- March 10, 2019 at 3:54 pm #159277
Laura LovettParticipantRegistered On: November 18, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 404Has thanked: 428 timesBeen thanked: 518 times
This is one of those that could spin forever!
I bought quite a bit recently, but the one item that made me really go wow when I put it on is a long, stretch jersey type dress, blue stripes, down to the ankles, but split both sides up to the thighs.
It’s the single most comfortable item I think I’ve ever worn, and just tight enough up top to really show off the curves.
It was around £5 including postage, so a bit of a bargain too.
What item have you bought recently that really exceeded expectations?
Or maybe you bought something, were really excited and watched the post, but it turned out to be less than advertised?
Let’s hear the clothes purchase stories!
- March 19, 2019 at 8:45 am #161627Gail RichParticipantRegistered On: October 11, 2017Topics: 1Replies: 19Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 32 times
I only shop a few times a year, but this has been one of those times. I recently purchased 2 new nightgowns (only nessecities) on line from the Woman Within catalogue. Then I heard that Payless Shoe Source was going out of business. There is a large store in Manhattan that has a big selection of size 13 shoes. I bought tan 3″ pumps and black 2 1/2 ” stacked heel.
Last week I took a trip about 1 1/2 hours to another state, where I wouldn’t be recognized, and did a large shop. I went to a mall that I have shopped before. I underdressed in bra, panties, and pantyhose. I wore my breast forms and went to the mall. First stop was JCPenny. The plus size woman section is next to the men’s section and right near the men’s fitting room. I tried on a couple of dresses and a skirt, but didn’t like anything. So I went downstairs and bought a couple of bras and a few pairs of panties. Then I went to Torrid. I tried on four dresses and purchased a nice green and black print that was form fitting on top, but flared out to just above the knee. Then I went to Layne Bryant. I tried on and bought a chiffon faux-wrap midi, with a blue dot pattern.
it was a great day, the sales help couldn’t have been nicer. Had a great time
- March 19, 2019 at 9:41 am #161644Laura LovettParticipantRegistered On: November 18, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 404Has thanked: 428 timesBeen thanked: 518 times
I’ve noticed a lot of comments from other ladies here that many shops are “sympathetic to the cause”. Guess they don’t mind as long as you buy stuff!
Go fully femme next time – I dare you!
- March 19, 2019 at 8:41 am #161626Stacy Lyn FisherParticipantRegistered On: April 26, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 2 times
I’m constantly buying hose it seems!
I recently picked up two pin-up rockabilly style dresses, my absolute favorite style! I find the renewed interest in this style has made them more accessible and they serve those of us with plus sized figures very well! Also interesting is that I’ve notice that the pin-up community is very accepting of CD and Transgender women, I’ve received nothing but respectful, supportive help from anyone I’ve reached out to, they are extremely inclusive and understanding.
- March 19, 2019 at 9:43 am #161648ParticipantRegistered On: November 18, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 404Has thanked: 428 timesBeen thanked: 518 times
Yes, I’ve noticed that too.
I am very tempted to go for a full pin-up style makeover and photo shoot.
Love those outfits!
1 user thanked author for this post.
- March 19, 2019 at 8:38 am #161623Victoria EggerParticipantRegistered On: December 25, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 85Has thanked: 298 timesBeen thanked: 66 times
I just a new Maxi Dress and Bra from Zulily. The dress fit fine and it fits into my Spring collection of clothes. Need new shoes for my new dress. My new bra fit great, 42b which is a little larger than I have been wearing,
Have a Nice Day
- March 19, 2019 at 7:06 am #161611
- March 19, 2019 at 5:25 am #161583Adeline JohnstonParticipantRegistered On: January 15, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 21Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 47 times
I have purchased several items. I bought some jeans that fit like a glove. I love that they are snug yet not constricting. But the thitem I’m most excited about are DKNY panty hose. They are a bit more expensive but well worth it. The waist band is wide and doesn’t roll which is wonderful. And they make my legs feel so silky. I can’t say enough good things about them.
