Viewing 22 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

It is so nice to see quite a few younger members under forty on this group.It’s very gratifying to see them commenting on topics and starting threads themselves.I enjoy friending people across the age spectrum.If I add on a younger member I always make it clear that I am a mature lady of sixty.Some could be a little uncomfortable by this and I don’t blame them  but it’s lovely to get chatty replies from the younger new members.We all have very different experiences but I think its nice to learn from each and every member irrespective of our ages.I would be interested to know what the younger girls think of us older ones.

I also have noticed the younger girls joining not just the group, but much of the Forum I spend so much time in, and welcome them gladly.  It is good to get a fresher opinion of the things we older girls have had to deal with as we came up, especially the 70’s and 80’s as compared to the 2000’s.  I am pretty set in my ways now but like hearing of a younger approach to many of the same issues we dealt with and picked our way through.

My question(s) for all of you younger ladies is has it been easier to you to come out now than what us ‘old broads’ describe for us.  I do understand some of the difficulty of establishing your ‘self’ in the circles that you travel in, we have all  had trouble/difficulty in one form or another.  But, has it become easier to be accepted by family/friends/coworkers as your feminine self?

Even with the greater acceptance of society in general, there are still pockets of soreheads who see us as something to be afraid of or dislike without regards to finding out what kind of person we truly are and the struggle to find our places.  Some of us older girls may have at least a partial solution to the problems you encounter, or at least can give you another way to see them,  But, you have got to ask us.  Don’t be afraid of the subject as we have a vast pool of experience to draw on.  And, our family will keep growing here at CDH.

PaulaF

Natalie
      Lady

Hey there I’m 35 and it’s great speaking to older members. I believe it’s great for a younger member like myself to gain knowledge from Crossdressers that are older then me as some of them have already went through or at the very least done things I’m just starting to now in my life . It’s a great perspective And goes both ways as I look up to older members for experience maybe they’re looking back at me for different or fresh perspectives on Cross-dressing.

Don’t know; don’t care…

Anonymous

i love everyone on here the same! everyones been super helpful and nice whether theyre 20 or 80.

Why stop at 80? I didn’t.

Anonymous

I think the ladies that have walked the road I am just starting out on are amazing. I enjoy talking and sharing and laughing and sometimes crying with them. Most of all I learn from them. The gals I’ve met here are all friends in my book. Someone I can share a few free moments on a summer evening on the patio and laptop.  I appreciate that I’ve never been brushed off just because I’m young and haven’t had the pleasure or pain of the experiences that are shared here.

Hugs,

Morgan

Anonymous

Good for you girl.

Ashley
      Lady

The thought I keep coming back to as a young-ish (33) CD is, I still have a lot of fear surrounding my CDing, even though its 2020 and this sort of thing is much more accepted than it has been at any other time in the past. I can’t even begin to imagine what it must have been like doing this in a time where there was basically zero acceptance, and on top of that, it was actually illegal! So much respect for the ladies that did!

Gisela Claudine
      Duchess - Annual

They will help us to get better. Age just depends on how long you’ve been in the world. Although times change, the need to be free is the same in every human being. And being free implies accepting the way of thinking of others. Each other’s vision enriches my own and, although I confess that I am quite reserved, I like to establish friendships with people of all ages. We had other complications, but each generation has its own. Perhaps I see in some of the young women the woman I once was, which helps rejuvenate my spirits. If I can help someone with my experiences, I am happy to do so. However, I also need to feed on youthful energy. We all have to enjoy life. CDH is a great community.

Gisela

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

I am probably one of the ‘older’ members in age … so hope my contribution is welcomed.

I first started dressing in the 1960’s when I was about 5 or 6 … there was no internet and only 2 channels on the telly in those days, so no visible role models for us to follow.

I found my information in the ‘newspapers’ of the days and as I aged I found ways to dress and explore my fem-side. The scout group did an annual show (Gang Shows ) and I was able to take on several of the female roles on the stage. The telly found me a fan of Danny La-Rue who was the first visible and acceptable ‘Drag Queen’ in the UK, and in the newspapers I found the wonderful April Ashley, who was divorcing her husband, and  the court case changed the course of transgender identity for the next thirty years .

Later in the 80’s I lived full time for a year, planed to fully transition, but met my partner and put things on hold (35 yrs ago now and still on hold !) … we were  part of the ‘new romantic’ ‘in-crowd’ that frequented the vibrant London night club scene, dancing with Boy George, Marilyn, Peter Burns, Tiny Tim and the likes … the outbreak of Aids hit the night clubs then and I became an AIDs support councillor ..

I have been involved in supporting numerous  girls and guys transition, been to many of the venues all over the UK, and have been able to contribute to a book on the history of transgender in the UK.. Ive advised national bodies on supporting transgender and written articles for professional journals on the subject.

Ive made mistakes in the past, but Ive been lucky and have not had any violence or abuse directed towards me, but have a lot of friends who have. I have a very supportive partner, but had very transphobic and homophobic parents.

Now we are able to use the internet and get support from a wide range of resources and meet others who are similar to ourselves – as well as go shopping from the comfort of the sofa !

So, I hope that my experiences and history will be of benefit to the younger girls who have not had the chance to walk the walk and talk the talk, but are willing to ask the right questions to find the answers they need.

(just re-read that all and it seems like a CV! – sorry !)

hugs

Dawn

(A Site Aunty and young geriatric !)

I am just going to consider myself young, even though certainly sometimes I don’t feel it, especially with  my next birthday looming ever closer.

Honestly, it is super amazing talking to everyone on here, young or old. We all have valuable experience, a few people I have noticed have gone through shockingly similar circumstances as me and I hold their experience and opinion in high regard whenever I see them talk and hope one day I can be the same.

