Viewing 101 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Ok Girls, lets try something different 🙂 . Do you have a film which inspires you or gives you the impetus to carry on being you, do you have a film that has given you inner strength whether you are Transgender or a Crossdresser? I’ll list a few underneath, if you can think of a film yourself, please share it with us!!!

Fiona xxx

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

The Danish Girl

Anonymous

Hmm, I’ve only seen one on your list (Tootsie). I must get out more…

When I was young I was fascinated by two movies: the well known “Some Like it Hot” (cue Fiona groaning that she hadn’t put it on the list) and Danny La Rue in “Our Miss Fred”. Every time they appeared on the TV I watched them. I wonder if my parents noticed?

I watched for the first time a couple of movies last year, both of which I’d recommend for perhaps differing reasons: “The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert” and “The Danish Girl”.

I do remember seeing Divine in “Polyester” at the cinema with “Odorama” (scratch and sniff cards.) That was fun!

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Hi Jasmine,

Like you, I don’t know most of the movies listed. The Danish Girl is a timeless drama that is easy to relate to. I find almost any movie with a CD or TS theme usually will hold my interest.

Anonymous

Boy Meets Girl

Description

Initial release: June 28, 2014
      Director: Eric Schaeffer
      Music composed by: Matthew Puckett
      Screenplay: Eric Schaeffer
      Distributed by: Wolfe Video

The Bird Cage     Starring Nathan Lane, Robin Williams and Gene Hackman

Veronica

Jackie
      Ambassador

Women Of Revolt with Candy Darling

Khloe West
        Duchess

And who don’t love Candy and the rest of the Warhol/Factory crew?

Can’t tell you how honored I was to become FB pals (on me boy? side there) with Holly Woodlawn before her passing.

Mona
      Duchess

Great topic, Fiona.

It’s definitely “The Danish Girl” for me. With a few notable exceptions (e.g., Boys Don’t Cry), most of the films on your list employ cross dressing for comedic effect.  Nothing wrong with that – they’re all great movies.  The Danish Girl is an intense, highly-personal examination of one individual’s transgender journey in all its triumph and tragedy.  I think there’s plenty in this film that would, in whole or in part, resonate with almost everyone here at CDH, regardless of where one falls on the gender spectrum.

Also on my list is Dallas Buyers Club for its portrayal of Rayon (Jared Leto), a transgender woman  living with AIDS who becomes Ron Woodroof’s (played by Matthew McConaughey) business partner in the Dallas Buyers Club.  (Editorial note: this was back when it was still possible for me to consider McConaughey a serious actor, before he started doing those stupid car commercials!).

The greatest story ever told/the king of kings compared to what Jesus went through being a cross dresser is minor in comparison

Anonymous

Bird cage for me, I really need to get out more too 🙂

Lisa

Breakfast on Pluto is a really amazing movie with Cillian Murpht as a trans girl

The 1975 cult classic, The Rocky Horror Picture Show……watch it every year at Halloween!

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

I forgot about the Rocky Horror Picture Show, I also watch it every Halloween.

lol it’s had to believe, the film has been around for 44 years, and I still enjoy watching it!

Not seen many of those listed – those I have seen are ‘comedic’ to say the least! But from the comments I ought to watch The Danish Girl and, since my Wife absolutely loves Cillian Murphy (Peaky Blinders anyone?), I’ll definitely be seeing Breakfast On Pluto…

I’ve had a hard time enjoying The Rocky Horror Show in the past (repression, self-hatred y’all know where I’m coming from :-), but now I am ‘out’ it’s a fantastic rule-busting film, especially since it’s soooo old, jeez – back in the 70’s the closet’s were lead-lined and nailed shut!

Good on Richard O’Brien for busting all the rules ‘back in the day’

Krista
      Duchess

There are so many good ones that are not on the list.  Obviously Rocky Horror, one of my all-time favorite films, which I watch more often than just Halloween.  I remember going to the theatre to watch it in the late 1970s and having the appropriate props (toast, newspaper, water gun, cards, etc).  And Some Like it Hot is still one of my favorites as well. That one takes me back  (and maybe gives away my age).  Also on my list are:  To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything Julie Newmar; The Crying Game; Transamerica; Laurance Anyways; and Soldier’s Girl. Thanks for the great question Fiona.

