Viewing 135 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Curious to hear mine is classical

Anonymous

I am a fan of classical and movie soundtrack music.

That is great same

Gisela Claudine
      Duchess - Annual

I like classical too. Actually I listen to all kind of music except rap. My favourite genre is balads.

Anonymous

I’m a 60’s, 70’s child, rock and roll. If it’s too loud, you’re to old.

Anonymous

I’m a true blue ” bluegrass ” lover. Sweet sounds of a banjo, mandolin and fiddle  . I can never get enough!

There’s only good music and bad music.  I love good music.

jean cherub
      Baroness

I like 80’s country, pop , heavy metal ballads . Some of the new stuff is ok .

60’s and 70′ rock also Classical and Swing

Oldies Rock & Roll and Classic Country are what I listen to the most, but there is very little I can’t appreciate in other genres—I am, however, finicky in what I call good!

I am fortunate to have a good choice of AM-FM radio stations, and online streaming services.

Anonymous

My personal favorite is heavy metal and sub genres of metal core, doom metal, melodic metal, goth metal, classic heavy metal, nwobm (new wave of British metal as in Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Saxon, To name a few. I also listen to progressive rock – Dream Theatre, Avenged Sevenfold, classical music, 60 & 70s rock, Garth Brooks & Trisha Yearwood, and just a few other country artists. I have even been known to listen to some blue grass from time to time (West Virginia and Kentucky roots). But, yes, my absolute fave is metal and Christian metal! TTFN

Danielle

Anonymous

Metal and hard rock all the way! With some emo styles. From slipknot, avenged sevenfold, bullet for my valentine, system of a down, to the used, taking back Sunday, pierce the veil, AFI, the list goes on, but draw the line solely at those styles of music

Classic Rock, Jefferson Airplane, Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Hot Tuna. I’m 66 and still crank up the car radio (KQRS 92.5) too loud especially when Sammy Hagar does ‘I can’t drive 55!’

Forgot to add my favorite, Pink Floyd. I listen to the English recorded version “Pulse” a lot.

Pink Floyd is one my favourite all time,did see

Roger Waters last year,it was amazing

Anonymous

Wow  hard to believe August 2019 ,Woodstock festival 50th anniversary. Hope they have something going on!

I am a Metalhead with a healthy appreciation for punk and hard rock. I listen to everything, but when I’m feeling out of sorts, I go right back to Metallica and In This Moment to feel better.

Anonymous

I like most music: rock, pop classical, folk, jazz, experimental.  My usual go-to music though is either female singer-songwriters (Kate Bush, Jane Siberry, Chantal Kreviazuk, Tori Amos, Fiona Apple etc.) or something within the prog/post/punk/experimental/electronic rock area (Julian Cope, Swans, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Nurse With Wound, Radiohead, Klaus Schulze etc.)

That said I am currently listening to “Little Sparrow” by Dolly Parton (folk/bluegrass).  Fabulous!

Mozart, Bach, Buddy Holly, Beatles, Beach Boys, Led Zep, Stevie Wonder, Genesis, Van Morrison, Fleetwood Mac, Queen, ABBA, The Jam, Bob Marley, Prince, Oasis, All Time Low, Rihanna, Panic!At the Disco, Ed Sheerin, Shawn Mendes. Someone help me put that in a genre ! Mainstream I guess, constantly evolving, just like me, try anything once

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Just love music in general! I can listen to folk, classical, jazz, blues, New Wave, Punk, country, bluegrass, and doo wop come to mind. I can have the Beatles, Johnny Cash, Sex Pistols play back to back with Lorena McKennit, First Aid Kit, & the Wood’s Tea Co.

Aoife
      Lady

In short tense folk rock/post-punk. New Jersey/New Zealand stuff. Kind of a specific genre of its own – the Bats, the Feelies, Yo La Tengo, Real Estate, The Clean, etc. also outside of those places so long as there is pastoral green and grey colours – Cleaners from Venus, Guided by Voices. That and lots of krautrock and postpunk, i.e. Can, NEU!, Wire, Spacemen 3.

I gravitate toward old rock, such as the likes of Led Zepplin and AC/DC, and alternative rock, such as the likes of Skillet, Pillar, Daughtry, and Evanescence. I also enjoy Within Temptation and Xandria as well as pop artists like Jennifer Lopez and Aloe Blacc. Whatever catches my ear.

I’m into pretty much anything I outgrew my punk style from high school (ripped skinny jeans, tight band t maybe a cute denim vest and funky hair/spiked jewelry anyone?). Doesn’t mean I outgrew the music though. Still a HUGE Sum41 fan. Other than that my radio is usually dialed into Pop2K or KIIS FM. I’ve gotten more into the pop stuff again and Sirius is my best friend lol

roberta
      Lady

Country , like the line in an old Bellamy Bros song sweet nostalgia “no more bobby pins on the floorboard of my old Chevrolet , and rock n roll turned into country way back in 1978….”  thats how we got the movie Urban Cowboy and that movie is in part about just that as I am old enough to have ben there and I was …

Anonymous

Roberta,

Do you mean you have been to Gilley’s? My bother and I and our wives used to go, and it was a blast. Hated to lose it when it burned down.
        Bettylou

hi girls! I think I must be a bit weirder with my choices of music. i’m heavily into drum and bass, uk garage, speed garage, 2-step, some dubstep, upfront house, 4×4 bassline, jungle, reggae, acid house, rave etc. I am addicted to bass and fast beats. I have done live mixes doing this and I really enjoy music. on the far end of the music spectrum I also enjoy 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s pop music too. 🙂

fiona xx

Anonymous

I spent my preteens listening to ’80’s pop, and when I turned 14, evolved into heavy metal, thrash and some punk rock. Joined the Army and started listening and dancing to country music and rediscovering the tunes from the late 60’s and 70’s. As a civilian in the late 90’s, my brother got me into some gangsta rap and the latest nu metal and alternative metal. The last 10-15 years, I haven’t been really interested in the new stuff except when a new Megadeth or Slayer album are released. These day(past couple years), I’m YouTubing all the old 1980’s pop and metal videos.

Anonymous

Metal and hard rock – but very open to other styles.

Music from 2000 on hasn’t done much for me, but everything up til then.

My first concert was AC/DC on the Back in Black tour, 1980. Was gutted not to see Bon, but I think most people recognise how great an album BiB is, even if they’re not a fan.

