What clothes have you bought recently?

This topic contains 44 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Laura Lovett 8 hours, 48 minutes ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Laura Lovett
    Participant
    Registered On: November 18, 2018
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 293

This is one of those that could spin forever!

I bought quite a bit recently, but the one item that made me really go wow when I put it on is a long, stretch jersey type dress, blue stripes, down to the ankles, but split both sides up to the thighs.

It’s the single most comfortable item I think I’ve ever worn, and just tight enough up top to really show off the curves.

It was around £5 including postage, so a bit of a bargain too.

What item have you bought recently that really exceeded expectations?

Or maybe you bought something, were really excited and watched the post, but it turned out to be less than advertised?

Let’s hear the clothes purchase stories!

Love Laura

5 users thanked author for this post.
  • Author
    Replies
     Gail Rich 
    Participant
    Registered On: October 11, 2017
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 19

I only shop a few times a year, but this has been one of those times. I recently purchased 2 new nightgowns (only nessecities) on line from the Woman Within catalogue. Then I heard that Payless Shoe Source was going out of business. There is a large store in Manhattan that has a big selection of size 13 shoes. I bought tan 3″ pumps and black 2 1/2 ” stacked heel.

Last week I took a trip about 1 1/2 hours to another state, where I wouldn’t be recognized, and did a large shop. I went to a mall that I have shopped before. I underdressed in bra, panties, and pantyhose. I wore my breast forms and went to the mall. First stop was JCPenny. The plus size woman section is next to the men’s section and right near the men’s fitting room. I tried on a couple of dresses and a skirt, but didn’t like anything. So I went downstairs and bought a couple of bras and a few pairs of panties. Then I went to Torrid. I tried on four dresses and purchased a nice green and black print that was form fitting on top, but flared out to just above the knee. Then I went to Layne Bryant. I tried on and bought a chiffon faux-wrap midi, with a blue dot pattern.

it was a great day, the sales help couldn’t have been nicer. Had a great time

2 users thanked author for this post.
       Laura Lovett 
      Participant

I’ve noticed a lot of comments from other ladies here that many shops are “sympathetic to the cause”. Guess they don’t mind as long as you buy stuff!

Go fully femme next time – I dare you!

Love Laura

Stacy Lyn Fisher 
    Participant
    Registered On: April 26, 2018
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

I’m constantly buying hose it seems!

I recently picked up two pin-up rockabilly style dresses, my absolute favorite style! I find the renewed interest in this style has made them more accessible and they serve those of us with plus sized figures very well! Also interesting is that I’ve notice that the pin-up community is very accepting of CD and Transgender women, I’ve received nothing but respectful, supportive help from anyone I’ve reached out to,  they are extremely inclusive and understanding.

1 user thanked author for this post.
       Laura Lovett 
      Participant

Yes, I’ve noticed that too.

I am very tempted to go for a full pin-up style makeover and photo shoot.

Love those outfits!

Love Laura

Victoria Egger 
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2017
    Replies: 82

I just a new Maxi Dress and Bra from Zulily. The dress fit fine and it fits into my Spring collection of clothes. Need new shoes for my new dress. My new bra fit great, 42b which is a little larger than I have been wearing,

Have a Nice Day
    Vicki E.

Billie-Jo McAllister 
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2018
    Replies: 27

Just got back from Target. Purchased five thongs and and lace bra. Five pairs for $20.00😀 I’m in heaven!!🤪

Adeline Johnston 
    Participant
    Registered On: January 15, 2018
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 19

I have purchased several items. I bought some jeans that fit like a glove. I love that they are snug yet not constricting. But the thitem I’m most excited about are DKNY panty hose. They are a bit more expensive but well worth it. The waist band is wide and doesn’t roll which is wonderful. And they make my legs feel so silky. I can’t say enough good things about them.

Laura Lovett 
      Participant

I got 4 pairs of jeans before I found some like that!

Interesting about the tights – I need to replenish, so will definitely try those!

Love Laura

Susan Miller 
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2019
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 35

I just purchased another pair of high heeled Hunter rubber boots.  They feel fantastic to wear in the rain.

Laura Lovett 
      Participant

Wow! They sound amazing!

To be honest, I’m happy in ladies wellies… but heeled boots are dreamy :0)

Love Laura

stephanie plumb 
    Participant
    Registered On: November 17, 2018
    Replies: 103

Ordered two new wigs. A Prettyland orange short bob with fringe (35 cm) in the style i usually wear, and a Prettyland  50 cm straight hazelnut blonde wig with a fringe. Not too sure about the colour of this one, so will return it if I don’t like it.  I was surprised to find that copper/orange wigs look good on me – I am usually an ash blonde.

