- Mrs Doubtfire
- Nuns on the run
- Just like a woman
- All the Queens men
- Big Momma's house
- A little bit of lippy
- Boys don't cry
- Ma vie en Rose
- Other (please specify below, dont be shy!)
- March 9, 2019 at 3:03 am #158881Fiona-Ann MossAmbassadorRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 359Replies: 1192Has thanked: 3442 timesBeen thanked: 2717 times
Ok Girls, lets try something different 🙂 . Do you have a film which inspires you or gives you the impetus to carry on being you, do you have a film that has given you inner strength whether you are Transgender or a Crossdresser? I’ll list a few underneath, if you can think of a film yourself, please share it with us!!!
2 users thanked author for this post.
- September 27, 2019 at 8:37 am #227877
- September 26, 2019 at 10:37 pm #227730
- September 26, 2019 at 6:40 am #227326Sandy CraigParticipantRegistered On: March 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 158Has thanked: 32 timesBeen thanked: 203 times
First I will admit I have no favorite nor do I even watch much TV and must be 6 months since I last turned one on. I also do not actively search out and watch anything related to trans or CD characters though I have seen a few on the list. I did want to add a movie not seen in the replies. I enjoyed this and feel many might like to watch. I viewed on youtube but am sure it’s available in many places.
Different For Girls 1996
- September 24, 2019 at 7:34 am #226511Maria TroupParticipantRegistered On: October 20, 2017Topics: 2Replies: 47Has thanked: 52 timesBeen thanked: 47 times
- August 1, 2019 at 9:19 pm #203387
- August 1, 2019 at 3:28 am #203024Patty PhoseParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 759Has thanked: 401 timesBeen thanked: 1047 times
If I watched the Dukes of Hazzard, if I wasn’t already wearing my shiny tan sheer to waist pantyhose, short shorts and heels, when I saw Daisy I just had to put them on. More then likely I was already wearing them though.
- July 27, 2019 at 3:43 am #201405
- July 26, 2019 at 9:15 pm #201372GracieParticipantRegistered On: November 17, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 6Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 10 times
- June 23, 2019 at 9:21 pm #192669Patricia Marie AllenParticipantRegistered On: December 29, 2015Topics: 0Replies: 47Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 66 times
The first one I ever saw was “Some Like it Hot” Tony Curtis and Jack Lemon. Seriously funny. It’s a classic.
“Tootsie” was well done and I like the signature line, “I was a better man to you as woman than I was as a man.”
You’ve got to love “Mrs. Doubtfire”. I mean, who doesn’t like a good Robin Williams movie.
Far and away the best of them all was “Just Like a Woman” (1992). It hits every aspect of cross-dressings worst nightmare. First his wife comes home early from a trip and finds his femme clothes in their bedroom, assumes he had a woman over. Won’t listen throws him out and divorces him, then his landlady discovers him, this go better. She encourages him, goes out with him to CD club. Then he’s stopped by the police for speeding while en femme, his boss finds out and fires him over it. After to time of depression, his friend and work colleague encourages him and he and his landlady outwit his old boss and working for his bosses client out do him in a business deal. Great story. I could identify with him throughout.
- June 11, 2019 at 10:43 pm #184818Rachel PlainParticipantRegistered On: July 4, 2016Topics: 3Replies: 212Has thanked: 67 timesBeen thanked: 422 times
The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert – more drag than crossdressing, but mixes lots of fun with some genuinly poignant moments. And some magnificent scenery and characters.
(Did you know that Broken Hill in NSW holds an annual festival dedicated to the film?)
Strangely my favourite crossdressing film is the adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s ‘Stardust’. Crossdressing is not a main theme of the story, but one of the characters is a crossdreser, and it’s handled in a way that I found both sensitive and funny.
- June 10, 2019 at 8:03 pm #184535Tabitha B.ParticipantRegistered On: August 23, 2015Topics: 4Replies: 64Has thanked: 19 timesBeen thanked: 94 times
- June 11, 2019 at 6:59 am #184645MollyParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 117Has thanked: 379 timesBeen thanked: 225 times
Thanks for the heads up on this… It is a very good black mirror episode.
