- Elaine Paige
- Barbara Dickson
- Karen Carpenter
- Whitney Houston
- Tina Turner
- November 20, 2021 at 6:20 am #578027Ballymacreely Elizabeth(Liz)ParticipantRegistered On: October 7, 2021Topics: 34Replies: 393Has thanked: 2719 timesBeen thanked: 1775 times
- May 21, 2022 at 12:04 pm #646793Selina ScottLadyRegistered On: May 20, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 3Has thanked: 34 timesBeen thanked: 33 times
The female singer I’d most like to be is a huge idol of mine and I’ve been a massive fan since 2014. The singer I refer to is little known and only turned 16 on the 10th of January. I first came across her when she auditioned for Norways got talent at the age of seven singing Gloomy Sunday. She went on to win the show with 54% of the overall vote with songs like bang bang and summertime. She gave all her prize money to charity and has since raised over 20 million for children’s and other charities she performs bare foot after travelling in Iran with her grandmother an iranian and saw a girl her own age on the side of the road weighing people to feed her siblings. The young girl had scarred feet cause of no shoes sorry I haven’t told her name yet it’s Angelina Jordan and she will be known as not only the greatest female singer but the greatest singer ever to grace the planet. The Iranian girl said I like your shoes so Angelina took them off her feet gave them to the girl and vowed never to wear shoes when she performs until every child on the planet had shoes. This girl is special a gift from God I believe and when she sings leaves you thinking how can she convey the emotion of the song when she is way to young to have gone through what these singers have. Remember the name Angelina Jordan or check her out on YouTube she has over 160 videos is worth over 3 million. I just can’t big this girl up enough xx
- May 21, 2022 at 10:56 am #646778Barbie SatinRegistered On: May 15, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 191Has thanked: 443 timesBeen thanked: 699 times
I would not want to be any singer but there is a female artist I would love to be and her name is Jasmine Choi and she is a classical and jazz flutist.
- May 17, 2022 at 7:05 am #645826Foxy FemmeLadyRegistered On: April 25, 2022Topics: 5Replies: 44Has thanked: 369 timesBeen thanked: 212 times
I’d love to be able to sing with the energy and range of Sammy Rae. She’s absolutely heavenly ❤
- May 17, 2022 at 12:51 am #645789Malody SingriteLadyRegistered On: February 16, 2022Topics: 4Replies: 11Has thanked: 39 timesBeen thanked: 39 times
I’d prefer Amy Lee (lead singer of Evanescence)
- April 13, 2022 at 3:43 pm #638553Robyn WalkerLadyRegistered On: March 10, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 13Has thanked: 24 timesBeen thanked: 41 times
Deborah Harry, or Aimee Mann
- April 12, 2022 at 10:14 am #638222Lauren MugnaiaDuchessRegistered On: November 1, 2021Topics: 15Replies: 346Has thanked: 3527 timesBeen thanked: 1826 times
Three singers come to my heart and mind and they are all very different, Katy Perry, Enya and Lady Gaga.
- April 12, 2022 at 4:13 am #638131Rachel WilliamsLadyRegistered On: November 3, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 161Has thanked: 511 timesBeen thanked: 593 times
Judith Durham or Mary Hopkin
- April 11, 2022 at 9:33 am #637930Stephanie MacNeilLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 127Has thanked: 373 timesBeen thanked: 617 times
- April 11, 2022 at 7:12 am #637735
- April 11, 2022 at 6:34 am #637730
- April 9, 2022 at 4:41 pm #635254
- January 15, 2022 at 7:18 am #612057Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 28Replies: 1502Has thanked: 9672 timesBeen thanked: 7347 times
- January 14, 2022 at 2:41 pm #611734Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 121Replies: 1082Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 4317 times
For sheer talent in both singing and songwriting, I’m surprised no one has mentioned Carole King. OK perhaps not the best in “looks”, but hey, I’m sure we all know female artists who look good but do not necessarily have a great voice. I’ve written a few “ditties” in my time and can play guitar, but of course not even close to anyone I’ve mentioned here.
