• Creator
    Topic
    Clarissa Cross
    Participant
    Registered On: July 17, 2021
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 139

I woke up tonight and came to think: what if I ended up in a nursing home because I needed help with a lot of things, what then about my crossdressing which is a very big part of my life. Could I continue or would I have to give it up? Should I just jump right now and come out eventually going fulltime, this would cause a lot of alterations in my social life I think.

What are your plans if it happens to you?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador
      Registered On: June 11, 2020
      Topics: 85
      Replies: 1982

I can honestly say I haven’t given it too much thought.  I just cannot picture myself in one.  I always figured I’d do the European thing and work till i die one day, lol.  The boredom of a  retirement home would kill me.

Having said that, if i were to, I would be well past the point of caring what others thought of my attire.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Lisa Leigh
      Lady
      Registered On: April 20, 2022
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 204

First let me say I’m not full time, still in the closet, DADT relationship. Now, I just went thru a week in the Hospital and 2 weeks in rehab for my broken Femur. Trust me, dressing was the last thing I was worried about. Now I’ve been home for only 5 weeks I’m starting to get the urge to get dressed up. And that’s only because I’m healthy enough to. But if you’re in a nursing home, doubt you would be concerned. Assisted Living would be different as you have more independence and better health.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Clarissa Cross
        Lady
        Registered On: July 17, 2021
        Topics: 7
        Replies: 139

Hi Lisa.

Maybe I do not exactly know what the term: nursing home , means English is not my native language, I was thinking of a place where you go to live when you are no longer able to take proper care of yourself in your home, maybe because of bad lungs a weak heart or a minor hemorrhage with a paralyzed arm or leg, and its way different from having a broken femur because you know you get back to normal life again with a broken leg. I’m thinking of the situation when you have to rely on help for the rest of your life without being able to dress without other people knowing.

hugs Clarissa

Becky Davis
      Lady
      Registered On: February 10, 2022
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 70

I have thought about it now that I am older and living by myself. My oldest daughter I hope might be a bit more open minded seeing she is gay and is planning on getting married to her partner next year. My youngest I don’t feel would handle what she would find when they clean out my place very good. I am still able to get around good, but and it’s a big but, it is something I think of more and more, and with the help of everyone here I’m hopping to make the right move…….  Thank you all………….

Саманта
      Managing Ambassador
      Registered On: January 21, 2018
      Topics: 681
      Replies: 1649

Hi, my plan for this contingency is simple: No.

Michelle McQueen
      Lady
      Registered On: June 14, 2021
      Topics: 28
      Replies: 1506

If I’m harmed or killed in an accident then my secret will be out and I doubt that would be my major concern. If I’m in a nursing home I probably won’t have a good mind anyway and will probably have forgotten about my clothes. However things go I’m sure some of the family who discovers my secret will probably say.. “I knew it!”

I’ve thought about this before and the only safe way to keep our secret is to have someone who knows about us to remove our things before the family knows.

Wendy Swift
      Lady
      Registered On: May 11, 2020
      Topics: 12
      Replies: 837

Very good question.  I’ve witnessed some beloved family members wind up homes, and believe me when the ball starts rolling on getting a person into a home it really goes by quick.

I have thought about it from time to time, and if I am incapacitated or unability to move, I would have to give up Wendy for the rest of my life.  It would hurt as Wendy is a part of me.

If I am still able to be mostly independent, I may live out my life as Wendy in the home.

Susan Talbot
      Lady
      Registered On: June 28, 2022
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 247

Interesting question I guess I never thought about that happening. The only contingency plans I have with my SO are that when it’s time for a dirt nap to put me in a suit and donate all the dresses and such.  Sadly I was born a guy but as such I will go in the ground as a guy.

Susan

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess
      Registered On: September 29, 2019
      Topics: 58
      Replies: 1020

Great question Clarissa. Truth is I don’t know, I guess I will just do what feels right at the time. I do worry about it sometimes, what if I have a heart attack and die today while dressed to the nines? How will my family take it, will they bury me in a dress? At that point I will be dead so I don’t care, let them present me however it makes them comfortable.
      I’ll give another response to another question I am often asked at work. I will be 68 in a few weeks and a letter carrier (mail man), I am asked usually once a week or more when I am going to retire. Here is my favorite response when a supervisor asks ‘ some day you will have to come out to my route and pull the mail out of my cold dead hands’. Ends questions real quick!!

. Cassie

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Ria Freichuk
      Lady
      Registered On: June 6, 2020
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 153

I have not sorted that out yet but at my age I had better start soon.

Angela Booth
      Lady
      Registered On: August 1, 2020
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 1150

I honestly think it wouldn’t matter if you ended up in a home you would have a package of care and if dressing is there then that would be included. So long as the bills were paid I am sure you would be welcome!  I know of one crossdresser that was in a home and she would have days out with a carer as she was a wheelchair user.

As for coming out fully now, well that is up to you and your intentions.

For me, I am already out and about so if I ended up in a home it would be in the female persona.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.