Also a pair of New Look stretchy jeans/leggings, for my quest to dress feminine but look masculine enough when out, so as to not draw attention to myself.

Stephanie P.

Laura Lovett 
      Participant

I love the moment I put on a wig after completing my makeup – the transformation is complete!

And the excitement of a new wig with a new style shouldn’t be underestimated!

I also find that a straightish, coppery colour suits me best. I wore a platinum blonde, curly wig for new year, but I think it made me look older. Not my target look for sure!

I also tried a black wig recently, but it makes me look exactly like a mtf cross dresser.

I normally use YouCam to model a look, but on that occasion, the wig was cheap and I fancied a change. Lesson learned, I feel.

Love Laura

Asmi Ash 
    Participant
    Registered On: February 24, 2019
    Replies: 5

I HAVE to say something…. Just today, my wife got two new dresses for me. She had gone shopping for herself. Liked something, tried it herself, guessed how it would work on me and simply purchased them for me …

What a feeling! It’s a shame that one does not fit and may be exchanged but so glad….

Very happy.

Laura Lovett 
      Participant

I would imagine that dresses bought for you by your wife feel best of all! I am so jealous – you’re very lucky!

Hope you enjoy a nice evening out wearing one :0)

Love Laura

Tanya Dale 
    Participant
    Registered On: February 10, 2019
    Replies: 50

I bought a pair of 100 denier grey opaque tights today. I’ve not worn grey tights before, I think they’ll look good with a pretty dress I’ve got. Can’t wait to wear them later.

Laura Lovett 
      Participant

I had to wear thick opaque grey tights with a repurposed blue dress for a pantomime costume. Believe it or not, I was playing King Arthur!

Playing the character stopped it feeling feminine at all once I was on stage, but getting into my costume gave me a subtle buzz!

I  love the feeling of tights, and opaque look great with really short skirts.

Love Laura

Tanya Dale 
        Participant
        Registered On: February 10, 2019
        Replies: 50

Hi Laura, I’m wearing my new grey tights for the first time. They feel lovely. They’re from Sainsburys in the UK, 100 denier velvet touch. They look great with my dark navy floral dress. Tanya. X

helenmarie 
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2018
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 49

Hello Laura,          In the last month, I have bought a pink with white spots on, rock & roll skirt, a frilly petticoat & a wide white belt to go with it. A pink leotard, a pack of girls knickers, & a pack of 20 denier natural tights. Also a red summer style dress. I have just ordered another rock & roll skirt, this one is white with blue spots on.

love,  Helenmarie

Laura Lovett 
      Participant

Hi Helenmarie

That sounds like a look I need to try – I always liked the rock n roll swirly skirts with a ton of petticoat and seemed stockings – and the tight tops too, of course!

Thanks for sharing!

Love Laura

stephanie plumb 
    Participant

I have just sent for two lightweight long sleeve button bolero cardigans in black.  Taking advantage of Amazon’s free returns policy I have ordered sizes L and XL to get the right fit. I hate that gape between buttons you get when the cardy is too small.  Other colours in the range are dark blue, white, red and yellow. I am tempted by the red, and yellow and well all of them really.

I think this style will go really well with my skater and A-line dresses.

Stephanie P.

Laura Lovett 
      Participant

I think you’re right – that pulled button look isn’t great, but a nice bolero cardy shows off a skater or A line perfectly!

Love Laura

Val’sheril Starsong 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 3, 2019
    Replies: 91

In short, everything!  I only started shopping for Val in late January, so I’m making up for lost time with two lockable trunks and a tackle box-cum-makeup and jewelry box already stuffed to the gills!  I’d have to say my favorites though are two dresses, one of which is an ornate fuscia sheath, very glam (think 80s prom dress in the best possible way) which I bought from a fellow CDH member at a local trans-friendly consignment boutique, the other being a layered mermaid bodycon with colorful floral lace overlay with see-through lace on the shoulders, arms, and hem that I ordered off Amazon… rides a bit higher than I’d like but that’s almost a given with my build.  Oh, and then there’s the pair of 4.5″ strappy heels which I’m learning to walk in (yes, I’m an idiot XD) but as my only pair of women’s shoes currently there’s not much competition on that front.

