Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I always like to think I am good with Makeup, but want to go to a Makeover place which unfortunately is usually in malls. how accepting are they of crossdressers? If for example, I went there barefaced and t-shirt and jeans, and said “make me glamorous” what is it like?

Since I don’t have other sources outside of my wife, and I generally am not fully “out there” L am nervous about it.

The same line of thinking, what happens if you go to a nail salon as a guy, and ask for long, clearly feminine nails> should I expect acceptance?

Love to hear the positive AND any challenges Love you all!

Anonymous

They will ask you to sit down, they’ll remove your makeup (if wearing any), will recommend you different products they’ll be using, from moisture, foundation, etc. and when done either you pay for the makeover fee, or buy products over the value of that fee and you are basically done.

Same with the nail salon. They’ll be glad to take your money.

Gabriela

Anonymous
      Lady

I haven’t been in Sephora but from what I’ve heard you should go in with a healthy bank account.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Well you could do it another way, like I did.

I was in that quandary where I was starting to get out and worried about make up skills. I had some makeup and my look was okay but I wanted to extend it. I couldn’t face going to the mall in public. I thought about it and started to look up makeup artists. I found one that would happily visit and no qualms as to me being a crossdresser. There was a set fee. She had tons of product but she looked through what I had and utilised that and added what she felt would improve the selection and look. She did a great job and gave me exactly the day to day look I wanted plus bags of tips for differing styles for occasions. I had a list of products and hints. 

Today I would have no fear on presenting myself for a makeup lesson at the mall.

Jill, these are the kind of items I am looking for. Thank you

Paula
      Lady

I’ve walked into Sephora with a lady friends and by myself dressed and as a guy many times with absolutely no issues. Same with nail salons-had no issues. As the other lady’s have said, money is green no matter how you’re dressed.

of course I get looks from many shoppers but I ignore them. I would love a makeover someday.

I chose a makeup artist at random for my very first makeover, and she was adorable.

No problem, even though she’d never done makeup for a CD before – and she did a good job and taught me loads too.

Any MUA who won’t take your money doesn’t deserve it.

And don’t be afraid to look critically at the results.

On my second makeover, I rather shyly asked if certain areas could be redone (I forget which), and she was more than happy to suggest different approaches and products to achieve the look I was after.

She’s now my benchmark for all MUA’s!!

Love Laura

Wonderful to hear. I might just need to figure how to locate a private artist

Kali
      Lady

Sephora at our local malls do CD and Trans events! Check the events page on their websites. I know one of the stores near me has staff that do drag shows as well!

Marla,I have a standing appointment every two weeks to get my brows waxed at the salon by a very understanding lady who knows that I am a crossdresser.Once while waiting at the salon for her chair to open up,I was asked why I was there by an inquisitive <nosy> customer and I answered”I am a crossdresser and I like my brows to look good when I am dressed as Michelle”.This customer looked at the receptionist and the receptionist confirmed what I had said and added “You should see his pictures”.Everything turned out great and we all had a great time.Marla,please call your local Sephora store or in my case your local MaryKay lady and have fun with it.Marla,your money spends as well as any ladies,you will be ok. Hugs Michelle.

Thank you for sharing those thoughts, Michelle. I am getting a lot of encouraging news. Mary Kay is a great idea! do they actually do a makeover for you while you are perusing their product?

Sephora is very accepting of clients like us, they even offer make-up classes/lessons for TGers/CDers. Ulta Beauty is just as welcoming and not as expensive. I had a full make-up application done at an Ulta Beauty store in 2019 for 45 dollars. I went into the store about 3 weeks early to inquire about the makeover and the floor rep took me back to salon and set up my appointment, both times I was in “male mode”.

I’ve also walked into two nail salons in my area, both times in “male mode”, to have polish put on my fingernails.

My advice is, if you’re nervous, call and ask the salon if they will accept you as a client. Or if you walk-in and they decline your patronage; say thank you for the information and take your money elsewhere.

My BFF took me to Saphora for my first makeover and I was welcomed with open arms. They could not have been more accepting and made me feel very comfortable. I fact, I was the center of attention. Staff and customers would come over and compliment me on how brave I was and/or how great I looked. They made it a wonderful experience.

Be safe. Love and Peace.

Amber

Well put!  I hate controversy in public, but I an hearing you say figuratively, “screw them all’

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?