Viewing 93 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I am so curious to hear your favourites mine is eastenders but it’s a little boring now so what about yours

Anonymous

Was Rizzoli and Isles, until it ended. Now I really love Heartland.

That is good never heard of those shows as I live in uk and it’s great to find people with different interests and backgrounds

Anonymous

Heartland is a show about a family that owns a ranch in Canada, where they board and, train horses. One of the main characters, “Amy Fleming” is a beautiful young lady, that has a special bond with horses. I would love to look like her, and have her talent.

Hi Rochelle. I lived on a ranch in Calgary and have been to the place where they film Heartland. Sadly, I find that show to be to wordy and not as realistic as it could be.

Lady Veronica

Right now mine are “The Middle” and “This is Us”.  The first is about a middle-aged, middle-class family in middle America. It is so well written and perfectly cast. I can totally relate to many storylines. It’s also in its ninth and final season.  😟

The second has to be seen to understand, but it’s great too.

Anonymous

I’m a science nerd, so I have to say, Nova.

My favorite show was Pickett Fences with Tom Skerrit, Mandelore and others. Tour of Duty is close second.

Into the badlands and Westworld

Wonder woman

My favorite show of all time is “The Twiight Zone.”  It was so groundbreaking, and so much more than a simple anthology show.  It talked aboout social issues in an era of censorship and repression in a way that is still pertinent.  I think Rod Serling was a genius, not only for TZ, but for “Patterns,” “Requiem for a Heavyweight,” “The Planet of the Apes,” “The Arena,” etc. etc.  I guess he’s probably my dream guy (minus the chain smoking).  I’ve always been so attracted to outspoken, highly intelligent men, who are willing to fight for social equality, human rights, and justice.

For modern shows, there’s way too many good ones out there these days to really choose a favorite.  It seems like every time I turn on my satellite, Netflix, or Amazon there’s a new awesome show to binge on.  TV is too good these days.

Lucifer, Lost in Space, Timeless and Star Trek Discovery are my current fav’s.

Andreia

Anonymous

Game of thrones!!!

P

Star Trek especially Deep Space 9, Keeping up Appearances, History programs, Doc Martin.

I have long felt that Sunday night is the best night for TV, I like The Simpsons on Fox, it helps me look at life from a more humorous perspective, and I enjoyed Desperate Housewives, when it was on ABC.

Of course, I also enjoyed imagining what Panties the Housewives wore!

Hmmmm… That’s a tough one. I tend to prefer situation comedies, so my all time favorites are still The Dick Van Dyke Show, MASH and Seinfeld. Of the currently airing network sitcoms, I’m a big fan of the Big Bang Theory and Mom. I also really enjoyed the first season of The Orville and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and am really liking forward to their second seasons.

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Oh so many choices, my all time favorites are Space 1999,  The Prisoner, Star Trek, Doctor Who and Babylon 5, in no particular order.  Oh my sensing a theme here and speaking of sense, loved Sense8.  But I have become a big fan of Death in Paradise.  Just a lot of fun. – hugs, Michelle

Michelle,  yes, Sense8! I’ve binged watched it several times and just started watching again this morning. A masterpiece of diversity.

Anonymous

Did you ever get Blakes7, cult scifi in Britain though the scenery left a lot to be desired.

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Karen, totally agree!

[quote quote=115846]Michelle, yes, Sense8! I’ve binged watched it several times and just started watching again this morning. A masterpiece of diversity.

[/quote]

Hi Lilly. I live in Canada right now but I do like the UK comedies like Still Game, Are you being Served, Summer Wine, On the Buses and you detective/mysteries. They are quite different and a pleasent change from the American Shoot-em ups and car chases. My Likes in TV are quite varied in subject and themes. My favorite TV show, which you get, is Big Bang Show with Sheldon and Leonard, Howard and Raj.

Previous favs……Picket Fences, Twin Peaks, Gong Show, Laugh In, Blue Bloods. Telly in the last 10 years has just been to pitiful to watch. Oh yes….CSI (Crime Scene Investigation) Las Vegas.

Dame Veronica

Hi, Lilley, I see you live in the UK, so I feel you might understand my enjoyment of two TV shows there, Downton Abbey and Doc Martin.  Here in the USA, they still show a past season from time to time on Public Broadcasting.  However, I bought the entire Doc Martin series on DVD and some of Downton Abbey.   I never did buy the complete set to Downton Abbey, because, for me, the show basically died when Matthew was killed in that auto accident.  I still cry everytime I re-watch the ending of the Christmas season, the scene where Matthew proposes to Mary in the falling snow.  Those two were sooo MFEO.

