Viewing 23 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Brandie
      Lady

Confusing title i know but i will give an example..
      I did not know How warm knee boots tights and a skirt/dress can be.
      How when wearing a skirt/dress and heels you have to take smaller steps.Not my normal guy stride
      How you feet slide inside your boots when wearing hose.
      How when in heels there is a big difference between walking inside you house and outside.
      When in heels and breasts (mine are rice in stocking)how i better posture.
      How my heels will sink in grass or gravel.
      anyone else?

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Pockets are useless in most women’s jeans/pants.

Your bra is an excellent spot to stash a little cash!

Stiletto heels can and will get stuck in the cracks of a sidewalk.

Big boobs get in the way of everything!

Ashley
      Lady

I’ve experienced almost all those things Brandie & Emily!

When wearing a short skirt, sitting in a pose with legs together or crossed isn’t just cute, its necessary

Hook & Eye closures are simple in theory… obnoxious in practice.

Shapewear can do a lot for your confidence, even if it barely changes your silhouette. I never used to understand why some women feel like they need these… now I get it!

Anonymous

Hello Brandie

I find putting on make up is a joy, but keeping yourself looking good and staying pretty takes a lot of extra thought…a compact/ mirror is a vital fixture in my handbag

I now understand why girls are always in the ” powder room”.

Huggs, grace x

Anonymous

Sorry….needed to add….

Getting in and out of a car in a short skirt…

Now that’s an art form in itself!!!

Grace 💋

Krista
        Duchess

Hi Grace, I recently sold my corvette and let me tell you that you are so right; getting out of that car in a short skirt was definitely an art form.  No wonder my wife disliked that car.  It is now much easier getting out of my SUV, a simple turn and out I go.

Hugs, Krista

YEP!  I have a camaro…it is definitely an art form!!

Brandie
            Lady

Yep I have 2 mustang I feel your pains

Yes all of those but the one i didnt contemplate was the time it taakes to maintain my feminine appearance. Moisturizng each night, doing your makeup, nails, hair, shaving, it all takes time. But it is also reassuring of my femininty.

Emily
      Lady

How easily stockings get snagged and how frustrating that can be.
      How difficult and time consuming it can be to choose an outfit to go out. Why you need more than one style of bra.

How choosing the right “signature scent” can be a challenge and is so important.

Fun question! Thanks for asking it.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Dressing at home is wonderful.Going out is a whole new level of excitement. Things are different. Walking in heels is different. You are walking longer distances on often uneven pavement and maybe even softer ground. You need to pay attention to the surface you are walking on. Still, the clicking of your heels and how they look as you walk is definitely a must do experience. Then there is the gentle silky caress of your pantyhose on your legs as you walk. So wonderful. The cooler air under your dress is such a euphoric sensation. The gentle bouncing of your breast forms and you pretty hair gently blowing in a light breeze is all incredible to die for experiences.

To feel and experience those things is part of the great thrills and excitement of being a crossdresser.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

I di not realize how much trouble longer hair is!  😧.  Mine is only now just touching my shoulder and it’s a chore….  Definitely need a couple of wigs.

And I understand the phrase ” I don’t know what to wear ” soooo much better now!  Lol

Stevie

Stephanie Flowers
        Ambassador

Hair,,, wait till it reaches well beyond that,  down your back on to or passed our bra straps. The constant combing,  the brushing,   oh the tangles.  Putting it up in a bun, in ponytails or just leaving it down, off your face,  out of your eyes or just messy with no brush in hand. So much to do so much to take care of. What woman go through is such a nuisance and always a work in progress. So why do I do? Because I can,  I enjoy the look and certainly feels right.  Its a blessing and one I love.. 🌷🌷

Oh my.  So many things to learn and remember.  The years from about 7, after about 2 years with the same couple of dresses and shorts/tops, I began actually paying attention to how girls dressed in school and in the neighborhood.

How to get my first bras on, and then off again, without hanging myself.

Periods.

Having to keep concealer, foundation, blush and lipstick in  my purse at all times, because makeup in the 70’s and 80’s didn’t last as long as advertised.

Getting in and then out of a car, from both the driver and then the passenger seat.

First pairs of pantyhose.

Trying to close the back stay on garter belts while standing and turning in circles in front of a mirror.

The most comfortable position to sit in with your BF/GF/SO/Spouse for making out.

Remembering to let my date lead when slow dancing and that high heels can hurt your partner.

Gosh, so many things that eventually become second nature to most of us with time and practice.  I do believe we were multi-tasking long before the term was popular in general.  But through all the time and application process that our SO’s spent waiting for us to get ready made us appreciate them even more.

I have yet to make a man stand in the mall concourse or store, holding my purse while I travel to and from the clothing racks to the dressing rooms looking for that top or skirt or slacks that is just perfect.

