- November 24, 2020 at 8:06 pm #410333Brandie NocholeParticipantRegistered On: October 6, 2020Topics: 22Replies: 28Has thanked: 260 timesBeen thanked: 480 times
Confusing title i know but i will give an example..
I did not know How warm knee boots tights and a skirt/dress can be.
How when wearing a skirt/dress and heels you have to take smaller steps.Not my normal guy stride
How you feet slide inside your boots when wearing hose.
How when in heels there is a big difference between walking inside you house and outside.
When in heels and breasts (mine are rice in stocking)how i better posture.
How my heels will sink in grass or gravel.
- November 26, 2020 at 10:51 am #410968Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 757Has thanked: 2425 timesBeen thanked: 3722 times
I did not fully appreciate – indeed, still feel largely ignorant of the emotional and physical things women have had to put up with from men all of their lives.
I will never have all of those life-shaping experiences, as it’s clear that I’m a man who likes to present female, and I can get away with all sorts of things as I understand the male psyche reasonably well.
There is so much learning to do in female guise – every day is a school day. Lots of fun for me, but I understand that many women have had a pretty tough time.
- November 26, 2020 at 5:42 am #410821MacKenzie AlexandraAmbassadorRegistered On: May 20, 2016Topics: 44Replies: 523Has thanked: 126 timesBeen thanked: 1070 times
- November 25, 2020 at 5:57 pm #410709Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 221Has thanked: 4332 timesBeen thanked: 1020 times
I remember after I retired from the military and grew my hair long, I found what my wife already knew about how long it took to dry, how heavy it was, and how hot it made me. I keep mine short now, but mostly for being too curly to deal with. Wigs are also hot. I’m also now learning about my face itching with makeup. Well itching in general: when a man has an itch, he scratches it, but it’s considered inappropriate for a woman to do so (maybe that’s why they don’t play baseball anymore? Jk…), and you can’t scratch your face with makeup on without causing a crisis.
- November 25, 2020 at 5:49 pm #410707Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 20Replies: 534Has thanked: 5618 timesBeen thanked: 2326 times
walking down the stairs diagonally is a must,
Bending at the knees always instead of the waist
keeping your thighs together sitting
standing, keeping your legs together
walking in heels
and so much more
- November 25, 2020 at 5:34 pm #410701Robyn DevineDuchessRegistered On: October 24, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 517Has thanked: 1618 timesBeen thanked: 2228 times
I have SOOOO much more appreciation for women when they get dolled up now.
Like a lot have already said, the time and effort alone. Shower and shave, moisturize, clothes, hair, nails, makeup, jewelry, etc.
Like Stevie said, now I know what a women means as she stares at an overpacked closet and says she has nothing to wear! 😳 Now I get it!!
The purse too…the pockets on womens clothes are useless, no wonder why her purse weighs 30 pounds, she’s gotta take half the bathroom and the medicine cabinet with her!! Good grief!!
- November 25, 2020 at 2:07 pm #410619Tabitha JamesLadyRegistered On: November 25, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 6Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 24 times
- November 25, 2020 at 1:58 pm #410616Jill MarshallDuchessRegistered On: June 28, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 35Has thanked: 43 timesBeen thanked: 200 times
There are two things that stand out in my mind among the many I’m sure I took for granted. One, what a steady hand and soft touch, neither of which I was born with, are required for makeup. Not only that, everything you do, you have to get right twice. And second, how much goes into a look, from foundation to finishing details. I became a secret admirer of someone who used to take the same train as me each morning. It was a 6:14 AM train, and even with a morning routine that left time for making a pot of coffee and packing a lunch I would still wake up an hour before it. But here boarding the train with me was woman with just wonderful taste in skirts and dresses and always impeccably put together. Only from having tried myself to look half that good, even if everything went perfect I’d have to get up at 4:30 the latest to have any hope of making a train. And I wouldn’t have had the choice to ride my bike there either!
- November 25, 2020 at 1:56 pm #410615Brandie NocholeLadyRegistered On: October 6, 2020Topics: 22Replies: 28Has thanked: 260 timesBeen thanked: 480 times
- November 25, 2020 at 5:26 pm #410697Robyn DevineDuchessRegistered On: October 24, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 517Has thanked: 1618 timesBeen thanked: 2228 times
You know, GG’s need to revisit the pantyhose/hosiery subject. I see very few women that do it anymore.