Anything science-fictiony… 🙂

The Expanse and Altered Carbon are pretty good.

Actually been enjoying The Americans on Netflix. Halfway through yhe first season, hoping it doesn’t get too grim…

Be interestec to see the adaptation of Watership Down thats coming up on the BBC, and of The Witcher on Netflix.

Anonymous

“The Americans” was a great series; but I wouldn’t want to meet Elizabeth in a dark alley (or anywhere else)

My wife and I ‘cut the cable’ and have a Roku – we get Netflix, Prime, Hulu and HBO, and I’ve not missed direct broadcast TV one bit.  We tend to watch a series in its entirety (or at least the available seasons), then move on to the next series – currently we are watching ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ on Prime – oh my is it good! The show is funny, moving, and so well acted and written, but for me the high point is the fashion of the late 50s – the dresses/outfits, the hair, and the makeup that parade across the screen make my girly heart just swoon. My wife commented on how much she loved one dress in particular that had also sent my heart racing, but of course, I kept my true thoughts to myself…

Anonymous

The Wire especially the early series. Launching the career of many a fine actor, Game of thrones also. Vikings, Black Sails.

Anonymous

Again, easy…………..

SHAMELESS

Mikki

Anonymous

British or American version.

Donna

Deanna Lund
      Duchess

Mrs Maisel, add the music to what Gillian said.

Fawlty Towers

Star Trek and STNG

Millennium with Lance Henriksen

The Kominsky Method,-comedy
      Two men with prostrate problems
      It had relevance at the time

Original Lost in Space
      Because of Judy-Marta Kristen

Land of the Giants
      Because of Valerie
      Played by Deanna Lund

One Foot in the Grave
      British comedy-
      Almost killed me several times
      Laughing
      The episode where the main character is discovered by his wife in bed with another woman really, nearly killed me. I am laughing about it as I write this!!!!l

Doc Martin
      Joe Penhale is a male bimbo

Good Neighbors
      Brittish

So many

For me Desperate Housewives.. I love it!

Aoife
      Lady

Surprised I haven’t seen Twin Peaks come up! Finally watching the Return now and it took a while (Part 7), but I love it. Still amazed by the genius of Mr. Show which I would probably call my favourite of all.

Anonymous

I love several shows.  Too bad they are no longer on.  Firefly, Breaking Bad,  Sex and the City, Battlestar Gallactica, Star Trek: TNG and Gilmore Girls.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I like Dukes of Hazzard. I didn’t pay much attention to what the show was about and really didn’t care, but Daisy in those shorts and shiny pantyhose. Mmmm! I wanted to look like her and be her.

I began to dress like her. As I went to fully fem, I would often ask myself, “is this something Daisy would wear?”, or “how would Daisy look in this?” My whole look including the wigs I wore was based on looking like Daisy as much as possible.

Madly enjoyable – Spongebob Squarepants; a bit of addict for it.

Main faves: Big Bang Theory, Rick and Morty, Family Guy, Futurama, Monty Python, The Goodies

Things I miss and watch when I get the chance if they pop up on a channel – Suburgatory , Cougar Town, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Bewitched, The Munsters, Twilight Zone, Babylon Five, Star Trek (Original series), Lost In Space (Original Series)

In addition I like factual programs on science, art, history , archaeology etc.

When at home dressed – What Not To Wear. Oh heck, even when I’m not dressed. But come to think of it, I’m always dressed at home. LOL. Anything to do with cars and motorcycles and boxing.

Love and Peace,
      Amber

If we’re talking current favourites, (as in recent viewing) then:

The Detectorists
      The Good Place
      The Expanse
      The Blacklist
      Utopia (Australian comedy series)
      Rosehaven
      Squinters
      The Handmaid’s Tale (In small doses, as it actually gives me nightmares)

Currently really enjoying Derry Girls.

Anonymous

In current production: Outlander and Supernatural; recently concluded: iZombie, Lucifer and Gotham; All-time favorites: Star Trek (original) and Get Smart.

Anonymous

today’s shows Big Bang Theory,Peaky Blinders and This is Us

older shows Barney Miller, Addams Family and Twilight Zone

My favourite Television show is Doctor Who.

