Viewing 36 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Girls. Now this question is very close to home for me owing to the fact i have had to go drab for three weeks owing to house renovations. They were the worst three weeks of my life! but it go me into thinking that some of us must have gone far longer than that.

Now, what i want to know is, how long have you gone between dressing femme and abstinence and finally going back to dressing femme? it may be purging, circumstances or whatever. My guess is 3 Months.

Fiona xxx

4 years for me.  The Military Brass took a very dim view in treating jungle paths like a fashion runway.

Dame Veronica

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Fiona, interesting question.  For me, it depends on what stage I am at on my CD journey.  In my very early years of experimenting during university, I would go months of dressing in drab.  Same with right after getting married, I would go many months without dressing femme.  I am on my third marriage.  In between marriages, my dressing femme would increase only to slow down again after marriage.  My third wife knows I am a CD (we’ve been married 30 years) although she prefers not to know about it.  Generally I would say as I got older, the length of time without dressing femme got less and less. Once I retired 2.5 years ago, I started dressing femme every day and the longest time I’ve gone without dressing femme in that period may be a day or two (son’s wedding comes to mind).  Suffice it to say, I love being retired and having the opportunity to dress not quite 24/7 but pretty darn close to that.   All the best, Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

I did around 4 and a half years from the age of zero, although I’m sure some of those baby clothes I wore were pretty.    🙂     Thereafter the maximum time of non-stop drab was probably the same length of time during my 20s when I thought I had put such things behind me.   I dressed rarely though (sometimes only once in a  year) for most of my life: a lack of opportunity and/or clothing!

Over the last year the longest times were 2.5 days due to visiting my parents at Xmas and 1.5 days due to my parents visiting me.   Otherwise I’ve been femme for on average 50% every day.

Anonymous

Did not dress for the last year of my last relationship… Work, time, money and lack of privacy… All contributing factors in the ultimate breakdown of the relationship, but were not the actual reason.

Imogen

X

Anonymous

Hi Fiona—a great question………in my case, I am just a half-the-year girl, due to original agreements with my SO. I’ve said that before……………..HOWEVER, my professional career took me overseas, on monthly trips, and there’s been periods where I’ve had to go longer than a year………..it just wasn’t practical for me to take things with me, and when returning to home, the span between the next trip was so short that having a full-on fling with my SO just wasn’t the best choice………so I did without and did the vanilla act as I would during the summer…………BUT………I have to say, NOT one day went by, where I didn’t think about that, or what I’d do when I did get Mikki back in the bathroom, AND, whenever I was away and went past a HIGH END MAKE UP counter—OF COURSE, I had to slow down a bunch and browse a bit……………ALWAYS, I would bring back some new treasures for my partner, and of course for myself……………….I’ve been at this a long time, and the only think I can say is that ‘you can take the girl-out of the action—-but YOU CAN’T take the girl out of the mind”—-Not possible !!!

Mikki

I’m quite fortunate at the moment as I only have to wear the man clothes for work and those get flung off as soon as I get home. Going three weeks would be very depressing.

Anonymous

The abstinence is interesting. I have purged several times over the last few years only to come back stronger and each time a little more understanding of my situation that I really don’t understand. I  choose to dress as a women because it makes me feel so happy. I am going to enjoy it and let it grow at whatever pace that may be. I bought a new skirt and top the other day. What a wonderful feeling of sheer pleasure just seeing how nice it looks and how it feels to wear. I will never give that away.

