- March 25, 2021 at 5:43 am #468887Tonya LerenParticipantRegistered On: January 5, 2021Topics: 23Replies: 223Has thanked: 635 timesBeen thanked: 1094 times
My SO got a new purse yesterday and gave me the one she has had for only a week lol, it’s a Cheshire cat purse with a reversible top to it. And while I haven’t started filling it, yet it made me curious as to what the necessities, of you ladies are. I can be sure my wallet, a hairbrush, probably since hair ties, and when I figure out what make-up will be a go to I’ll keep that in there as well. So how about it tell me girls what’s c in your purse 🤔
- March 26, 2021 at 3:05 pm #469576Gabriela RomaniManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 11, 2021Topics: 84Replies: 165Has thanked: 125 timesBeen thanked: 787 times
My phone, my keys (car, home, office), my wallet with cards and cash, hair brushes, scrunchie, perfume, cigarettes, lighter (I know, I know), ankle socks, makeup bag (with lipsticks, translucent powder, makeup brushes, mascara, eyeliner, blusher, a couple extra facemasks, driving glasses, extra glasses (after my incident losing my glasses a few weeks ago!) extra earrings… I think that’s all. Not a lethal weapon by any means, unless I swing it hard on somebody’s head!
- March 25, 2021 at 9:54 pm #469219Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 14Replies: 1075Has thanked: 14513 timesBeen thanked: 4264 times
I use two different styles of purse: a smallish, cross body style, or a traditional handbag.
The crossbody is for going out on errands or dates in the evenings, etc. It will hold more than it looks like it would. Usual contents include: drivers license, debit card and hotel room card if I am out of town, all fit in one small pocket. Cellphone in another pocket, lipstick, blush, concealer and foundation for touch ups. Protection ( both latex and steel), some cash, a brush, head scarf and face mask, and at least 2 tampons and panty liners for girls in distress in the bathroom. And pepper gel.
The bigger handbag will carry all of that plus a matching clutch, extra makeup, and still have room for small items I might purchase.
I never put my car keys in either purse, they get hard to find in the dark, especially if I have been out to the clubs. I hide my keys inside the car and clip the lock fob somewhere on my clothing in an unobtrusive place that is easy to reach and locate in the dark.
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Paula F.
- March 26, 2021 at 5:53 am #469339
- March 25, 2021 at 9:00 pm #469210Vanessa ?LadyRegistered On: September 26, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 50Has thanked: 11 timesBeen thanked: 272 times
Current contents: Makeup bag, mirror, a few stray lipstick tubes that didn’t fit in the makeup bag, second pair of glasses I like to wear when dressing up (currently just readers that looked nice, but I’ll be getting my actual prescription lenses in them soon!), some perfume that I wear occasionally, condoms, lube.
Added when I go out dressed: Keys, wallet, phone (though a lot of the time I just keep that in my hand), water bottle, sometimes an umbrella (it’s one of the fold-up ones and juuuust small enough to fit, albeit with the handle poking out a bit!)
- March 25, 2021 at 8:05 pm #469198Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1322Has thanked: 3794 timesBeen thanked: 3689 times
Quite a lot, and I’ll try to list it!
Of course wallet, car keys, house and garage keys, driving license, health card, reading glasses, sun glasses, hairbrush, a book to read when waiting, cell phone, and bandaids. Also a tampon, in case another lady finds herself in need, and some alcohol wipes. The last came about when I was using the Ladies one day and a young woman was in there trying very great difficulty to remove some goo from her fingers, and I felt bad I could not help her that I went into a store and bought some in case it ever happens again. I felt like I was a mother figure to her and was very sad to let her down.
I’m sure I have more than that, but I cannot think of it right now.
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Amy Myers.
- March 25, 2021 at 7:29 pm #469186Erica Jo DownsLadyRegistered On: March 25, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 38Has thanked: 23 timesBeen thanked: 104 times
- March 25, 2021 at 7:16 pm #469169Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 902Has thanked: 12700 timesBeen thanked: 3341 times
I now actually have 3 bags, all more or less same size class, a Gloria Vanderbilt, a Coach, and a Kate Spade. I keep a card clip (even in drab i no longer carry a regular male wallet), money clip (they both go in an inside pocket), a wig brush, lippy, touch up makeup, a compact, a nail file, a tweezers, tin of Altoids, super bright flashlight, car key (i almost never carry a house key, as the house is almost never actually locked except at night) a couple masks, a couple hankies, spare hose (if appropriate), sun glasses. And try to keep other crap from accumulating.