Fresh shaved legs, silky hose and sliding on sexy shoes…mmmm
GG’s don’t know what they’re missing on that one. 👠👠💃
- November 25, 2020 at 10:35 am #410549Natalie MooreLadyRegistered On: June 3, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 60Has thanked: 189 timesBeen thanked: 426 times
I was always so curious why women need to carry so many things in her purse? Once I started going out in public en femme I quickly realized you need a place to put your wallet, keys, phone, make up, masks(2020) etc..plus 90 percent of women’s clothing has no pockets. Plus I learned the bag/purse is part of your outfit or look, I understand why women have so many different types of bags.
- November 25, 2020 at 9:49 am #410532Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 37Replies: 799Has thanked: 3888 timesBeen thanked: 4244 times
I must add there is one great thing I’ve realized that I love.
I love going to the salon where the staff know Stevie! Very, very much. Looking for any reason to go and be “me” and chat with the girls! OMG, would have never thunk it.😂
- November 25, 2020 at 8:42 am #410508Brandie NocholeLadyRegistered On: October 6, 2020Topics: 22Replies: 28Has thanked: 260 timesBeen thanked: 480 times
- November 25, 2020 at 8:27 am #410503Rei DurdenBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: October 11, 2020Topics: 19Replies: 791Has thanked: 4885 timesBeen thanked: 3194 times
- November 25, 2020 at 5:56 am #410455AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 19Replies: 701Has thanked: 8063 timesBeen thanked: 3829 times
When I first experienced the pink fog the feelings inside were wonderful. The longer I go on, I realize that as a woman, I am going to have emotional bad days. Days when I feel not pretty no matter how much makeup you put on. Days when I don’t feel strong and need some alone time to have a good cry. And when I am feeling down, a negative comment cuts down to the soul. Thankfully there are great days when you feel strong, invincible, pure bliss and colors are brighter and you discover you have some extra dark chocolate in your purse!
- November 25, 2020 at 5:19 am #410440Rikki JonesDuchessRegistered On: September 2, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 24Has thanked: 379 timesBeen thanked: 159 times
Having ventured out to get some skin care products from the local CVS yesterday in preparation of my first attempt at applying some make up I was shocked at the price of basic things that I never would need as a guy. Moisturizer , make up removal pads , fake eye lashes , cosmetics … yikes! It’s a wonder any woman has any money at all after buying their monthly supplies.
I’ve also learned , to a degree , why it takes women so much longer to get ready to go out.
- November 25, 2020 at 5:07 am #410437Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 31Replies: 728Has thanked: 206 timesBeen thanked: 2205 times
The same thing I still don’t don’t know. With all the pretty things that they get to wear why do they seem to want to wear nothing but jeans,shirts, and sneakers.
- November 25, 2020 at 6:04 pm #410712Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 221Has thanked: 4332 timesBeen thanked: 1020 times
They wear jeans, a t-shirt and trainers because they’re easier…
1 user thanked author for this post.
- November 26, 2020 at 5:00 am #410817Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 31Replies: 728Has thanked: 206 timesBeen thanked: 2205 times
“They wear jeans, a t-shirt and trainers because they’re easier…”
Sorry but I disagree. I can slip on a dress and step into a pair of pumps quicker and easier than I can put on a pair of jeans,shirt,and sneakers and find the dress to be a lot more comfortable.
- November 25, 2020 at 4:24 am #410428Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 816Has thanked: 6248 timesBeen thanked: 3173 times
Oh my. So many things to learn and remember. The years from about 7, after about 2 years with the same couple of dresses and shorts/tops, I began actually paying attention to how girls dressed in school and in the neighborhood.
How to get my first bras on, and then off again, without hanging myself.
Having to keep concealer, foundation, blush and lipstick in my purse at all times, because makeup in the 70’s and 80’s didn’t last as long as advertised.
Getting in and then out of a car, from both the driver and then the passenger seat.
First pairs of pantyhose.
Trying to close the back stay on garter belts while standing and turning in circles in front of a mirror.
The most comfortable position to sit in with your BF/GF/SO/Spouse for making out.
Remembering to let my date lead when slow dancing and that high heels can hurt your partner.
Gosh, so many things that eventually become second nature to most of us with time and practice. I do believe we were multi-tasking long before the term was popular in general. But through all the time and application process that our SO’s spent waiting for us to get ready made us appreciate them even more.
I have yet to make a man stand in the mall concourse or store, holding my purse while I travel to and from the clothing racks to the dressing rooms looking for that top or skirt or slacks that is just perfect.
