What is your favourite skirt style, and why?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Roxanne Lanyon 4 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

stephanie plumb
    Participant
    Registered On: November 17, 2018
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 115

I have written this post for the benefit of those girls who are new to cross dressing and are striving to find their style and make sense of the fabulous yet bewildering choice of clothes available to them. So come on you experienced girls, please take the time to join in with your advice and choice.

I have started with the skirt.  The bra must be the most feminine iconic garment because only females wear them, but the skirt runs a close second.  I am not talking about items made specifically for men, but skirts aimed at the female market.

My favourite has to be the A-line Skirt. It comes in many forms e.g lined or unlined, heavy weight or lightweight, and in many colours and patterns. It could have a zip up the back, or a full length zip (usually at the front), or buttons down the front, or have an elasticated waist band. Be high-waisted or sitting on the hips.   The one thing in common is the shape:- it is wider around the hem than it is around the waist, hence the flared “A-line” shape. I have also hear it described as a trapeze skirt. The style is as a mini-skirt or longer, but usually mid thigh/above the knee. A Skater skirt is similar but has a more more pronounce flare, and usually has modest pleating due to the wider flare. The above description also applies to A-line  and Skater dresses.

There are lots of reasons why this style is my favourite, but here are the key points:

The A-line skirt gives more definition to the female shape because it sits on the waist and accentuates the hips because of the flare. Your shape has improved already!  Yay!

Unlike straight or tight skirts you sense more freedom around your thighs. Great when the wind blows up it! Stop it! Swings nicely also.

Teams well with jumpers and blouses. Comes in many materials and patterns. Could go on but I don’t want to bore you too much.

I prefer lined or medium weight skirts because they hang better. Though I do have some lovely lightweight floaty ones too, for hot summer days. My favourite colours bright blue, black, and pink.

Stephanie P.

5 users thanked author for this post.
  • Author
    Replies
     Roxanne Lanyon 
    Participant
    Registered On: November 11, 2018
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 329

Honey, I love A-line skirts, that fall to the knees.  They are so adorable!  I would wear one for my partner in a heartbeat!

Sweet, Dear Roxanne

karley delaware 
    Participant
    Registered On: October 23, 2017
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 160

Hi. For now I am a simple girl and like the pleated skirts and enjoy the air flow around my legs and the freedom of not having my legs confined to being in  cloth  “tubes”  It’s also a lot cooler temperature wise.  When I cross my legs I like the feel of skin and being able to flirt with my legs by raising the hemline.  I also like skater dresses for the light material and being able to go in stealth with an outer layer of athletic shorts and a sweat shirt. When I am away from home I can take that layer off , put my wig on and have girl time driving or going to deserted place like a cemetery and walk around.

karley delaware

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Sasha Mcleod 
    Participant
    Registered On: October 1, 2018
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 101

I have a wide range of styles I like, I prefer short and sexy mostly.

black

3 users thanked author for this post.
       Nikki SiDee 
      Participant
      Registered On: February 4, 2019
      Replies: 30

WOW!Gorgeous Sweetie!

Anne Preuss 
      Participant
      Registered On: December 13, 2018
      Replies: 145

Ooooo Sasha, is that pic of you?

stephanie plumb 
      Participant

You can obviously pull it off better than i can.

Celeste Starre 
    Participant
    Registered On: June 26, 2018
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 91

I like a full skirt that can be worn with a petticoat.

Celeste Starre

Laura Lovett 
    Participant
    Registered On: November 18, 2018
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 304

I love flaring A line skirts, but not so much the wind, lol!

I settled for an office type skirt that flares out and gives a nice shape, but hangs nicely too, with a cheeky slit in the back to allow movement.

I’ve recently bought a couple of very tight, short jersey skirts, which are awesome with thick tights in the cold weather and look amazing .

My favourite as a boy were pleated gym and especially tennis skirts, with the frilly knickers the tennis players wore in the 1970s.

The first time I dressed up with a girl friend (who said she hated it, so didn’t last long), I wore a pleated black short skirt and white bra and blouse, and got her to wear the same so that we could be schoolgirls together.

I loved it, she didn’t, haven’t seen her since – and that was about 25 years ago.

Pah!

I also added a pink leather effect skirt to my collection, as I saw a girl wearing one,  and went into a real fantasy of what it would be like to wear. The almost solid shape it holds, looking so very girly, coupled with a tight top over a supportive bra.

I have to say that it feels as great as I imagined!

Love Laura

stephanie plumb 
      Participant

I  also have a tight pink faux leather mini skirt that, like you , i love to wear when i’m feeling sexy, with black holdups and 4″ heels. Don’t think i’ll walk the dog in it though!

Stephanie P.

Nikki SiDee 
    Participant
    Registered On: February 4, 2019
    Replies: 30

I prefer the shorter skirts, mid-thigh, with a flare to accentuate my hips and waist and to expose my best assets. My legs. Flirty little numbers that swish to and fro as I walk and the awesome feel of the breeze as it caresses my legs and panties! Oh so delicious and provocative!

Additionally, I like the slimming ankle-length dress, so very classy. But I do need to wear hip/butt pads when wearing them.

Thanks for the yummy topic……..Nikki

P.S. In all colors, prints, and designs!

Imogen Mann 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 2, 2019
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 57

I like black above the knee figure hugging skirts, not mini these days though (except you know, by special request). Do I get away with them at my age (does my bum look big etc)… Probably borderline there, but I’m working on it.

As the numbers go up, the hem comes down.

Imogen x

2 users thanked author for this post.
     Nancy Gamms 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 1, 2017
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 86

pencil or A line, had a black pleated skirt years ago that I loved.  So my answer is probably yes, i love skirts.  Just above or below the knee is perfect.  Not into minis or long skirts.

Anne Preuss 
    Participant
    Registered On: December 13, 2018
    Replies: 145

I have an A-line skirt, lightweight that is royal blue with a floral print.  Lengthwise it is a little below the knee.  I love it when I sit as it is just below the knee but when I feel flirty, I pull them hem up above my knee and cross my legs.  I love how I spin in front of the mirror and watch how the hem flared out in motion.

Tanya Dale 
      Participant
      Registered On: February 10, 2019
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 59

Hi Anne, my favourite colour is blue and I love floral print clothes. I’ve got a lovely dark navy floral print dress that I love to wear. I love skirts that are just above my knees!

Tanya Dale 
    Participant

That’s a lovely skirt.

Cynthia Hughes 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 12, 2019
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 47

My absolute all-time favorite skirt is the one pictured below.  Although it says it’s a pencil skirt, on me it’s more or less A-line.  I drooled over this particular one untill it came on sale and snatched it up.  This one is lined and a bit heavier material so it does not move around as much,  but it pairs so well with simple or fancy tops.

I can’t resist anything with lace on it.

And no that’s not me in the picture.

Cynthia

Penningtons Lace Pencil Skirt

Tanya Dale 
    Participant

I like A-line skirts as well. They do exentuate your shape and they feel great to wear. I like skirts that come just above the knee.

johanna lynch 
    Participant
    Registered On: August 9, 2017
    Replies: 20

I prefer jeans mini skirt

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account