- January 30, 2021 at 9:43 pm #440729Carrie MaeParticipantRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 1Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 24 times
Date night… going out with friends… staying home… getting dressed… applying makeup… changing your outfit.. again… what music is helping you get in the mood? Hopefully it makes you feel fabulous!!
- June 8, 2022 at 9:30 am #650913Lauren MugnaiaDuchessRegistered On: November 1, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 248Has thanked: 2421 timesBeen thanked: 1238 times
I guess I’m just a very sensitive and emotional girl, and I love the piano! There is a pianist from LA named Brian Crain who plays very sensitive and emotional music, I love it, it makes me dance, sing, cry, laugh and feel, oh, so feminine! Another composer of amazing music that I love is someone you all know of because he’s written the music for so many of the top movies, Hans Zimmer, his music always moves and pulls at my heart strings!
Love you girls,
- June 7, 2022 at 8:08 pm #650826Debbie BurnsLadyRegistered On: February 19, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 58Has thanked: 126 timesBeen thanked: 160 times
I love listening to the 50s I think it is musics heyday and been going downhill. Just my preference and opinion.there may have been some good after but it doesn’t interest me.
- February 26, 2021 at 3:17 pm #454387
- February 19, 2021 at 12:35 pm #450760Patti JamesLadyRegistered On: January 5, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 61Has thanked: 590 timesBeen thanked: 230 times
I pretty much like all music and will listen to country, rock, jazz and blues according to my mood. Having been a teenager in the 80s my go to will always be 80s hair band rock and lovin me some 80s pop. My world stops for the likes of Howard Jones, Adam Ant, Culture Club and Madonna.
- February 19, 2021 at 11:42 am #450736Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 39Replies: 1545Has thanked: 5095 timesBeen thanked: 7586 times
- February 19, 2021 at 11:59 am #450743
- February 19, 2021 at 9:46 am #450676Debbie LynnLadyRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 145Has thanked: 936 timesBeen thanked: 803 times
Wonderful question! Eva Cassidy. Beautiful voice that was lost to cancer when she was just 33 yo. ‘Nightbird’ album captures some of her live performances. Give a listen to her version of Chain of Fools!
- February 19, 2021 at 9:39 am #450673AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Good ol 80’s hair band music all the time! Especially the one that speaks to my inner girl who has been hidden for so long with the lyrics:
“now it all seems funny, kinda like a dream,
things ain’t always what they seem”
(LAGuns, Ballad of Jayne)
- February 17, 2021 at 7:01 pm #449778
- February 17, 2021 at 6:47 pm #449767Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 49Replies: 1375Has thanked: 19862 timesBeen thanked: 5676 times
What’s going around in my head at this minute is “I Touch Myself” by The Divinyls. The ring tone on my personal phone is Du Hast by Rammstein. If I’m trying to work, it’ll be Bach or Mozart or Wagner, or one of the Italians. The ring tone on my work phone is Immigrant Song by Zeppelin. My play lists run from country to heavy metal to pop to R&B, new German Hard, opera, big band jazz (Goodman, the Count, Miller etc), even a little hip hop. Ask about what mod I’m in now. Just now in on the mod for some Aussie stuff. Tomorrow it could be Southern Rock, like 38 Special or Lynyrd Skynyrd, or maybe Fleetwood Mac and Journey. I dunno.
- February 17, 2021 at 6:54 pm #449772Robyn DeVyneLadyRegistered On: October 24, 2020Topics: 20Replies: 617Has thanked: 1943 timesBeen thanked: 2747 times
DAMN!! I love your style!
I remember that Divinyls song…caused quite a controversy at the time. Love Du Hast…I’ve almost got the bass line at 100%.
Zep, 38 special, Skynyrd, etc.
YOU ROCK Bridgette!! 🤘😝🎸
xo Robyn ❤️
- February 17, 2021 at 6:17 pm #449751AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
ABBA – Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)
- February 8, 2021 at 11:31 pm #445141Stevie SteinerManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 80Replies: 1928Has thanked: 8515 timesBeen thanked: 9805 times
Though my default setting would be 70’s and 80’s rock, I love me some smooth Jazz and da blues too. Nothing nicer than sipping wine or martinis with a friend or two in a nice jazz bar.
Right now just listening to Roger Waters – Gunners Dream. How touching and sad. If you want your heartstrings pulled, listen to this song. What a stirring voice…
3 users thanked author for this post.
- February 8, 2021 at 9:48 pm #445132LadyRegistered On: October 24, 2020Topics: 20Replies: 617Has thanked: 1943 timesBeen thanked: 2747 times
I gotta have my 80’s Rock.
Im a Rocker Chick so AC/DC, ZZ Top – Legs of course, KISS, Def Leppard, Motley Crue – Girls Girls Girls
I have 80s and 90s pop too
I have no clue on current stuff…like Perry, Gaga, etc. I need someone who can give me some good stuff to start groovin too. Need to expand my tastes…especially for the Gay bars or when we can dance again…its all current and Im clueless.
- February 8, 2021 at 7:20 pm #445105
- February 6, 2021 at 12:04 am #443683AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- February 5, 2021 at 1:59 pm #443347SharonLadyRegistered On: July 27, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 125Has thanked: 883 timesBeen thanked: 650 times
Popped out in the car this afternoon, and on came:
She was never a he – Boy George from the U Can Never Be 2 Straight album
…She was never he for as long as I remember
She was never of her gender categorically
She was never he though though this world could be so cruel
You would have to be a fool not to seeAnd the government says you no longer exist
It’s a kick in the eye, it’s the final twist
Of the surgeons knife
Welcome to my glamorous life
- February 4, 2021 at 2:02 pm #442977AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I’m listening to Solid Gold Oldies on “Music Choice” in South Carolina USA. I also like the Big Band Music of the 40’s.