Like my good friend Amy said, it would be fun to play a concert enfemme. Tho I’m an old rocker, I’d like to play classical guitar to Amy’s piano, both of us dressed to the nines in flowing evening gowns with heels and flawless make up. And yes… flowers all around at the end. Two fantasies there, one I cant play my “rocker guitar” properly and 2/. being dressed…
I have a “go to sleep” all female playlist with “CK”, Linda R, Judith D, Roberta F, Dusty S Diana Krall et al.
All excellent singers and entertainers.
Happy dressing (and listening)
- January 13, 2022 at 6:03 pm #611430Vecca SennLadyRegistered On: February 22, 2021Topics: 9Replies: 265Has thanked: 1967 timesBeen thanked: 1007 times
- January 15, 2022 at 7:14 am #612054
- November 24, 2021 at 12:59 pm #580079
- November 23, 2021 at 2:39 pm #579553
- November 23, 2021 at 9:22 am #579396
- November 22, 2021 at 9:47 am #578917Heather MeganLadyRegistered On: May 15, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 65Has thanked: 248 timesBeen thanked: 310 times
- November 22, 2021 at 9:00 am #578890AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Well I said no to the singer part, I figure even with transitioning surgeries with my voice I’d still clear the concert bowl but if the voice fairies visited it would be Cheryl Crow. Love her great voice, beautiful lady and a true musician. Writes, produces and performs, she does the whole thing.
- November 22, 2021 at 8:41 am #578877Abbie NormalDuchessRegistered On: June 13, 2021Topics: 13Replies: 678Has thanked: 1382 timesBeen thanked: 2804 times
There are too many to list but I think lately it would be Samantha Fish. I’d be happy just to play guitar like her let alone sing like her.
EDIT: I should add Lzzy Hale, I’m not a huge metal fan but like it enough and she’s pretty great.
— Abbie 🥰
- This reply was modified 10 months ago by Abbie Normal.
- November 22, 2021 at 8:36 am #578875
- November 22, 2021 at 8:24 am #578872
- November 22, 2021 at 1:44 am #578755Lacy SatinLadyRegistered On: June 27, 2018Topics: 7Replies: 483Has thanked: 442 timesBeen thanked: 2248 times
OMG!! That would be a dream of my wildest fantasies!
I would love to be Celine Dion. The thought of being on stage in gorgeous gowns and being admired by millions of people would be this gurls dream come true.
- November 21, 2021 at 7:39 pm #578654Jamie TaalLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 186Has thanked: 1138 timesBeen thanked: 1088 times
- November 21, 2021 at 3:16 pm #578575
- November 21, 2021 at 9:31 am #578462
- November 21, 2021 at 8:42 am #578450Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1855Has thanked: 1444 timesBeen thanked: 5564 times
- November 21, 2021 at 8:01 am #578427Stevie SteinerManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 85Replies: 1980Has thanked: 8747 timesBeen thanked: 10144 times
I’m sure people are getting tired of me saying Stevie Nicks as my response, so I will say Stephanie Lynn Nicks. 😁
However, I will add Carly Simon to that as well. Love that girl and her music.
- November 21, 2021 at 8:23 am #578438AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- November 21, 2021 at 7:39 am #578415Kristy BucklynDuchessRegistered On: October 20, 2017Topics: 1Replies: 13Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 33 times
- November 21, 2021 at 6:43 am #578402Kelli MarloweLadyRegistered On: August 4, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 166Has thanked: 2049 timesBeen thanked: 945 times
Not an easy choice. best I can do is a top ten.here’s my list, in no particular order;
Joan Jett(the younger longhaired version)
Cherie Currie(Joans lead singer in the Runaways)
Kelly Willis ( underappreciated country artist, from TX)
Carlene Carter( Nick Lowe’s ex, Johnny Cash’s stepdaughter, country artist)
Christina Umphlett(sp?) late seductive Australian singer
Michelle Phillips of the Mamas and Papas
- November 21, 2021 at 7:11 am #578405Ballymacreely Elizabeth(Liz)LadyRegistered On: October 7, 2021Topics: 34Replies: 393Has thanked: 2719 timesBeen thanked: 1775 times
Yes Kelly good choices, I remember Mammas and Papas, think I’d like to be Mamma Cass, big girl with a big voice.
