Tagged: 

Viewing 22 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      BillieJay
      Managing Ambassador

I chat with people all the time about how they access the site, via their phone, an iPad/tablet, or PC/Mac.

I try to tailor my tech help to which kind of device they’re using… some stuff is too complex for me to do on my phone, but really easy to do on my PC.

so I’m just wondering how others access the site.

as for me, I use all three, with the PC being my favorite (and it’s much easier to do the admin tasks I do here on it), but obviously I don’t use my PC when I’m out in the field.

I rarely use my iPhone to do web sites unless I have no choice. I tend to use my iPad mostly, but right now 100% as I am rebuilding my Hackintosh…

Anonymous

I use a PC at home and my phone at work.

Anonymous
      Lady

I am almost 100% a user of my iPhone. Occasionally I will use my iPad but that is very seldom. The site seems to function well on my iPhone and with the exception of some pictures taking time to load or if I zoom in on an area when zooming back out it many times reboots the page. Otherwise the CDH tech team has done a great job on site architecture and functionality.
      🍷C

I use my iPhone most of the time. I use my Macbook Air occasionally.

Anonymous

Hello Billiejay

100% smartphone….cdh travels everywhere I do….

Grace xxx

Almost always a PC (Linux) or Chromebook.  I learned touch typing when I was young, and I hate typing on a screen because of the lack of tactile feedback and the closeness of the keys.  Also, the screen is larger on the PC or Chromebook, and I hate how there is no cache on a phone or tablet; if I move away to another app, the page has to reload.

One time I was away and I used a tablet to access the chat.  The browser crashed, and I was unable to access the chat on either my tablet, my phone, or my PC when I got back.  I think the server still believed my session was still active so it wouldn’t let me in if I was logged in.  The admins had to do something for me to be able to access the chat.

Mostly it’s on my IPhone, occasionally on iPad and rarely on MacBook, but some days I’ll be using all three at once in different parts of the house!

Ive noticed some areas easier to navigate and interact with on laptop and tablet than the phone.

100% my laptop, my phone is a company one and wouldn’t be a good idea for it admins to have a look, lol

Anonymous

I use my phone to access CDH,

I don’t have a PC or an Ipad so i have to use my phone,

I’m quite restricted to the things i can do on my phone and sometimes if i don’t have a signal it’s hard to log in x

Rozalyne x

Hi Billie,

I’ll use an iPad.

Alice

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

I use my phone when ever I want quick access and short durations.. As for my duties I us a pc to perform at my best… 🌷

I check in and write short replies on my android phone but for composition of longer replies and threads I prefer the larger view space and keyboard on my tablet.

Thank you BillieJay, and all the other lovely ladies that make all things CDH continue to be enjoyable.

💋Olivia

Emily
      Lady

I always use my iPad. I don’t use my phone because My wife will occasionally borrow it and since she doesn’t approve of my crossdressing or my involvement with others who do, I only use a device she doesn’t ever look at. Wouldn’t want her to see anything she’s not comfortable with.

Alice Black
      Duchess

I have accessed on both my phone and laptop. Prefer laptop when composing messages as keyboard is easier to use.

Alice Black

I use all three devices since I have no one looking at my devices.

BillieJay
      Managing Ambassador

I love all of the responses!

stuff like this helps the leadership make everyone’s experiences better!

more importantly than how you access the site (admittedly I do different things on here than most) is the fact that we do access it, and use it to stay connected.

get rid of all the things that separate us… geographic, local culture, etc…

this site makes us all peers that connect internationally and make friends that we wouldn’t have otherwise.

PC most of the time, I dont really like the web interface on phones unless its an app built for it.

Hi BillieJay

I primarily sit by my MAC when I’m home. Otherwise I’m using my iPhone. It’s even so that Lily-Rose has her own iPhone.

Hugs
      Lily-Rose

I get update notices on my phone whenever there is an update to one of the threads I follow, and that is where I spend most of my CDH time, as I can do it at work, at night, and not worry about my supervisor saying something being on the phone too much.

At home, I turn on my laptop when I get home so I can get my music library playing through my stereo, then sign in to CDH on a separate page to do my online things that need to get done in more detail than I can on my phone.

If I am traveling, once my luggage is in the room, I am on their wi-fi and getting my laptop going before even unpacking what I will need for the evening, makeup, toiletries clothes, etc.

PaulaF

[postquote quote=417399]

WOW!!  Didn’t think I’d hear the word Linux on this site.  Linux is part of my job!  Nice to see someone who knows it.

Robyn ❤️

Ellie Hope
      Baroness

Hi Billie,

I nearly always use my phone, but since you mentioned some things are easier on a computer, I am going to try that more often. I do have difficulty at times figuring out how to get to where I want to be with the phone. Perhaps the presentation is different on the PC with more visual space which might help me. I’ll give it a try. Thanks for the info.

Ellie

Hippie
      Lady

I use a homemade computer I built from parts I got at a local computer store. I built it say around summer of 2010. Furthermore, It runs on a Linux OS called Fedora.

Plus I have an old Dell laptop that is an Icore 5 that is running a dual-boot of Zorin Linux and Windows XP. Windows XP is on, so I can play my old PC based video games.

To connect to the Internet I might be one of the last user of the old Dial-up Internet. At the very best I can get that mighty fast speed of 56k. If I am lucky, most of the time it’s in the low 30s

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?