When I was 10, I saw Top of the Pops for the first time at a friend’s house – my parents wouldn’t allow it, being very religious.

Wow!!! ABBA, The Glitter Band, Slade, Mud, Showaddywaddy, and best of all, the Sweet.

Loved the glittery clothes and star-shaped guitars – and the music!!!

Anonymous

I’m pretty much across the board when it comes to music; rock, bluegrass, blues, classical, country, R& B, Hawaiian, etc!

Being a child of the 60s, classic rock is where I go first: Beatles, Beach Boys Greatful Dead, Hendrix, Yardbirds, the Who, Jefferson Airplane, Frank Zappa.

During the early to mid 7os, I was a bouncer at concerts. Since then I like my music not so loud!

I listen to pretty much everything but gospel. My iTunes file is as varied as it is massive. On the daily, I typically listen to 80s pop and alternative, classic rock, and punk. But when I’m creating a playlist, it’s ‘anything goes’, as long as it suits the mood!

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Still a rocker girl at heart but with a hint of bluegrass and folk.

Anonymous

[quote quote=135517]I’m pretty much across the board when it comes to music; rock, bluegrass, blues, classical, country, R& B, Hawaiian, etc!

Being a child of the 60s, classic rock is where I go first: Beatles, Beach Boys Greatful Dead, Hendrix, Yardbirds, the Who, Jefferson Airplane, Frank Zappa.

During the early to mid 7os, I was a bouncer at concerts. Since then I like my music not so loud!

[/quote]
      Wow! Not often does someone add Frank Zappa as a go-to! Miranda, you are a girl after my heart! 😍🎶

I like lots of rock including blues,today i’m going to see a british band 10cc,but i also like some metal bands like ac/dc,Metallica and maiden

Anonymous

Growing up it was rock. Being a Brit it was thin Lizzy,rainbow,deep purple etc but now I listen to most things. Struggle a bit with modern stuff.

Donna

Hi girls.

As a child of the 60’s it’s perhaps no surprise that I’m a bit of a rock chick – head banged my way through my teens, twenties and into my thirties lol. These days I have developed a very eclectic taste to music – just can’t get rap though. It is no doubt very cleaver but is it really music? What about the melody? What about rhythm etc etc? When broken down, nothing that makes rap, musical (IMHO).

Used to be massively (still am) into ‘prog-rock” especially the likes of Genesis, Santana, Fleetwood Mac, Doobie Bro’s, CSNY, Pink Floyd and Yes. Times passed and tastes change and I developed a taste for some clasical stuff and a particular penchant for Jazz not only the likes of Ella Fitzgerals and the Duke but some of (methinks) the newer artisists like Cassandra Wilson, Diana Krall, Norah Jones, Eliane Elias, Lee Gibson, Madeleine Peyroux and Melody Gardot.

Also like some of the newish stuff e.g. I like Adelle, Gaga, Emeli Sande and some Katy Perry.

Also enjoy some country from the likes of the Dixie Chicks, Reba McEntire, Faith Hill (and her hubbie Tim), LeAnn Rimes and John Denver. Could ramble on but that would get dull and boaring for you all.

My absolute #1 regret is that I have zero musical talent. I’ve tried piano, claranete and the guitar but pretty rubbish at em all. Keep thinking about setting up an internet radio station, nobody would probably listen as there are sooooo many of them available but it would still be kinda fun to be out there – though it would be expensive, still fun though.

All this has got me thinking about a topic to post……..

Take good care girls

Anne-Marie

Music has genres?! mindblown

Kidding, kidding… I do appreciate them all, to an extent, though I tend to define music based on quality and not arbitrary classifications.  To me there’s three genres: good, bad, and mediocre.

A brief personal sampling of my beloved go-tos: Bach, Billy Cobham, Vigilantes of Love, Ben Folds, Muse, the Anniversary, TV on the Radio, Midnight Oil, Glitch Mob, the Rentals, Daft Punk, Miles Davis, Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, Lindsey Stirling, Tori Amos

Rene
      Lady

I’m mainly a late 60’s early 70’s brit rock girl! love The Kinks, Small Faces, The Creation and Troggs also very into the british blues scene of the same period Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac, The Groundhogs, Taste etc. but above all that Chuck Berry still holds my heart as the #1 king of rock. Hail Hail Rock and Roll!!!

I am a rocker My favourites range from Genesis of the seventies, Pink Floyd, Barclay James Harvest, Supertramp, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin and Yes. Yessongs and Going For The One are my favourite albums.

Prog rock for me as well – Rush and Yes mostly. Also a Mike Oldfield tragic. But for a change of pace I like post rock – Sigur Ros and Godspeed You! Black Emperor, for example.

I am a heavy metal / hard rock fan who listens to a lot of other styles, but country leaves my cold, (Sorry to all lovers out there.  It sounds strange but to crank up some old Hendrix, Deep Purple, Led Zepplin etc relaxes me. So listening whilst dressed is heaven.

If you want something heavy but weird try Baby Metal, Japanese heavy metal with Kawaii girls singing.

Davina

Anonymous

Ah! I love classical as well! My #1 is Beethoven. All the other ones like Mozart, Bach, Tchaikovsky, Dvorak, and whomever, they’re obviously well-liked. They’re big names for a reason! I love listening to Symphony Hall on Sirius XM!

Hi, Olivia, thanks for reviving this old thread, which originated months before I even joined CDH. I share your enthusiasm for music from the Classic period, but also Baroque and Early Romantic. I remember in the early Sixties, around Christmas time, my mother bought me a “record” (what do they call it these days, “vinyl”?) of Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker. I listened to it over and over. To this day, I still listen to it every year during the Holiday season (not that exact record, of course, but a disk).

I discovered Beethoven in the mid-sixties and became addicted to the Choral movement of the ninth symphony. A more powerful and stirring piece of music there never was. Time-Life publishing at about the same time offered a “subscription” of the entire works of Beethoven (on vinyl of course), symphonies, concertos, quartets, etc., and I bought almost every one. I carried them thru my adult life, but lost them all to Hurricane Katrina which clobbered New Orleans in 2005.

In college, in the seventies, I discovered Bach’s Brandenburg Concertos, which opened a whole new genre to be explored. To this day, I still have an email address based on the BWV number of the 2nd Brandenburg Concerto. I still listen to the 2nd when the mood strikes, as it often does. I had all six, on vinyl, but lost those in the flood as well.