- June 11, 2019 at 7:01 pm #184787Tabitha B.ParticipantRegistered On: August 23, 2015Topics: 4Replies: 64Has thanked: 19 timesBeen thanked: 94 times
Didn’t you just love Roxette with her one bare leg, and one leg wearing a fishnet stocking?!
Great minidress, too. Perfect for street fighting!
- June 11, 2019 at 9:30 pm #184815MollyParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 117Has thanked: 379 timesBeen thanked: 225 times
I thought it was such a good look for the vamp fighter.. But!…. I loved the question and answer around “what’s it like?” and at that point, thought of all the different directions it could go. While I would have pushed it into a different path (switch roles), I found the eventual outcome more satisfying as being possibly realistic. I’m wondering what tech like this could do for this community… Being in the closet could mean something oh so much different, and Real Life Tests would be relatively easier and harder all at the same time.
It was a stunning conclusion however and had me thinking for some time.
Thanks for mentioning it here
- June 1, 2019 at 2:59 pm #182194Tiff AnyParticipantRegistered On: June 1, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 448Has thanked: 956 timesBeen thanked: 704 times
The Danish Girl
- June 5, 2019 at 3:42 am #182994Elise MichelleParticipantRegistered On: January 3, 2018Topics: 16Replies: 219Has thanked: 178 timesBeen thanked: 498 times
OMG. I watched that for the first time last week and it quickly shot to the top of my list. What a beautiful and tragic story. A must for any M to F to watch.
- May 28, 2019 at 5:19 pm #181309Paula1ParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2015Topics: 5Replies: 247Has thanked: 203 timesBeen thanked: 374 times
- May 28, 2019 at 10:37 am #181235Jessica V.ParticipantRegistered On: October 16, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 6Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 17 times
Soldier’s Girl! it’s based off a true story that is beautiful and horribly tragic. I’m not transgendered but I definitely appreciate the message and beauty of this story. We’re all different and special!
- September 24, 2019 at 6:24 am #226492
- May 17, 2019 at 3:00 pm #178096Lorie PeaceParticipantRegistered On: October 13, 2017Topics: 34Replies: 147Has thanked: 479 timesBeen thanked: 509 times
A movie I saw recently on Netflix is “Girl.” It’s a foreign film with subtitles. Very authentic, which means a bit tragic in places. OK, most of it. But the determination that she displays is inspiring.
- May 17, 2019 at 9:47 pm #178215Camryn OccasionnelParticipantRegistered On: December 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 314Has thanked: 424 timesBeen thanked: 561 times
Lorie, I’ve been wanting to see this film since I discovered its existence some months ago. You must’ve watched it on Netflix streaming (which I don’t have), for it is yet to appear on the Netflix DVD option.
Judging by the trailer I saw on Youtube, it looks like I’ll need a box or two of tissues to get thru it.
- May 17, 2019 at 1:28 pm #178072Jennifer SwansonParticipantRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 31Replies: 115Has thanked: 2228 timesBeen thanked: 431 times
Thanks for all of the great suggestions. Some like it hot was the first and best for me.
For a tv list
flip wilson as Geraldine
jonathan winters as Maud
- May 14, 2019 at 5:09 pm #177407https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/woman-gray-1.jpgAnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 5Replies: 41Has thanked: 92 timesBeen thanked: 128 times
Boy Meets Girl is a 2014 American romanticcomedy-drama film directed by Eric Schaeffer and starring Michelle Hendley as a transgender womanliving in a small town in Kentucky, looking for love.<sup id=”cite_ref-1″ class=”reference”></sup>
Boy Meets Girl
- May 14, 2019 at 9:56 pm #177450ParticipantRegistered On: December 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 314Has thanked: 424 timesBeen thanked: 561 times
Maddie, I said it before and I’ll say it again: “Boy Meets Girl” is one of the best, and is near the top of my list. I bought the DVD years ago and watch it once or twice a year. Michelle Hendley is exquisite in the role.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- May 15, 2019 at 12:59 pm #177566https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/woman-gray-1.jpgAnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 5Replies: 41Has thanked: 92 timesBeen thanked: 128 times
I totally agree. A fabulous movie done in and extremely interesting and realistic way. Michelle Hendley was great.
