• This topic has 57 replies, 53 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nancy.
Viewing 53 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi ladies!

One of the most wonderful parts of being a woman is the fact that women have sooo many more choices when it comes to clothes, styles, and fashion. Let’s face it, for the most part, men’s clothing is pretty boring. That’s one of the benefits of being a crossdresser, we get to wear all those lovely things that women do!

One of my very favorite things to wear is a pretty dress. Why? For me it’s simple, they are the epitome of femininity. I absolutely LOVE wearing dresses! To me there is nothing more feminine than a woman wearing a pretty dress, and if that woman is me, that’s even better! I love the way a dress fits, how it flows across my body, how it feels as it moves as I walk, how the wind feels as it blows across my legs and up my dress, and all those lovely feelings.

So my question is this, do you like wearing dresses or skirts and cute tops more?

Hugs,

Holly

I voted dresses. I have nothing against skirts but have yet to find one that suits me in the same way that some dresses do

I voted skirts and tops as it allows me to have so much versatility with my wardrobe. I can wear different combinations and always feel new and fresh. Easier to mix and match accessories without being to over or under dressed as well. Wonderful for any occasion.
      Dresses, it seems, are kept away in a closet and come out for a special occasions. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy wearing a dress, it’s just not an everyday piece of clothing for me.

I never voted.  I started ladylife wearing only tops, skirts and trousers and remember the excitment of buying my first dress from Aldi superstore and was delighted that it fit me so well 🙂 .

Then came the matching coats, shoes and handbags to befit my new image as a woman about town. (You can’t go out on a cloudy day in a dress can you?)

I am now rebuilding a new collection of skirts, dresses, tops, boots, shoes, blouses, pants, jackets and love them all equally. Got no money but looking good 🙂    x x

I love putting on a dress they are so simple you can dress them up with a nice necklace I would like to find a nice set of pearls to go with my little black dress, it is so quick to put your bra and hose, I also have a long cream color dress is fun to wear putting a slip on with it being see thru. Not saying I don’t like a cute skirt and top too, there all fun to me!!!!!!!!   LOL

Why do we have to chose? That’s not right.

Anonymous

Michelle, you’re sooo right!! Dresses, skirts and blouses, skorts and tops, shorts and t-shirts, and more and more and more…

That’s another of the joys of being a woman, the fact that we can change our minds and wear whatever we want, when we want!

Isn’t it wonderful to be able to express our femininity like that? Men don’t have that same option, do they?

Hugs,

Holly

Hi, Aurora B.here. Well, I have more tops and pants than dresses, only have two dresses and theyre not so fashionable. I do wear them sometimes, not often. I expect to collect more. Having said that I find tops and pants more relaxing and casual.

Will keep on collecting both styles, dresses and tops.

Aurora B.

Anonymous

Dresses for sure. If I had the right body type skirts would be fun. The right dress feels great and I can look in the mirror and feel good about it.

Sophie

Hey, Ladies:

For me, I would most definitely have to say dresses. I’ve always had a thing for a beautiful woman in a long, flowing flower print summer dress, especially the kind that has buttons all the way over the dresses length. Such dresses, for me are the epidemy of beauty, elegance, and femininity.  But if worn in a certain way they can also be daring and a little risqué. I find all of these things to be attractive in a woman and qualities that I have always longed to emulate in my own femininity.

I just love the way that a pretty, form fitting dress hugs my curves in a continuous flowing way. I love the way that they are versatile. A woman can wear them just the way that they are, can layer with them. I love the way that you can add a cute little belt with a dresss and really make it pop.

But what i love about dresses is that they can also come in the form of formal or evening gowns. Oh how this girl has always longed to slip into some of those glorious gowns that one sees movie stars wear at award shows.

And don’t even get me started on wedding dresses. I’ve spent many of lazy days watching “Say Yes to the Dress.” Oh some day to be able to wear one of those glorious creations.

Don’t get me wrong. I do love a cute little blouse and skirt ensemble. I find black leather mini-skirts to die for, Love me a cute little pencil skirt. But  when it comes to understanding what works for me and my body, I find dresses much easier to deal with. With the whole area of cute tops and skirts I find myself clueless on how to coordinate them and what truly works for my body. I so wish that i had some girl friends in my life to help me with such things.

(On a side note. I just want to say that I enjoy being able to answer questions like this and with chatting with ladies with you on this sight, i never imagined that girl talk could be this much fun and feel so natural. So, with that in mind, I saw thank you to all of the lovely ladies on this sight.)