Every time someone asks this question, my list gets longer…
Bridgette…apparently now in weight training!
- March 25, 2021 at 5:58 pm #469143Sandy JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 22Replies: 479Has thanked: 973 timesBeen thanked: 2172 times
I myself don’t carry a weapon or other protection, as so far I only go out in daylight and locations I feel are safe. The only thing I have not seen mentioned here is a feminine hygiene product. In several threads here in the past it was suggested to carry a feminine pad or tampon. If you are in need of ‘the facilities’ and a GG goes into the stall next to you and after a minute asks you if you have one of these products you can spare you might be able to come to her rescue.
- March 25, 2021 at 5:32 pm #469120Cynthia DuboisLadyRegistered On: August 17, 2017Topics: 13Replies: 66Has thanked: 74 timesBeen thanked: 328 times
Besides what everyone else has already mentioned, I also carry a small flashlight (nothing worse than fumbling with keys on a dark porch or in a dark parking lot), reading glasses, mints, and spare car keys. Although now I’m realizing that I should also have some sort of protection in there too.
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Cynthia Dubois.
- March 25, 2021 at 7:01 pm #469162Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 902Has thanked: 12700 timesBeen thanked: 3341 times
You’d be amazed at how much protection a flashlight can afford, if it’s really bright and has a flash setting. Totally legal, totally non lethal. I picked one also that has what you might call a DNA collector on it… very rough area where skin may collect if it hits someone really hard. Not heavy either.
- March 25, 2021 at 2:59 pm #469071Jamie PeridotLadyRegistered On: February 19, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 264Has thanked: 1549 timesBeen thanked: 786 times
Hi Tonya! As you know I haven’t been out in public but if I did carry a purse it would have tissues, keys, lipstick, ladies wallet, and (since I am not martial arts trained😉😘) a S&W M&P in 9mm.🤗
- March 25, 2021 at 3:03 pm #469073BillieJayManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: September 21, 2018Topics: 501Replies: 147Has thanked: 269 timesBeen thanked: 496 times
- March 25, 2021 at 5:45 pm #469133Lucinda HawknsLadyRegistered On: September 1, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 1306Has thanked: 79 timesBeen thanked: 1504 times
now that is the way to go and carry and put in your purse. I would keep a gun in my purse too, but also the regular stuff a real woman would keep in her purse, make up. brush, pads. never now when you need one.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- March 25, 2021 at 2:29 pm #469063Leah SantiniLadyRegistered On: January 5, 2018Topics: 30Replies: 128Has thanked: 80 timesBeen thanked: 499 times
Okay, need a bit of education.
What’s the difference between a purse and a handbag? Size?
I carry a boatload of stuff around with me; wallet, phone, sunglasses, small notebook and pen, hair clips, lipstick (three different shades), tissues, disposable gloves (a recent addition), compact mirror, measuring tape, car/house keys.
- March 25, 2021 at 3:16 pm #469087Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 1112Has thanked: 3645 timesBeen thanked: 5365 times
A purse is a small bag, traditionally with a small clasp, used primarily for putting money in.
A handbag usually has a popper fastener and an “envelope” style, such that the opening forms a kind of large pocket – and can range in size from practically purse size to satchel size.
Handbags have a handle either side, and often a shoulder strap, which may be stored inside the handbag for convenience and flexibility of use – but they are not shoulder bags, which tend to be bigger. Shoulder bags are for keeping flats and cardigans in.
The handbag with shoulder strap sits comfortably at waist level, enabling easy access, and a level of security, given it can only open from the side facing and against the body.
The handbag seems to be quintessentially English, and I love handbags – I have several, including my favourite turquoise bag decorated with flamingos.
My flamingo bag
I have a thing for flamingos.