Other favourites include Qi, Have I Got News For you, Monty Python, The Tube, Ready Steady Go! I could go on… but I don’t want to bore you all 😉

Roxy641

Anonymous

Roxy,
        For several years, Dr Who was also my #1 favorite, especially the 10th Doctor, David Tennant. I even went back to watch the original series. I was a proud Whovian until that new showrunner ran it into the ground, and we didn’t even get the Christmas episode last year.

Anonymous

Lets see,

currently, NCIS New Orleans, NCIS, Supergirl.

Past shows….The Closer, Major Crimes, Battlestar Galactica (some of the best TV, ever)  Any and all Star Treks, when I need a laugh or to be reminded of the absurdity of life…Monty Python (own the complete dvd collection)

Anonymous

I almost forgot, The Good Witch, When Calls the Heart and last but never least, The Countdown to Christmas

Aoife
        Lady

Love Countdown to Christmas! Life feels like it’s returned to normal now that it’s back on, much as I miss Golden Girls reruns.

IsabelB
      Lady

An interesting topic and makes you stop and think about what you do watch…

Ones I record, so I can’t miss them, have recently included Catherine the Great, Gentleman Jack, Fleabag, Killjoys, Harrow, Jools Holland, Taskmaster and Digging for Britain.
      Quite a varied bunch really!

There are others of a similar ilk which I dip into now and again, but those I don’t/didn’t miss.

Then there are a few sports programmes too – rugby, motorbike racing, snooker…

I listen to a lot of music too, so the TV isn’t always on – that varies even more!

Isabel x

Siren, Supernatural, Game of Thrones, and The 100

Here are some of mine-

Northern Exposure (my most favorite)
      The A-Team
      Star Trek TNG
      Star Trek Deep Space Nine
      Star Trek Voyager
      Fishmasters
      I Love Lucy
      Sons Of Anarchy
      It’s Always Sinny In Philadelphia
      Reno 911
      Kids In The Hall
      SNL (1975-2016)
      G.I. Joe
      Beavis And Butthead
      Picket Fences
      Workaholics
      WKRP In Cincinnati
      BoJack Horseman
      Home Movies
      Inuyasha
      Cowboy BeBop
      Big-O
      Hellgirl
      Alien Nation
      Hey Dude
      Shin Chan
      All In The Family

Fringe

Startrek DS9

Ru Paul’s Drag Race

Red Dwarf

Arrested Development

Parks and Recreation

Veep

What Not To Wear.

Could there possibly be anything else?

Amanda

Would I lie to you and the Repair shop,

My favorite show is Me And The Boys starring Steve Harvey. It was on sometime in the late 80s or the 90s.

Every time Steve would have to correct one of his sons he would end the conversation with “are we cool?” When the older one got his first job Steve went a little overboard. His son had to talk to him, and he ended that conversation with “are we cool?”

It was a great show. It only lasted 1 season though. I think it was “too black” for white America back then.

Cece X
      Lady

The only television program I watch regularly is the reboot of Doctor Who on BBC America. Unfortunately I have to wait until Christmas for the next episode.

I have way too many :

– Three’s Company

– Friends (never used to watch it when I was younger, but my wife loves the show and I’m enjoying too)

– Supergirl

– Stargirl (great choice in choosing Brec Bassinger as Courtney Whitmore).  Loved her in Bella and the Bulldogs too.

– Mighty Ships/Might Trains

– You Gotta Eat Here

– Hoarders

– 600 pound life

– Doom Patrol

– Rick and Morty

– Robot Chicken

– The Office

Diana W
      Lady

I love Doctor Who, too.  New and classic series.  It’s the best television show ever!

Difficult choice!

Right now, in no particular order:

• The Blacklist
      • Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD
      • BOSCH
      • Scott & Bailey
      • Homeland
      • Jack Ryan
      • Blindspot

Right now, Outlander, Bosch and Cursed.

Anonymous

Midsomer Murders

Black Adder

The West Wing

The Big Bang Theory

[postquote quote=366366]

I FORGOT!!!

• Gentleman Jack
      Samantha Joan
      Hostess

Great question!

Just finished the Last Dance on Netflix, absolutely awesome!

Warrior Nun is a great watch, the scenery in Spain alone is worth it alone.

Hugs

Samantha x x

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Some favorites –

Home Improvement

Frasier

Stargate SG1/Atlantis

Blue Bloods

NCIS ( older ones )

THE FLINTSTONES

Stevie

Isabel
      Lady

Hey girls,

Quite a few here, put them in alphabetical order as couldn’t pick my favourite of favourites.