Like I don’t know what would’ve happened had I fallen into their shoes back in the day and knowing the world is more accepting now (although still not enough for something as simple as clothing choice) is a good feeling. It is nice to know and hear from people who have gone through these things, had these same worrying doubts and nagging problems.

Heck, occasionally I even feel like super jealous of them. Hearing about how they are in my shoes, but have their lives so nicely together. People like me with a loving and accepting spouse, a house they call their own, their lives together and here I am scrambling. It is nice to know that there is a bit of light at the end of the tunnel, it does help put some of the nightmares to rest.

Y’all have my upmost respect. I can’t imagine what it is like to Crossdress way back when there were laws and a much stronger toxic masculinity stigma.

JOJO
      Lady

Many of us are familiar with the phrase: “If I only knew then what I know now”. That is exactly how I feel as an experienced crossdresser. Sure we have a long way to go but the information that is available now plus the knowledge of experienced crossdressers is a valuable resource.

I learned or was mentored by a mature cd when I was younger(21) and did appreciate it so much. Now that I am a mature lady I like to help others especially from my support group like going out in public with them. I have found them to be so appreciative as I was

Well, time is never going to stop moving. So why worry about it lol!

-SR-

Jamie
      Lady

I love our mature ladies in here!  You all paved the way for us younger gals, and you started before society was so accepting.  You also have so much more knowledge that you are sharing with us as well!  Honestly I see y’all as mentors that are guiding us on our journey and we know we are not alone!  Thank all of you lovely ladies so much for everything you have done and are continuing to do for us!

Jamie xoxo

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I’m the wrong side of 70 and in my “early”,(pre internet), CD days I had two mentors. One ran a small CD group here in Melbourne and I contend I helped her too, cos as the frustrated writer/ journo that I am, I wrote articles for the group newsletter.

The other I considered an “Aunty” and would you believe, she lived in Kelowna BC…So that was letters, stamps and PO Boxes… (I know…. makes me pre historically ancient with all you “young things”)

These days I really enjoy playing Auntie to a younger CD here in Melbourne whom I met, (most appropriately) via CDH…

In my business career I followed the reverse of the maxim “do unto others etc….(IE before your competitors do it to you”.) But personally, I have derived great benefit from being mentored and mentoring in both aspects of my life. IE male me and Catherine Louise.

It’s a great feeling to know that you have helped others along “life’s rich highway”

Happy dressing and mentoring (in both directions)

Aunty Caty

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

‘ If I could turn back time ” … but, none of us can.  Wouldn’t it be marvelous?

All I can say is that if any one thing I ever say here helps any one of my sisters, in any one way, I will be one happy girl.   Things Are getting better out there, and us – arrrgg – ummm …. ‘mature girls’ are – and should be – one of the Forces behind that.  I hope.

Stevie 🙂

Amy Myers
      Baroness

This is coming from one of the more mature girls here, I suppose, I will turn 67 in a few weeks, and like so many, it sometimes feels like there’s a typo on my driving license, as I don’t feel it. Most days, that is! So I don’t think I’m your target audience here, but I’d like to make a few comments.

I feel a bit in the middle, though I started my dressing in the mid 60’s, it was totally closeted. Then I gave it up, and honestly thought it was “one of things”, that I went through in my teens, only to have the urge return quite a few years later, but I still kept it very closeted. Though I did share it with my wife, who didn’t seem to mind, fortunately.

As I went through my everyday life, everything I saw in the media that related to crossdressing seemed to either be for comedy, or all out drag, which doesn’t really interest me. So I felt like I was ridiculous, and was ashamed of my desires to dress up, and I suppose I must have looked that way with my poor attempts at dressing up through the 80’s and 90’s and into the 2000’s. Sometime in the 90’s I would often wonder what it might be like to get fully transformed with good clothes, wig and makeup, but never went any further till a couple of years ago.

Then I discovered things like this on the internet that weren’t just fetish or silly, and then somehow Amy found her way out, for real this time.

So though I’ve done this for decades, I never contended with the stigma, and even violence that some experienced.

Somehow though Amy seems to have blossomed, if that’s the right word, perhaps, exploded out of me, and I seem to making up for lost time the last couple of years!

I have fully accepted my feminine side, and now feel no shame about who I am now, and I do try to share that with others here.

Anonymous

Hello lovelies..I am also well into the “experienced” age….not saying exactly as I would then have to kill you , and I love you all far too much to do that!!!!!….I just hope, like all the older girls here, I can give help and guidance to any sweet young thing that needs it…if it helps and you enjoy……Grace’s job is done.   xx……..( love the post Dawn….you rock!! )

The way I see it, the mature ladies of this forum are role models for us young members. Honestly, I found y’all truly inspiring. It’s amazing to see that some members have been dressing for more than 10-20 years and are still doing it. I’d like to learn from all of those experiences and that’s why I love this website.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

If I may so bold as to add one more comment to this post.

Any “young thing” that would like to learn from my experiences is welcome to go to my CDH profile and a/. See how I “used to be as young as you” and b/. have a read of the articles I have written and have had published on this site.

Hopefully give you a few laughs and an insight on how you may also be become comfortable with your “inner CD self”

Sincerely and as always “Happy Dressing”,

“Aunty Caty”

My best advice to younger cross dressers – from a 78 year old now – don’t spend the rest of your life wondering about who and what you are – and end up at my age wishing you had lived your preferred lifestyle many years ago. Enjoy every moment of your life as you prefer – like it was your last day on earth. As you get older you get much better with make up and appearance.

i started all this I know now as I look back at age about 15.
      I did all the things a normal guy did – married – children – built career etc.

About 25 years ago – after a divorce – I began to live my life again as I had always dreamed of – a mixed life being a guy and a girl.

i have NEVER looked back.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?