Viewing 34 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I bought my 1st pair of thigh highs this week with low expectations about performance. Wore them all day doing a ton of walking , and boy was I ever wrong in what I thought.

They stayed in place through out the day with no slipping and looked just as good at the end of the day as when I put them on.

I will absolutely be buying more in the days to come.

I agree – good ones that actually stay up are much more convenient and not as hot as tights – I much prefer hold-ups, if I feel the need to cover my legs.

Love Laura

Anonymous

The first thing I put on in the morning is my hold up (thigh high) stockings. Never had problems of them slipping down even when doing man’s work all day, although I have nylons and suspender belts for my special girl time it’s always hold ups for everyday day use .  Without my hold ups I don’t feel I’m a girl, they are a must for me, such a wonderful feeling

They never stayed up for me.

Two questions.

What brand? Are they on Amazon?

Thank you, Donna.

Diane

Hi Diane , I got them at walmart of all places and they are Secret Desires

Pantyhose are good for certain times, and definitely convenient.  For me though, when I am dressing to go out and have night of dancing and such, hold ups or lace tops with a sexy garter belt is my go to.  I feel sexy as sin in them, an my men friends like me in them almost as much.

PaulaF

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I’m pretty much a pantyhose girl. That being said though, I’ve been wearing pantyhose and stockings since I was 4. That includes garter stockings and thigh highs.

I found thigh highs quite practical in that they were easy to take on and off. I had dressed androgynous quite often and always wanted to wear pantyhose when showing my legs, but at times it was not practical. I would be in guy mode, wearing shorts. I could do a quick shift to more femme by slipping on a pair of thigh high stockings and more femme shoes. I could do this in the car.

My only complaint with thigh highs was after wearing them several hours they could become uncomfortable with the elastic garter.

You are lucky, Donna, in that they stay up
      I have tried a bunch of styles and brands, and they just dont last on me. I have to, and love to, use a garter and stockings, or pantyhose.
      I have several pair of crotchless pantyhose, that work quite well, and are much easier to deal with on a day long basis, compared to regular.
      Hugs, Regi👸💕

I much prefer thigh highs to pantyhose. They are also less hassle than a garter belt all though not quite as girly. Thigh highs, short skirt and heels; that’s me.

The Beautiful Girl You are Ria. I’m with you girl. Love my Thigh High stockings but love a garter belt and nylons too and sometimes with my thigh highs.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Donna!  I think thigh high stockings are so feminine and super sexy.  Never could find a pair that stayed up for long however, certainly never on legs that were not recently shaved.   That was quite awhile ago though, I should try them out again. 🙂

Stevie

Hi Donna I used to wear nothing but thigh highs for so many reasons already stated . Then panty hose came into play. I still wear panty hose during winter months and or in a pinch for time. My legs are in just in horrible shape these days I have no interest in showing them off. I know that sounds awful but it is true. Good subject for my therapist next week I am so grateful for leggins and wide leg yoga pants they are just so convenient and comfortable. I do enjoy wearing my capri leggins and i am comfortable with that right now

Luv Stephanie

Anonymous

Like them have many pairs now that goes up to knee few goes little over the knee add a garter in the mix.

Becka
      Lady

Love them!!!!!

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Donna,

I love them, especially for getting glammed up in a little black cocktail dress.  And just to be a little sexy, sometimes I will wear them with a garter belt – not so much to hold them up but to add that extra bit of femininity.

I also love pantyhose and will wear those for less glamourous times.  It’s great being a gurl and having these options.

Big Hugs, Krista.

Yea thigh highs are great but found with a lot of wear they can have slippage so I use the garter belt too for security and enjoy the feel of both garments

I love my thigh high stockings…have occasionally had issues with them staying up so use a garter belt with them occasionally but also love a garter belt and nylons. I do so love wearing nylon stockings.

Anonymous

No,,,, for me!!! It has to be the good old fashioned Stockings that you need either to wear a garter belt or,,, some sort of girdle with the tabs/Clips to hold up your Stockings!!👠👍💕 I have tried to wear the other 1,s but they (always) roll down on me & I have to roll them up,,,, no I learned not to wear them anymore & pantyhose is ok,, but they’re just not that comfortable especially on my private parts unless they’re the crouchless kind then,,? I guess? I can wear pantyhose I’ll wear open bottom pantyhose if I wear a skirt a little to short lol not to show off my stocking tops I have heard there’s some sort of a secret that you can do to not have thigh highs to not roll down & it has to do with the oil in our skin and soap that we use? But I never really looked to much further into it so,,, I don’t really bother I am the most happiest with wearing my old fashioned style stockings and garter belt or open bottom girdle I love how they look & feel while wearing them,,, Kara

Emma Lash
        Lady

Hi Kara, I totally agree, you can’t beat hold ups with a suspenders. The feel of the clasps on your thighs is so exciting, Throughout the day feeling them through my short skirt makes me smile every time

I totally love them but have found that they don’t stay up on me so I go with a garter belt.  A garter belt and stockings are an unbeatable and sexy combination!