• Agent Carter (Very good spin off from Captain America First Avenger and ties well into below)
      • Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (seasons 1-5.  6 &7 are not canon and make a mess of the timeline)
      • Father Ted (Pretty much everything you can’t say in modern society, but a program)
      • F.R.I.E.N.D.S. (still one of the best sitcoms to date)
      • Knight Rider (loved it when I was younger, still do)
      • Melissa and Joey (it’s alright, but some witty banter)
      • Mr Bean (just one of those classics)
      • NCIS (enjoy it more than other versions, seen up to mid S15)
      • Scorpion (SPOILER: Did you know this is set in the same universe as NCIS, NCIS: LA and NCIS: NO?)
      • The Big Bang Theory (Everyone loves Sheldon, don’t they?
      • Thunderbirds (the Gerry Anderson one, not the new fully animated rubbish)
      • Two and a Half Men (A great representation of how the world really works)
      • Young Sheldon (Sheldon but before he gained the little EQ that he does)

Most looking forward to:

• Continuations of still running series above
      • Agents of S.W.O.R.D. (supposed to cameo characters from S.H.I.E.L.D. and build on Spiderman: Far from home cred scenes)
      • The Clone Wars (only started this, but hear reviews are good)

Marvel shows on Disney Plus (including, but not limited to);

• Falcon and the Winter Soldier
      • Ghost Rider
      • Hawkeye
      • Loki
      • Moonknight
      • Ms Marvel
      • She Hulk
      • Wandavision

I’m a big MCU fan in case you haven’t worked it out by now.

Hugs,

Isabel

Gentleman Jack

Rupaul’s Drag Race

Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes

Spooks

Pointless

QI

University Challenge

I don’t watch very often, but I do like these!

Love Laura

Recently, I was bowled over by “Carnival Row”. A mix of fantasy and industrial pseudo-Victorian society, great acting, plot, scenery, costumes, and even music from one of my YouTube favorites, Party Gurdy. Really engaging and heartbreaking show. Can’t wait for season two.

Great show! My favorite bit of this show was definitely the Agreus and Imogen story line.

F.R.I.E.N.D.S. -this is really the best TV show I’ve ever seen!

Family Guy

Goldbergs

Green Acres

Original Outer Limits (watch the O.B.I.T. Episode and tell me that isn’t still spot on relevant).

Thanks for watching.

ChloeC
      Duchess

In past years, shows like The Bob Newhart Show and Newhart, LA Law and Hill Street Blues, but to me the best show was The Mary Tyler Moore Show. Think about it, practically every major character went on to ‘star’ in his or her own show, Chloris Leachman, Valerie Harper, Ed Asner, Ted Knight, Gavin McLeod. The show also brought in Betty White who showed she could  do great comedy which led to 2 or 3 other shows for her.  That was a dynamite cast. More recent shows, 6 Feet Under, Rome, Silicon Valley, Veep.

With the pandemic, I’ve totally focused on returning to my old favorites.

I am currently rewatching Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine on alternating nights. I’m almost done rewatching the entire run of the classic Doctor Who (in the first season of Sylvester McCoy). And I just started rewatching season 3 of Fraiser. I also usually watch an episode of either Superstore or Blackish to add some more laughter. I’m also slowly making my way through the original Charlie’s Angels.

During the first couple of months while stuck at home I rewatched all of True Blood, Avatar the Last Airbender, the Legend of Korra, and Start Trek: TNG.

Next up, I’ll be making my way through all the recent seasons of the Arrowverse shows.

Abby M
      Lady

My favorite show is probably the X Files. I really loved Gillian Anderson as Agent Scully, I feel she was a very good role model for women. I also love sci-fi and enjoyed the monster of the week episodes and the overarching conspiracies. Don’t really feel like I have any current favorite shows as they’ve either ended or I feel like I have lost interest. Recently watched both Avatar the Last Airbender and the Legend of Korra for the first time and would recommend those, especially Korra. I feel like I would be in the minority who like it better then the original show. Again, Korra is a good role model and I like how they show her suffering with PTSD, that she is human and with flaws but still a kickass person.

Anonymous

Right now, it’s a tie between Seal Team, Charmed, Battlestar Galactica, and 24. Oh, and MASH and Black Sheep Squadron.

Anonymous

Well obviously i adore drag race as always loved ru paul but its the usual boring eastenders corrie and emmerdale for me

Anonymous

MASH, Black Sheep Squadron, 24, House, Battlestar Galactica, the Star Wars comics, Mandalorian, Charmed, and the entire Stargate Franchise.

