- Nail polish
- Gel polish
- Acrylic nails
- Nail powder
- August 9, 2022 at 7:27 am #668678Holly MorrisParticipantRegistered On: April 15, 2022Topics: 63Replies: 150Has thanked: 1871 timesBeen thanked: 1632 times
Let’s face it, we all love our fingernails and toenails to look pretty, as that’s just one more way to show the world how feminine we are! But today there are so many choices, it’s hard to know which one to choose. I typically choose nail polish first, because there are so many colors to select from, it goes on quickly and easily, and I can change it depending on my mood or my outift. I love other options too, like gel nail polish and acrylic nails, especially if I get them done at a salong where I can have the full, relaxing spa treatment.
So of course, that got me to wondering…
What’s your favorite way to highlight your nails?
- August 15, 2022 at 8:34 am #670200Greta La FolleLadyRegistered On: August 6, 2022Topics: 5Replies: 182Has thanked: 370 timesBeen thanked: 582 times
- August 10, 2022 at 7:12 am #668970Trish WhiteBaronessRegistered On: December 2, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 357Has thanked: 1654 timesBeen thanked: 1344 times
With having a non-supportive wife I need nails that look good but are so easily and quickly removed. So for me, I buy the glue on clear acrylic nails and apply the nail polish once I have them cut and shaped to the length I like. I usually have 2 sets on the go, one with usually a red colour and the other with a coffee colour. My toes are usually painted coffee colour. If I look after them they last quite a while and come off very easily by soaking them in hot soapy water. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
- August 10, 2022 at 2:02 am #668936Dianna RoseLadyRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 1107Has thanked: 1968 timesBeen thanked: 3876 times
There is nothing like going to a salon and getting your nails done.
What an awesome and glorious feminine feeling! When I walk out of my favorite salon (Elegant Nails on La Canada in Oro Valley, AZ) and drive home and seeing my done nails on the steering wheel… talk about a flood of pink. Wow!
Love to all.
- August 9, 2022 at 8:29 pm #668914ZennLadyRegistered On: April 4, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 46Has thanked: 63 timesBeen thanked: 218 times
- August 9, 2022 at 8:26 pm #668913Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 13Replies: 845Has thanked: 685 timesBeen thanked: 3559 times
I’d have to answer “Why bother?” When I go out, it’s usually on a Saturday night. But I have to be in male mode until early afternoon, at which point I don’t have enough time for nail polish to cure. Not just dry on the top, but dry all the way to the nail bed. Usually I need to put my license in my wallet, or reach into my purse, or do something that will end up messing up the nails, even an hour or two after the top is dry. And I have to remove the polish off that evening because I have to be in male mode again early Sunday morning. Even on other stretches at home, I’m likely to be on zoom and would have to hide my hands. It’s just not worth it.
One time I split my thumbnail halfway down the nail bed. I tried nail glue, but it didn’t hold the type of split I had, and I would catch it again and rip it down long before I could get it to grow out. I went to the nail salon, and I think they put an acrylic nail (they used a powder and a solvent, then painted the mixture on top of my thumb that hardened on top of my nail). I had that on for about 2 months before the split grew out without further damage.
While nail polish is kind of my answer, since I never get to wear it I have to go with other.
- August 9, 2022 at 6:44 pm #668894Cassie JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 58Replies: 1020Has thanked: 2390 timesBeen thanked: 4669 times
- August 9, 2022 at 4:21 pm #668849Rayna CarlianDuchessRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 463Has thanked: 597 timesBeen thanked: 1635 times
I love, LOVE a full set of professionally done acrylics on my fingers with matching gel polish on the toes as well.
I feel SO absolutely glorious with long pretty nails…
I just hate the PITA of taking them off… I would keep them full time if I wasn’t still keeping a low profile at work…
get those Mani/Pedi appointments girls!
- August 9, 2022 at 3:54 pm #668842Rhonda LeeBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 108Has thanked: 133 timesBeen thanked: 527 times
I can never dress for long periods of time, so avoid gel, which is tough to get off. I keep polish on until the last possible moment. I leave polish on my toes until my next pedicure. I have even gone to the beach with my kids and grandkids with pink polish on and don’t think twice about leaving polish on when getting a massage or seeing a doctor. There might be occasions where I would not want to expose my toenails to others, but those occasions are very rare. Fingernails, though, is something I don’t show in public locally, unless dressed en femme, so want polish I can get off quickly.. used to take me forever to get polish off, still leaving traces, but the Equate pads can do the job quickly. Doubt that would be true of gel though. Same for acrylic?
- August 9, 2022 at 9:22 am #668721Sandy HoneyLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 24Replies: 474Has thanked: 312 timesBeen thanked: 2463 times
I love dip powder on my nails and gel on my toes. Dip powder seems to last the longest on my nails vs gel or acrylic. I have difficulty doing my own nails so always go to a salon to get them done abut every 3 weeks. My nails are nice and long and I so enjoy keeping them looking nice and clean.
- August 9, 2022 at 9:03 am #668714Lauren MugnaiaDuchessRegistered On: November 1, 2021Topics: 15Replies: 349Has thanked: 3574 timesBeen thanked: 1866 times
Gel polish on top of my own fingernails, They are now the longest they have ever been, well over an inch long from base to tip. The gel polish strengthens the nails and it doesn’t chip. You can see what they look like in my latest uploaded photo, the one with the dangly earrings. 🙂
Ms. Lauren M
- August 9, 2022 at 8:15 am #668696Deborah SullivanLadyRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 974Has thanked: 4677 timesBeen thanked: 4158 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.