Being as tall as I am ,pantyhose never fit correctly.  So for me its always thigh highs. Also helps they are one of my favorite things to wear.

Anonymous

I do not like to wear panty hose. I tried them years ago and I found them uncomfortable to wear.

I then went to regular stockings and using a garter belt. They were okay but they just were just not for me.

Then I went to the only thing left, Thigh High stockings, I tried them on and loved them and never looked back.

I buy L’eggs Everyday from Walmart’s. I have been buying them for nearly 30 years and love them. Rarely do they ever fall down on me.

Kathleen xxxxx💋❤

Anonymous

own few pairs  that has the lace on the band upper part or even frilly and bow get many smiles for sure.

Donna

As long as they are on my legs, I love ’em!

Lucia Brown
      Duchess

I prefer stockings and garter belts and open bottom girdles by far I hate the terrible red welts and circles that the silicone grippers on thigh highs give me! Give me a pair of nylon stockings or lace top stockings by Berkshire EVERY TIME And I love the feel of the straps and fasteners tugging on my stockings throughout the day or night!

Prudence
      Ambassador

My thought’s, Absolutely.

I would LOVE to be able to wear them at home. I can only get them temporarily while away on business. It’s one of the very few of my SO’s rules.

I have tried hold ups but little success last time I wore a pair early this year ,I had just come out of a shop and I felt one hold up slipping down, by the time I had got back to the car it was completly down and showing at the bottom of my trousers ,hopefully no one saw it . This time of year when the temperature has warmed up , I wear stockings and suspender belts ,just bought two new white belts ,they feel so sexy and the pull of the garters ,well I rest my case . As the temperature drops I will go back to wearing pantyhose ,it is the one item that helps to keep you/me tucked and presenting a lovely female front !!

Michelle xx

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Even with freshly shaved legs, I’ve NEVER had any luck with thigh highs. So like many others I use a garter/suspender belt to g\hold them up. Much more “femme” with the straps and tabs poking out from the hem of my panties. Even better when both the belt and the stockings are in “Sexy Black”

I love em in cooler months, but not in this humid southern heat.

Bridgette…a bit too hot for those now

switched to them years ago, never going back to pantyhose. Hanes Silk Reflections stay up well, reasonably priced.

Leah
      Baroness

while I love the look and feel of lace top stockings with garter belt, I do love lace top thigh highs as well.  If it wasn’t so hot in the summer I would wear them more, but perfect for the winter time.  I have found the elastic tops of the thigh highs has caused skin irritation at times.

Nothing sexier than wearing  stockings or thigh highs!

Love my thigh-highs! As I have aged, I have lost flexibility and pantyhose can be a challenge to get into.

I adore thigh high stockings.

I love the ones with lace. I love the ones with bows, and I love the ones with the seam that go up the back.

I love the garter belt. Each little touch just makes me feel so femme, pretty and sexy.

Anonymous

My wife likes seeing men in thigh high fishnet stockings

Love them! Right now wearing black and white striped stockings. I had originally purchased some thigh-highs for the cosplay that got me here. Old-fashioned me then got into garter belts and stockings, despite many having the silicone holdups.

Today I’m wearing the red striped stockings and they started to roll. So I pulled out my black garter belt, since I was wearing black panties.

They’re not going anywhere now.

ChloeC
      Duchess

I had several pair of off white thigh highs, but they all eventually wore out, runs, elastic stretching.  I also still have several pair of dark stockings that require garters.  I have a sort of black waist-cincher braselette  that has the longish straps and I loved wearing all that under a dress (with black panties of course).  But lately, since my legs are fairly smooth, I tend not to wear stockings or pantyhose nearly as much.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Auntie…. that reminds me, I should call my niece, lol.  Yes Steph, glue works, but if somethings advertised as Stay Ups, they should….. stay… up.  🤔

Anonymous

Yes I agree, at my age (73) I find it extremely difficult putting on pantyhose, putting on nylons and stockings is much easier, and also the wonderful feeling when putting one stocking on at a time and running my hands over the soft 10 denier nylon ,

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?