When I was engaged to my last girlfriend, I never dressed, not once. I didn’t even have anything other than male attire. That was over 20 years ago. I accumulated a new wardrobe, most of which, I kept in storage, after we broke up. It was mistakenly thrown away in the trash; since I kept it in plastic garbage bags, and clear plastic bags inside them, divided into colors, and types of clothing. There were also wigs, makeup, perfume, and accessories therein. It was all gone. All my entire En Femme things tossed in the trash dumpster, and locked by the maintenance guys. They told me that they cleaned out all the lockers, removed the locks, and threw everything in them into the garbage. I also lost my 1st novel, before the rewrite, kept in a 3-ring binder. So, I was involuntarily purged of all my lovelies. I never bought anything for a few years. Then I began to slowly replace a few things, at first; just panties, a bra or two, a pair of stockings, and a garter belt to hold them up. I began to shop at a discount clothing store, but set a $ limit of no more than $10 per item. I went there about once a week. Some special sales helped me re-accumulate almost all I’d lost. Now, whenever I feel the urge, I put on my girlie persona. I’m wearing a pair of white Calvin Klein nylon panties, size 7, a matching white nylon w/lace camisole, and  am trying on some thing from Ebay, that just came in today’s Parcel Post, a high waisted beige, lycra pair of pettipants, and a lavendar w/lace pair of silky panties in Chinese size XXL, which is also American size 7. I slept in a white see-though lace shortie nightgown with a padded bra top. I slept like a newborn. I love my new wardrobe. I have no where near as extensive a collection as what was trashed; but, I make do. I live alone. No one knows about my “hobby.”

I have to be honest, prior to “coming out” as we immigrated to Thailand thirteen years go to retire I gave up on my hobby as there was never going to be the opportunity.

Hi Fiona 😀.

I went for a year without dressing whilst my wife was off for maternity leave with our oldest child because she was always hime and she didn’t know. I also wasn’t brave enough to underdress just incase she found out. I also did the same when she was pregnant with our second child. I hated every single bit of it and it did take me to a dark place through most of it 🙁

Hugs Samantha xx

Anonymous

Do be brutally honest I always thought about dressing but when my children were growing up I had responsibility’s to be a father and provider so I put my needs away for about 25 years Jasmine’s back know and enjoying life and femininity

Debbie J
      Lady

I think I went about 7 years at one point. Right now I’m married, she doesn’t know, and she is not at all accepting, so I purged before the wedding, about 3 years ago. I am feeling the stress 🙂

Emily
      Lady

Interesting question that caused me to think. I started experimenting at a very young age and probably went a number of years without actually “dressing”. I would always find opportunities to wear something feminine whenever I could. Through a few relationships and a couple failed marriages, I have now been married to my non-supportive spouse for 32 years. She knows but doesn’t approve. Hence, there have been times when I would put it all away, saying that was it, no more dressing. Never actually totally purge my things, so y’all know how that abstinence worked out. I still have the first skirt I ever bought just for me.

I now dress at a minimum 75% female every day, and wear makeup at least 5 days a week, stealthily of course. In addition to the occasional day (like today) when I get the chance to go full out.

Thanks for the question and the opportunity to share my thoughts.

I have gone a few years in the early-mid 2000’s.  Since then however maybe a month at most.  This may not be getting fully dressed but at least wearing something.  I regularly may go for a month or two without getting fully dressed and getting out a little.

Hi Fiona,

I have been dressing for about 9 months to a degree.  The last 8 days have been hard because I had to go drab, being in a group in an isolated area taking part in my other passion, birding.

I made sure I took no female clothing so that I would not be tempted.  Returning home meant quickly back to undies etc.

Davina

Only been dressing a little while so far, but since I started the longest I have gone was about 3 weeks. Just wasn’t feeling it for a while.

Only when the kids visit, 3/4 days max and it frustrates me to no end.

K Swim
      Lady

Starting at a very young age and with 3 siblings made it near impossible to get any privacy to dress up. Doing so as little as possible made that the only secret I was ever able to keep…except for my computer passwords when I got older.

When I was in the closet I went for years without really dressing. Since I came out twelve years ago the longest time has probably been about three months. Early on this was simply through lack of suitable opportunities. More recently it has quite simply been through lack of desire.

In the past year or so the longest has been about three weeks 😀

I was married to a very close minded person who would not have kept thi gs a secret. I went 15 years!

Leonara
      Ambassador

Retired now ten years. During that time I accumulated intimate wear, pantyhose, dresses, skirts, makeup, and 2-3″ heels…and was “pampered” with two makeovers. Fully embracing my femininity
      and expressed myself as a woman privately at least once a week. During one of my en femme sessions. My wife came home early. I was “a deer frozen in headlights”. We talked and after 40 year marriage, we compromised that I wouldn’t dress when she is home. She gives me the opportunity to dress at least once a week as she schedules her card games.
      My three month abstinence started in January when I had spinal surgery. The side effect was acute inpatient physical occupational therapy to regain strength in my arms and legs. I am happy to say , my recovery is going well. As soon as I got home, I underdressed with panties and a camisole. I am relieved that the operation did not short circuit my feminine feelings… Thank you ladies for listening….be well, Leonara

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

About 3 years between relatioships for me. Cos with a my new beloved I felt like a “drug addict that had been cured” and I did not ned to be Caty anymore.