A flamingo thing…
- March 25, 2021 at 3:46 pm #469099
- March 25, 2021 at 2:59 pm #469070Shannon MarxDuchessRegistered On: March 11, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 50Has thanked: 299 timesBeen thanked: 252 times
- March 25, 2021 at 4:57 pm #469116Leah SantiniLadyRegistered On: January 5, 2018Topics: 30Replies: 128Has thanked: 80 timesBeen thanked: 499 times
The tape measure is a quick way to approximate waist size for skirts and pants. I can’t always trust the indicated size. I know my waist size so lay the skirt flat and see if the width is half my waist
doesn’t always work, but has worked more times than not. Also good for heel height and dress length.
- March 25, 2021 at 1:57 pm #469049Alicen ThairmsLadyRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 34Replies: 318Has thanked: 1181 timesBeen thanked: 773 times
Usually – a small pack of tissues, a notebook & pen, glasses, (in the summer sunglasses) slimline digital camera. Also wallet & keys. I usually have the keys on a key chain attached to the handbag to ensure I don’t lose them 🙂
- March 25, 2021 at 9:54 am #468979Haley AnnLadyRegistered On: October 12, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 113Has thanked: 105 timesBeen thanked: 546 times
If I’m going to carry a purse, I’m carrying my Coach because it has the room for what we all need to carry in today’s world. Wallet, keys, the three Ls (lipstick, lotion, lube), a condom, and my Smith & Wesson .40 cal M&P.
Hate crime victim? Not if I can help it😉
- March 25, 2021 at 7:38 am #468938Diana StocktonLadyRegistered On: September 6, 2015Topics: 0Replies: 7Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 15 times
I do travel a lot en femme and accidents happen when out. So I carry:
- hair brush
- Wallet with only DL and a credit card
- Face Powder for when I am dewing
- Perfume I sometimes forget to put it on before I leave just a small sample size
- Extra Stick on Fingernails pre-painted with adhesive tabs in case one fell off
- Extra Panty hose for that run that ruins your day
- Band Aids for that blister when wearing my 3 inch heals
- Car keys
- March 25, 2021 at 7:34 am #468937LadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 1112Has thanked: 3645 timesBeen thanked: 5365 times
Because I am English, I keep only money in my purse, and I keep my purse in my handbag, with my bank card, phone, vape, compact, lippy, hotel and car keys.
That sucker stays very close to me at all times 😄
I put receipts in there too, which is a terrible mistake, as I then end up rummaging through them to find my bank card, which always finds a hiding place in its nest of receipts.
My handbag has a little zippered compartment which is ideal for cards, but I don’t use it properly – or forget it’s there after buying stuff, or something, because the second time I want my bank card, I can never find it!
I think it looks out of the compartment, sees the comfy looking receipts, and jumps out of its own accord…
- March 25, 2021 at 6:28 am #468901Shannon MarxDuchessRegistered On: March 11, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 50Has thanked: 299 timesBeen thanked: 252 times
- March 25, 2021 at 6:09 am #468895IsabelBDuchessRegistered On: March 18, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 300Has thanked: 756 timesBeen thanked: 918 times
The language difference over the Atlantic…
I read the title and thought – money and cards, what else?
As for my handbag, well, usually lipstick, powder, hairbrush, tissues, phone, keys, possibly a scrunchie and, of course, my purse!
- March 25, 2021 at 5:55 am #468892Sandy HoneyLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 143Has thanked: 84 timesBeen thanked: 671 times
I keep a hairbrush, powder foundation with mirror, lipstick, hand sanitizer, kleenex, wallet, extra press on nails, nail file, car keys and a 9mm. Just the basics…
- March 25, 2021 at 5:51 am #468889Andi DuBoisLadyRegistered On: January 7, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 92Has thanked: 114 timesBeen thanked: 402 times
I don’t have one (yet) but the bare minimum of what I need to take with me when I leave the house is car & house keys, money, debit card, driving license, asthma inhaler and brush if wearing a wig.
With the exception of the brush (which I don’t need anyway) the remainder stuff into jeans/trouser pockets when in drab mode.
- March 25, 2021 at 7:22 pm #469178LadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 902Has thanked: 12700 timesBeen thanked: 3341 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.