Viewing 17 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello Everyone

As some of you may be aware, I am new to the crossdressing scene and recently joined this great community (thank you to those who have accepted me so quickly)!

I did mention in my introduction, I am now looking to buy my first pair of shoes!  I only have one problem – there are so many to chose from that I love!

I have narrowed it down to certain colours (all basic heel shoes) and I would love to hear your thoughts on what you prefer as a standard colour.

I want to wear a pair of shoes that make me look and feel feminine and beautiful and I feel all of those colours do.

Would love to hear your choice and let me know what colour was your first pair of shoes.

Lots of Love,
      Jacinta xoxo

Anonymous
      Lady

Every girl should have a pair of black heels, red heels and beige heels. Those 3 colors will go with just about any dress, skirt or jeans.

Wow Sandy Honey, those are the exact colors (and in the same order too!) of the first shoes I ever bought.  It was in the mid- ’80s and they were basic pumps with 3″ heels of the type ladies were wearing to the office.  Great advice!

*** Kayla ***

Like others have said, I recommend black as a first pair.  Black goes with so much.  I like nude as a second color, and at that point you have a pair to wear with 95% of outfits.  Then it’s just having fun pairing with specific outfits you like – red, navy blue, white, silver etc.  My most “out there” pair are fuchsia pumps I bought to wear with a fuchsia wrap dress that I love.  They don’t go with anything else I have, but that makes them all the more special.

Anonymous

I would go with a basic black, white or tan/nude color. Can’t go wrong with those. If you’re feeling more adventurous, go for a bold red.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Jacinta

I “Had to have” a bunch of shoes that I saw when I recognized this side of myself a few years ago. I think if I were to start over, I might relax a little, and just start with a pair of black pumps. They are a classic look, and go with so many different outfits.
      I went a little crazy for red shoes. They just don’t go with as much, but dang they were so pretty!

👠Lara

Anonymous

Jacinta,

I’m with the majority of ladies here, start with black because they’ll fit with most outfits. After my first black pumps I bought beige, then white and I had all of my occasions covered. Too true that there are so many choices. Happy shopping!

Renea ❤️

I agree with most of the ladies here. Black low heels would be best. My first pair were white ballerina flats.

Depends on the outfit you plan to wear them with. Actually one of my first pair was a pair of wedge heels from Target. Also, bought a pair of black pumps.

I am up to about 20 pairs of heels, anywhere from platforms to ballerina slippers.

As I started, depends on the outfit. Just recently bought two pair of mule heels, tan and white. Love them, they are so comfortable I could wear them all day if given the opportunity.

Gloria

Basic black is always a good place to start.

I think black heels, like the other girls say they go with most things .. x

I think almost all my first shoes were black, although I do remember a pair of white three inch pumps. My first pair of flats, which I’m still wearing, are in “Cheetah Print” they’re really fun!

Hugs,

Lauren M

Hi Jacinta,

I vote for black, semi-pointed, 3 inch leather heels as a first purchase.  Plus, you have to really be able to fit in them and walk and stand in them.   So, choose wisely and they will always be your go-to pair otherwise they will just sit in the back of your closet.

Party on,  Marg

My first pair were black pumps, they go with anything and aren’t that hard to walk in.  I also have pair of black flats and a pair of ivory open toe heel strap block heel pumps.  I love wearing the last pair when I have my toes painted, nothing makes me feel more fem than looking at my painted toes in open toe heels.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Hi Jacinta,

My first pair of shoes was a pair of black pumps.

every girl needs a pair.

Huggs Patty

Lynda Jones
      Baroness - Annual

Jacinta , you can’t go wrong with Black heels, I wear with ankle strap because I have not found a pair of pumps that my heel does not slip out of, orderer countless pumps and have returned all but one pr. My next choise are summer wedges in brown great for jeans, and shorts skirts, and wedges are easy heels to start with.

Here’s to HEELS
      LOVE
      Lynda

Hiyeee everyone

as so many have said black is choice of many

as was myself black open toe sandals 3” heel

now though I have so many styles colours heels platforms casual etc so never spoiled for choice no matter what I’m wearing

xxx jem

First off, no gurl can have too many shoes!!! I would start with a basic black in color. I also suggest a low hee at first, 2″ max. get used to those then go for the more high heel ones, like 3″ or 4″. There’s a learning curve to walking in those, but it is so feminine when you’re wearing some nice heels. Very sexy if you have the legs. Sadly, my legs look awful, they are ugly from scars.

It’s hard to go wrong with a basic black set of heels. They go well with just about everything.

Another superb choice is a pair of beige/nude heels. They seem to go with even more things than black. I am a firm believer that a pair of beige heels are as essential as an LBD in any girl’s wardrobe.

There is one nuance here that is worth considering. Most people say “nude” for this color, but that isn’t really accurate if your skin isn’t white. They’re only nude for white girls, so I say beige. This may sound like semantic quibbling but the reason beige heels are so versatile, is because they match my skin color, and so look more like part of my leg. This feature allows them to “match” regardless of the outfit.Your shoes don’t need to coordinate with your dress if they work with your skin. While a girl of any skin color can certainly wear beige heels, the versatility will be greater if you find a pair that matches your skin color. This doesn’t have to be precise in the way that finding makeup foundation needs to be, just something close. So, as a fashion consideration, if your skin is darker, then a pair of shoes that are closer to your skin color might help them be more versatile. In other words, find the “nude” that works for you.

A third choice takes an opposite approach, go with something that contrasts with everything. I’ve seen some very beautiful and stylish women wearing shoes that contrasted sharply with the rest of their outfit. Think, “all-business-wear-to-work-dress” in white, with bright red or pink heels. This is a fun way to wear a more conservative outfit, but still throw in some fun. Coordinating the shoes with a clutch, purse, scarf, or brooch can balance it out.

This is getting long really quickly! but another thing to consider is where you’re at in dressing and what you want your goals to be. I go to work en femme regularly, so my wardrobe tends to be professionally oriented. I have limited storage space and budget so finding one pair of shoes that is professional and versatile is more important and more doable than a huge collection of once in a lifetime shoes. If you’re dressing up at home and content with that, then buying a fantasy pair of shoes makes sense. If you’re primarily interested in walks around the park or shopping in the mall, then some strappy sandles with a chunky heel will be way more comfortable than teetering stilettos. I do a lot of sitting at a desk with walks to the watercooler and colleague offices, so a higher set of heels that make a lovely clicking sound in the hallway are my favorite. I also love the feel of an ankle strap, so it’s a design element I always look for. Get what you like and what will fit with the kind of dressing you like most and the kind of places you want to go dressed up.

First and foremost, buy something that will be fun to wear!

s

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?