Unfortunately, I never cultivated a liking for Mozart. I have no idea why not. But I agree with you on Dvorak and then there’s Smetana. Oh, and not to forget Handel — his “For unto us a child is born” wrenches tears from my eyes every time I hear it.

So, thanks again for commenting. It’s nice to know I’m not the odd gurl out when it comes to “Classical” music.

Anonymous

I enjoy a broad range , depending upon my mood , opera , classical right through to heavy metal – as long as it makes me smile ☺🌈

I mainly listen to metal, though at times I might listen to rap (the older stuff at least), older country, edm, and classical.

Anonymous

Music is a very big part of my life; always has been. Where I like most types of music, I DO NOT LIKE Rap. Unfortunately for the most part, much of the music over the last 20 years sucks. To truly answer the question though, Classic Rock, Smooth Jazz, Contemporary Christian, and much of the 80s music are my headphones go to.

I’ll listen to just about anything but opera. For the past few years I’ve been hooked on Mash-ups. Don’t know if this is considers a ‘genre’ but some of these DJ’s/Mixers are really clever.

i like alternative rock 90’s 2000’s. lately i’m listening to a lot of ezra furman, garage rock punk type band with some transgender themes, also with a lot of retro rocknroll stuff too, there’s a sax in the band.

Do I have to pick just one. Hahaha

When go to my stacks of wax I usually pull something from the rock genre, which is vast in it’s subgenres. But I do listen to everything from Alternative to Zydeco but I do have an affinity for Blues, Jazz, Funk/R &B, and Modern Classic (now isn’t that a weird pairing of words?) like Philip Glass, Steve Reich and Varese.

Aoife
      Lady

I feel like one of the girls (most likely older and from the UK) mentioned the Move here before but I cant find it. Just got a friend hooked on them recently and was thinking « Blackberry Way » wouldn’t be a bad drag name!

Angela
      Lady

Good topic. I like all kinds of music. My current go to is reggaeton. The beats are great and I love dancing. Heavy metal, classic rock, hard rock are my other favs.

Folk. Close second is Real (traditional) Country.

Anonymous

JAZZ! New Orleans Dixieland first, then Chicago style like Bix used to play.
      I’ve always though of myself as a “Jazz Baby”, and wished I could live in the 20’s. Now, I’m about to do just that – but I can’t do the Charleston, now, darn it!

That’s a pretty broad genre 🙂

Samantha Joan
      Hostess

My favourite decade is the 80’s. Perhaps I was a new romantic in another life or just born too late.

My musical taste is wide and varied, although Samantha now has her own playlist which goes on when I start my makeup.

Thanks for the great question! x x

Anonymous

I’m a metal girl through and through grew up with classic rock discovered Metallica and Iron Maiden (my favorite band to this day) and was hooked. Grew up in the 80s which I feel the best decade for music of all kinds. Lived with my grandfather for several years and with him it was early 90s and earlier country which I like too. The last few years I’ve been into female fronted metal especially symphonic metal. Love Within Temptation Nightwish Epica Xandria Sirenia Evanescence and also bands like Unleash the archers In this moment Kobra and the Lotus the Pretty Reckless Huntress Angelical Tears Battle beast and a whole lot more. I’m in the US so many aren’t as popular here as in Europe. Also absolutely love Adele

Anonymous

Either post punk or synthwave. 80s inspired music is just brilliant.

Anonymous

I’m with Samantha Joan , totally 80’s

But a wide variety depending upon mood , opera through techno. Spotify is a weekend must for us.

I’m a classical performer, a cellist, so performing 19th and 20th century works is my jam. The physical and mental demands of this music provides a focus akin to meditation as well as a euphoric release.

As a listener, my choices tend to be more specific. A bit of Prokofiev, Rachmaninoff, Arvo Part, Phil Glass, Sallinen, the Walton Cello Concerto, John Williams, Bach (Chaconne, second cello suite, St Matthew Passion)…I should add my pandora mix is swing, Squirrel Nut Zippers and BB Voodoo Daddy.

Hippie
        Lady

Big Bad Voodo Daddy I saw them in person, great band.

For Classical I like the work of Jaques Offenbach and George Gershwin along many of the others you spoke of.

I also think the music from the old spaghetti westerns should be in the same category as classical.

For example just look up the theme music pieces of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly and Fistful Of Dollars. Them two alone, but there are many others to add to that list.

Hippiw

Great post Lilley as you reed thru all the posts here I know im in trouble with this . You can pick out how old all these girls are by the artists and me the same I grew up early 60s then 70s 80s and one of my favorite groups was here we go ZZ TOP wow girls hope I didn’t offend any one about age joke love you all thanks.

Stephanie Bass

Hi Lilley,

Now here is an eclectic answer.

I grew up through the glam rock era of the 70’s and liked David Bowie, T Rex and The NewYork Dolls, moved into punk with the Sex Pistols, The Clash and The Buzzcocks. In the 80’s bands like Squeeze, Elvis Costello and the Attractions as well as electronic band like Ultravox and early Human League.  Not forgetting Joy Division and Half Man Half Biscuit.

Last few years I have really liked Springsteen, Green Day, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Slipknot and Muse. For a bit of variety there is also Eminem, Akala and Gary Clark jnr.

My music streaming covers all of the above and also lots of Johnny Cash, Buddy Holly, The Beatles and Elton John.  Oh and also Dvorak, Vivaldi and Wagner.

Jessica x.

Debbie J
      Lady

As Bruce Springsteen said, “I’m a rocker, baby, I’m a rocker.”  🙂

Cece X
      Lady

Wow, it looks like everyone wanted to answer this one! I try to stay contemporary with a lot of new rock bands (no pop, rap or country please), but my head and my heart will love you forever if you play me some live Rolling Stones or the Doors.

I’ve went thru an evolution in my music tastes; in my younger years it was whatever was playing on the radio.

Then in my early 20s, it was dance (high bpm).  Tried to get into rap but really couldn’t.

I didn’t get into music too much in my 30s due to medical issues.

Now, it is pop, my playlist in youtube/spotify is pure pop, and 99.9% female artists.

I will cover most of Jessica’s choice but would swap the last 3 for Demis roussos,Rory Gallacher and Chris Rea. Py xx.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

I’ll listen to almost anything except hip hop.  Still a rocker at heart and like Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and The Who.  Also of course Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks, Bowie, Beatles,  Gordon Lightfoot, Springsteen, it’s a long list.

