing.
Fortunately, in my case, I did not have to depend only on the Cub Scouts for a chance to cross dress.
My point? I think many, if not all, of these boys were already dedicated cross dressers, for life.
- January 10, 2022 at 2:37 pm #606322LadyRegistered On: January 1, 2022Topics: 9Replies: 160Has thanked: 37 timesBeen thanked: 538 times
I had 3 older sisters and no brothers. As money was tight in those days, I had to wear their hand me downs, including underwear, as well as wearing nighties, dresses and skirts when at home. Boy clothes were only to be used when outside or when non family members were in the house. My sisters at various ages, also got the dressing up bug, so right up to my early teens I was being dressed up by one or all 3 of them. Little do they know, that I loved every second of it and was still wearing their clothes, even when I now had boy clothes of my own. I think I enjoyed my oldest sister’s first bra, more than she did.
As I grew older my sisters moved out and that was the end of my dressing, apart from putting on my ex-partner’s clothes every now and then, when she wasn’t about of course.
Now I am single, my dressing urges have gone through the roof and with each passing day, I have come to realise that its not just dressing as a woman is not enough. I want to be a woman in every way that I possibly can (without surgery) and live my life as I choose to and not how I am supposed to.
- January 12, 2022 at 2:51 pm #611007Grace DarlingLadyRegistered On: January 12, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 16Has thanked: 23 timesBeen thanked: 63 times
I agree that being single makes your desire for femininity go through the roof! I’ve spent a lot of time on my own in the last few years and the mixture has probably been bubbling away…until it finally exploded!
1 user thanked author for this post.
- January 10, 2022 at 1:14 pm #606273Duchess - AnnualRegistered On: June 26, 2019Topics: 19Replies: 334Has thanked: 1262 timesBeen thanked: 1595 times
By age five, I had my own female wardrobe and was going out in public on a regular basis, generally weekends, holidays, and during the summer. I was living a dual life, since I attended school as a boy and had male friends. However, it was female relatives and two special girls close to my age who “coached” me in the ways of being a female.
I would always volunteer to play a girl’s part, if we were putting on a school production of some sort, which was viewed as being talented or funny.
Space does not allow for my detailed story, but suffice to say the urge to express my female self was present from a very early tender age, and I was very blessed to have available some very willing and able women to “teach” me the skills of how to be an effective female.
- January 11, 2022 at 1:49 am #606452LadyRegistered On: January 1, 2022Topics: 9Replies: 160Has thanked: 37 timesBeen thanked: 538 times
Hi Peggy Sue
You were very lucky to have people to support and guide you through the early years. I know that since joining CDH just over a week ago, my femme confidence has soared and my determination to be a woman is getting stronger by the day. To have that help and support from an early age must have been amazing and I applaud all those involved.
I would love to hear your story, especially more about the skills of how to be an effective female and how you coped mentally during those young days.
- January 10, 2022 at 12:43 pm #606260Bright EkeLadyRegistered On: January 10, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 7Has thanked: 12 timesBeen thanked: 39 times
- January 10, 2022 at 12:08 pm #606231Abbie NormalDuchessRegistered On: June 13, 2021Topics: 13Replies: 661Has thanked: 1347 timesBeen thanked: 2756 times
I definitely started full clothes and makeup in my pre-teen years but then dropped most of it by 15 or 16 until a short stint at the end of my 20’s and finally starting again last year (52 now). Underdressing since my early 20’s has been constant though.
The first two periods were strictly around the house and by myself. The last one has included a few walks and drives and around my wife at home. If this pandemic ever lets up I hope to get out to an event of some kind where I can dress in relative safety.
— Abbie 🥰
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.