Not really a show but I’m glued to the TV whenever the auto auctions are on. Mecum or Barrett Jackson. Other than that – Diners, Drive Ins and Dives or Chopped.

Love and Peace,

Amber

Prudence
      Ambassador

Black Sheep Squadron is back on? Wish I could find that.  I do enjoy The Curse of oak Island. And Pitbulls and parolee’s. Going back, DS9, that 70’s show and Charmed. Going way back, The 3 Stooges, woowoo, and The Waltons. giggle. Erin is so Beautiful!  Hugs Pru

Chicago Med, Chicago Fire, Chicago PD

Leonara
        Ambassador

My Wednesday night favorites on NBC

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I like NCIS – all seasons, Blue Bloods and used to love Myth Busters when it was on.  Now am going to a lot of old Star Trek shows also.

Sandy

don’t watch that much network TV, but have enjoyed the new series Big Sky, based on novels by CJ Box.Better Call Saul is great, should be back soon for its final season.Longmire was excellent.Been binge watching episodes of the obscure sixties series featuring the sultry Anne Francis as detective Honey West

What Not To

How could it not be?

Hugs and kisses,

Lee Ann

Anonymous

My all-time faves – Game of Thrones (read allthe books & never missed an episode) Jonathon Strange and Mr Norell, Auf Wiedersehn Pet, Curb Your Enthusiasm, QI, all the Blackadder series, Fawlty Towers, Monty Python’s Flying Circus (showing your age there babe!)

Anonymous

Gosh so many but for me definitely “Only Fools And Horses”

Anonymous

If seems recently that I’ve been getting back into Power Rangers. I’m not that old, so no judging. But I’ve come to notice that each season has its unique flair. I’m also into Seal Team, Mandalorian (This Is The Way), 24, Charmed, and all things Stargate. Caveat, does anyone here know what’s going on underneath Cheyenne Mountain these days?

My favorite is: Big Bang Theory. I bet no one saw that coming.  Still watching reruns after the news most nights. Surprisingly I still regularly see ones that I have not previously viewed. Also top of my list is Shark Tank… Stephanie

Anonymous

Perhaps we should be saying “Bosom Buddies” and “Drag Race,” but … not so much.

Hard to narrow down to one, but in consideration are:

Friday Night Lights
      Yellowstone
      The Wire

Nancy
      Lady

Oh, soooo many choices. I love Star Trek TOS, TNG, Voyager, and Discovery. But, classic Battlestar Galactica was just magical in my youth, and will always be a favorite. As far as current shows, I’ve really gotten in to Nancy Drew on CWTV. If you are a Scooby Doo fan, Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated was a fantastic remake.

Birel

P.S. Oh geez, how could I forget about Dr. Who! The 10th doctor was my favorite.

I don’t really watch much TV these days. I used to like watching Star Trek TNG and Voyager. I NEVER missed an episode of Stargate SG-1, Atlatas was good but I still prefer Sg1. Spent £200 on the complete boxset 10 years ago. Growing up did love Malcolm in the Middle and C.H.U.M.S. (you’re definitely English if you recognise this). A few shows have caught my interest but haven’t loved them.

Anonymous

My all-time favorites? A tie between Get Smart and the original Star Trek. Dr Who is a close second, with the runners-up being Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and Sanctuary.
      My viewing list contains mostly sci-fi/fantasy programs.

1. Battle Star Galactica

2. Grey’s Anatomy

3. Stargate SG1

Anonymous

Which rendition of BSG? Original with Lorne Greene as Adama? Or the new one?

I have to admit, Katee Sackhoff is my favorite Starbuck!
          I loved the first BSG when I was very little, but the new blew me away. And Katee Sackhoff………

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Vecca Senn.
      Anonymous

1. The West Wing.
      2. Fraiser
      3. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
      Disclosure, I worked on it.
      4. Star gate SG1
      5. Midsomer Murders
      6. Blackadder Goes Fourth

Anonymous

LOVE Stargate. Especially SG-1.

Well… only English speakers (that removes our American contingent) will know and admire this one…
      I absolutely adore Nigella! Oh, what and ideal woman to model oneself on!
      Rick Stein comes a close second… but for much different reasons.

However, and the Americans may remember this… Queer eye for the straight guy! Brilliant

Polly but not television wild, Polly

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

Yellowstone

Fawlty Towers

Hill Street blues

La Law

West Wing

Mash

some great choices there,Roberta, particularly Hill Street & L A Law xo Kelli

of the newer shows, Longmire, the Big Sky,and Better Call Saul
      Others in no particular order;
      It Always Rains in Philadelphia
      reruns of Honey West(Anne Francis!) and Rawhide
      you may call me a redneck gurl but luv Dukes of Hazzard, fast cars and admiring Catherine Bach as Daisy Duke

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Stargate SG-1 (R.D.A. !)