Also love classical music, it’s so relaxing.

Favorite musicians:  Stevie, Jimmy Page, Roger Waters.

I can listen to anything but rap and hip hop.

My preference is Classic Rock. I love Heart, Pat Benetar, Joan Jett, Stevie Nicks.

I also love Clapton, Eagles, Doobie Brothers, Grand Funk RR, Bob Seger, Bruce Hornsby and anything from the early 70s to late 80s.

I also love early rock. Chuck Berry was a God IMHO. Bo Diddley, Jerry Lee Lewis and others also are on my playlists.

Country is ok. I just hate the really down home stuff and the newer stuff sounds more Southern Rock than Country.

I’m not a big classical music fan but enjoy it in small doses.

Hi you are a girl after my own heart. Since playing Gta SA I have loved classic rock. One of my favourite songs is Free bird, by Leonard Skynard, AHH a short 12 minute song.

Love Trish

Sarina
      Lady

I’d grown up with R&B and Classic Rock, but eventually moved more towards metal. It was in high school when I discovered Dir en Grey and the J-Rock sub-genre Visual Kei quickly became my favorite. I still love it to this day and enjoy discovering new bands!

Some greats are Dir en Grey, The Gazette, An Cafe, Kamijo, and Nightmare.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I worked at several non-commercial/student-run radio stations thru high school and college. During that time I was exposed to a very diverse range of genres and artists. Most of that music never got any airplay on commercial radio. But so much of it was simply excellent and deserving of a wider audience.

For me to pick a few genres or artists feels insufficient. I prefer to say independent music is what resonates. It’s the other 90% most of us aren’t hearing. Most of it is eminently listenable.

Curious? Go here:
      KEXP – Seattle
      KCRW – Santa Monica
      WFMU – New York
      KCMP – Minneapolis
      BBC 6 – United Kingdom

Emily

Nicole
        Lady

I like your list of radio stations. I would add 885 So Cal, their URL is 885fm.org

I love classic rock and metal. Classical is great too. I absolutely hate pop and rap.

I don’t have a favorite genre. There is some of just about Everything on my iPhone and iPad. In no implied order:

• Classical symphonic
      • Classical chamber music
      • Classic rock & roll
      • Popular music, but not recent
      • Big band
      • Blues
      • Cajun
      • Hip hop
      • Opera
      • Jazz
      • Ragtime
      • Neo-classical
      • Folk music
      Aoife
      Lady

Just wanted to add to Emily’s post about independent music/radio (I was active in radio in college with WECB and the more commercial-styled WERS in Boston) with WXNA in Nashville. One of the few things I really love about living there is that station. My favourite show is Psych-Out.

Krista
      Duchess

Every genre of music has its great songs just as each genre has its crap. I enjoy most genres of music except not into rap nor hip hop (though there are a couple of rap songs I like).  Tend to listen mostly to classic rock.  I’m 66 and have just started to learn how to play the piano (I already play guitar, drums and accordion).  There are some great tunes like Hallelujah, the Impossible Dream, Let It Be, and Danube Waves (a.k.a. the Anniversary Song) that I’m currently learning to play on the piano.  Stay safe, stay healthy, All the Best, Hugs, Krista

Anonymous

That’s funny Emily I did college radio also.  I also worked at a small FM radio station in Southern California.  It could have been the model for WKRP.

I really like country music.

I am very eclectic when it comes to music, depending on my mood I listen to everything from oldies, pop & rock, country, gospel, big band, classical, folk, blues. I don’t care for the screeching in heavy metal and I don’t care at all for rap or hip-hop.

Anonymous

Well girls, after releasing four brilliant albums Taylor swift lost herself with three aweful foofferings…..but her latest album ” folklore’ is her greatest work…..where on earth did she find this????….played to death in graces home already, it is beautiful xxx

Jill Marshall
      Duchess

Real Estate! Yes!

My favorite genre of music is – yes!.

My 1st real job was in a record store – yes, actual records – and i was exposed to all different genres of music.  So in my world the greatest rock n roll song ever is Beethoven’ s Fifth followed closely by Benny Goodman’s version of ‘Sing, Sing, Sing’. But I’m also friends with the monster that’s under my bed and the doughnut in granny’s greenhouse, all while the Hoosier Hotshots go from the Indies to the Andes in his undies.

I could go on but i think you get the picture. For me good music is good music no matter what genre it gets arbitrarily pigeonholed in.

So, turn it up, turn it up, little bit high, radio.  Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, ‘s got soul.

Thanks for listening.

Anonymous

Musical show tunes.

Future Funk.

Abby M
      Lady

I like classical, but I listen to other things. Recently, I have been listening to different brands of metal. Also like JRock.

Definitely classic rock, 80’s rock, metal.  Zeppelin, AC/DC, ZZTop, Foreigner, Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Ozzy, etc.  I also picked up playing Bass Guitar a year and a half ago, so Rush, Deep Purple, Dream Theater. Could go on and on.

Born and raised in Detroit so of course Motown sound.

How funny though that very much like @Bethany Delaney , I discovered Symphonic Metal looking for other groups like Trans Siberian Orchestra.  So Nightwish, Within Temptation, Kamelot, Serenity, Xandria, Beyond the Black, Avantasia.

I even recently posted Ghost Love Score in the music group.

European Metal is way better than so much here.  The talent is amazing.

Cant do rap or hip-hop

When I’m not bopping to 30’s and 40’s big band/swing, I’ll lose myself in all manner of Trance and Techno (and all the sub genres)

Rei

Gotta love that!! How AWESOME!!

Robyn

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

I still love New Wave, but will say I am just as comfortable to listen to Blues or Folk.

Anonymous

I adore Vivaldi and have been trained to play the Summer concerto on violin. But I also like to lose myself in electronic music, the type that makes the air vibrate when the bass is turned up. It’s a source! 🙂

Totally impressed!

Anonymous

Aww! Thank you, Mika!!!! 🙂 :-p

Anonymous

Classical – have you ever heard of the Russian pianist Valentina Lisitsa?  You can find her easily on YouTube

I listen to a lot of different styles of music, but I’ve always been especially drawn to really strong, unique female performers, from Ella Fitzgerald to Siouxsie Sioux. Lately a lot of Holly Golightly and April March. You’re probably familiar with April’s song “Chick Habit” if you’ve seen the movies ‘But I’ve Always Wanted to Be a Cheerleader’ or ‘Death Proof’, but check out her album called “Triggers’ (sigh). Also listening to Heartless Bastards, Detroit Cobras, and The Gentle waves. All strong bands with great chick singers. Revisiting 70’s Heart. I had a schoolgirl crush on Nancy way back then.