- May 14, 2019 at 9:28 am #177300https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/woman-gray-1.jpgAnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 5Replies: 17Has thanked: 158 timesBeen thanked: 27 times
I like ‘Accused’. It’s not on the list but it is a neat murder mystery 🙂
- May 8, 2019 at 9:27 am #175379Shayla ArmstrongParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 19Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 53 times
Unconditional Love is a british movie about a shy teenager who get manipulated in being the girlfriend of an older man. It starts out pretty good, but gets dark throughout the movie. I love it because the boy passes as a woman almost too well. I have to admit this is a secret fantasy of mine. This movie is on amazon.
- April 30, 2019 at 9:56 am #173120
- April 29, 2019 at 9:10 pm #172993
- April 14, 2019 at 11:20 pm #168548Dawn WyvernParticipantRegistered On: February 23, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 58Has thanked: 14 timesBeen thanked: 92 times
- April 14, 2019 at 10:47 pm #168547
- April 14, 2019 at 6:48 pm #168521Deanna LundAmbassadorRegistered On: March 28, 2019Topics: 41Replies: 151Has thanked: 324 timesBeen thanked: 306 times
- April 3, 2019 at 8:09 pm #165668Samantha DuncanParticipantRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 6Has thanked: 14 timesBeen thanked: 21 times
- March 20, 2019 at 9:55 am #161915
- March 20, 2019 at 1:24 am #161803
- March 19, 2019 at 12:39 pm #161693Robyn DrakeAmbassadorRegistered On: March 19, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 8Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 33 times
- March 19, 2019 at 9:56 am #161658
- March 18, 2019 at 4:35 pm #161479https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/woman-gray-1.jpgAnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 27Replies: 936Has thanked: 1416 timesBeen thanked: 1611 times
The Boy in the Dress by David Walliams.
Now a musical being performed by the RSC, music by Robbie Williams, but don’t take that as a recommendation ;0)
The film is wonderful though. Real tear-jerker for any CD.
- March 18, 2019 at 12:46 pm #161419KimmieParticipantRegistered On: September 27, 2016Topics: 1Replies: 99Has thanked: 42 timesBeen thanked: 234 times
Huckleberry Finn for the scene in which Tom Sawyer disguises himself by dressing as a girl. He is found out when a women drops something in his lap. He instinctively closes his legs to trap the object and she explains that a “real” girl would spread her legs and allow the fabric of her dress to catch the object. This is my choice because I started dressing as a young boy and could see myself using the disguise gambit as an “excuse” for dressing as a girl.
- May 14, 2019 at 9:43 am #177305https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/woman-gray-1.jpgAnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 5Replies: 51Has thanked: 94 timesBeen thanked: 85 times
Isn’t it Huckelberry Finn dressed as girl when he was visiting the town to check the news there while running away with Jim?
