Viewing 33 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Date night… going out with friends… staying home… getting dressed… applying makeup… changing your outfit.. again… what music is helping you get in the mood?  Hopefully it makes you feel fabulous!!

Great topic! I have a playlist just for girl time! Much different than my rock classics list. When the heels go on, the music amps up! Lizzo, Beyonce, JLo, Meghan Trainor, Haim, Cardi B. Then the girl classics kick in!!

Latin music.. there is something about it that makes me feel like I am the sexiest woman alive!!!

Muy Calinte!!

Candace

What a great choice! Yes, makes you want to move those hips.  So much flavor of sexiness in Latin music.

Trisha
      Duchess

80s on I heart

Trisha.

I just throw on Youtube and start with a song and see where the rabbit hole takes me. I could start with Disturbed and end up at Mumford and Sons.

Cynthia

Anonymous

Fleetwood Mac Rumors

And a little AC/DC doesn’t hurt either.

Jessica

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Three songs off the top of my head that put me in the mood is Highway To Hell, Must Have Got Lost and Crazy.

Pure female pop music🤣🤣🤣bubblegum for the ears, songs to get you swinging those hips. Think Dua Lipa, early Taylor Swift, Mabel, Ella Henderson, Katie Perry, even Ariana Grande as well as dance music, Jax Jones, Sigala, Calvin Harris etc. Before I know it I’m dancing in my heels lost in music!!! Love it, gets me in my Bianca zone.

Totally alien to my rock music male self.

❤️Bianca

Bianca,

Your answer sounds like my (Denise) playlist! Much different than my drab songfest.

Hugs,

Denise

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Leaving behind the heavy stuff, I’m listening to Stevies’ ( of course😉 ) coke induced Gold Dust Woman, Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves, and Shania Twains’ Feel Like a Woman…. gets my itty bitty hips moving,  😁.

Stevie

Walking on Sunshine is one of the best Good choice

I listen to talk radio in the car. About the only time I listen to music is when I go to bed. I set 80’s pop to play for 60 minutes on my phones pandora app.

Stevie65
      Lady

i listen to the LennonRockers. Love that style of music. I even day dream about wearing dresses like that. Even dancing!!!!

Stevie

Grammatik, Wu Tang Clan, Beck, The Black Keys, The Black Angels, Amy Winehouse, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Adelle….

Siobhan
      Lady

Grace Petrie – Black Tie from her album Queer as Folk

And you never will surrender
      To a narrow view of gender
      And I swear there’ll come a day
      When you won’t worry what they say
      Katey Doe
      Lady

80’s and new wave always gets me going.

First Wave on Sirius Radio Great eighties hits

Katey Doe
          Lady

Yes!! I especially love listening to 1st wave on Saturday nights. ❤️

Beuhler does a great job with the dance mix

Richard Blade does a great job in the afternoon

Katey Doe
            Lady

Love the Saturday night safety dance

Aoife
      Lady

Funny, I’ve actually gotten more into my femme name recently since I finally checked out Aoife Nessa Frances. Really great musician from Dublin! That and Stereolab mostly.

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Carrie Mae, It depends on the type of mood I want to get into.  I have a very broad range of musical tastes crossing multi-genres.  I have set up twenty playlists on Spotify that help set a certain mood.  Ranges from Sinatra to Showtunes to Classical to Hippie Days to Romance to Blues to Ballads to Symphony Rock to Español, and more….  Being retired, I have music on a lot during the day.  I probably go through at least three or four playlists.  And then Spotify tries to guess what I’d like to hear so it is always recommending stuff.  But you’ve given me a good idea for a new playlist, en femme.  Thanks for that.  Stay healthy, stay safe, Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

**Right now : John Secada Just another day without you!

My selections otherwise vary tremendously on my mood, or if I want to cultivate a mood for myself…

Thanks! 🙂

Anonymous

Its starts with Spanish Stroll by Mink Deville, Moving on to  Substitute by Clout ( seventies single the B side is the original version of “I will Survive”). Finally I am what I am from La Cage Au Folle the musical.

Good question Carrie.

Best Wishes

Sarah

Anonymous

I’m listening to Solid Gold Oldies on “Music Choice” in South Carolina USA. I also like the Big Band Music of the 40’s.