Hippie
        Lady

It baffles me that there are people who don’t. It has a reputation as being stuffy and aristocratic, which isn’t always unwarranted, but I’d like you to take a moment to look up Jaques Offenbach. Just look at that picture, and TRY to tell yourself you wouldn’t want to go out drinking with that guy. Then look up his best-known composition, the Infernal Galop, from Orpheus in the Underworld (it’s a song you already know, but not under that name). Now reflect on the fact that if he knew that was how he’d be remembered, and what would be done with that song, and TO that song, he’d be happy about it.

There’s more to the Classical genre than the creative mathematics of Mozart or the incarnated awesomeness of Beethoven; would that we had the sense to teach our children that.

Hippie

EDM and 2000’s rock weird combo but it works for me

Nicole
        Lady

I’ve been trying to get into EDM, but I’m having a hard time.  Do you recommend anything from the genre that I could start with to get acclimated to the style?

The best answer I can  give is whatever makes me feel the way I need to feel at any particular time. Atm I’m listening to a real classic, Terrence Trent D’Arby – Introducing the Hardline… just about a perfect album imo.

I go pretty heavy with certain types of jazz and blues for sure.

Kathleen
        Duchess

well it looks like we’re not going to cross paths real soon but you never know

Kathleen
      Duchess

Blues baby blues

Hard to nail down just one genre
      Alternative ,non mainstream country: Gram Parsons, Flying Burrito Brothers, Michael Nesmith, Commander Cody, Kelly Willis, joe Ely, Billy Joe Shaver
      Older Rock; Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison, Jerry Lee Lewis,Del Shannon, Creedence, Skynrd, Joe South
      Chick Rockers: Joan Jett, Runaways,Dusty Springfield, Evanescence
      Newer rockers: Old 97s, Drive By Truckers
      zero interest in anything techno,opera, hip hop or rap

I listen to a lot of music while driving at night. Definitely Billy joe Shaver (rip) not forgetting his son Eddy (rip) they did a brilliant gig many years ago in Newark uk. Other than that I listen to rock, blues, gothic, it depends on my mood. The Blues Brothers had a hammering the last few days also Jim Stienman

My music collection is very large and varied.  My nieces tried for a long time to nail down just what kind of music I liked, it sort of became a kind of game with us for them to figure out, but they finally had that light bulb moment.

I have jazz, blues, classic rock, Spanish music, folk music from around the world, even a little country, and other music that would be a genre unto themselves.  But the one thing that ties the vast majority of my music together is the guitars.  Even a lot of Kitaro’s new age music.  From something as soft as a John Denver waltz, to Greg Allman and Dickie Betts, to Bonny Raitt and her blues slide, to Jesse Cook and his awesome instrumentals.

The guitar drives almost all music with a few exceptions.  And good solid guitar work, that makes sense in your head when you hear it, is truly something to see and hear.  And remember what they said in the early 70’s:  “Clapton is God.”<<<—(wearing a huge smile when I typed that)

PaulaF

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Paula F.

I am happy I found such a cool topic to include my response within.

As a DJ for many years, it seems hard to like one genre over another…but I do! 🙂

I will enjoy contemporary jazz when I am working as I like hearing the music without any words that get my attention as I love to sing with those kind of songs.  LOL  My most favorite song ever of this kind of jazz is LATIN QUARTER by Marc Antione. The Spanish guitar in it just takes me awayyyyyyy…..

Otherwise, I am a lover of what is now called classic rock, mainly of the 70s-80s with some 90s sprinkled in. Here’s a few of my most favorite groups/artists for those decades (impossible to list them all):

70s-Doobie Brothers; Foreigner; Led Zeppelin; Elton John

80s-AC/DC; Def Leppard; Bon Jovi; Van Halen; Tom Petty

90s-Nickelback; Five Finger Death Punch

ROCK ON, Y’ALL!  🙂

Stephanie

Definitely ROCK ON!!

🤘😝🎸

Robyn

Nicole
        Lady

Nice list!!!

We’re you a DJ on the radio?

💕Nicole

Nicole asked earlier in these posts about me. I was not a DJ on radio for long. I was a radio DJ once when I was really young and I was fired after about six months.

I went on to become a mobile DJ who also worked for a small DJ company. I have no idea of the exact number of different events for which I was DJ over the years.

COVID restrictions and client cancellations have stopped my business completely now. I am not sure if I will return to that career.

ChloeC
      Duchess

Well, I’m a boomer, so mostly late 50’s to early 70’s top40 music.  After that I had a family to raise so I didn’t listen as much though there are songs and groups that I hear and want to hear again, likePentatonix, FiveForFighting, others.  Jeff Lynne (who is my age which I just found out), the more I listen the more I like his songs. Jerry Garcia in his later years. Same for Arlo Guthrie. I love how Judith Durham has been able to sound so good as she has aged, absolutely remarkable. I also will go back and listen to big band music of the 30’s and 40’s  as well as ‘the standards’. Oh, and Jimmie Rodgers (Honeycomb) who just passed away last week, sad to say. My tastes are all over the place.

Hippie
      Lady

That’s a hard one for me. I love a wide range of music. From Classical to 1930s-1940s-1950s-1960s-1970s all the rest. That even includes death metal, rock and roll, and country western music

Hippie

Jay Noe
      Lady

[postquote quote=92658]
      Pop punk. Not necessarily the most musically technical or complex genre in terms of instruments or vocals, and some topics are repetitive (relationships, growing up and being different) but has plenty of youthful energy and a real sense of fun coming from the people making it, with little jokes in videos, or lyrics, and is music that always gets me going!

https://happywheels2.io

Anonymous

This girl likes to swing her hips to country music

Anonymous

I’m open to most music, but nowadays usually 10 – 20 years behind the curve. (Did I tell you about this great new artist called Pink?)

But my roots are in the 60’s. early 70’s.  Soul, The ‘British Invasion’, the San Francisco sound, psychedelia, folk music, folk rock. Oh, …and just maybe I should single out the Grateful Dead

MelanieElizabeth
      Ambassador

Really any kind of rock music. Punk and metal used to be my favorites but in the last decade or so I’m more into alt.  Lately I’m obsessed with death cab for cutie. Also Muse, the Shins, arcade fire etc. A little calmer than the punk and metal from younger days besides  I’m getting a little too old to mix it up in the pit .