Anonymous

Indeed, it is hard to choose.  But the key word is choose: we get to choose our wardrobe on a daily basis.  I have to agree with some of the ladies responses here that skirts and tops are more versatile but dresses fit my body better. Dresses, though, make me feel more womanly, more elegant and stylish.  For me it’s easier to accessorize with a dress as well.  And it gives me more of a longline feel of the fabric of a nice dress or a slip if that’s needed.  Definitely dresses are my favorite.

Renea❤️

Even though I feel the same feminine energy from wearing a dress or a skirt; when I want to look more elegant and like a lady, I prefer to wear a dress. I love how the bodice curves around my bustline and flows down my torso, over my hips, and then down my legs to the hem and how it all moves together as I move.

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

I like both but voted skirt+top because that’s what I have more of.
      I think it’s because I can make way more outfits with skirt+top than with just dresses.

/kt

Anonymous
      Lady

I voted dresses…I love wearing a dress and have quite a few. During the really hot part of summer I lean more towards a denim mini-skirt and spaghetti top with sandals.

Another click for the dress here. I do like a beautiful dress but something I hadn’t seen brought up is Simplicity. I have way more dresses then skirts but one thing for me is a quick easy complete look. I pick a dress then it’s more down to shoes, accessories, lip colors and possibly a wig change.

Sandy

Anonymous

Definitely dresses. I love formal dresses, but due to the lack of events where I could wear them I settle for casual dresses, cocktail dresses, office dresses, party dresses… etc!

I am not sure if I prefer one over the other.   Given the option, I will chose a dress or skirt over shorts, jeans, or slacks.  Whether I choose to wear a dress or a skirt on a given day is usually a function of my plans for the day or the weather, rather than a preference for one over the other.

MacKenzie Alexandra

While this girl does likes to wear a dress now and then, skirts and tops fit better and are quick to remove, when in the process of being caught out.

I am aware of the comments/observations many (most) women express on fashion websites regarding skirts being more versatile: i.e. they can be mixed and matched with various tops and so become “new” or different outfits each time and also cater for body types where the top and bottom parts of the body do not conform to fashion stereotypes.
      However, not only do I find the dress to be the ultimate epitome and declaration of womanhood, I also find that a dress is less fussy or fiddly and saves me having to wrack my brains over which top to pair with it (and then wonder whether it looks right).
      Love,
      Katherine

Why does one have to choose.

I enjoy wearing both a dress or skirt and blouse depending on my mood and the time I have to dress.  If I have only a short time to dress then I will wear a dress, when I have more time I will wear a skirt and blouse.  There are times I am up early and will put on a dress knowing that if my wife gets up I can quickly change to drab.

Another reason I like a skirt and blouse is the ability to have a different look just by changing the blouse.

XOXO
      Suzanne

ChloeC
      Duchess

I voted dresses because while i like the feel and look of a skirt and top and i do wear them, i find the relection in a mirror of me in a dress makes me look better which makes me feel better about myself.  Maybe a little vanity but its about me anyway.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

If I had to go with just one, it would be a skirt and blouse/top.  Way more flexible and versatile – you can do so much mixing and matching.  And I’ll buy a cute top at the drop of a hat…  dresses I am more critical of when buying.

Exception:  anything formal or fancy that I would dress for, I would be in a dress.  They can be soooo elegant 🙂

Stevie

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I absolutely love wearing dresses. I feel so feminine when I do.

Hugs, Liara

Definitely dresses for me.  I have a few blouse/skirt combinations, but the vast majority of my wardrobe is dresses, primarily swing, a-line, wrap, and a few sheaths.  I feel more polished in a dress, and I like the silhouette and flow.  For those times when I get to dress for evening, nothing makes me feel more beautiful and feminine than an elegant evening dress with foundations, hosiery, stilettos and appropriate jewelry.  Heavenly.

Anonymous

Skirts and tops dresses are kool but i like skirts better cause i csn drop my skirt and sfill hsve a top to semi conceal my breasts

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Holly
      Definitely dresses for me. I have 8 dresses but no skirts or jeans etc. I strongly dislike needing to have clothes tight around the stomach so whilst skirts may share many of the feminine aspects of dresses they also share certain of the negative aspects of men’s trousers in terms of how they are held in place
      Rachel

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

If I had to choose just one it would be a dress but I definitely love wearing both skirts & dresses.  I feel much more feminine in those rather than in leggings or jeans.