Dust Springfield? A real legend.
Couple more Rita Mc Neil (working man I am), Rita Coolidge (Words),Bonnie Tyler, Jennifer Rush(power of love). Surprised about from me nobody chose Barbara Dickson.
Still it’s you girls decide who you like.
I just put forward my favourites.
I’m not much into the modern day stuff.
I was born in 1950, so music up to the 1980’s with the odd song or two after it.
- November 21, 2021 at 1:49 am #578303Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 39Replies: 1545Has thanked: 5095 timesBeen thanked: 7592 times
Yes, and I am working on the femme voice.
As I was a (forced) choir boy from age 6 – 18, I have lots of experience of soprano singing, and can soften my falsetto quite well.
The range has expanded nicely since I quit cigarettes (I can sing “Wuthering Heights” at pitch), but my voice isn’t very convincing across the range yet. I can get moments at certain pitches where I can nail Debbie Harry, and I’m getting close to Mariska – but Agnetha seems totally out of reach…
I was talking about the voices, ladies!!! 😁
Not sure how much work it’s going to take, or if it’s even possible – but the professional female singer I’d like to be is…
- November 20, 2021 at 11:31 pm #578279Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1556Has thanked: 30616 timesBeen thanked: 6403 times
Oh gosh, so many babes from so many years. Mom always had music playing and would sing ALL the womens parts. So let me try a list:
10) Janis Joplin–hard to learn to like, but just dayum when you finally did.
9) Grace Slick–Loud and sassy
8) Melanie (Safka)– Lay Down and The Nickel Song, perfect acoustic.
7) Anni-Frid & Agnetha– THE reason ABBA was soooo good
6) Bonnie Raitt– Awesome blues and slide guitar too.
5) Susan Tedeschi– More awesome blues and straight fingerings.
4) Floor Jansen– 6ft tall, leather and sings metal with such power. (Nightwish)
3) Amy Ray & Emily Saliers– The Indigo Girls
2) Patsy Cline– The first woman I remember singing besides my mom.
1) Stevie Nicks– Voice, fashion and presence all in one.
I could never pick only one, unless you put all of these on stage together.
- November 20, 2021 at 11:05 pm #578274LadyRegistered On: October 7, 2021Topics: 34Replies: 393Has thanked: 2719 timesBeen thanked: 1775 times
Another I forgot to include was Judith Durham of the Seekers. Judith was originally a Jazz singer, but I felt she was only one of a few people who sing any kind of song. There’s one I specifically love her singing called Baby Moses. I know it wouldn’t be everybody’s cup of tea, but that’s just me.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- November 20, 2021 at 8:44 pm #578253Candy CanLadyRegistered On: October 19, 2018Topics: 42Replies: 145Has thanked: 354 timesBeen thanked: 840 times
Thank your for this thread, Elizabeth.
I don’t want to be her, but I admire KD Lang.
Proof, if any is needed, that it doesn’t matter so much how you dress, what you look like, but what matters is what is inside.
- November 20, 2021 at 8:25 pm #578251PrudenceAmbassadorRegistered On: January 7, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 332Has thanked: 1529 timesBeen thanked: 1323 times
- November 20, 2021 at 7:53 pm #578243Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 23Replies: 1658Has thanked: 4947 timesBeen thanked: 5411 times
Although I have admired many female singers for their voices and beauty, I’ve never wanted to be one.
However, I would love to be a female performer as an instrumentalist, either piano which is my main instrument or violin. I would wish to be one of the glamorous female concert pianists who perform to a full house then rewarded with applause and a large bouquet of flowers.
Some day I’d at least like to do a modest performance dressed to a lovely ballgown!