But as weall know,. sooner or later it “all comes back” Now almsot twod ecades later I underdress almost all day every day and have regular public  “outings” as Caty. Shopping dinner out etc etc.

Happy dressing

Caty

Darcy S.
      Lady

Wow… After taking this Poll I actually had to go and update my profile… I thought that I hadn’t been actively feminine at the most, maybe more than 15 years ago. Admittedly math right out the of the gate has never been a strength of mine, so when taking this Poll it made me stop and really think about it. I was like Whoa wait a second… NO Way…

It turns out I that I went dark and undressed for “26 Years”! I suppose I don’t think about time in years, mostly I track life by events, jobs, etc. a mostly one day at a time.  But hey this is important stuff right! Wow I can’t believe it. As for why I stopped dressing and feeling feminine? – your guess is as good as mine. I have never gone through purges, or felt any guilt at all about what I enjoy doing now, or very much enjoyed way back then. But for some reason my feminine side just shut off without any fanfare sometime back in 1993 or1994. Sad, I can’t even recall the last outfit I had on or anything.

Over the past “26” years ( still I can’t believe it was that long ago) even though I was not active in a feminine manner, I did occasionally reflect on many of the great times I had, and the two people in my life that I opened up too about it all, oh yeah AND also how I FIT nicely into clothes back then! LOL.
      Anyway great Poll as it made me wake up, and some things are real clear for me now. Amazing though how the time does fly by. – Grab it by the reins and live now!. 😉

Glad to hear it darcy, be you, be the beautiful woman you are, enjoy your journey, make the most of it, 26 years is wayyyyyy too long!!! 🙂

Fiona xxx

Time goes bye too fast for all of us. The female in us never goes away. She is always there waiting to be recognized. Eventually she always gets her way. Luv Stephanie ❤️

Anonymous

I think I went a couple of months maybe and I have to admit that I was miserable. It was during the purging period. I had to get back into the panties and stockings ASAP. The girl inside usually wins out in the end. Acceptance was the only way for me to feel at peace. I wasted so much money and time fighting it. Enjoy!

Because We did something very stupid. That sent us to prison. So over 15 years still trying to get stuff. So I can be out for a long period of time.

Love

Danielle

Since I began exploring my feminine side with renewed purpose in 2016 and fully accepted and embraced my CDing and gender fluidity in 2018, year 2019 has had the most down time for me. I went through a four month drought from February til June. I’m currently in another CDing halt to where I’ve only gotten into my wardrobe once since 9/24. Fortunately the circumstances that caused this are over, so I’m looking forward to restarting my fem life activities.

Angela
      Lady

It was 15 years for me. I’ll try to keep my story short. 15 years ago I was dressing almost everyday. Somedays for a few hours sometimes all day. I was in the closet but enjoying every minute. I wanted to go out in public. I thought this would be my next step. I got online and found a friend near me. We met and she helped me go out and buy my own clothes. At the time I was raiding someone’s closet. It was the first time anyone had seen me in a dress. I was at her home one day and her son comes in. He was this big red headed guy with a beard. My friend introduced me as her t-girl friend. Meeting this other person scared the living daylights out of me. I couldn’t get out fast enough. All that went through my head is people know. I’ll be outed. I purged the next day. Then life happened. The worst thing and my huge regret is I stopped contacting this great lady that was willing to help a stranger. If she is still around maybe I will run into her at a local event.

Angela

DeLora
      Lady

Interesting question and my answer depends on how far back in time you want to look. DeLora has been fighting her way to the surface of my personality for decades and the closer to the surface she got the more I dressed.

In the last year the longest I have gone would be perhaps a week

In the last two years the longest I have gone was 5 weeks (and I had a corset hidden in my car which was parked 22km from the site where I was staying… soo close, but sooo far!!!)