Laura Lovett 
      Participant

Oooh! I’ve been eyeing up slinky shiny mermaid dresses for a while now, ever since a female friend of mine took up Burlesque dancing, and performed a naughty mermaid act with a nod and wink to the Venus De Milo.

The dress just stunned me, and there are so many variations on that theme, I only need an excuse to buy one now :0)

Love Laura

Anonymous
    Registered On:
    Replies: 7

In the last year my inner fashionista has been released. I have made many online purchases from intimate apparel, to breast forms to makeup and wigs, all on Amazon. I have purchased many outfits online from Macy’s. Additionally, my sil who used to be my size and lost weight and was giving many of her clothing pieces to Goodwill. I helped her by taking them and salvaged many pieces for myself. I prefer dresses and skirts but I also love my white jeans and skinny jeans. They pair nicely with some of my favoite blouses 👚 and jean jacket. I have been trying to appear more and more feminine to the point where I would like to believe I can pass. I have been sending photos of my newest outfits and combos to a fashion web site. They respond quickly and give advice as to looks and outfits. If they have been able to read me, they love given no indication of it. They simply respond to the womanly me. Check out my photos on this site and give me your honest opinion. I am a 62 year old and love my femininity.

I just can stop.  Bought three new pair of shoes on sale at Macy’s.  $40 down from $328.     I have, in the last two months bought 6 dresses , 5 blouses, 8 pair of shoes, scads of makeup, 4 belts, three pair of tights and numerous packages of hose.   I can’t stop.   I now have more cloths than my wife 😂

Laura Lovett 
      Participant

Hello Anonymous!

Please invent a name – I’d love to see your photos!

Don’t worry, I won’t be checking you out, but rather admiring your clothes and overall look.

Love Laura

Amy Myers 
    Participant
    Registered On: February 11, 2019
    Replies: 77

Laura;

Thanks for asking!

It seems like I can’t go more than a couple of days without buying something, or another. I always seem to buy more than one item.

I bought 3 pairs of tights, and a necklace, the begining of the week for my first outing. Previously I had bought a mid calf length black skirt, and a red sweater. The slirt was quite cheap at a local thrift store, in perfect condition, and the fit is beautiful. Snug and stretchy around the waist, and then flares out. Very comfortable to wear. The necklace was black and silver and complemented the red top nicely, I thought.

Then late yesterday I was taken with a black wet look micro mini skirt, and bought it too. That won’t be to go out anywhere in, as it just covers my bum. Probaly too racy to post pictures of here, but I’ll see.

That gets me up to date!

I’m trying to rein my want to buy women’s clothes, as my complains about all of the men’s clothes I have!

Amy

Laura Lovett 
      Participant

I know exactly what you mean

One item is never enough – what if it’s not perfect? I’ll get another dress or a skirt top combo, some underwear, maybe some shoes… before you know it, you’ve refreshed your wardrobe, but you’re not going to part with any of the existing prettiest, even the ones you hardly ever wear…

At least, that’s how it goes for me!

I had a spree at the start of the month; 6 dresses, 2 skirts, jeans, 6 bras, knickers and 6 pairs of shoes (I got a bargain bundle of 5 pairs for £8! Some silvery sandals, pointy heels, ankle boots, Ugg boots and Converse trainers, all size 9 wide. The other pair are the most darling silver strappy 4″ heels I couldn’t let them go at £7!).

Running out of drawer space and I still haven’t found a mermaid dress yet…

Hehe! I love clothes shopping!

Love Laura

fiona moss 
    Ambassador
    Registered On: October 7, 2018
    Topics: 222
    Replies: 850

Hi Laura, i have gone on a mad clothes buying spree, but it has not cost the earth, blame Elly! she introduced me to a site where the clothes are cheap but great quality, many ex high street brands. Anyway, so what have i bought?

1. New Pyjama set (top and bottom)
    2. Pink belt (studded with look a like pearls)
    3. A girly watch
    4. A Lemon coloured woolen jumper
    5. A Pink Hoodie
    6. Pink Faux Suede crop jacket
    7. Hot Pink swing dress
    8. Pink cable knit Beanie hat
    9. Wine coloured front pocket mini skirt
    10. Pink Denim jeans

Photos coming soon….!!!

Fiona xxx

Laura Lovett 
      Participant

Thanks for the shopping list, Fiona.

Now I want all those things too – they sound divine!

Actually, a numbered list like that reads well off the page to my eyes – I can picture the lovely items.

Can’t wait to see the photos!

