Viewing 20 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I bought a lovely gloss red lipstick a few minutes ago.  It was only when I got home that I realised that none of my nail varnish matches.  Does it matter?  What do you girls like to do?

I like for all 3 to match if I am going out for the evening with friends to maybe dancing or dinner or movie.  If I’m just going to go out an shop and knock around a little, it’s not super important that I do match, as long as I feel good about how I am looking.  Sometimes I may end up like some younger girls and go for a different color on each finger and toe.  That just shows I am in a good mood and looking for a little enjoyment being out.

PaulaF

I’ll try to match my colors but am not always successful.

Alice

Marianne
      Ambassador

I rarely use nail polish as I can usually only wear it for a limited period of time and it is much work to remove it completely, which is a demand of my wife who doesn’t want to be reminded of Marianne’s existence.

It is very rare that I use nail varnish.  I never did my toes for several reasons.  I don’t have shoes to show them off.  And because I do take my socks off at times in front of others (I used to change socks at work at the gym; nowadays I take off my socks for a Pilates class at work), I’m not going to expose painted toenails.  I really see no need for painted toenails.

I don’t paint my fingernails either because of the limited time before I have to be back in boy mode.  I usually only have a few hours to get ready, and have to take it off by the next morning anyway.  I don’t have the time for it to cure.  Sure the surface is dry, but as soon as I reach into something (a pocket, or my purse) the polish starts to peel or shift because the undersurface was still not dry.  Then it’s a rush job to fix, but it never fixes just right, and now has even less time to fully dry, a real downward spiral.  It’s just not worth the hassle.

The very few times I do use nail polish, I don’t try to match them to anything else, although I might make sure they don’t clash.

Scarlett398
      Princess

There are always some things old Scarlett here will always match up. The first is really red lipstick with really red nail polish. The match is always spot on with Maybelline #635 Very Cherry Lipstick (which they stopped making so I stocked up with about 10 tubes of it right before it all disppeared and I match is with Revlon’s #505 nail polish – finger and toes – the toes if I’m wearing open toe dress heels!

The other thing, if ya look real close at my photos that I always match up is my fashion jewelry. It’s either gonna be all gold or all silver – never a mixture of both. Keeping the fashion jewerly matching adds to the classiness of my photos – same with the lipstick and nail polish match as well!

Love y’all! XOXOXO Scarlett

Anonymous

Ideally I would like everything to match where possible.  Do you know if any of the makeup manufacturers have a ‘matching chart’ so that a customer knows which lipstick matches which nail varnish.  Or is it simply a case of trial and error?

Scarlett398
      Princess

Darn, I sure should have read that resonse before I hit the “Send” button! There’s two or three really stupid mistakes in there for sure! I’ll do better with the next response! I wish they had a way to edit these responses!

XOXO Scarlett

Leonara
      Ambassador

Marianne,
      I commiserate with you. I love to wear polished nails too. However, my SO would not approve.
      So I have to polish my nails only when the opportunity presents itself. Leonara

Anonymous

I’m in exactly the same position as you, Leonara.  I LOVE wearing nail varnish but can’t polish my nails very often.

Anonymous

I didn’t make a conscious to match them, but when I began doing my nails, my favorite turned out to be a pale pink, about the same shade as my lipstick. Toes are flaming red, but not seen in public.

Anonymous

I always try to match my lips, fingernails and toenails,I think that is a sign of a well cared for woman. If I have the time I try to also match my outfit, matched to my dress or my skirt as my sweaters and coats are rather in line with pastel colors. Of course red is my favorite color as it does stand out more.

Kimmie
      Lady

In truth, I’ve never used nail polish on my fingers or toes, though I have used lipstick on occasion. When I was young, I would steal a cigarette from my father and, when I had alone dressing time, I’d put on lipstick (always RED) and smoke the cigarette so I could see the lipstick ring on the cigarette.

I personally don’t like a shade of lipstick that is darker than the pink lipstick that I wear. I just feel comfortable with the pink shade and lip gloss and I have the confidence to go out in public knowing that I don’t stand out looking out of place. Let’s face it. Lipstick is the first thing that is noticed on a girls face and if the shade you are wearing takes away from the way that you are presenting yourself, its counter productive. I feel that the darker shades of  lipstick are fine for some of us but definitely not for me

I cant not agree with you more red lip stick and nails are awesome ! kind of reminds me of Marilyn Monroe!   Gee I am ancient !

Anonymous

I just love pink and if I am wearing some of my lighter or brighter pinks I use a lipstick to match.     My nails are typically a lighter mauve color with these pinks.   When I am wearing dark colors like my skater dress untypical go with a darker mauve lipstick that matches my finger and toe nail polish which I like to match

Anonymous

Wanted to add one more comment as to lipstick.     I was in Target and had my typical mauve lipstick on as I described earlier and the cashier told me she loved the color of my lipstick.   Ahhhhh acceptance and validation. Tee hee

Mix or match for me.

Can’t say I worry much about this.

Lipstick is lipstick and I feel this choice has more to do with my mood and makeup.

Toenails are more a mood of the day and if my toes show I will paint toes.

Fingers would be the biggest possibility to match and likely more about what I wear. Concern most that fingernail color does not clash with what I’m wearing.

Sandy

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I like to have my dresses and shoes match, compliment each other and show off my legs in a flattering way. I often buy dresses to match shoes I have or vise versa.

I like my nails and toes to match. I prefer pink and red and at times clear polish. Pretty nails are so important and so are the toes

I like to match my lip color with at least one accessory. Handbag ,shoes ,waistband etc. And my nails definitely must match my lipstick shade.

I mostly like them to match but I just got a metallic blue nail varnish I’m dying to try.

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?