• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Girls, can you name a book that you have read on the subject of cross dressing or transgender? maybe you have read more than one!! maybe lots!! maybe you have a whole library devoted to the subject! please share, what books have you read? 🙂 .

Fiona xxx

Anonymous

The only one i have read so far is Crossdressing with Dignity, but plan to read a few more soon.

Lisa

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

So far I have read ‘My Husband Betty’ by Helen Boyd abd currently reading ‘trans like me’ by c n lester and ‘the two worlds of tina” by Natalee Greenfield

Michelle Liefde
        Ambassador

Currently reading Gender Outlaw by Kate Bornstein.

hey Michelle, reading C N Lester and really enjoying it – great thoughts presented so well.

Anonymous

Yes, You Are Trans Enough: My Transition from Self-Loathing to Self-Love by Mia Violet.

If someone took the first 25 years of my life and decided to set it 25 years later on, then that would remarkedly be like the first half of this book.   If anyone here thinks they are more on the transgender/gender dysphoria side of things then I suggest picking this one up.   And thanks to Renee Devereaux for suggesting this book over at TGH.

Anonymous
        Lady

I recently read Mia Violet’s excellent book, Yes, You are Trans Enough. I found it quite harrowing in parts of her journey and emotionally engaging.

Living With Crossdressing by Suzannah Hauk is “required” reading in my view. It is very helpful.

Deanna Lund
      Duchess

I have read many and have many more to read. So far they tend to be forced feminization books like [b][i]The Making of Danielle[/i][/b] and the [b][i]Satin Falls[/i][/b] series both by Ann Michelle right now I am reading [b][i]The Sissy Sort[/i][/b] by P. F. Dee. I would like to read about why I want to dress like a woman. I have some inkings of things from my past but I would like to read some good analysis. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

I while back I read, “She’s not there: A life in two genders” By Jennifer Finney Boylan.  It was many years ago and I remember enjoying it, when it was on the best seller’s list back then. I even went and saw her talk at a library meeting, where she read exerts out of her book (shes a local author). Mind you this was some time around 2004-2005, when openly transgendered people were just starting to become widely accepted. I had to go see her talk because I really wanted to meet my first openly transgendered person. It was almost like a movie star.

Thanks again Fiona for another opportunity to share some writings that are so important to me, as a full-time crossdresser.

Non-fiction: In no particular order

Read My Lips: Sexual Subversion and the End of Gender by Tiki Wilchins

Living with Crossdressing: Defining a New Normal by Savannah Hauk

Satisfying Your FEMININE Later Ego by Stefanie Kingpin

My Transvestite Addictions by Jack/Jacquelina A. Sheila

Skirting Gender: Life and Lessons of a Crossdresser by Vera Wylde

Why Not? by Barbara Deloto and Thomas me when

What’s in the Panties? by Cheryll Smith

From Both Sides Now: A Memoir of Transsexuality by A Lexus Sheppard

Crossdress time Impress by Lesley Scott

And an excellent free article to read:

The Psychology of Cross Dressing

at

http://www.theschooloflife.com/thebookoflife/the-psychology-of-cross-dressing/

I’m always looking for good non-fiction books to read on the subject of Crossdressing. In addition, there are a plethora of non-fiction erotic novels available that I occasionally partake in when I’m in a slutty mood….hehehe!

Enjoy Reading, Nikki

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

The more I read Gender Outlaw by Kate Bornstein, the more I really enjoy her writing.  She shows a lot of humor, knowledge and warmth within the book.  I am glad I bought it and can see myself reading it again.

Anonymous

Tea and Transition , My Husband Betty , Alice in Genderland & Living with Crossdressing are probably the best reading I’ve come across , I prefer non fiction CD material X Tiff

Anonymous

Nonfiction:

Unzipping Gender: Sex, Crossdressing and Culture by Charlotte A. Suthrell

The Lazy Crossdresser by Charlie Anders

Tranny by Laura Jane Grace (autobiography of the singer for Against Me!)

Fiction:

Lonely Werewolf Girl by Martin Millar (features a closeted, crossdressing werewolf!)

Sandman graphic novels by Neil Gaiman (several TG characters are featured throughout, including a drag performer named Hal in the “A Doll’s House” story arc and Wanda in “A Game of You.”

My library has an extensive transgender resource collection, and just searching because I couldn’t remember the titles of some of these books make me realize I need to get over there and get some more!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?