Viewing 39 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hello. Just curious what do others do with the hair on their arms. Being that I have dark hair, the hair on my arms stands out. Just curious how others have solved this problem.

Thanks, Jessica

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Jessica.

I’ve shaved my arms before and liked the look but being lazy, after a while I let it grow back and now keep it cut close with an electric razor which is fast and easy to maintain.

Anonymous

Cool. How close to you go?

Anonymous
          Lady

I use the smallest spacer on the electric razor which leaves it about a quarter inch long. I don’t have a lot of hair on my arms and its more brown than black so it doesn’t show much.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I shave mine too along with my legs, all the way down ,  an electric razor keeps it in check. Another check I do is to sit with a bright light on areas and that shows up errant strands that have missed the main event.

Anonymous

Good to know. Thanks, Jessica

Simple : two words;

shave them ( with electric razor or trimmer) if you use a blade you’re bound to cut your wrist knuckle, learned from experience

Anonymous

Oh my. I will keep that in the back of my mind. Thanks, Jessica

Ink. Full sleeves on both arms make arm hair almost impossible to detect. Not for everyone, I admit! 🙂

I also have light hair on light skin so it never looked super obvious anyway. I’ve shaved for a cleaner look a number of times, but it’s not part of my routine.

I use an electric razor several times a week, as close as the razor goes, keeps it nice and smooth. You have keep it close as the hairs, or stubble, are coarser when they grow back.

Hugs, Ms. Lauren M

I use an electric razor and keep it very close.  Then it’s barely noticeable in dresses.

Nobody has ever commented on my arms or legs   Not that I would even care.

Susan.

Anonymous

Such a great mindset and attitude 🙂 Thanks

I usually just shave them, like the rest of me

Kate

I keep the under side of my arms shaved smooth along with my hands the rest of my arms I use a trimmer with a #2 clipper that leaves enough for male mode but also works when I’m presenting female. Good luck

Anonymous

Thanks Jill. I was wondering about doing the same. I just didnt know what number to use. 🙂

Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual

Odd I just looked at my arms today when going into the shower and it’s past time. I use a beard trimmer and set it at #2, I have light color hair so when it’s short like that it looks natural. Most women have hair on there arms it’s just finer and doesn’t show as much.

Good luck,

Sherri

Smartina
        Duchess

This is my preferred options for my arms, for the same reason. Everywhere else is shaved or waxed, but I have some fine golden downy hairs on my arms that I’m quite fond of. Just trimming these leaves that golden sheen in place. It’s cheap battery trimmer rather than the full barber’s machine, and I use it only on my arms and nowhere else.

Hi! What brand/make trimmer please and is setting #2 a universal height? Somehow I don’t think so even though a couple of answers have said setting two. My SO, but mostly, my social crowd would notice if I was completely shaved so that is out.

Best, Marlene.

Anonymous

Hello Marlene,

Many of the beard trimmers in the stores now come with different clipper attachments. They are numbered. My comes with a #2 and a #3. After reading the reply’s I tried my #3 last night. Still longer then I want, so I’ll probably try the #2 soon.

Thanks,
          Jeff

I have some arm hair, not too noticeable. I shave my forearms once a week; paying special attention to the wrists.

Hi Jessica i shave my arms, not as often i should do though, I did shave them a few nights ago so they are quite smooth at the moment X

Hugs Rozalyn X 🎀

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I got full body laser a few years ago.  90% hair free.  The few remaining hairs grow very slow.  I whack them about once a month with a razor.

Every time I shave my face I shave my arms and legs
      No one has ever mentioned it. In general I do not think people notice the small things that might make us nervious. If they do good for them. I don’t care.

Anonymous

Thanks Michelle.  I bet you are correct about people noticing.  It’s great to think a different way about these things and get into a new mindset. 🙂

Dead right Michelle it’s the only way, people aren’t looking at you to see where you shaved or not.
        xx

Anonymous

Besides that, the only ones who will notice are other CDs! 😉

Hugs,

Holly

J J
      Lady

Sounds like I am the only one to epilate the hair on my arms. I do it every week or three. Not stubble and all the shaving issues. It is growing back thinner and thinner.

Hi Jessica
      Quite simply I keep my body hair free all the time, it’s never seen any different to that.
      Sarah xx

Anonymous

Hi Jessica.

I shave them smooth, because that way I don’t have to worry about hair growing back up for quite some time. I keep a straight razor and a can of shaving cream in the shower and typically just go lightly over them every few days, which seems to work just fine for me.

Hugs,

Holly

Let it be but mine is pretty fine.

Hairy hugs & regular kisses,
      W.