WKRP in Cincinnati

Frasier

Blue Bloods

And, sorry to sound like a “guy”, but The Three Stooges.  😅

Stevie

JAFFA KREE! Just when I thought we weren’t similar already, you name two of my favourite shows. Frasier and SG1.

Anonymous

SHALKEK NEMRON!

Apparently there’s talks of a Stargate reboot. A 4th iteration that expands further on the lore of the series. Hopefully they can tie up the loose ends of Universe and whether or not Atlantis made it back to the Pegasus galaxy.

Tbh I tried to watch SG:U but it never really caught my interest. Hopefully if they do the setting and story lines are good

Seal Team and anything in the Kaw and Ordrr and NCIS franchises. Now my fem side liked Gilmore Girls and Longmire

I always loved the Gilmore Girls too.

Anonymous

Longmire was great!

Leonara
            Ambassador

Abbie,
            I thought I was the only one to watch Longmire.
            Thanks for sharing
            Leonara

Leonara
        Ambassador

Thank you Stevie , I like Blue Bloods too
        Sunday dinner remind me of my youth

I don’t watch much telly these days but I’ll always watch these if I get a chance;

• Stargate SG-1
      • Porridge
      • NCIS
      • Sharpe
      • Frasier
      • Being Human
      • Fast and loud.
        Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

I love NCIS.  The older ones with Ziva are the best.  She was great!!

Definitely, Ziva, Tony, Probe and Gibbs definitely were the best team.

If our UK ladies are reading this I suggest Are You Being Served?

Its a bit before my time. Do you remember dinner ladies?

The local PBS channel in the US ran Are You Being Served for most of the last 10 years. I do not know when it originally aired in the UK but in some of the episodes they referred to Margaret Thatcher as the PM.

Anonymous

I’ve been into Futurama again lately, I’ve already seen it back to front a few times over the years but it never gets old for me. There is a surprising amount of crossdressing and gender play in them too.

Anonymous

I’m not sure if there has ever been a better show than Futurama:  not only is it superbly well written – and phenomenally funny – but have you ever seen a cuter girl than Leela?  No – I’m not going to dye my hair purple (and please don’t mention her uni-ocular situation…) the only problem with being Leela is (as someone mentioned to me before… was it you?) that you’d have to fend off Zapp Brannigan……  As a devout Atheist, I (and most of my friends) have adopted the phrase “For the love of Atheismo!” to express frustration (not too sure which film it was in…  Probably Benders Game?)

And that’s “Good news, everybody!!!”  (Look it up, oh, ye non- believers…)

I would like to nominate Gilmore Girls

Leonara
            Ambassador

My wife and I Agree… Kathy relates to the show with her experience with our daughter Patti
            Thanks for sharing

Leonara
            Ambassador

I admit I had a crush on Lorilyi’s and her fashions
            a CD inspiration

Anonymous

Awesome! My favourite episode is “The late Phillip J Fry”. So much depth there.

— Abbie 😘

Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, The Office, IT Crowd, King of the Hill all come to mind. Liking Ozark, Barry, and Tacoma FD quite a bit as well. First season of Jessica Jones was great as well. Also Star Trek TNG.

I don’t watch a lot of tele, and all of my favorites have come and gone, such as:

The Avengers: I had a crush on Mrs Emma Peel in her sexy catsuit; as the birdie in the cage; the collared vixen at the Hellfire Club. Meow!! She was so smart, witty, and stylish….and always getting captured. Kinda’ John Willie-esque ala The Adventures of Sweet Gwendolyn’s, U-69

Downton Abbey: That’s where I learned of the song, If You Were the Only Girl in the World”..….

Modern Family: every episode makes me laugh. The writing is very good.

Seinfeld: some episodes are very funny, especially those with Newman

The Untouchables: that’s where I first heard, The Thrill is Gone (the Julie London version, not the BB King song)

Leave It to Beaver: the writing–very funny the way the boys would say things

Hazel: I love Smiley the dog. What a sweetie. Good writing. George always being outwitted by the women. I have a crush on Whitney Blake.

Twilight Zone

Tales of Wells Fargo: love the Jim Hardie character and all the gorgeous women he encountered in their cute outfits.