Hugs, Krista

I’ll have to go with “Boy Meets Girl” as my all-time favorite.

Of those on your list I enjoyed “Just Like a Woman” and “Ma Vie en Rose.” I’m not a fan of “Mrs. Doubtfire” nor “Tootsie,” although I have seen both.

I’ve heard of “All the Queen’s Men,” and I’m putting it on my DVD rental queue. “A Little Bit of Lippy” sounds like it might be fun, so I’ll queue that one up as well.

As to movies not on your list, I saw mentioned “The Danish Girl” which I would highly recommend, and “Breakfast on Pluto” is certainly worth watching.

Some not mentioned (yet) by anyone: “Soldier’s Girl” (great movie but with a real downer of an ending); “Une Novelle Amie”; “Different for Girls”; “The Crying Game” (too depressing to be a favorite of mine); “Transamerica” (even though the main character, a pre-op TS is played by a GG)

Anonymous

Camryn,

I loved that movie!  I know I’ll watch it again someday.  Have you seen; A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo Story? Very powerful movie!!  Highly recommend, hehe

Hi Cahira
          Well, it looks like “A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo Story” might be hard to find. It’s not on NETFLIX (which is my main rental place). Looks like if I were an Amazon “Prime” member I might be able to stream it. Trailers on youtube seem like a CD movie I’d want to see.

I’ll keep it in mind if an opportunity comes up. Thanks for the recommendation!

Camryn

Hi Girls, just to clear things up, i know ive missed loads out!!! the list is by no means complete and anyway, it would not be fun if i did list most! I’m glad you are enjoying the poll, many thanks for all the replies, so far! please keep them rolling in! love to all xx 🙂

Fiona xxx

Anonymous

What about Kinky Boots? That’s a great film – funny and serious, and based on a true story 🙂

Smartina
      Duchess

I think this is a good question to see what all the films are Fiona. My fav has to be Some Like it Hot, Golden Age Hollywood at the same time x

Watched slot of on the list and some of the ones the members mentioned..but, yes ubagree a good all time fav is The Rocky Horror Picture Show..all time classic..but do luv tootsie, crying game..Good experience story their but not for this thread😁😉”..mrs doubtfire, the Danish girl, which I loved I really enjoyed that movie way more than I thought I would. Xoxo

@Tessa Love,

The crying game…. Good Call 🙂

I’d forgotten that beautiful film, ahhhh thanks for stirring memories 🙂

–SoFi

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I saw Victor Victoria at the theatre and enjoyed it lots, and have seen twice since then.

Amy

First movie I ever watched with my MOTHER was story anout rene Richard’s the tennis player. Do any of you girls remember her

For me it’s got to be The Rocky Horror Picture Show.  I can’t believe it’s not on the list.

Anonymous

My favorites are: The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert; The Crying Game; and any John Waters movie starring Divine, (which I guess is all of them)!

But, who could ever forget the remarkable director Ed Wood, and his masterpiece: Glen or Glenda? Glen or Glenda is unintentionally funny due to some directorial errors, and who can ever forget Bela Lugosi saying: “That c***suc** Boris Karloff!”, or Ed’s real life poor wife forever searching for her missing sweater, (which Ed often wore like a security blanket)! Ed Wood had a heart of gold, attempted to humanize crossdressers to a then hostile world, and was largely a man ahead of his time. RIP Ed.

Anonymous

A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo Story. I’ve seen this movie 2-3 times already, lol. Very emotional and a must see in my opinion.

Boy Meets Girl: I just recently watched this on Hulu. A really good movie.

These are my two, I hope you enjoy…….xoxo

Anonymous

Always loved the movie ” Switch ” . It was made in 1991 and starred Ellen Barkin, Jimmy Smits, JoBeth Williams, and Lorraine Bracco . A man is sent back to Earth , as a woman to try and find anyone that could say he was a good person …. He has to learn how to walk , the mannerisms of a woman , and more . It brings to light , that there is more to being a woman , than just being smokin’ hot .