- March 19, 2019 at 7:04 am #161607ParticipantRegistered On: November 18, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 404Has thanked: 428 timesBeen thanked: 518 times
I got 4 pairs of jeans before I found some like that!
Interesting about the tights – I need to replenish, so will definitely try those!
- March 19, 2019 at 3:49 am #161564AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 7Replies: 88Has thanked: 194 timesBeen thanked: 129 times
I just purchased another pair of high heeled Hunter rubber boots. They feel fantastic to wear in the rain.
- March 19, 2019 at 9:38 am #161633ParticipantRegistered On: November 18, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 404Has thanked: 428 timesBeen thanked: 518 times
Wow! They sound amazing!
To be honest, I’m happy in ladies wellies… but heeled boots are dreamy :0)
1 user thanked author for this post.
- March 19, 2019 at 3:29 am #161562stephanie plumbParticipantRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 51Replies: 355Has thanked: 325 timesBeen thanked: 592 times
Ordered two new wigs. A Prettyland orange short bob with fringe (35 cm) in the style i usually wear, and a Prettyland 50 cm straight hazelnut blonde wig with a fringe. Not too sure about the colour of this one, so will return it if I don’t like it. I was surprised to find that copper/orange wigs look good on me – I am usually an ash blonde.
Also a pair of New Look stretchy jeans/leggings, for my quest to dress feminine but look masculine enough when out, so as to not draw attention to myself.
- March 19, 2019 at 7:02 am #161603ParticipantRegistered On: November 18, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 404Has thanked: 428 timesBeen thanked: 518 times
I love the moment I put on a wig after completing my makeup – the transformation is complete!
And the excitement of a new wig with a new style shouldn’t be underestimated!
I also find that a straightish, coppery colour suits me best. I wore a platinum blonde, curly wig for new year, but I think it made me look older. Not my target look for sure!
I also tried a black wig recently, but it makes me look exactly like a mtf cross dresser.
I normally use YouCam to model a look, but on that occasion, the wig was cheap and I fancied a change. Lesson learned, I feel.
- March 18, 2019 at 9:55 am #161386Asmi AshParticipantRegistered On: February 24, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 6Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 8 times
I HAVE to say something…. Just today, my wife got two new dresses for me. She had gone shopping for herself. Liked something, tried it herself, guessed how it would work on me and simply purchased them for me …
What a feeling! It’s a shame that one does not fit and may be exchanged but so glad….
- March 18, 2019 at 11:53 am #161403ParticipantRegistered On: November 18, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 404Has thanked: 428 timesBeen thanked: 518 times
I would imagine that dresses bought for you by your wife feel best of all! I am so jealous – you’re very lucky!
Hope you enjoy a nice evening out wearing one :0)
- March 18, 2019 at 9:20 am #161381Tanya DaleParticipantRegistered On: February 10, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 108Has thanked: 324 timesBeen thanked: 151 times
I bought a pair of 100 denier grey opaque tights today. I’ve not worn grey tights before, I think they’ll look good with a pretty dress I’ve got. Can’t wait to wear them later.
- March 18, 2019 at 11:58 am #161406ParticipantRegistered On: November 18, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 404Has thanked: 428 timesBeen thanked: 518 times
I had to wear thick opaque grey tights with a repurposed blue dress for a pantomime costume. Believe it or not, I was playing King Arthur!
Playing the character stopped it feeling feminine at all once I was on stage, but getting into my costume gave me a subtle buzz!
I love the feeling of tights, and opaque look great with really short skirts.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- March 19, 2019 at 1:19 am #161543Tanya DaleParticipantRegistered On: February 10, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 108Has thanked: 324 timesBeen thanked: 151 times
Hi Laura, I’m wearing my new grey tights for the first time. They feel lovely. They’re from Sainsburys in the UK, 100 denier velvet touch. They look great with my dark navy floral dress. Tanya. X
- March 18, 2019 at 4:36 am #161308helenmarieParticipantRegistered On: August 1, 2018Topics: 6Replies: 58Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 63 times
Hello Laura, In the last month, I have bought a pink with white spots on, rock & roll skirt, a frilly petticoat & a wide white belt to go with it. A pink leotard, a pack of girls knickers, & a pack of 20 denier natural tights. Also a red summer style dress. I have just ordered another rock & roll skirt, this one is white with blue spots on.