- February 4, 2021 at 1:22 pm #442949AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Its starts with Spanish Stroll by Mink Deville, Moving on to Substitute by Clout ( seventies single the B side is the original version of “I will Survive”). Finally I am what I am from La Cage Au Folle the musical.
Good question Carrie.
- February 4, 2021 at 12:10 pm #442919AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
**Right now : John Secada Just another day without you!
My selections otherwise vary tremendously on my mood, or if I want to cultivate a mood for myself…
- February 4, 2021 at 11:38 am #442911KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 10Replies: 735Has thanked: 3358 timesBeen thanked: 3624 times
Hi Carrie Mae, It depends on the type of mood I want to get into. I have a very broad range of musical tastes crossing multi-genres. I have set up twenty playlists on Spotify that help set a certain mood. Ranges from Sinatra to Showtunes to Classical to Hippie Days to Romance to Blues to Ballads to Symphony Rock to Español, and more…. Being retired, I have music on a lot during the day. I probably go through at least three or four playlists. And then Spotify tries to guess what I’d like to hear so it is always recommending stuff. But you’ve given me a good idea for a new playlist, en femme. Thanks for that. Stay healthy, stay safe, Hugs, Krista.
- February 4, 2021 at 11:30 am #442903AoifeLadyRegistered On: October 11, 2018Topics: 79Replies: 342Has thanked: 924 timesBeen thanked: 1330 times
Funny, I’ve actually gotten more into my femme name recently since I finally checked out Aoife Nessa Frances. Really great musician from Dublin! That and Stereolab mostly.
- February 4, 2021 at 11:05 am #442895Katey DoeLadyRegistered On: February 3, 2021Topics: 37Replies: 652Has thanked: 1598 timesBeen thanked: 1953 times
- February 4, 2021 at 1:29 pm #442952Padgette ParkerDuchessRegistered On: December 12, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 31Has thanked: 83 timesBeen thanked: 95 times
- February 4, 2021 at 9:21 am #442855SharonLadyRegistered On: July 27, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 125Has thanked: 883 timesBeen thanked: 650 times
Grace Petrie – Black Tie from her album Queer as Folk
…And you never will surrenderTo a narrow view of genderAnd I swear there’ll come a dayWhen you won’t worry what they say
- February 4, 2021 at 8:32 am #442834Robyn DrakeManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: March 19, 2019Topics: 55Replies: 734Has thanked: 1221 timesBeen thanked: 2237 times
Grammatik, Wu Tang Clan, Beck, The Black Keys, The Black Angels, Amy Winehouse, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Adelle….
- February 4, 2021 at 8:19 am #442825Stevie65LadyRegistered On: September 6, 2019Topics: 27Replies: 194Has thanked: 459 timesBeen thanked: 834 times
- February 3, 2021 at 4:41 pm #442569Mindy MillsLadyRegistered On: January 8, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 62Has thanked: 116 timesBeen thanked: 387 times
- January 31, 2021 at 8:26 am #440927Stevie SteinerManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 80Replies: 1928Has thanked: 8515 timesBeen thanked: 9805 times
Leaving behind the heavy stuff, I’m listening to Stevies’ ( of course😉 ) coke induced Gold Dust Woman, Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves, and Shania Twains’ Feel Like a Woman…. gets my itty bitty hips moving, 😁.
- February 4, 2021 at 1:31 pm #442953
- January 31, 2021 at 7:36 am #440911Bianca EverdeneLadyRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 30Replies: 948Has thanked: 4136 timesBeen thanked: 4081 times
Pure female pop music🤣🤣🤣bubblegum for the ears, songs to get you swinging those hips. Think Dua Lipa, early Taylor Swift, Mabel, Ella Henderson, Katie Perry, even Ariana Grande as well as dance music, Jax Jones, Sigala, Calvin Harris etc. Before I know it I’m dancing in my heels lost in music!!! Love it, gets me in my Bianca zone.
Totally alien to my rock music male self.
- February 3, 2021 at 4:49 pm #442575
- January 31, 2021 at 6:39 am #440891
- January 31, 2021 at 6:35 am #440890
- January 31, 2021 at 5:51 am #440867Cynthia HughesLadyRegistered On: March 12, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 162Has thanked: 229 timesBeen thanked: 542 times
I just throw on Youtube and start with a song and see where the rabbit hole takes me. I could start with Disturbed and end up at Mumford and Sons.
- January 31, 2021 at 5:40 am #440861
- January 31, 2021 at 4:28 am #440825Candace BaciLadyRegistered On: October 19, 2020Topics: 66Replies: 153Has thanked: 582 timesBeen thanked: 1128 times
- January 31, 2021 at 5:52 am #440868
- January 30, 2021 at 10:09 pm #440733DeniseRegistered On: January 27, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 130Has thanked: 545 timesBeen thanked: 435 times
Great topic! I have a playlist just for girl time! Much different than my rock classics list. When the heels go on, the music amps up! Lizzo, Beyonce, JLo, Meghan Trainor, Haim, Cardi B. Then the girl classics kick in!!
- February 19, 2021 at 12:40 pm #450762AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Sorry you’re not well honey…
huggs, grace x
- February 6, 2021 at 3:29 pm #444038
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.