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Cap’n Di turned me on to “Stardust” -which has Robert DeNiro as a crossrdessing pirate!
      Cyn

Anonymous

Oh yes! I’d forgotten that movie. There is also the moment that Bernard is transformed into a barmaid. Now there’s a spell that would be useful.

Tina
      Lady

Hi

I just love “Hedwig and the angry inch”, “Rocky Horror Picture Show”, “Priscilla Queen of the Desert” and “Kinky Boots”.

Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde. It was made in 1971. I doubt that most of you have not seen it.

Hi Stephanie, i had to reply to this one, as i have got it in my dvd collection!! wasnt it hammer house of horror? great movie, dont know why i didnt think of it!…..

Fiona xxx

Great topic Fiona. I just did a google search of the movie and found my favorite “Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde” on DVD. I have not seen it in years. Now I am going to purchase it.

Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde. I loved that film Stephanie. A classic transexual fantasy. The Danish Girl was enjoyable (although the real story was more interesting apparently). That scene where she was trying on outfits at the costumiers, wonderful.

I haven’t seen the Rocky Horror Show all the way through although I do remember a young man walking down the main road in my home town going to see the show live at the theater all dressed up with a beautiful girl on either arm dressed the same. I was sooo jealous, (still am).

I loved the “The Danish Girl” and “Soldier’s Girl”

The New Girl Friend blew me away! On Amazon Prime.  Such an accurate portrayal.  Very empowering..

Dress code with Shirley McClaine

Anonymous

I didn’t see this one mentioned and it is one of my favorites: Too Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything Julie Newmar.

Anonymous

“A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo Story” is not available for viewing on Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Hulu. However, it is available and free for viewing on YouTube. I just finished watching the movie a few minutes ago. Very sad and very tragic.

“Dr. Jekyll and Sister Hyde” is apparently not available for viewing in the United States due to a copyright issue. A small number of video cassettes and/or DVD’s may be available for purchase, but only at inflated prices.

Thanks for the tip, Tabitha. I was able to find the full movie (“A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo Story”) on youtube. I added it to my CD movies folder, and hope to find the time to watch it some time soon.

Wanda Full
      Duchess

Some Like It Hot, 1959, Tony Curtis, Jack lemmon and Marilyn Monroe

What about “Prissilla, Queen of the Dessert” 

I know anime is not for everyone, but there is a cartoon series from Japan called Me, my, I, Strawberry Eggs.  It shows a group of teens struggling through early adulthood and a young teacher that cross dresses to get a job at a school that only allows women teachers.  Turns out he’s struggling more than the students to understand gender and his feelings.  I don’t know why, but the series gets to me….  but I also remember the yummy outfits in Rocky Horror Picture Show when I was younger!

I love anime so had a quick peek at I me my etc. Love those Japanese schoolgirl uniforms.

Anonymous

The rocky horror is one, but TransAmerica (2005) is better.

Are we allowed to add links to IMDb ?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt00407265/

Gail
      Lady

“The New Girlfriend”, a French movie with English subtitles, VERY GOOD and is not dirty or mocking.

Gail
        Lady

Another wonderful movie is “Just Charlie”. About a boy  who after the  objections of his father, worrisome feeling from his mother, has his sister help him become the Girl he feels he was meant to be.

Thanks Gail for recommending “Just Charlie”. I have just watched it and really enjoyed it. I was football mad as a kid and fantasied about playing for Manchester City,so it had a particular resonance for me. Playing for the girls Manchester City team would have been tremendous.

Anonymous

Its got to be Some Like it Hot, combination of brilliant actor and script….. Closely followed by the Birdcage

Anonymous

I was sick home from school about 16yo and “The Christina Joregensen Story” movie played. I was totally enthralled by the movie – I so wanted to wear a dress and look pretty – at the end I looked at my mum and she looked at me and no words were said but we both shared that wonderful moment 💋

it’s funny how we forget and remember stuff

Rene
        Lady

I’ve seen it mentioned a couple of times but I really enjoyed “The New Girlfriend” also when i was a kid I was very intrigued and secretly jealous of “Ainsly Jarvis” the, butler by day-crossdressing entertainer by night, character in one of the 70’s Pink Panther Movies

Faye Dunn
      Lady

Tangerine

Anonymous

Some Like It Hot!

