• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

I have seen the term “lippy” used in sign offs, conversations, and in the chatroom. I am wondering what you think it refers to.

Anonymous

In my understanding, lippy is just the British term for lipstick. But may have other connotations though.

As a non Brit I’ve heard “Lippy” means rude or disrespectful.  Would sassy be a parallel descriptor?

Alice

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Carolyn, I didn’t vote as my answer isn’t one of the choices.

In the everyday world, I’ve heard “lippy” used to describe someone who is outspoken and argumentative (which you do have as choices).
      BUT, here in the CDH world (which I believe is what you are referring to) my understanding is that “lippy” is used as slang for lipstick. For example, I recall reading one Forum topic and the member wrote “I put on my lippy”. I certainly don’t mind be corrected on this interpretation.
      Have a lovely weekend!!!! Hugs, Krista.

Hi Carolyn,
      I was guessing it was a poor application of makeup…..
      How do I look ?
      A little too lippy…..

Hugs
      Autumn

In a long-ago Forum discussion of favourite films, one of the CDH UK ladies (could’ve been Laura L. or Fiona M.) mentioned the film “A Little Bit of Lippy.” In that movie, I believe “lippy” refers to lipstick.

Ever since, I’ve always assumed “lippy,” at least in the CD sense, meant “lipstick.”

Anonymous

Carolyn,
      I’ve seen the word used as a slang term for lipstick; but every time I hear it, I am reminded of the late, great Leo Durocher (Dodgers baseball coach, for you UK girls).

You have to be “of a certain age” in order to remember Leo the Lip…

Anonymous

Yes, DeeAnn; I can remember in detail things from 50 years ago,,,but yesterday, not so much.

Anonymous

I have seen the term mostly by British girls. I believe, seeing the context, that it refers to lipstick

In addition to lipstick, I think I’ve also seen it refer to lip balm…

Anonymous
      Lady

In Australasia, lippy has two meanings.

1. Someone who talks too much or is argumentative, for example, “she’s a bit lippy”. Often said as an insult.

2. Lipstick. For example, “hang on a minute (wait) while I put on my lippy”.

As an aside, wearing lippy gives me confidence as well as pleasure. I wear it more for myself rather than for others.

xx Gianna

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?