- March 18, 2019 at 6:48 am #161348
- March 17, 2019 at 11:56 am #161132
- March 16, 2019 at 10:14 pm #161024ChristinajaneParticipantRegistered On: October 9, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 14Has thanked: 20 timesBeen thanked: 26 times
I was sick home from school about 16yo and “The Christina Joregensen Story” movie played. I was totally enthralled by the movie – I so wanted to wear a dress and look pretty – at the end I looked at my mum and she looked at me and no words were said but we both shared that wonderful moment 💋
it’s funny how we forget and remember stuff
- March 17, 2019 at 1:20 pm #161160ReneParticipantRegistered On: March 7, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 21Has thanked: 42 timesBeen thanked: 53 times
I’ve seen it mentioned a couple of times but I really enjoyed “The New Girlfriend” also when i was a kid I was very intrigued and secretly jealous of “Ainsly Jarvis” the, butler by day-crossdressing entertainer by night, character in one of the 70’s Pink Panther Movies
- March 16, 2019 at 6:48 am #160802https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/woman-gray-1.jpgAnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 1Replies: 16Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 25 times
- March 19, 2019 at 11:51 pm #161796
- March 15, 2019 at 11:16 am #160559GailParticipantRegistered On: May 12, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 15Has thanked: 15 timesBeen thanked: 26 times
- March 21, 2019 at 9:11 am #162260GailParticipantRegistered On: May 12, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 15Has thanked: 15 timesBeen thanked: 26 times
Another wonderful movie is “Just Charlie”. About a boy who after the objections of his father, worrisome feeling from his mother, has his sister help him become the Girl he feels he was meant to be.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- March 27, 2019 at 10:25 pm #163906Amelia walkerParticipantRegistered On: January 18, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 113Has thanked: 131 timesBeen thanked: 171 times
Thanks Gail for recommending “Just Charlie”. I have just watched it and really enjoyed it. I was football mad as a kid and fantasied about playing for Manchester City,so it had a particular resonance for me. Playing for the girls Manchester City team would have been tremendous.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- March 15, 2019 at 7:33 am #160512Imogen MannParticipantRegistered On: March 2, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 135Has thanked: 53 timesBeen thanked: 198 times
- March 14, 2019 at 3:39 am #160164Boots DevilleParticipantRegistered On: November 20, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 12Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 30 times
I know anime is not for everyone, but there is a cartoon series from Japan called Me, my, I, Strawberry Eggs. It shows a group of teens struggling through early adulthood and a young teacher that cross dresses to get a job at a school that only allows women teachers. Turns out he’s struggling more than the students to understand gender and his feelings. I don’t know why, but the series gets to me…. but I also remember the yummy outfits in Rocky Horror Picture Show when I was younger!
- This reply was modified 8 months ago by Boots Deville.
- March 15, 2019 at 10:48 am #160543
- March 13, 2019 at 3:04 pm #160036
- March 13, 2019 at 5:53 am #159940
- March 12, 2019 at 6:56 pm #159836ParticipantRegistered On: August 23, 2015Topics: 4Replies: 64Has thanked: 19 timesBeen thanked: 94 times
“A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo Story” is not available for viewing on Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Hulu. However, it is available and free for viewing on YouTube. I just finished watching the movie a few minutes ago. Very sad and very tragic.
“Dr. Jekyll and Sister Hyde” is apparently not available for viewing in the United States due to a copyright issue. A small number of video cassettes and/or DVD’s may be available for purchase, but only at inflated prices.
- March 12, 2019 at 8:23 pm #159857ParticipantRegistered On: December 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 314Has thanked: 424 timesBeen thanked: 561 times
Thanks for the tip, Tabitha. I was able to find the full movie (“A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo Story”) on youtube. I added it to my CD movies folder, and hope to find the time to watch it some time soon.
- March 12, 2019 at 10:48 am #159703Adeline JohnstonParticipantRegistered On: January 15, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 22Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 65 times
- March 12, 2019 at 8:12 am #159668Celeste StarreParticipantRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 9Replies: 292Has thanked: 75 timesBeen thanked: 475 times
- March 12, 2019 at 5:22 am #159638
- March 11, 2019 at 3:05 pm #159494
- March 11, 2019 at 11:14 am #159449
- March 11, 2019 at 10:54 am #159441Stephanie YorkParticipantRegistered On: May 22, 2017Topics: 4Replies: 38Has thanked: 102 timesBeen thanked: 92 times
Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde. It was made in 1971. I doubt that most of you have not seen it.
- March 11, 2019 at 7:36 pm #159575ParticipantRegistered On: January 18, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 113Has thanked: 131 timesBeen thanked: 171 times
Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde. I loved that film Stephanie. A classic transexual fantasy. The Danish Girl was enjoyable (although the real story was more interesting apparently). That scene where she was trying on outfits at the costumiers, wonderful.