- March 18, 2019 at 12:01 pm #161410ParticipantRegistered On: November 18, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 404Has thanked: 428 timesBeen thanked: 518 times
That sounds like a look I need to try – I always liked the rock n roll swirly skirts with a ton of petticoat and seemed stockings – and the tight tops too, of course!
Thanks for sharing!
- March 18, 2019 at 4:06 am #161306stephanie plumbParticipantRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 51Replies: 355Has thanked: 325 timesBeen thanked: 592 times
I have just sent for two lightweight long sleeve button bolero cardigans in black. Taking advantage of Amazon’s free returns policy I have ordered sizes L and XL to get the right fit. I hate that gape between buttons you get when the cardy is too small. Other colours in the range are dark blue, white, red and yellow. I am tempted by the red, and yellow and well all of them really.
I think this style will go really well with my skater and A-line dresses.
- March 14, 2019 at 11:21 pm #160417Val’sheril StarsongParticipantRegistered On: March 3, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 214Has thanked: 108 timesBeen thanked: 198 times
In short, everything! I only started shopping for Val in late January, so I’m making up for lost time with two lockable trunks and a tackle box-cum-makeup and jewelry box already stuffed to the gills! I’d have to say my favorites though are two dresses, one of which is an ornate fuscia sheath, very glam (think 80s prom dress in the best possible way) which I bought from a fellow CDH member at a local trans-friendly consignment boutique, the other being a layered mermaid bodycon with colorful floral lace overlay with see-through lace on the shoulders, arms, and hem that I ordered off Amazon… rides a bit higher than I’d like but that’s almost a given with my build. Oh, and then there’s the pair of 4.5″ strappy heels which I’m learning to walk in (yes, I’m an idiot XD) but as my only pair of women’s shoes currently there’s not much competition on that front.
- This reply was modified 2 months ago by Val'sheril Starsong.
- March 18, 2019 at 12:58 pm #161426ParticipantRegistered On: November 18, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 404Has thanked: 428 timesBeen thanked: 518 times
Oooh! I’ve been eyeing up slinky shiny mermaid dresses for a while now, ever since a female friend of mine took up Burlesque dancing, and performed a naughty mermaid act with a nod and wink to the Venus De Milo.
The dress just stunned me, and there are so many variations on that theme, I only need an excuse to buy one now :0)
- March 14, 2019 at 5:58 pm #160335AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 1Replies: 7Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 8 times
In the last year my inner fashionista has been released. I have made many online purchases from intimate apparel, to breast forms to makeup and wigs, all on Amazon. I have purchased many outfits online from Macy’s. Additionally, my sil who used to be my size and lost weight and was giving many of her clothing pieces to Goodwill. I helped her by taking them and salvaged many pieces for myself. I prefer dresses and skirts but I also love my white jeans and skinny jeans. They pair nicely with some of my favoite blouses and jean jacket. I have been trying to appear more and more feminine to the point where I would like to believe I can pass. I have been sending photos of my newest outfits and combos to a fashion web site. They respond quickly and give advice as to looks and outfits. If they have been able to read me, they love given no indication of it. They simply respond to the womanly me. Check out my photos on this site and give me your honest opinion. I am a 62 year old and love my femininity.
I just can stop. Bought three new pair of shoes on sale at Macy’s. $40 down from $328. I have, in the last two months bought 6 dresses , 5 blouses, 8 pair of shoes, scads of makeup, 4 belts, three pair of tights and numerous packages of hose. I can’t stop. I now have more cloths than my wife 😂
- March 18, 2019 at 1:04 pm #161427ParticipantRegistered On: November 18, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 404Has thanked: 428 timesBeen thanked: 518 times
Please invent a name – I’d love to see your photos!