• My collection ranges from the 40’s to present.  Heavy to classic rock of the 60’S & 70’s, blues, blue grass, motown and a bit of classical thrown in.  I love great guitarists from all styles- Roy Buchanan, Poppa Chubby, Danny Gatton, Mark Knofler, Eric Johnston, Hendrix, Chet Atkins, BB King, Al Demola,et al,  I’m amazed at what they can do.  I wish that I could  make guitars sound half as good.
        Nicole
        Lady

Eric Johnson is unbelievably awesome.  His Cliffs of Dover is exceptional. I had a friend claim he(my friend) was an excellent guitarist, but when I asked him to play the song he gave up after a couple of days trying.  I did see a YouTube video of a HS kid that had it down perfectly.

Nicole

Nicole
      Lady

I like all genres, with the possible exception of Classical. Right now I’m listening to Rumer, but earlier today I was listening to Rockpile and Ian Gomm.

Anonymous

Love all types of music and listen to it all from motown to country to top 40 classic rock tech music the rave style music.  Name it I like it even classical.

I tend to like softer stuff. Lots of old stuff most of you haven’t heard like Jim Croche or Edward Bear. But I enjoy most music with the exception of most rap and I can not stand classical opera type stuff. I get pretty sick of Christmas music by the time the holiday is past. Sorry about Christmas!

Same for all of it. I love Jim Croce. As for the Christmas music, I can stand it for about 3 days. Except Mannheim Steamroller, I can listen to their Christmas album almost anytime.

I get sick of Christmas music the day after Labor Day if I am in a Walmart.

I will listen to anything but Opera and Rap. As for a fav? I couldn’t tell you as it changes from day to day. or even hour to hour. Classic Rock (Eagles, AC/DC, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Pink Floyd, The Doors) when I am driving long distances. Country when it is short trips. Electronic/Dub around the house, in the shower.

Anonymous

40’s – 70’s Big Band and R & R.

I don’t think I have preferred genre per se, but if I had to say so, it’s more towards heavy metal and alternative rock.

The top 3 musical acts that are personal to me would be Neurosis, 回路-kairo-, and the pillows, just to give an idea of how mixed they are lol. Others that I can think of at the top of my head: Iron Maiden, Nirvana, eastern youth, System of a Down, Gojira, Nevermore, Radiohead, Bjork etc… It’s a mish mash of styles yea

Anonymous

I grew up on British heavy rock, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple etc etc.

Mellowed a little now and one of my current favourite artists at the moment the country/blues artist Samantha Fish. She is not only a very decent guitar player but a fantastic vocalist I think she it so damned hot. I love her OTT makeup and 50s dress style. Maybe im drawn to her because Im a CD? Just wondered if other girls here find her attractive too???? If you’ve not heard of her have a look on youtube.

Samantha Fish is very talented! I’d definitely go see her live if I get the chance. I was a little surprised to see someone mention her as she is not a mainstream, big time performer. And yes, she is hot too!

Classical, including by contemporary classical composers Ludovico Einaudi, Arvo Pärt, Steve Reich, Philip Glass, and others

Anonymous

I like most types of music,

APART from rap and all this headbanging music, in the 1990’s when i used to go to the night clubs with people from work they used to play that all the time and you couldn’t work out where one record finished and the next one started,

I’ve ever only heard about 6 cover versions that were better than the originals,

1,Joe Cocker, with a little help from my friends is the best cover version I’ve heard well that’s my opinion,

2, the sound of silence by Disturb is another great song, it comes a close second,

There’s a few more but I’ll leave you to make up your own minds x

Hugs Roz xxxxx

My taste is so diverse I love all music. in my collection I have Jazz (Duke Ellington Earl Hines etc, Tamla Motown, Soul, Heavy metal, Eric Clapton, David Bowie, Queen and modern dance heavy Bass etc. Just to brag I have nearly 400 vinyl LP’s, 500 singles and over 300 CD’s

LOL Charlotte

I listen to everything from ABBA to ZZTop! Not too much rap or headbanger stuff, however there are exceptions. If anyone were to listen to my music library, they wouldn’t know what the hell is going on!

Dena, you took my own description of mymusic library, very cool.  When people ask about my music, I use almost verbatim the same as you, even to mentioning rap and most head banger.

Great minds do think alike!

PaulaF

I originally loved the whole Goth, Punk and New Romantic thing. A great excuse to dress up and get away from stereotypes.

These days I’ll listen to most things. These past few years I’ve been getting back into vinyl (records in the context of this conversation 😉 ) and that reflects a broad range. I still buy copies of the records I used to listen to the 1980s but I also buy material from new bands, particularly European Dark Wave.

Jen particularly likes some of the fun disco sound. Currently enjoying the work of US band Night Club. But my most recent guilty pleasure has been Sophie Ellis-Bextor’s double LP ‘Songs from the Kitchen Disco.’

So uplifting. You just gotta dance!

Classic rock

90s Rap/Hip-Hop/R&B (Rhythm & Blues)

Anonymous

Oh I – LOVE – classical. I’m a trained classical violinist. I like the way music is going though. For people to say, “There’s nothing good anymore” only means you’re limiting your exposure to self-expression, there’s incredible stuff out there. I’ve always liked pioneering stuff, since the Dutch Dj’s back in the day! I’m very partial to the stuff that’s out there now, It’s very intuitive, utilizing bass notes to resonate in such a way that you ‘feel’ the music? Amayyyzing. I can get very caught up in expression, so I find that really moving. I prefer to see the ‘oldies’ remain there, they’re a bit played-out now, (Not to say that they’re ‘terrible’) and it IS 2022… Let’s “evolve”..?? It’s a shame to miss out on ‘new’ feelings and emotions that can be evoked from new sounds, I hunger for it. …Music is a source. Each to their own, though. I understand respect and appreciate that. It’s as individual as we all are.

Have a great weekend.

x Lolli x

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Pop/Rock from the 60s, 70s and 80s. Guess I am dating myself, LOL.