Love Laura

Lilly 
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2018
    Replies: 143

A dress! Loved the color and the fit, think skater style I’m only 30 so it’s a good look for me. Shorter than I thought, though being 6’4″ doesn’t help anything in that department, but it pairs SO WELL with a pair of leggings I had otherwise not found an outfit for. Just walked around my apartment for an hour with a stupid grin on my face.

Cute shorter blue one too with white line-pedals on it, supposed to hit just above the knee for someone 5’6″, ends up about mid-thigh for me but I love the look with the leggings.

Laura Lovett 
      Participant

Hi Lily.

I’m 6’4″ and love skater dresses too!

They just feel so light and comfortable.

Love Laura

Cynthia Hughes 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 12, 2019
    Replies: 46

The last new thing I bought was way back in the summer of 2018 when I was able to dress for a whole 3 months without any restrictions.  They were 2 A line dresses,  one was black and the other was blue with a type of black print on it.

I was also the first time I was able to head outside and take some pictues as well.

Thanks

Cynthia

Laura Lovett 
      Participant

Is that the black dress in your photos?

I love the way you team it with Black heels and tights, and the necklace sets it off really well.

Great look!

Love Laura

stephanie plumb 
    Participant

A nude Gossard Glossies sheer underwired bra, size 38F,    and a black  Allegra K faux suede button front A-line skirt.

The bra is fabulous – it matches my skin tone, so the straps are almost invisible, and although “glossy” it is completely transparent and with no seams.  I am wearing it with my Max Tara F cup forms.  It looks like I am topless under a sheer drawstring dark blue floral blouse!   I can’t wait to try it with other sheer blouses.   This bra + forms is a million times better than those forms that come with horrible plastic transparent straps,  and a 100  times better than an expensive horrible breast plate. In my opinion.

The skirt is like inky black soft velvet, with gold buttons down the front. It is a lovely A-line style that looks fabulous.  Can’t wait to wear it outside.  I am a size 14 in skirts but Allegra K clothes are a tad on the small side so I bought a 16. Perfect fit.

Stephanie P.

Laura Lovett 
      Participant

Thanks for the details, Stephanie! I’ve added one of those bras to next month’s shopping list!

Love Laura

stephanie plumb 
        Participant

You won’t regret it.  Hope you can find one, they are sometimes difficult to get on Amazon. The material seems very flimsy but is very supportive, as are the thicker bra straps.   I wear a 38F  because of its versatility.  You can wear any size forms from a C upwards , and yes , even an F.   The design is as a full coverage bra and I find my forms fit within the cups and are invisible.   These bra’s (no , i’m not a saleswoman)   give you a more natural breast look.  Fabulous under a thin strapped nightie.

Amazon also sells lots of other sheer bra’s – usually made in China – that are a lot cheaper and look good in the pictures.  Don’t buy.  They offer no support at all, partly because the straps are too thin. Your forms drop downwards and outwards, fine if that’s the look you want!    You get what you pay for.

I’m rambling, sorry to be a bore.

Stephanie P.

Laura Lovett 
          Participant

Not boring at all!

Thanks for sharing the details.

Love Laura

Imogen Mann 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 2, 2019
    Replies: 52

Two under-bust control bodies, and some fresh tights.

All I need right now..

But soon… More !

Imogen x

Jessica Flower 
    Participant
    Registered On: September 17, 2017
    Replies: 17

A cute little floral print black and cream colored shirt dress from Target. It is so pretty. I love wearing it. Now I need a new pair of heels to match it.  (I can always find an excuse to buy a new pair of heels.)

Jessica

Laura Lovett 
      Participant

You can never have too many heels, Jessica.

And you’ve just reminded me that I don’t possess a single shirt dress.

Next month’s shopping list has just been extended…

Love Laura

Gabriela Romani 
    Participant
    Registered On: October 7, 2018
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 303

Not exactly purchased… exchanged a Christmas present for two pairs of heels:

Patent red Jessica Simpson

And:

Purple Antonio Melani

both so pretty/sexy!

Gaby 💜

Laura Lovett 
      Participant

Oooh! Pretty strappy heels, and such lovely colours!

Alexis Frazier 
    Participant
    Registered On: April 3, 2018
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 63

3”Heels. Shocking, I know. Exceeded expectations. Wore them for 2 hours the first time and walked quite a bit. Just lovely….. so comfortable.

Kelsey Nikkol 
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2018
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 49

A LBD from a consignment shop yesterday.Have a supportive friend that works there and calls me right away seeing items that come in saying my name on them.Knew this one had my name on them.

The topic ‘What clothes have you bought recently?’ is closed to new replies.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account