Don’t worry, I won’t be checking you out, but rather admiring your clothes and overall look.
- March 14, 2019 at 11:19 am #160245Amy MyersParticipantRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 187Has thanked: 325 timesBeen thanked: 204 times
Thanks for asking!
It seems like I can’t go more than a couple of days without buying something, or another. I always seem to buy more than one item.
I bought 3 pairs of tights, and a necklace, the begining of the week for my first outing. Previously I had bought a mid calf length black skirt, and a red sweater. The slirt was quite cheap at a local thrift store, in perfect condition, and the fit is beautiful. Snug and stretchy around the waist, and then flares out. Very comfortable to wear. The necklace was black and silver and complemented the red top nicely, I thought.
Then late yesterday I was taken with a black wet look micro mini skirt, and bought it too. That won’t be to go out anywhere in, as it just covers my bum. Probaly too racy to post pictures of here, but I’ll see.
That gets me up to date!
I’m trying to rein my want to buy women’s clothes, as my complains about all of the men’s clothes I have!
- March 18, 2019 at 4:07 pm #161470ParticipantRegistered On: November 18, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 404Has thanked: 428 timesBeen thanked: 518 times
I know exactly what you mean
One item is never enough – what if it’s not perfect? I’ll get another dress or a skirt top combo, some underwear, maybe some shoes… before you know it, you’ve refreshed your wardrobe, but you’re not going to part with any of the existing prettiest, even the ones you hardly ever wear…
At least, that’s how it goes for me!
I had a spree at the start of the month; 6 dresses, 2 skirts, jeans, 6 bras, knickers and 6 pairs of shoes (I got a bargain bundle of 5 pairs for £8! Some silvery sandals, pointy heels, ankle boots, Ugg boots and Converse trainers, all size 9 wide. The other pair are the most darling silver strappy 4″ heels I couldn’t let them go at £7!).
Running out of drawer space and I still haven’t found a mermaid dress yet…
Hehe! I love clothes shopping!
1 user thanked author for this post.
- March 13, 2019 at 12:30 pm #160002fiona mossAmbassadorRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 261Replies: 975Has thanked: 1925 timesBeen thanked: 1393 times
Hi Laura, i have gone on a mad clothes buying spree, but it has not cost the earth, blame Elly! she introduced me to a site where the clothes are cheap but great quality, many ex high street brands. Anyway, so what have i bought?
1. New Pyjama set (top and bottom)
2. Pink belt (studded with look a like pearls)
3. A girly watch
4. A Lemon coloured woolen jumper
5. A Pink Hoodie
6. Pink Faux Suede crop jacket
7. Hot Pink swing dress
8. Pink cable knit Beanie hat
9. Wine coloured front pocket mini skirt
10. Pink Denim jeans
Photos coming soon….!!!
- March 18, 2019 at 4:12 pm #161472ParticipantRegistered On: November 18, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 404Has thanked: 428 timesBeen thanked: 518 times
Thanks for the shopping list, Fiona.
Now I want all those things too – they sound divine!
Actually, a numbered list like that reads well off the page to my eyes – I can picture the lovely items.
Can’t wait to see the photos!
- March 13, 2019 at 6:43 am #159947LillyParticipantRegistered On: December 12, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 208Has thanked: 294 timesBeen thanked: 243 times
A dress! Loved the color and the fit, think skater style I’m only 30 so it’s a good look for me. Shorter than I thought, though being 6’4″ doesn’t help anything in that department, but it pairs SO WELL with a pair of leggings I had otherwise not found an outfit for. Just walked around my apartment for an hour with a stupid grin on my face.
Cute shorter blue one too with white line-pedals on it, supposed to hit just above the knee for someone 5’6″, ends up about mid-thigh for me but I love the look with the leggings.
- March 14, 2019 at 1:28 pm #160286
- March 13, 2019 at 5:38 am #159935Cynthia HughesParticipantRegistered On: March 12, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 48Has thanked: 51 timesBeen thanked: 49 times
The last new thing I bought was way back in the summer of 2018 when I was able to dress for a whole 3 months without any restrictions. They were 2 A line dresses, one was black and the other was blue with a type of black print on it.