- November 25, 2020 at 4:23 am #410427Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 37Replies: 799Has thanked: 3888 timesBeen thanked: 4244 times
I di not realize how much trouble longer hair is! 😧. Mine is only now just touching my shoulder and it’s a chore…. Definitely need a couple of wigs.
And I understand the phrase ” I don’t know what to wear ” soooo much better now! Lol
- November 25, 2020 at 5:37 am #410449Stephanie FlowersAmbassadorRegistered On: June 26, 2017Topics: 25Replies: 4659Has thanked: 7847 timesBeen thanked: 7902 times
Hair,,, wait till it reaches well beyond that, down your back on to or passed our bra straps. The constant combing, the brushing, oh the tangles. Putting it up in a bun, in ponytails or just leaving it down, off your face, out of your eyes or just messy with no brush in hand. So much to do so much to take care of. What woman go through is such a nuisance and always a work in progress. So why do I do? Because I can, I enjoy the look and certainly feels right. Its a blessing and one I love.. 🌷🌷
- November 25, 2020 at 3:58 am #410421GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 555Has thanked: 5234 timesBeen thanked: 2342 times
Did not realize how much time and effort goes into making a feminine persona. Also, for many GG’s, a family and home to look after…
- November 25, 2020 at 3:07 am #410406Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1507Has thanked: 1100 timesBeen thanked: 3887 times
Dressing at home is wonderful.Going out is a whole new level of excitement. Things are different. Walking in heels is different. You are walking longer distances on often uneven pavement and maybe even softer ground. You need to pay attention to the surface you are walking on. Still, the clicking of your heels and how they look as you walk is definitely a must do experience. Then there is the gentle silky caress of your pantyhose on your legs as you walk. So wonderful. The cooler air under your dress is such a euphoric sensation. The gentle bouncing of your breast forms and you pretty hair gently blowing in a light breeze is all incredible to die for experiences.
To feel and experience those things is part of the great thrills and excitement of being a crossdresser.
- November 25, 2020 at 2:12 am #410397EmilyLadyRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 19Replies: 726Has thanked: 3924 timesBeen thanked: 2259 times
How easily stockings get snagged and how frustrating that can be.
How difficult and time consuming it can be to choose an outfit to go out. Why you need more than one style of bra.
How choosing the right “signature scent” can be a challenge and is so important.
Fun question! Thanks for asking it.
- November 25, 2020 at 1:01 am #410385Julie CarsonLadyRegistered On: October 26, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 37Has thanked: 644 timesBeen thanked: 149 times
Yes all of those but the one i didnt contemplate was the time it taakes to maintain my feminine appearance. Moisturizng each night, doing your makeup, nails, hair, shaving, it all takes time. But it is also reassuring of my femininty.
- November 25, 2020 at 1:00 am #410384Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 50Replies: 1431Has thanked: 6674 timesBeen thanked: 7933 times
Sorry….needed to add….
Getting in and out of a car in a short skirt…
Now that’s an art form in itself!!!
- November 25, 2020 at 11:51 am #410583KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 308Has thanked: 434 timesBeen thanked: 1184 times
Hi Grace, I recently sold my corvette and let me tell you that you are so right; getting out of that car in a short skirt was definitely an art form. No wonder my wife disliked that car. It is now much easier getting out of my SUV, a simple turn and out I go.
- November 25, 2020 at 12:26 am #410380Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 50Replies: 1431Has thanked: 6674 timesBeen thanked: 7933 times
I find putting on make up is a joy, but keeping yourself looking good and staying pretty takes a lot of extra thought…a compact/ mirror is a vital fixture in my handbag
I now understand why girls are always in the ” powder room”.
Huggs, grace x
- November 25, 2020 at 12:02 am #410377AshleyLadyRegistered On: May 25, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 188Has thanked: 529 timesBeen thanked: 631 times
I’ve experienced almost all those things Brandie & Emily!
When wearing a short skirt, sitting in a pose with legs together or crossed isn’t just cute, its necessary
Hook & Eye closures are simple in theory… obnoxious in practice.
Shapewear can do a lot for your confidence, even if it barely changes your silhouette. I never used to understand why some women feel like they need these… now I get it!
- November 24, 2020 at 10:27 pm #410368Emily AltDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 10Replies: 433Has thanked: 374 timesBeen thanked: 1967 times
Pockets are useless in most women’s jeans/pants.
Your bra is an excellent spot to stash a little cash!
Stiletto heels can and will get stuck in the cracks of a sidewalk.
Big boobs get in the way of everything!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.