Siobhan
      Lady

Popped out in the car this afternoon, and on came:

She was never a he –  Boy George from the U Can Never Be 2 Straight album

She was never he for as long as I remember
      She was never of her gender categorically
      She was never he though though this world could be so cruel
      You would have to be a fool not to see
      And the government says you no longer exist
      It’s a kick in the eye, it’s the final twist
      Of the surgeons knife
      Welcome to my glamorous life

Anonymous

Love electronic stuff. I’ll go thru YouTube and find recorded live sets and just dance in my living room. Love the clothing and style of the GGs at festivals too, One day maybe I’ll be able to join them 😊

Anything Motown!

I gotta have my 80’s Rock.

Im a Rocker Chick so AC/DC, ZZ Top – Legs of course, KISS, Def Leppard, Motley Crue – Girls Girls Girls

I have 80s and 90s pop too

I have no clue on current stuff…like Perry, Gaga, etc.  I need someone who can give me some good stuff to start groovin too.  Need to expand my tastes…especially for the Gay bars or when we can dance again…its all current and Im clueless.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Though my default setting would be 70’s and 80’s rock, I love me some smooth Jazz and da blues too.  Nothing nicer than sipping wine or martinis with a friend or two in a nice jazz bar.

Right now just listening to Roger Waters –  Gunners Dream.  How touching and sad.  If you want your heartstrings pulled, listen to this song.  What a stirring voice…

Stevie

Anonymous

ABBA – Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)

ABBA – Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight) – YouTube

What’s going around in my head at this minute is “I Touch Myself” by The Divinyls. The ring tone on my personal phone is Du Hast by Rammstein. If I’m trying to work, it’ll be Bach or Mozart or Wagner, or one of the Italians. The ring tone on my work phone is Immigrant Song by Zeppelin. My play lists run from country to heavy metal to pop to R&B, new German Hard, opera, big band jazz (Goodman, the Count, Miller etc), even a little hip hop. Ask about what mod I’m in now. Just now in on the mod for some Aussie stuff. Tomorrow it could be Southern Rock, like 38 Special or Lynyrd  Skynyrd, or maybe Fleetwood Mac and Journey. I dunno.

Bridgette

Bridgette

DAMN!! I love your style!

I remember that Divinyls song…caused quite a controversy at the time.  Love Du Hast…I’ve almost got the bass line at 100%.

Zep, 38 special, Skynyrd, etc.

YOU ROCK Bridgette!!  🤘😝🎸

xo Robyn ❤️

Here’s one thats an 80’s flashback – Scandal with Patty Smyth

I AM the WARRIOR

Anonymous

Good ol 80’s hair band music all the time! Especially the one that speaks to my inner girl who has been hidden for so long with the lyrics:

“now it all seems funny, kinda like a dream,

things ain’t always what they seem”

(LAGuns, Ballad of Jayne)

Wonderful question! Eva Cassidy. Beautiful voice that was lost to cancer when she was just 33 yo. ‘Nightbird’ album captures some of her live performances. Give a listen to her version of Chain of Fools!

Right now, a whole bunch of 70s-80s disco music.

Classics like “I’m coming out” by Diana Ross.

https://youtu.be/f5C-RkAFvk4

Laura’s earworm of the day – you’re welcome 😊

YES!!

Gotta have that one!! Its perfect!

I pretty much like all music and will listen to country, rock, jazz and blues according to my mood. Having been a teenager in the 80s my go to will always be 80s hair band rock and lovin me some 80s pop. My world stops for the likes of Howard Jones, Adam Ant, Culture Club and Madonna.

Patti 🥰

Anonymous

I love listening to the 50s I think it is musics heyday and been going downhill. Just my preference and opinion.there may have been some good after but it doesn’t interest me.

I guess I’m just a very sensitive and emotional girl, and I love the piano! There is a pianist from LA named Brian Crain who plays very sensitive and emotional music, I love it, it makes me dance, sing, cry, laugh and feel, oh, so feminine! Another composer of amazing music that I love is someone you all know of because he’s written the music for so many of the top movies, Hans Zimmer, his music always moves and pulls at my heart strings!

Love you girls,

Lauren M

Taylor is awesome! My HE would never listen to it either. But, then again, he doesn’t like much of what I listen to!

Denise

Anonymous

Sorry you’re not well honey…

huggs, grace x

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?