I was also the first time I was able to head outside and take some pictues as well.
- March 18, 2019 at 4:16 pm #161473ParticipantRegistered On: November 18, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 404Has thanked: 428 timesBeen thanked: 518 times
Is that the black dress in your photos?
I love the way you team it with Black heels and tights, and the necklace sets it off really well.
- March 12, 2019 at 5:29 am #159640stephanie plumbParticipantRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 51Replies: 355Has thanked: 325 timesBeen thanked: 592 times
A nude Gossard Glossies sheer underwired bra, size 38F, and a black Allegra K faux suede button front A-line skirt.
The bra is fabulous – it matches my skin tone, so the straps are almost invisible, and although “glossy” it is completely transparent and with no seams. I am wearing it with my Max Tara F cup forms. It looks like I am topless under a sheer drawstring dark blue floral blouse! I can’t wait to try it with other sheer blouses. This bra + forms is a million times better than those forms that come with horrible plastic transparent straps, and a 100 times better than an expensive horrible breast plate. In my opinion.
The skirt is like inky black soft velvet, with gold buttons down the front. It is a lovely A-line style that looks fabulous. Can’t wait to wear it outside. I am a size 14 in skirts but Allegra K clothes are a tad on the small side so I bought a 16. Perfect fit.
- March 12, 2019 at 7:38 am #159663ParticipantRegistered On: November 18, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 404Has thanked: 428 timesBeen thanked: 518 times
Thanks for the details, Stephanie! I’ve added one of those bras to next month’s shopping list!
- March 13, 2019 at 5:03 am #159932ParticipantRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 51Replies: 355Has thanked: 325 timesBeen thanked: 592 times
You won’t regret it. Hope you can find one, they are sometimes difficult to get on Amazon. The material seems very flimsy but is very supportive, as are the thicker bra straps. I wear a 38F because of its versatility. You can wear any size forms from a C upwards , and yes , even an F. The design is as a full coverage bra and I find my forms fit within the cups and are invisible. These bra’s (no , i’m not a saleswoman) give you a more natural breast look. Fabulous under a thin strapped nightie.
Amazon also sells lots of other sheer bra’s – usually made in China – that are a lot cheaper and look good in the pictures. Don’t buy. They offer no support at all, partly because the straps are too thin. Your forms drop downwards and outwards, fine if that’s the look you want! You get what you pay for.
I’m rambling, sorry to be a bore.
- March 11, 2019 at 10:45 am #159436
- March 10, 2019 at 6:43 pm #159325Jessica FlowerParticipantRegistered On: September 17, 2017Topics: 1Replies: 17Has thanked: 113 timesBeen thanked: 28 times
- March 18, 2019 at 4:19 pm #161476ParticipantRegistered On: November 18, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 404Has thanked: 428 timesBeen thanked: 518 times
You can never have too many heels, Jessica.
And you’ve just reminded me that I don’t possess a single shirt dress.
Next month’s shopping list has just been extended…
- March 10, 2019 at 6:13 pm #159310Gabriela RomaniAmbassadorRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 47Replies: 431Has thanked: 276 timesBeen thanked: 742 times
Not exactly purchased… exchanged a Christmas present for two pairs of heels:
both so pretty/sexy!
- March 10, 2019 at 5:54 pm #159308Alexis FrazierParticipantRegistered On: April 3, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 64Has thanked: 79 timesBeen thanked: 38 times
3”Heels. Shocking, I know. Exceeded expectations. Wore them for 2 hours the first time and walked quite a bit. Just lovely….. so comfortable.
- March 10, 2019 at 4:17 pm #159280Kelsey NikkolParticipantRegistered On: December 23, 2018Topics: 23Replies: 54Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 162 times
A LBD from a consignment shop yesterday.Have a supportive friend that works there and calls me right away seeing items that come in saying my name on them.Knew this one had my name on them.
The topic ‘What clothes have you bought recently?’ is closed to new replies.