In the last 10 years the longest would have been 8 weeks. I was working in a west African country, I had very little privacy and I don’t think the locals would have been very accepting and the language barrier would have made explaining very difficult!

Thinking about it, 8 weeks was probably the longest I have gone in my adult life with out dressing. At the end of it I was not a nice person, I was impatient and rude to the guys I was working with. at the time I blamed the malaria medication, I was taking, but now I wonder, did I just need a pair of panties, or a night dress?

Thanks for the great question!

Hi ladies,
      Where do I begin? It would take too long. So…
      When I discovered the Amazon locker process I had a light go off. In May of 2019 we has one of occasional out of town things. I ordered heels, pantyhose, and a bra. Game on!
      I try to put something femme on everyday. Generally pretty successful. Would like to do more. Much more.

Jessica

Anonymous

When I was in my late teens and early twenties I had a boyfriend who I was always dressed  for. When that ended it took almost forty years before trying to get back to where I feel I belong

WoW! Tammy, I couldn’t wait that long, how did u do it? I would get very angry. If I didn’t go take a long bath, and try on something. The best to you Tammy.

Since the beginning of 2014, the longest is about 3 weeks. Since I retired almost 4 years ago, the longest is 4-5 days. Gets itchy at that point now…

Three months for me Fiona-ann. I just haven’t had the time lately. When I dress I always shoot for full femme……that takes hours.

Hi Fiona,
      I checked a week because Jessica was born in May of this year. While the woman has been in hibernation since age 10 or 11, she emerged only six months ago. Fiona, she is out in full force!
      I told one of our sisters that 2019 has been the best year of my life. To know that I am 50% a woman is beyond wonderful. I don’t even know the right words to use.
      I will not go transgender. I need my 50% man to deal with the world, and also to enjoy my terrific wife.
      If I could dress as a woman at home, I would ALL the time. I guess I would have no money.
      I saw a Louis Vitton purse in yesterday’s Wall Street Journal. I know the price. I just have to have it! Foolish! Totally foolish!

Omg fiona I went a whole week many years ago without being femine.when mother and I spent a week on vacation with my aunts and girl cousins .when we went to fla.mother said it was to early in life to TELL REST of family that I wanted to be a girl also today 37 years later they know I’m a girl now and expect me as her

Fiona,

I had to select other as it depends on the timing and the parameters of the question.

The longest would be 20 years which is the time between being outed as a teenager and my decision three years ago to explore my feelings fully.  The experience as a teenager was so emotional and due my naivety, I elected to bury my feelings so deep that it took the whole 20 years for them to climb back out.

Since my decision 3 years ago, the longest would be 6 weeks, and that was early in this journey.  I had just shared with my wife and was beginning to explore my feelings in depth.  However, we had family visiting and then a vacation home.  My wife and I were so worried of being discovered at the time that we actually boxed up all of my womenswear for the duration.  It was a very long 6 weeks and I was definitely chomping at the bit when we got home at the end of the vacation.

Aside from above, the longest would be a week and that is usually when on vacation.  Even then, it is not cold turkey as it was above.  I will continue to wear panties on these occasions.  I tried to take a hiatus on panties when we moved home last year.  (My wife and I were worried about her mother trying to be helpful with the laundry.)  I couldn’t even make it a week and was sneaking them at least once a week until I went back full time after 2 months.  By then, we realized that my mother-in-law was not being helpful as we were worried.

I do like my men’s wardrobe, though to be honest, I am more comfortable wearing womenswear.  I understand today that I prefer to wear dresses, but I am proud of the man that I am.  However, the hardest part today about having to go without wearing my women’s wardrobe are the times when I cannot wear my bra.  I like the support that it provides. (I am naturally a small B cup.)  It can become really uncomfortable to go without it especially on the days that I am really active physically.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I dressed all the time in college. After college, except for pantyhose, I didn’t dress for over 20 years. When I began again around 8 years ago the longest I have gone without dressing is maybe two weeks. I missed it terribly.

Hi Fiona,

A great question!

Since I’ve worn panties every day for years now I need to think back many years.  I answered a day but it’s probably less than a day.

Alice

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?