- November 20, 2021 at 6:27 pm #578226Cassie JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 58Replies: 1019Has thanked: 2386 timesBeen thanked: 4667 times
- November 20, 2021 at 3:17 pm #578184
- November 20, 2021 at 1:55 pm #578165Cerys BurtonLadyRegistered On: February 2, 2021Topics: 69Replies: 222Has thanked: 210 timesBeen thanked: 1808 times
- November 20, 2021 at 1:25 pm #578159
- November 20, 2021 at 12:30 pm #578141Barb WireDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: September 16, 2021Topics: 17Replies: 704Has thanked: 4026 timesBeen thanked: 3322 times
- November 21, 2021 at 3:21 pm #578577
- November 20, 2021 at 12:24 pm #578139
- November 20, 2021 at 12:17 pm #578137LadyRegistered On: October 7, 2021Topics: 34Replies: 393Has thanked: 2719 timesBeen thanked: 1775 times
I especially love to listen to Elaine Paige and Barbara Dickson singing I know him so well. I’d love to do that song some time with a fellow crossdresser. I know there’s other artists who perform it but for me personally there’s is the best. I wouldn’t mind playing Elaine Paige or Barbara Dickson in the song
- November 20, 2021 at 12:09 pm #578131
- November 20, 2021 at 11:30 am #578125Carolyn KayBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 21Replies: 432Has thanked: 1763 timesBeen thanked: 2033 times
- November 20, 2021 at 11:56 am #578129LadyRegistered On: October 7, 2021Topics: 34Replies: 393Has thanked: 2719 timesBeen thanked: 1775 times
- November 20, 2021 at 10:20 am #578106AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I voted yes, if i could be any female singer it would have to be Doris Day, I’m not sure why but when she was in those films in the 50’s and 60’s she was one beautiful woman,
Once I Had A Secret Love 💝 , now i shout it from the highest hill even told the golden daffodil,
Well one of my secret’s is out X
Hugs Roz X
- November 20, 2021 at 9:59 am #578094Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 28Replies: 1502Has thanked: 9672 timesBeen thanked: 7347 times
Its a fantasy because I can’t sing except alone in my car doing 70 down the freeway. Dogs howl, cats run away, birds fly, and people cover their ears when I sing.
So my fantasy female singer would be Taylor Swift because she is successful, has a great voice and is so cute I want to weep when I see her. Yeah right, maybe in another life on another planet… LOL
- November 20, 2021 at 9:28 am #578088Liara WolfeLadyRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 1607Has thanked: 3155 timesBeen thanked: 5423 times
- November 20, 2021 at 9:31 am #578090LadyRegistered On: October 7, 2021Topics: 34Replies: 393Has thanked: 2719 timesBeen thanked: 1775 times
A girl after my own heart Liara?
Dolly Parton wrote the song I will always love you, but as soon as I heard Whitney Houston sing it, it sounded awesome. That song was made for her. In the same Karen Carpenter had the voice of an angel. Never heard her singing a song badly.
- November 20, 2021 at 8:27 am #578066KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 10Replies: 738Has thanked: 3361 timesBeen thanked: 3639 times
I’d love to be a female singer. As it stands today, I can’t carry a tune if my life depended on it. I very much enjoy music – play guitar, drums, accordion and learning piano (right hand no problem, learning the left hand). But can’t sing at all.
What female artist? Actually, I wouldn’t want to be someone else, I’d prefer to be Krista the Singer. Absolutely no desire for fame and money, just a lovely singing voice to entertain folks in my local community would do me just fine.
Have a wonderful weekend, Hugs, Krista.
- November 20, 2021 at 8:26 am #578065SylviaLadyRegistered On: October 10, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 667Has thanked: 16894 timesBeen thanked: 2758 times
Dear Elizabeth ,
I don’t know about being one but I love all kinds of great music and lady singers !
These days I would choose Adele.
She has a fantastic voice and always looks incredibile !
Here in the Netherlands I like Davina Michelle.
The you-tube-link at the end of my reply is the song she sang at the Eurovision song contest : The power of water , it was at the first semi-final 2021 as a show act :
- November 20, 2021 at 6:28 am #578033LadyRegistered On: October 7, 2021Topics: 34Replies: 393Has thanked: 2719 timesBeen thanked: 1775 times
I’ve a great passion for music.
I especially love hear people like Elaine Paige singing.
All these women mentioned I enjoy listening to and of course looking at their costumes.
That friend who’s an encouragement to me her daughter has the voice of an angel and sings regularly at local places.
She also has a gorgeous figure and wears great clothes.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.