Hugs, Liara

I was going to say the same, dating myself.  Country/western, Pop, Rock from those early years.  I listen to Celtic Thunder and found I like it as well, movie scores from the Star Wars, Close Encounter of the third kind to name a couple.  Overall just a general area, what ever I feel like listening to these days.  I been listening to more C&W, specially when out and about with my daughter Dee, she loves to listen to this one station when we are shopping.

80s Hair Metal, Classic Rock, Blues.
      In my 20s, I was in a Hair Metal band.
      No Rap, Gospel or Country.
      My wife says my fashion choices are usually leaning toward the 80s. I’m Stuck!

This is a fun topic.

Rock On,
      Celestine

all music for me as was brought up in the 70s my teens in the 80s and england was alive with new music and street fashions,but i would say house music is what i listen to the most x

I have always been heavier rock.

I am now into female Japanese heavy metal.

Try Lovebites, Band Maid, Aldious, etc.  Even kawaii metal with Baby Metal, though now no longer playing.

So many talented girls out there.

Davina

Anonymous

BxMxC is my jam lol

Classic 80’s rock and Trop Rock (Buffett, Chesney, Jesse Rice).

Anonymous

This girl is country music all the way!

I like all music really, just depends on the mood at the time… 🤷‍♀️😅

This great thread does seem to live forever and it is a fun trip down memory lane.  I listen to all types of music but my heart is really in 60’s and 70’s rock.  My wife and I used to dance 5 straight hours at big road houses with live rock bands every weekend (and drink some beer too).  It was absolutely that greatest fun for us but then finally it ended…. (we had children).   So to keep the rock hall memories alive I bought a jukebox and filled it up with 200 of the greatest 45 hits ever from that time.  I added a few pinball and video machines along with beer signs and topped it off with a flood of surplus pink neon tubes formerly used in the UW Rathskeller. Ah, the basement bistro and we didn’t have to worry about babysitters or driving home.  So, Rock and Roll never did die at our farmhouse and it also made a great alarm clock for kids oversleeping (She Caught The Katy by the Blues Brothers or Bad To The Bone by George Thorogood played at full volume).   So we had fun and all the kids got a valuable music appreciation course (oh, and they all learned to drive stick shift too!).  But then, they all grew up, moved out, got their own music tastes and bought cars with automatic transmissions.  Strangely now they all seem to have built their own version of the basement bistro in their homes.  What’s old is new?  Thanks for this fun topic and party on!  Marg 

Anonymous

Chloe is a huge Skillet fan, but also likes a little KPop mixed in with her rock music. And some 80s. Can’t go wrong with 80s rock.

Classical is my favorite. I am a former French Horn player an currently play the flute.

<script src=”moz-extension://a5db4fb3-7504-42a5-af80-56e622fefbfe/js/app.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>

Natalie Dane
      Duchess

I can listen to mostly any genre. However I have a soft spot for European Heavy Metal. You’d be surprised how much inspiration comes from classical music (which I also love!).

Natalie likes to listen to modern pop (specifically female singers).

-Natalie.

Anonymous

#1 favorite : Industrial

The usual go-to, make-me-feel-good music, in no particular order:

Slayer, Deadmau5, Mr. Bungle, Orphx, Front Line Assembly, Cannibal Corpse (first 4 albums), Nitzer Ebb, AC/DC (Bon Scott era), Helalyn Flowers, Nine Inch Nails, KMFDM, Pantera, Depeche Mode, NWA, Rancid, Beastie Boys, Pink Floyd (up to and including The Final Cut), Snoop Dogg, Anthrax, Rihanna … This is a never ending list.

My music choice usually reflects my current mood, and I love discovering new music on Bandcamp.

Anonymous

Excellent list

Oh that is so hard for me to answer. I guess if I had to choose only one, it would be the great jazz vocalists, Sinatra, Ella and I recently discovered Eva Cassidy who I adore! She unfortunately passed at only 33, but what she left is otherworldly!

Miss Eva Cassidy was an exceptionally good artist.  I have been listening to her for years.  it never gets old.

angelic voice, would have loved to hear what else she would have made had she lived.

Anonymous

I love any music by Steely Dan.  Especially Asia.

Anonymous
      Duchess

It depends on my mood. How I’m dressed. Most importantly, am feeling sexy, fun or rowdy. Being a city girl most likely my biggest influence. The majority of my library is ‘80-’90s some 2000s rap (Public Enemy, Digital Underground, Geto Boys). Mixed in is selective alternative, (The Cure, REM, Limp Bizket). Rounding it out are some random classic rock bands (The Who, Rolling Stones).

My favorite would be salsa music followed up by classical.  When working out I listen to EDM type music like Armin and Tiesto usually with minimal vocals. It gets me going.

Take care

Susan

Scarlett398
      Princess

My fave is R&B and Soul from the 1960s right up to today’s artists.

If the music doesn’t have a beat and I can’t dance to it, I’m out!

Great question Vanessa! 📸💄

This thread is a blast from the past! I am a very gentle and mellow person, I love music that exudes peace and harmony. My favorite artists will tell you what I like. Enya, Kitaro, Yani, Brian Crain, and the greatest guitarist in my humble opinion, Mark Knopfler.

Hugs girls, lots of hugs,

Lauren M

no particular genre.  my tastes are eclectic.  I like:

70’s/80’s rock – hundreds of songs/bands

a good bit of country

new age – Yanni, George Winston, Michael Manring, Scott Cossu, anything on Windham Hill label, Shadowfax, and many more

classical – beethoven, Dvorak (actually romantic music), etc.

jazz – Pat Metheny, Images, Indra Lesmana, Skywalk, Cabo Frio, Dave Koz, Allan Onaje Gumbs, and many more

Gospel

and some bands that don’t fit in these categories but I like them anyway – David Mallett, Larry Knechtel,  and others.

and let’s not forget Ray Lynch!  been listening to that since the 90’s.

this is just a tiny sampling of my musical tastes.  I wanted to be a professional musician when I grew up.  but alas, I never grew up…..

Anonymous

Heavy metal. All day every day. My favorite band of all time is korn. Anytime in my life that I’ve ever felt hopeless Jonathan Davis has been there to pick me back up ever since 94. That band has saved my life on a few occasions

“It’s like Duke Ellington said. there are only two kinds of music – good and bad. And you can tell when something is good.”