I haven’t seen the Rocky Horror Show all the way through although I do remember a young man walking down the main road in my home town going to see the show live at the theater all dressed up with a beautiful girl on either arm dressed the same. I was sooo jealous, (still am).
- March 11, 2019 at 11:05 am #159445Fiona-Ann MossAmbassadorRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 359Replies: 1192Has thanked: 3442 timesBeen thanked: 2717 times
Hi Stephanie, i had to reply to this one, as i have got it in my dvd collection!! wasnt it hammer house of horror? great movie, dont know why i didnt think of it!…..
- March 19, 2019 at 9:29 am #161632Stephanie YorkParticipantRegistered On: May 22, 2017Topics: 4Replies: 38Has thanked: 102 timesBeen thanked: 92 times
Great topic Fiona. I just did a google search of the movie and found my favorite “Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde” on DVD. I have not seen it in years. Now I am going to purchase it.
- March 11, 2019 at 5:26 am #159405
- March 10, 2019 at 7:42 pm #159338skippy1965 CynthiaAmbassadorRegistered On: August 25, 2015Topics: 109Replies: 1205Has thanked: 431 timesBeen thanked: 995 times
Cap’n Di turned me on to “Stardust” -which has Robert DeNiro as a crossrdessing pirate!
- March 11, 2019 at 12:26 am #159366Jasmine FletcherParticipantRegistered On: September 7, 2018Topics: 7Replies: 305Has thanked: 167 timesBeen thanked: 485 times
Oh yes! I’d forgotten that movie. There is also the moment that Bernard is transformed into a barmaid. Now there’s a spell that would be useful.
- March 10, 2019 at 2:35 pm #159259Lacy ThomasParticipantRegistered On: January 28, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 4Has thanked: 12 timesBeen thanked: 9 times
Always loved the movie ” Switch ” . It was made in 1991 and starred Ellen Barkin, Jimmy Smits, JoBeth Williams, and Lorraine Bracco . A man is sent back to Earth , as a woman to try and find anyone that could say he was a good person …. He has to learn how to walk , the mannerisms of a woman , and more . It brings to light , that there is more to being a woman , than just being smokin’ hot .
- March 10, 2019 at 1:18 pm #159243https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/woman-gray-1.jpgAnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 11Has thanked: 67 timesBeen thanked: 14 times
A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo Story. I’ve seen this movie 2-3 times already, lol. Very emotional and a must see in my opinion.
Boy Meets Girl: I just recently watched this on Hulu. A really good movie.
These are my two, I hope you enjoy…….xoxo
- March 10, 2019 at 12:27 pm #159235ParticipantRegistered On: August 23, 2015Topics: 4Replies: 64Has thanked: 19 timesBeen thanked: 94 times
My favorites are: The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert; The Crying Game; and any John Waters movie starring Divine, (which I guess is all of them)!
But, who could ever forget the remarkable director Ed Wood, and his masterpiece: Glen or Glenda? Glen or Glenda is unintentionally funny due to some directorial errors, and who can ever forget Bela Lugosi saying: “That c***suc** Boris Karloff!”, or Ed’s real life poor wife forever searching for her missing sweater, (which Ed often wore like a security blanket)! Ed Wood had a heart of gold, attempted to humanize crossdressers to a then hostile world, and was largely a man ahead of his time. RIP Ed.
- March 10, 2019 at 11:42 am #159230
- March 10, 2019 at 10:48 am #159215
- March 10, 2019 at 10:19 am #159209Amy MyersParticipantRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 471Has thanked: 790 timesBeen thanked: 712 times
I saw Victor Victoria at the theatre and enjoyed it lots, and have seen twice since then.