I have lasered most of my hair just a quick go over with the raser once a month

I will trim it with electric razor most of the time about 1/2 inch sometimes will take it to 1/4 inch. If going to multi day events I will shave arms. Wife does not like my hair being gone so try to walk a happy medium keeping it trimmed at shorter length nothing to long.

Weird how I have become more eager to want it shaved and or very short I just don’t like dressing and seeing noticeable Chewbacca arms. Wish my hair was not dark either but do the best I can to have a balance and keep the wife happy also.

Anonymous

I couldn’t agree more April.  I know I will have to do the balance with my wife at some point.

Yes at times I would like to do more  or maybe dress a few days in a row but for me I need to go all the way when I dress not just have some clothes on. And wife is trying her best to be supportive and she wants to see and is attracted to her man not seeing the feminine side a whole lot. Its a balance for sure.

Long sleeves which is greatly limiting.  So many femme are 3/4 sleeve and my arms are a bit long anyway.

I get my arms waxed, along with my chest, stomach, back, and legs. Below the neck, I only shave my armpit and under boxer briefs where they won’t wax me.

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi Jessica,

The hair on my arms isn’t dark but there’s too much of it so to make a long story short, I just shave my arms. I’m good for 2-3 days so, for me, it’s not a big deal. Thanks for the post.

Trish 💖

i just shave my arms smooth and have done so for a very long time.  It makes sense for me as i almost always wear 3/4 length sleeves.   i could not imagine having hair there now.

Leonara
      Ambassador

Age and light hair has its advantages…arms and torso are shaved every two weeks and I can’t  remember the last time I shaved the legs.. facial hair,  electric razor once a day and twice, if I get dressed in the evening lol Regards, Leonara

Epilator (silk epil 9) at first it’s painful. But it grows back slower and thinner. Only have to maintain about once every three weeks now for smooth arms and legs

Not having dark hair I have been lucky, also I have very little hair on my arms and legs, my head is where it all has gone. I’ve mostly gone to salons to get hair cuts, mostly because lack of a barber shop nearby. All the stylist want to wash my hair and ask why I hair the best hair a women would ever want. They are right! Lack of hair where I don’t want it, and lots where one would.
      As for dark hair on arms of a woman I’ve never really been turned off by it. I have known several ladies with dark arm hair and it doesn’t seem to bother them.

Anonymous

Thanks Lisa. I too have been told that women would be jealous by the hair on my head. They say it is so think. Many women have also told me that they would kill for my eyelashes too.

To me it is just proof (if not just to myself) that I was meant to be a woman. After all it looks as if I have the genes for it! No leg or arm hair even my underarms is very fine and slight!
          I am upset that ever since I had chemotherapy (2018) I started growing hair on my chest! WTF is up with that! So I do have to shave that area of my body.

Lisa Leigh

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

shave my arms almost daily

Cassie

I’ll shave my arms normally but if I haven’t I’ll wear long sleeves.

I use an epilator, it stings but it will remove unwanted hair and lasts longer than shaving. After a time the hair will begin to not grow and will become finer. Hope this helps. Hugs Allysa

I use hair remover with aloe in it. Works well and lasts a long time.

Anonymous

Update:

So I decided to try the #2 trimmer approach since the SO still wants to see hair on me. 🙂
      I am happy with the results so far. It would be better if my hair was somewhat lighter.

New Question:
      Has anyone ever bleach/changed the hair color on their arms? I am wondering if that is a best fit for me.

Thanks, Jessica

Don’t forget to shave ( with electric razor!) the hair on the back of your hands.DO NOT use a blade razor! It will cut you all to hell

Anonymous

For sure. Thanks

Anonymous

I’m shaving every other day or so until I can get around to getting Laser. I’m busy getting my legs done at the moment and it’s pricey enough that I’m doing one part at a time.

— Abbie 🥰

When necessary shave the arms, and use hair removal cream on the hands which are hard to shave with all those knuckles!

B x

Anonymous

I need to start doing this, I have the stuff too, just totally forgot and have been shaving around all those lumpy bones lol.

— Abbie 🥰

Becka
      Lady

Mine does not stand out too much, but it’s there and the only body hair I have not removed. I would like to, but I know my wife would really flip!

One of the advantages of getting old is that my heavy dark furry arms are now gray. My wife is fine with the hair trimmed but not gone so I use a trimmer set for a close trim at !.6mm and that leaves enough hair for her but the gray hair is not very noticeable.

Christy
      Lady

Epilator and shaving

Julie
      Lady

For now I shave off as much hair as I can with a specific rechargeable shaver.

I’m an anti hair person for me but understand each person has there own situation.

Blessed with very blonde hair I shave. Sometimes I use a razor but most often I use a good Braun electric shaver. I know, the light blonde is not fair to those with dark hair but sure is nice. I can mix up colors easily for my brows too.

Sandy

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?