I Dream of Jeannie: Barbara Eden – So cute and vivacious! Love her profile and her eye makeup. I’m in love. I especially love her as her mischievous sister who wanted to turn Tony into her obedient little pet. Talk about a FLR! Who could resist her feminine wiles? Not me.

Leonara
        Ambassador

Oh my God, Suzette, you’ve aged me .. those are my favorites too, I am now finding repeats of Perry Mason… Gunsmoke… Cheers..Mary Taylor Moore…and
        M.A.SH. Leonara

Leonara,

Yes yes yes! I’ve been watching Perry Mason, too✔️ …and The Twilight Zone, and sometimes, Alfred Hitchcock Presents.

😸💋

Leonara
            Ambassador

Suzzette,
            The oldies are the best thanks fo sharing

Patty Phose
      Duchess

The original Star Trek

Definitely the original Star Trek…so many good episodes, especially if there is a love interest involved, like that imperious princess who almost got spanked by Kirk. And all the funny lines and banter amongst Kirk, Bones, Spock, and Scotty…..

“He’s dead, Jim”

“I’m just a country doctor.”

” Scotty, I need more power!” ” I’m givin’ it all I can!”

” What is this earth custom … spanking?”

Okay, I guess you had to be there….🤔🤭💋💋💋

🖖

I cannot change the laws of physics Captain.

Get these triples off the bridge

Oh yes …The Trouble with Tribbles” …. Good call, Jeannie J.💋

Also, I just thought of — what was his name, Harry Harcourt something (Harcourt Fenton Mudd, from Sandy J.  💋) — and his “dear” wife, immortalized as a robot to ever scold him for his shortcomings. Poor Harry….. But he did create all of those lovely cyborg cuties. (Heaven! I mean the cuties, not Harry’s chiding robo-wife 😂🤣😂)

Was that Harry Mudd?

Cassie Jayson
            Duchess

That was Harcourt Fenton Mudd
            . . Sandy

So many good shows over the years, but right now I am loving Lego Masters. So much amazing creativity.

And I love the judge Amy Corbett..love her style.

Jackie
      Ambassador

Ru Pauls Drag Race

Recently on UK TV has been Time ( a critique of the prison system and a homage to forgiveness and atonement) and The Pact ( A whodunnit involving the intense friendship between four women workmates). A few months ago The Terror about arctic exploration in the 1800’s was impressive, authentic and gripping. Recently on Netflix I have discovered Sole Surviver starring Kiefer Sutherland – every episode is a cliff hanger – I’m hooked. Ripper Street and Whitechapel are also worth a look IMHO. Like others I have enjoyed Bosch.

Anonymous

Stargate (all)

Battlestar Galactica (all)

MASH

Pokémon

Seal Team

currently, Wentworth is probably my favorite, maybe Bosch. It never gets old watching the Simpsons either.

Nova. I am a bit nerdy.

I just thought of two of my favorite BBC tv series:

* Fawlty Towers, so funny!

* Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett. He WAS Sherlock Holmes. Plus the supporting actors, set designs, costumes, scripts…. Perfect!

Anonymous

Excellent choices Inga – Dereck Jacobi was marvelous in I Claudius – sadly Fireball XL5 just came out as we left the UK and never made it to NZ television (1 channel in 1962 – hard to believe now) – but I did watch its predecessor ‘Supercar’ did you ever see that? Mike Mercury, Jimmy, Mitch the monkey and Dr Beaker and then of course Stingray and Thunderbirds , great memories.

Diana (not a puppet)

Inga…

Going with the historical… Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet (ohh, Lady Penelope!) anything from the Hannah Barbera studios.

Polly… not Parker!

Anonymous

I can only vaguely remember Supercar (and have only fragmentary memories of Four Feather Falls!) Thunderbirds and (especially) Stingray though… I’m a dead ringer for Atlanta Shaw!  (Waits for boos, hisses and general terms of disapproval on the grounds that she was gorgeous and I’m… well…… me…)  Please remember that (bar my siblings and their kids) all my family are Kiwis: so why didn’t you list your favourite programme as being Shortland Street?…  (only kidding – Flight of the Conchords was brilliant though!)  Inga – not quite Jacinda…

Anonymous

The only thing I recall from Shortland Street is that “you’re not in Guatemala now Dr Ropata!” The acting in Supercar was better.

Unimpressed – Diana.