Just my 2 cents, i like both, depends what kind of mood i am in. Also like the fact that so many more options with womens clothing, i love being a girl when i can!!

My dear, I can’t agree more, I love dresses in all their varieties too 🙂

I love them both but I will go for a top and a skirt.Probably down to the fact that I own more skirts than dresses.I must have about seventy skirts and only  nine dresses.Love the different styles whether it’s a cute office girl black skirt teamed with a nice pair of heels and a lovely  pair of natural tights or a flowery print three quarter length skirt.Having said that ,I would like to buy more dresses.I want at least two summer dresses this year and one or two elegant dresses for the fall and winter months

I love them both but I will go for a top and a skirt.Probably down to the fact that I own more skirts than dresses.I must have about seventy skirts and only  nine dresses.Love the different styles whether it’s a cute office girl black skirt teamed with a nice pair of heels and a lovely  pair of natural tights or a flowery print three quarter length skirt.Having said that I would like to buy more dresses.I want at least two summer dresses this year and one or two elegant dresses for the fall and winter months

I love nice party dresses and gowns but being realistic a skirt and top are better suited for me due to he fact that most dresses have a higher waistline which is not so complimentary for our biological bodies. Genetic women do have a shorter waistline than our male counterparts by approximately 2 inches. This results in a better fit for a biological female. I just feel that a skirt and top allow for more leeway. Yes I know of shapewear and other things that do help us to attain that beautiful hourglass shape but some of us are not blessed in that manner. Yes, some dresses do work and you can get them made to that specification but for me the cost is a big wall to leap over. To sum up; for beauty and elegance a dress is the ideal thing . For us that have to face reality a skirt and top are the suitable answer.

Hi girls, This was indeed a difficult question to answer, because both options are my personal favorites, but after thinking about it seriously, very seriously haha, I decided on the dresses, although the skirts with tops are very cute, flirty and versatile, the feeling of wear and what causes me to see my reflection when wearing a pretty dress is unbeatable, there are many styles, colors and shapes, you can go from casual and summery, through something more formal or cocktail, to the most feminine and sexy, that’s why I choose dresses,
      greetings to all

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

I voted for dresses. Although I don’t get to put them on to often, I do love that ultimate feminine feeling when I do! I have twice as many dresses as I do skirts and tops.

But when I have only a short time to put something feminine on, I will go for the skirt every time. There is nothing like a denim mini skirt for the quick change!

💕Lara

Jenny Liu
      Lady

For me, it’s kind of half-and-half even though I voted for “skirts and tops”.  I like to wear dresses occasionally because it makes me feel more feminine as a woman.  Note, I said occasionally as most of the time I wear skirts/tops because of more mix-and-match combination possibility.  And, regardless of what I wear, I pair it with stockings/pantyhose (it’s a must for me)!

Jenny

That’s hard to decide on. Currently have only skirts and tops because I’ve had difficulty finding any dresses that fit me properly.

I’m usually in  skirts and tops more so than dresses.  I can mix and match tops of different sleeve lengths (or sleeveless) and different degrees of warmth with different skirts to make the skirts more seasonable.  Sure, some are less apt to change of seasons, but I can take a summer skirt and wear it with a tank top, sleeveless top, short sleeve top, or 3/4 length sleeve top.  I can also change the top for different color combinations and therefore different looks.

Most spring/autumn skirts can be worn on cooler summer days almost to winter by changing the top as well.

I do have a few dresses, but my skirts outnumber them 3 or 4 to 1.

Your results of about 60% dresses/40% skirts seems to match with the poll I put up 8 months ago. https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/forums/topic/do-you-prefer-skirts-and-tops-or-dresses/

I love dresses so much I see a lot of women in dresses all day long and I’m always saying to myself how I’d love to be in that dress not that I don’t like skirts or tops just since I started on this journey 30 years ago I always been in dresses my first dress was a blue and white dress with flowers on it that belonged to my mom how fabulous was it and it was my first dress I wore when I came out to her

I voted for dresses and my wife probably influenced that choice. She pointed out that putting on a dress is the simplest option for dressing for the day … one choice, top and bottom pre-matched, one and done. Getting a proper fit can be more work but when you fit the style to your body type the results can be smashing! (And who doesn’t adore a cute dress!)

I have found that i look my best in a skirt and top.Also have a lot more options with wearing a skirt and top or jeans’.Haven’t found a dress that looks good on me yet.

kim dones
      Lady

I enjoy both but when I have a skirt on I can pull it up higher. That way at the mall if I want to show off my panty I can. I really love to do that.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

As much as I like dresses, they are an issue of “fit”.