- March 10, 2019 at 9:51 am #159202Tessa LoveParticipantRegistered On: February 19, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 24Has thanked: 22 timesBeen thanked: 50 times
Watched slot of on the list and some of the ones the members mentioned..but, yes ubagree a good all time fav is The Rocky Horror Picture Show..all time classic..but do luv tootsie, crying game..Good experience story their but not for this thread😁😉”..mrs doubtfire, the Danish girl, which I loved I really enjoyed that movie way more than I thought I would. Xoxo
- March 11, 2019 at 6:40 pm #159574
- March 10, 2019 at 7:56 am #159173Smartina FonteynParticipantRegistered On: December 14, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 22Has thanked: 7 timesBeen thanked: 31 times
I think this is a good question to see what all the films are Fiona. My fav has to be Some Like it Hot, Golden Age Hollywood at the same time x
- March 10, 2019 at 6:35 am #159151
- March 10, 2019 at 5:10 am #159130https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/woman-gray-1.jpgAnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 3Replies: 98Has thanked: 123 timesBeen thanked: 116 times
- March 10, 2019 at 1:34 am #159113AmbassadorRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 359Replies: 1192Has thanked: 3442 timesBeen thanked: 2717 times
Hi Girls, just to clear things up, i know ive missed loads out!!! the list is by no means complete and anyway, it would not be fun if i did list most! I’m glad you are enjoying the poll, many thanks for all the replies, so far! please keep them rolling in! love to all xx 🙂
1 user thanked author for this post.
- March 9, 2019 at 8:44 pm #159084ParticipantRegistered On: December 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 314Has thanked: 424 timesBeen thanked: 561 times
I’ll have to go with “Boy Meets Girl” as my all-time favorite.
Of those on your list I enjoyed “Just Like a Woman” and “Ma Vie en Rose.” I’m not a fan of “Mrs. Doubtfire” nor “Tootsie,” although I have seen both.
I’ve heard of “All the Queen’s Men,” and I’m putting it on my DVD rental queue. “A Little Bit of Lippy” sounds like it might be fun, so I’ll queue that one up as well.
As to movies not on your list, I saw mentioned “The Danish Girl” which I would highly recommend, and “Breakfast on Pluto” is certainly worth watching.
Some not mentioned (yet) by anyone: “Soldier’s Girl” (great movie but with a real downer of an ending); “Une Novelle Amie”; “Different for Girls”; “The Crying Game” (too depressing to be a favorite of mine); “Transamerica” (even though the main character, a pre-op TS is played by a GG)
2 users thanked author for this post.
- March 10, 2019 at 1:23 pm #159245https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/woman-gray-1.jpgAnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 11Has thanked: 67 timesBeen thanked: 14 times
I loved that movie! I know I’ll watch it again someday. Have you seen; A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo Story? Very powerful movie!! Highly recommend, hehe
1 user thanked author for this post.
- March 10, 2019 at 8:22 pm #159345ParticipantRegistered On: December 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 314Has thanked: 424 timesBeen thanked: 561 times
Well, it looks like “A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo Story” might be hard to find. It’s not on NETFLIX (which is my main rental place). Looks like if I were an Amazon “Prime” member I might be able to stream it. Trailers on youtube seem like a CD movie I’d want to see.
I’ll keep it in mind if an opportunity comes up. Thanks for the recommendation!
- March 9, 2019 at 8:40 pm #159083KristaParticipantRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 111Has thanked: 41 timesBeen thanked: 267 times
There are so many good ones that are not on the list. Obviously Rocky Horror, one of my all-time favorite films, which I watch more often than just Halloween. I remember going to the theatre to watch it in the late 1970s and having the appropriate props (toast, newspaper, water gun, cards, etc). And Some Like it Hot is still one of my favorites as well. That one takes me back (and maybe gives away my age). Also on my list are: To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything Julie Newmar; The Crying Game; Transamerica; Laurance Anyways; and Soldier’s Girl. Thanks for the great question Fiona.
- March 9, 2019 at 6:00 pm #159051SofiParticipantRegistered On: January 31, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 10Has thanked: 7 timesBeen thanked: 9 times
Not seen many of those listed – those I have seen are ‘comedic’ to say the least! But from the comments I ought to watch The Danish Girl and, since my Wife absolutely loves Cillian Murphy (Peaky Blinders anyone?), I’ll definitely be seeing Breakfast On Pluto…
I’ve had a hard time enjoying The Rocky Horror Show in the past (repression, self-hatred y’all know where I’m coming from :-), but now I am ‘out’ it’s a fantastic rule-busting film, especially since it’s soooo old, jeez – back in the 70’s the closet’s were lead-lined and nailed shut!