Anonymous

I hope you don’t think I’m being anti-Kiwi when I say that I totally agree with you!  Will always love Flight of the Conchords – Bret McKenzie is a genius.  Did you see that picture of him at the (Emmys?) in about… well, 2013?  (Pretty sure it must have been that.)  He decided to jump in the air and do an “Usain Bolt heading for the line” pose, while his wife was just behind him and laughing like crazy.  Just behind her was Jane Seymour “working the dress” and playing to the press……  I know which version of “the Hollywood Experience” I prefer…  And sorry to have missed it – but I hope you had a great Waitangi Day; I know the treaty wasn’t perfect, but it was an example that all Europeans should have followed… just didn’t.  Ho, hum:  Ashamed Inga.

Diana!

I was trying to click the the ‘report’ button! Shortland Street? Are you insane? Inga was asking about fav shows… NOT badly acted, made up BS! Eyeeewwwwww

Polly

Ps… my wife reminds me that that quote was from twenty years ago!

Anonymous

Unfortunately Waitangi day was a bust for me this year as I spent that weekend in hospital having had my prostate stolen removed so it largly passed me by, thankfully the acrimony and vile behavior seems to have gone out of the big celebrations and people can now actually enjoy it.

I agree that Brett & Jemaine are Kiwi gold, their deadpan repartee always cracks me up and Rhys Darbys incompetent manager sums up the Kiwi no. 8 wire mentality at its worst and funniest.

How could anyone be anti-Kiwi anyway they are such innofensive birds – eats roots shoots and leaves – what a lifestyle eh?

Diana

Oh, please don’t mention Jane Seymour! So many **** ago! God, that woman was a sex goddess!

Anonymous

Kiwis aren’t just lovely birds – they are lovely people too.  Yes, your beer may not be that great, but when you have a country that beautiful, maybe you don’t need beer as much as we do up here in Albion.  My only bad memory of NZ?  Somewhere in the wilds of South Island, I come across a road bridge… that is also a rail bridge… and no (for the ladies in North America who may be used to do9uble decker bridges) this is just the one layer.  A good look down the track… no nothing coming, tentatively set out along the track and about 2 seconds later… OH, SH……UGAR, there’s a train coming!  Foot goes down on the throttle and my hire car starts accelerating quicker than if it was an F1 Mercedes…   I arrive at the other end of the bridge slightly quicker than Kirk & the Enterprise could have, with my heart now doing about 190 beats per minute.  About 70 seconds later the train finally arrives on the bridge…  Not my bravest moment, perhaps, but at least I didn’t need to change my panties immediately afterwards… Inga the (Not Quite) Brave…

Anonymous

Inga, I would make three observations

A: there is nothing wrong with NZ beer.

B: you cannot judge NZ by the South Island, they are special people there, just ask Polly.

C: what bad luck Inga, meeting the only train that week on a South Island specialty, the road/rail bridge.

Hugs

Diana

Anonymous

Hi there, Diana (and Polly.)  The beer is nothing special, but still way, way better than the brew from Convictland…  sorry, Australia:  why, oh why though, does a pint so very rarely mean a pint, just 16 fl oz?  And nothing wrong with South Island folk – though they can be very different from North Island folk – I suspect it’s the isolated environment.  And yes – I appreciate that I was a touch unlucky in coming across the train – but pulling the short straw has always been my speciality!  Hope your Waitangi day operation is now nothing more than a mildly unpleasant memory.  Aotearoa Inga.

Anonymous

Inga, given the way the railways were run down by various governments and asset stripped by private owners we are lucky to even see a train these days and you are correct the southerners are fine people but still special in their own way.

The mainstream beer is nothing much I  agree but given the number of specialty breweries and craft beers avsilable I  still maintain there is nothing wrong with the local product.

Thank you for asking about “the operation” which is now a fading memory thankfully, all I have to do now is regain control of my “waterworks” – a thing that time will sort out – I HOPE!

Diana  – (the Tena pad lady ffs).

Anonymous

Hi, Diana:  just curious; did you ever get to Stewart Island?  It seemed to be a really, really nice place, but I only got to spend a day there as I didn’t know there is a hostel in Halfmoon Bay – and I needed to get on to Dunedin, Christchurch and (eventually) back to Picton.  Hoping to head south again in a post-Covid environment and I wondered if booking a few days on Stewart Island would be worthwhile…  Not Completely Inoculated Inga…

Anonymous

Hi Inga, no I’ve never been to Stewart Island but I believe it’s worth exploring.

You are right honey, how could I forget Abbey and Ducky.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

I had forgotten about Baa Baa Blacksheep/BlackSheep Squadron.  Robert Conrad was such a dude, lol.

Viewing 93 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?