For a dress to fit my 46 inch chest, it ends up being a potato sack in the waist and hips.

Also. I can’t order dresses that have a stitched waistline. At 6’1″, those waistlines tens to be right under my boobs… Not the best look.

I have had a little success with a couple of dresses that I had altered after I bought them so that they tapered better to fit my figure.

I usually shop A-line skirts and a cute top to go with for ease…

Have fun shopping!

xoxo

Rayna

Hi!
      I like a simple skirt and top if im busy, but there’s nothing more feminine than a dress with a zip if i want to feel extra girly!!
      Jenny xx

Love the feeling of a dress with a zipper on the back more than any other.. something about zipping that up tight and thinking “yea , this isn’t coming off “

Krissy
      Lady

Much as i love a nicely shaped and cut skirt, ive always had great love of wearing a dress 👗 as they come in all shapes lengths materials and colours, just think you cant go wrong in a LBD a cute pair of heels and a nice bag to finish it off, makes me feel so chic and more womanly? ( is womanly a thing? ) just love wearing a nice dress been brought up on that look, obviously others will scream their love of a nice skirt and top and yes i love them too, but a nice dress is for me when im going out to a bar or an event x

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I didn’t answer the poll because I love them all! When I first started dressing up I used always wear a skirt and top, but of late I have bought many more dresses!

So I’d check “All of the Above”!

Amy

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Skirts are wonderful and fun to wear, but I’m mostly a dress girl.

I have some lovely skirts and a couple of nice blouses, but I love dresses. And now that the weather has finally turned warmer I’m looking forward to starting a small summer collection. A flowing light blue frock with sandals would really suit me right now!

Dresses. dresses, and dresses!

Jasmine
      Lady

Personally even though I do love a cute dress I’m going to have to go with a skirt and top because you can just mix and match it anyway you want to suit whatever the occasion is and also because that was one of the first outfits I started with I didn’t really get into dresses until later in my dressing

This is a hard one because if I really want to feel girly , nothing beats a dress paired with heels but I love skirts so much I don’t even have to be crossdressing to wear one . Sometimes I’ll throw on a denim skirt or a skater skirt with a men’s shirt and I’m in guy mode just because they’re sooo much more comfortable

I voted for dresses, although I think it depends on the occasion.
      Long and loose dresses are much more comfortable …. but a nice skirt is always an excellent clothing to wear.
      A matter of occasion, comfort and above all personal choice.
      I have to dress to feel happy inside what I wear …. A clothing that does not give you this feeling of happiness is like a pair of shoes of one size smaller.

XOXOX from Italy
      Greta👗❤️

Capri leggings with heels.

When I was making dinner last night (with bourbon in hand) the pure joy of being a woman almost overwhelmed me.

I NEEDED those feelings so badly too.

Love to all,

Dianna

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I personally prefer a dress. However a skirt or skort seems to fit in better these days, with the places that I’ve gone.  Most of my outdoor excursions have been out in rural areas. Such as the National Parks. I find very few girls where anything but dresses or skirts. In fact, most dress so drab that its like they are trying not to look like girls at all.  I really love driving in a skirt or shorts, but almost no one wears one on the road traveling.

I love wearing both but I have way more dresses than skirts. During the warmer months nothing beats a soft, flowing sundress. Feeling the breeze on my legs and up under my dress. I wear dresses about 95% of the time. Unfortunately during the winter months in Minnesota it can be a little too chilly for dresses or skirts.

I put skirts and tops because I look better in them, but I really like dresses more. I wish I looked as good in dresses, but the skirt and top combo just seems to work better.

Anonymous

I love wearing dresses but skirts and tops are more versatile.  I had a red dress on yesterday with my padded hip pants on underneath.  The bottoms of the padded pants were visible under the hemline and looked terrible.  I have a grey skirt which is long enough to cover my hip pants and still look good.

Kerri

Nancy
      Lady

Skirts and tops get my vote. Believe it or not, I’ve never gone out in a dress. I think in my mind, I rationalize that a skirt and top is not all that different from shorts and a shirt. I love dresses, but just feel more awkward in them. Honestly, I’m really more of a short shorts and t-shirt kind of girl. 🙂

I’m actually thinking of doing a crossplay that will require a dress. So, my first outing in a dress could be coming soon!

Nancy

Viewing 53 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?