PaulaF

Having ventured out to get some skin care products from the local CVS yesterday in preparation of my first attempt at applying some make up I was shocked at the price of basic things that I never would need as a guy. Moisturizer , make up removal pads , fake eye lashes , cosmetics … yikes! It’s a wonder any woman has any money at all after buying their monthly supplies.

I’ve also learned , to a degree , why it takes women so much longer to get ready to go out.

Anonymous

When I first experienced the pink fog the feelings inside were wonderful. The longer I go on, I realize that as a woman, I am going to have emotional bad days. Days when I feel not pretty no matter how much makeup you put on. Days when I don’t feel strong and need some alone time to have a good cry. And when I am feeling down, a negative comment cuts down to the soul. Thankfully there are great days when you feel strong, invincible, pure bliss and colors are brighter and you discover you have some extra dark chocolate in your purse!

Anonymous

Kay honey…..bad days???

you know you can chat to me and we can cry together, just bring yourself….

….and chocolate!!

biggest huggs, grace ❤️

The need for different styles and cuts of panties for so many different outfits and materials!

Brandie
      Lady

How hot your feet get wearing patient leather heels. Now i know why GG does the shoe dangle/play.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

I must add there is one great thing I’ve realized that I love.

I love going to the salon where the staff know Stevie!  Very, very much.  Looking for any  reason to go and be “me” and chat with the girls!   OMG, would have never thunk it.😂

Salon Stevie

Natalie
      Lady

I was always so curious why women need to carry so many things in her purse? Once I started going out in public en femme I quickly realized you need a place to put your wallet, keys, phone, make up, masks(2020) etc..plus 90 percent of women’s clothing has no pockets. Plus I learned the bag/purse is part of your outfit or look, I understand why women have so many different types of bags.

Brandie
      Lady

How good silky pantyhose feels on a freshly shaven legs.

How sore you legs and abs get having to sit and struggling keeping your legs together because you want to naturally sit like a guy.

You know, GG’s need to revisit the pantyhose/hosiery subject.  I see very few women that do it anymore.

Fresh shaved legs, silky hose and sliding on sexy shoes…mmmm

GG’s don’t know what they’re missing on that one. 👠👠💃

Jill Marshall
      Duchess

There are two things that stand out in my mind among the many I’m sure I took for granted. One, what a steady hand and soft touch, neither of which I was born with, are required for makeup.   Not only that, everything you do, you have to get right twice.  And second, how much goes into a look, from foundation to finishing details.  I became a secret admirer of someone who used to take the same train as me each morning.  It was a 6:14 AM train, and even with a morning routine that left time for making a pot of coffee and packing a lunch I would still wake up an hour before it.  But here boarding the train with me was woman with just wonderful taste in skirts and dresses and always impeccably put together.  Only from having tried myself to look half that good, even if everything went perfect I’d have to get up at 4:30 the latest to have any hope of making a train.  And I wouldn’t have had the choice to ride my bike there either!

Makeup for sure. Even after 30 years of playing with makeup, I still have difficulties. Especially with liquid eyeliner on the top and bottom. Thank god for q-tips.

I have SOOOO much more appreciation for women when they get dolled up now.

Like a lot have already said, the time and effort alone.  Shower and shave, moisturize, clothes, hair, nails, makeup, jewelry, etc.

Like Stevie said, now I know what a women means as she stares at an overpacked closet and says she has nothing to wear!  😳  Now I get it!!

The purse too…the pockets on womens clothes are useless, no wonder why her purse weighs 30 pounds, she’s gotta take half the bathroom and the medicine cabinet with her!!  Good grief!!

Robyn ❤️

walking down the stairs diagonally is a must,
      Bending at the knees always instead of the waist
      keeping your thighs together sitting
      standing, keeping your legs together
      walking in heels
      and so much more
      Regine

I remember after I retired from the military and grew my hair long, I found what my wife already knew about how long it took to dry, how heavy it was, and how hot it made me. I keep mine short now, but mostly for being too curly to deal with. Wigs are also hot. I’m also now learning about my face itching with makeup. Well itching in general: when a man has an itch, he scratches it, but it’s considered inappropriate for a woman to do so (maybe that’s why they don’t play baseball anymore? Jk…), and you can’t scratch your face with makeup on without causing a crisis.

For me, it was tights and hosiery. Women in media always make it look so simple to roll them up each leg. From experience, I have learned that is not the case.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Kimmie
        Lady

I agree. I have to be so careful putting on my tights and hose and how annoying it is when you get a run. Also, how lovely my shaved legs feel when I’m putting on my lotion.

I did not fully appreciate – indeed, still feel largely ignorant of the emotional and physical things women have had to put up with from men all of their lives.

I will never have all of those life-shaping experiences, as it’s clear that I’m a man who likes to present female, and I can get away with all sorts of things as I understand the male psyche reasonably well.

There is so much learning to do in female guise – every day is a school day. Lots of fun for me, but I understand that many women have had a pretty tough time.

Love Laura

They wear jeans, a t-shirt and trainers because they’re easier…

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?