Good on Richard O’Brien for busting all the rules ‘back in the day’
- March 9, 2019 at 4:35 pm #159028Nikki SiDeeParticipantRegistered On: February 4, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 69Has thanked: 48 timesBeen thanked: 94 times
The 1975 cult classic, The Rocky Horror Picture Show……watch it every year at Halloween!
- March 9, 2019 at 5:49 pm #159049Carolyn KayParticipantRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 9Replies: 72Has thanked: 370 timesBeen thanked: 218 times
I forgot about the Rocky Horror Picture Show, I also watch it every Halloween.
- March 9, 2019 at 2:56 pm #158996
- March 9, 2019 at 2:12 pm #158984https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/woman-gray-1.jpgAnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 3Replies: 642Has thanked: 190 timesBeen thanked: 427 times
Bird cage for me, I really need to get out more too 🙂
- March 9, 2019 at 11:11 am #158967
- March 9, 2019 at 7:10 am #158927MonaParticipantRegistered On: December 18, 2018Topics: 5Replies: 35Has thanked: 182 timesBeen thanked: 145 times
Great topic, Fiona.
It’s definitely “The Danish Girl” for me. With a few notable exceptions (e.g., Boys Don’t Cry), most of the films on your list employ cross dressing for comedic effect. Nothing wrong with that – they’re all great movies. The Danish Girl is an intense, highly-personal examination of one individual’s transgender journey in all its triumph and tragedy. I think there’s plenty in this film that would, in whole or in part, resonate with almost everyone here at CDH, regardless of where one falls on the gender spectrum.
Also on my list is Dallas Buyers Club for its portrayal of Rayon (Jared Leto), a transgender woman living with AIDS who becomes Ron Woodroof’s (played by Matthew McConaughey) business partner in the Dallas Buyers Club. (Editorial note: this was back when it was still possible for me to consider McConaughey a serious actor, before he started doing those stupid car commercials!).
- March 9, 2019 at 6:52 am #158926JackieAmbassadorRegistered On: February 18, 2016Topics: 21Replies: 90Has thanked: 163 timesBeen thanked: 170 times
- March 11, 2019 at 1:06 am #159370Khloe WestParticipantRegistered On: August 27, 2015Topics: 2Replies: 98Has thanked: 136 timesBeen thanked: 98 times
And who don’t love Candy and the rest of the Warhol/Factory crew?
Can’t tell you how honored I was to become FB pals (on me boy? side there) with Holly Woodlawn before her passing.
- March 9, 2019 at 5:44 am #158916
- March 9, 2019 at 5:25 am #158913https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/woman-gray-1.jpgAnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 1Replies: 7Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 10 times
- March 9, 2019 at 4:51 am #158905ParticipantRegistered On: September 7, 2018Topics: 7Replies: 305Has thanked: 167 timesBeen thanked: 485 times
Hmm, I’ve only seen one on your list (Tootsie). I must get out more…
When I was young I was fascinated by two movies: the well known “Some Like it Hot” (cue Fiona groaning that she hadn’t put it on the list) and Danny La Rue in “Our Miss Fred”. Every time they appeared on the TV I watched them. I wonder if my parents noticed?
I watched for the first time a couple of movies last year, both of which I’d recommend for perhaps differing reasons: “The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert” and “The Danish Girl”.
I do remember seeing Divine in “Polyester” at the cinema with “Odorama” (scratch and sniff cards.) That was fun!
- March 9, 2019 at 5:04 am #158907ParticipantRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 9Replies: 72Has thanked: 370 timesBeen thanked: 218 times
Like you, I don’t know most of the movies listed. The Danish Girl is a timeless drama that is easy to relate to. I find almost any movie with a CD or TS theme usually will hold my interest.
- March 9, 2019 at 4:43 am #158904
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.