– Ray Charles

Rachel F
      Lady

I love 70s/80s rock and yacht rock most, but will listen to anything except country or rap.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

#1 – Classic rock – Stones, Clapton, Who, Pink Floyd, Def Leppard, Dead, Hendrix, Beatles
      #2 – Oldies – Beach Boys, Jan & Dean, 4 Tops, Martha & Vandellas, Guess Who, Paul Revere & Raiders

Wow I love so many different types from classical to country to blues to rock to metal. I will say I have been listening to the 70’s hits a lot lately i guess it depends on the mood I am in to relax or get pumped up or just casual. I will say hard rock is my favorite. Metallica, Godsmack, Five Finger Death Punch, Volbeat, loved Scorpions, Van Halen, ACDC, and music similar.

My tastes are a bit eclectic. Metal to blues to some jazz. Indie rock. 80s college. Anyone who knows the stations I’m pretty much WNUR and WXRT with a good dose of blues jazz and thrash/speed metal.

Anonymous

– I’m with you on Motown, Inga – and not forgetting the Stax and Chess labels (thinks Fontella Bass, “Rescue Me”)

Marti x

I’m sitting on the dock of the bay… watching the time rolling’ away…

Soul, without doubt! Aretha Franklin! It’s raining’ men!

I’m even older and like many of us we were in the Rolling Stones camp or the Beatles! No in between or liking both…
      For me Rolling Stones all the way and of course all the blues bands after that.
      Further on, yes, the Boss but not forgetting all the classic rock bands like Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, White snake… and all the grunge bands and all the beatbox rappers and all the rest that makes our music appreciation so much more diverse.
      Yes, I love classical especially baroque music of Handel etc. Who couldn’t?
      What a thread!

🎸💃🏼 Polly

Hi Inga,

Huge fan of The Boss here.  I just have him in the rock n roll part of my library.  I first heard some cuts from “Darkness…” back in ’74, and was instantly hooked.  I do believe that I have the whole collection on my computer, plus LP’s, cassette, CD and still even have ” Born To Run” and a couple of others on 8 Track.  One of my favorite videos is when he forgot the words to “Spirit In The Night” at Barcelona, but finally got it after a little struggle.

PaulaF

We have similar tastes Polly, except in the day I was more in the Beatles camp. Today, I have grown in appreciation for the Stones over the decades. Don’t forget Queen.

Alice Black
      Duchess

Sitting on the dock of the bay – Otis Redding

And no, I did not google that. I simply remember it.

Another one I remember and like is Rubber Band Man by the Spinners. That came a little later. I often watch that and many other tunes on YouTube video

Anonymous

Polly – please allow me to introduce myself, I’m a girl of wealth and taste…  Don’t need to hope you guess my name………

Jamie… I have refreshed my appreciation of Queen over this last year of Covid… seeing that Freddie died of another now forgotten pandemic!
      My wife is a huge fans and I have become so much more aware of all the nuances in their music!

Little high, little low… Polly 💋💋💋

Darling Alice… I can’t say I’m a rubber band man anymore! The rubber has stretched and perished!

But sitting on the dock of the bay… well, nowadays that has a lot more significance. It’s a refrain that sits in the back of my mind though it’s not ‘my’ song as it were!

Lots of huge and not so huge hits… they were all about joy for the most part!

Play that funky music, Polly 💋💋💋🎸💃🏼

Alice Black
      Duchess

Play that funky music white boy – to be complete. I can not remember who did that one.

Do you go on YouTube video? You can find all the old tunes there in various formats, sometimes old videos sometimes they just display lyrics.

Another song I liked from the 60’s is Up and Up and Away by the 5th Dimension. It tells the story of a balloon ride. I think there are about dozen video versions of that on You Tube.

I was born in 1954 so my musical hey day is more in the 70’s. I like Chicago(late 60’s), the Beach Boys(60’s), the Eagles, the Doobie Brothers, anything with Michael McDonald and/or Kenny Loggins, Orleans, Hall and Oates. America, James Taylor, Jackson Browne). But I was not a disco fan. I think rock and roll really did not go beyond the 70’s. I became a Country fan after that,(Alabama, George Strait, Garth Brooks, Reba McEntire, Diamond Rio, Restless Heart. Kenny Chesney, Travis Tritt, Tim McGraw to name a few). I think a lot of that music has rock n’ roll influences.

Polly, one other question. I notice you are from New Zealand. What do you think of Keith Urban? he is a more Contemporary Country artist and he is from New Zealand.

Alice, sweetheart…

Keith Urban? An Australian I think. I’ve never heard of him in a Kiwi context. Russell Crowe yep but Urban nope… a beta male that Nicole Kidman tortures!

The English influence has been huge in my musical journey and while I can groove to all of those you mentioned my favs were from the UK! However, Jan and Dean and the Beach Boys… totally influenced my surfing days!
      And… there were the acid/psychedelic bands like the Grateful Dead, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Moody Blues even Frank Zappa! Even writing those names brings back faces and places!

VAN MORRISON… what an artist!

Polly 💋💋💋

Nicole
      Lady

The Average White Band did Play That Funky Music White Band.

Keith Urban? Never thought of him as a Kiwi… never heard him being referred to as a Kiwi either! As for his music… nah.
      I’m a baby boomer as well… what a back catalogue of music we have… the old people’s homes are going to have to change their playlists soon! No more Vera Lynn

Play that funky music was by a group called Wild Cherry.💋🍒

Alice Black
      Duchess

He was born in New Zealand and his family moved to Australia. I was not totally wrong on that.

Anonymous

And here’s me telling you something you undoubtedly already knew…  Russell Crowe is (despite his identifying as being a citizen of Convictland) the cousin of  Blackcaps Legend Martin Crowe (R.I.P; a true great) and Jeff Crowe (well… not quite as great as his brother.)  Whatever:  I can’t resist sending out reams of trivia…  Irritating Inga…

Anonymous

Errrrmmmm…. Play That Funky Music…… wasn’t it Wild Cherry?  Sorry…  Now going to have a long Nicey & Smashy listen to BTO – after all, You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet!!!  Cliched Inga.

The Average White Band did a song called Pick Up The Pieces.

Nicole
      Lady

I think you’re right!!!

“… Pleased to meet you
      Hope you guess my name
      But what’s puzzling you
      Is the nature of my game…” 🌋🎸🔥🥀

I read your post and immediately thought about the song “The Consequences of Falling” by KD Lang — Lee Pace as Calpernia Addams lip-synched this song in a dance number in the movie “Soldier’s Girl”. Soooo long ago.

Viewing 135 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?