Viewing 17 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Aside from moisturizer, etc., when you start getting ready for girl mode makeup-wise, what is the first thing you put on? For me, it’s always been my brows. I do them, re-do them, refine them, until they’re right. It sets off how the rest of my makeup is going to look, even if I decide to barely put anything on. All of it is dependent on how my brows turn out. It’s such an important area to get right, since it’s the eye area that really sets off that gender identification at first sight. At least to me, brows can really make all the difference, so I start there and determines how/what I’m going to do with the rest of my face with makeup.

Interestingly, even if I had no plan to go out dressed, or even if I’m barely in the mood to get into girl mode, once I do my brows, I end up putting more make-up on, then getting dressed, then going out and get really excited about being in girl mode again. For me, brows starts it all! 🙂

Angela Booth
      Hostess

For me it’s a little concealer as an underbase around my mouth and cheeks. It is something I have done for a while now. I haven’t a faultless skin, faulted being the operative word. I then do foundation and then the eyebrows. Work top down. I agree with you Carmen that once they look right the rest falls in place. 

A friend of mine said that the brows are never exactly the same. Not twins but sisters!

Once done Cinders can go to the ball, or work……

So true, not symmetrical that’s for sure… but that doesn’t stop me from trying to make them as such. I do follow the natural line, but work within it to create a nice thin curved line. For me, they have to start at the exact same spot, and they end at the exact same spot on the left and right sides, and the peak and curve have to look identical… or I end up redoing them until I get it “right”. I know, I’m a little perfectionist in the details, but I can’t help it LOL.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

You like to be symmetrical whilst I am asymmetrical. It could raise a few eyebrows……

For me it’s primer.  Next is red lipstick.  But not on my lips.  Over the facial hair, to act as a beard cover.  The foundation over the lipstick hides most of my facial hair.  I touch it up with Ben Nye 5 O’Sharp on the upper lip where the hair is a bit more dense and needs that extra cover.

There is an orange concealer that works pretty well for a natural look… L.A. Girls PRO.conceal. After applying put on a finishing powder over it before applying foundation… it helps with the bleed-through. I tried the red lipstick on my upper-lip shadow, and even using matte, it made my mouth area more “redish/orangey” after some foundation, which then I ended up wearing even more foundation, and then it goes downhill from there. 🙂

It depends on the foundation.  If the foundation is very pale, you want an orange lipstick.  If the foundation has a yellowish component to it (more towards tan or brown), the yellowish component works with the red lipstick to create that orange.  The orange (either directly or via mixture) neutralized the blue of the beard.

Well Carmen, you definitely seem to have the whole makeup thing nailed! For that matter, the whole everything. I just looked at your photos and you are absolutely passable and absolutely beautiful.

Sadly, I cannot answer the question since my wife is not ready for me to use makeup yet (but I’m working on it).

Catherine

Awww, thank you. From where I sit, putting on makeup would be nothing in comparison to just having a life-long partner in crime. I don’t even think I’d crossdress if I had what y’all have (assuming a happy loving partnership).

Pink lipstick xx

Revel
      Baroness

Blush or brows for me.

Barb Wire
      Lady

I dunno… Make up is a mystery to me, much like the offside-rule in English football was for me. But I’ll get there!

However, I LOVE my mascara and lipstick! And I often keep them in my pocket, just in case I have to freshen up.

Happy Christmas, Carmen!

High five!

Barb 🙂

YES! I need a reason to carry my lipstick with me… I’d like to find that reason that I’d need to carry it to freshen up after because I’m getting it all messy… on somebody… oh wait, did I just say that? LMAO.

Happy Holidays to you too!

Anonymous

Hi Carmen,

I start with lipstick. I’m not very good at it, yet. I can only hope that I can develop skills that are half as good as yours.

Hugs, Jillian

Oh gosh, thank you. I’d recommend a 10x makeup mirror… it truly is my most valuable tool when applying makeup!

My mom’s lipstick when I was about 5 or 6.

I waited until 11/12 to

put on my mom’s lipstick. Red lipstick and red leotards.

Hugs

Jenna

I find it interesting how many girls said lipstick. That is the last thing I put on. The cherry on top.

I start with moisturizer, then primer and foundation, then eyebrows, eyeliner, mascara and eye shadow, then blush, my wig and, finally, my lipstick. I guess I put it on last because that’s what I always saw my mother do.

Hugs,
      Elise

I also put lipstick on last… most often times AFTER getting dressed and sometimes even after putting on my shoes lol…. point is, yes lipstick is always last.

I think the reason for it being last is the entire look (how my makeup and clothing choice of the day turns out) dictates the shade/style of the lipstick.

Kimmie
      Lady

Lipstick. My mom’s red lipstick.

Beard cover. Lipstick is the very last thing I apply.

Anonymous

I do my eyes first. I still can’t do my mascara and liner without tearing up, but I am getting better. If I do anything else first, I have to fix it. Got done MAC cosmetics, they make a big difference…apply easy and smoothly and so many color choices! Eyes first, the rest is easy since I don’t have to deal with beard concealer

Love it. Yeah, I’m grateful of being beardless in girl mode!

I have several MAC products, but haven’t really used them much. I keep going back to my dollar store reliable stuff. LOL.

Anonymous

I love MAC stuff, especially the eye shadow palette! So much fun!

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Not counting moisturizer as you said…

I start with Becca Zero, a clear foundation that has retinol in it… very lightly…especially on the areas that I don’t put regular foundation(forehead for one). It blurs the surface a bit and helps to tighten with the reaction to the retinol.

The next thing I do is my eyes. Lashes/shadow/liner… I was taught in a makeup class to do the eyes first. They’re the hardest to get right when learning and if you’ve got full foundation on and F up the lids, you’re likely going to screw up the foundation taking makeup off the eyes to start over.

You could also argue that beard cover could go first so it has time to set before adding foundation. But I don’t always use a cover under the foundation,  so I left that out…You’re choice on that one…

Have fun painting!

Xoxo

Rayna

I usually start my transformation sessions by putting on my undergarments but I know that;s not what your asking.

I first like to sprits on some perfume and start enjoying the sent. I then start with foundation and ruge. Ater that it’s spending an hour or more on eye makeup.

Lastly, it’s my wig and dress and I look in the mirror with a big smile on my face and feel like such a happy pretty girl.

Anonymous

After much trial and error, I shave twice, going against the grain the second time and then start with a good foundation, followed with lip and eye primer (to let it set). Eyebrows, eye liner, and then eye shadow and finally mascara. Touchup as necessary! Lip liner, then fill in with lipstick. Cheek highlights are last.

Not really part of this conversation, but I like to be semi-dressed when I apply my makeup. Panties, hose and garter, heels, bra with the twins, all covered by a kimono! That definitely sets the mood! Once the makeup is complete, I get dressed, add an appropriate wig, jewelry and the crowning touch…. earings!

What’s most important is finding a routine that works for you!

Hugs, Lisa

I leave eyes and brows last not sure why.

I put on my foundation, then contour, blush, highlight, bronzer, lipstick.

Then I go to brows then eyes.

I use a lot of cream eyeshadows so I don’t have to worry about product falling down on the foundation.

Alanna

Lip liner helps quite a bit in this area. It allows you to draw the outline of your lips with more control and precision. It also keeps the lipstick from smudging outward while providing a clean line. Of course, if you’re smacking on someone after putting it all on, then this is all a mute point. 🙂 I’d rather be smacking on someone, so that would be worth having smudgy lipstick for. LOL.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?