Kimmie
      Lady

Huckleberry Finn for the scene in which Tom Sawyer disguises himself by dressing as a girl. He is found out when a women drops something in his lap. He instinctively closes his legs to trap the object and she explains that a “real” girl would spread her legs and allow the fabric of her dress to catch the object. This is my choice because I started dressing as a young boy and could see myself using the disguise gambit as an “excuse” for dressing as a girl.

Anonymous

Kimmie,

Isn’t it Huckelberry Finn dressed as girl when he was visiting the town to check the news there while running away with Jim?

Anonymous

The Boy in the Dress by David Walliams.

Now a musical being performed by the RSC, music by Robbie Williams, but don’t take that as a recommendation ;0)

The film is wonderful though. Real tear-jerker for any CD.

Love Laura

Anonymous

I love Kinky Boots, the movie and the play also Rocky Horror show, the play is a blast.

Breakfast on Pluto. Not well known in the U.S. but it should be. Irish film by same writer/director as The Crying Game.

The Birdcage for sure

Rocky Horror Picture Show and Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. Ticked-Off Trannies with Knives for honorable mention.

To Wong foo thanks for everything! Julie Newmar. , and Rocky Horror Picture Show. Are two of my favs!

Deanna Lund
      Duchess

Without doubt

A Girl Like Me, The Gwen Arauja Storu
      Look for it on Youtube

The New Girlfriend is wonferful!!!!!!!
      If you get the dvd watch the special features

Luv
      D

Emma
      Lady

The skin I live in I loved that movie

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

there are many fab TG films and TV shows that are being added to daily … here is a list that Tiffany Michelle put together some time ago …

http://www.tgmovieguide.org

Ally
      Lady

Jack and jill

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Unconditional Love is a british movie about a shy teenager who get manipulated in being the girlfriend of an older man. It starts out pretty good, but gets dark throughout the movie. I love it because the boy passes as a woman almost too well. I have to admit this is a secret fantasy of mine. This movie is on amazon.

Anonymous

I like ‘Accused’. It’s not on the list but it is a neat murder mystery 🙂

Anonymous

Boy Meets Girl is a 2014 American romanticcomedy-drama film directed by Eric Schaeffer and starring Michelle Hendley as a transgender womanliving in a small town in Kentucky, looking for love.<sup id=”cite_ref-1″ class=”reference”>[1]</sup>

Boy Meets Girl
      Boy Meets Girl (2014 film) poster.jpg

Maddie, I said it before and I’ll say it again: “Boy Meets Girl” is one of the best, and is near the top of my list. I bought the DVD years ago and watch it once or twice a year. Michelle Hendley is exquisite in the role.

Anonymous

I totally agree.   A fabulous movie done in and extremely interesting and realistic way.  Michelle Hendley was great.

Thanks for all of the great suggestions.  Some like it hot was the first and best for me.

For a tv list

flip wilson as Geraldine

milton Berle

jonathan winters as Maud

others?

A movie I saw recently on Netflix is “Girl.” It’s a  foreign film with subtitles. Very authentic, which means a bit tragic in places. OK, most of it. But the determination that she displays is inspiring.

Lorie, I’ve been wanting to see this film since I discovered its existence some months ago. You must’ve watched it on Netflix streaming (which I don’t have), for it is yet to appear on the Netflix DVD option.

Judging by the trailer I saw on Youtube, it looks like I’ll need a box or two of tissues to get thru it.

Soldier’s Girl! it’s based off a true story that is beautiful and horribly tragic. I’m not transgendered but I definitely appreciate the message and beauty of this story. We’re all different and special!

Anonymous

Can’t watch that movie without crying

Boy meets girl loved it

Anonymous

Boy Meets Girl was an amazing movie.   One of the best I have wveeeeer seen depicting the life of a trans person.

Anonymous

The Danish Girl

OMG. I watched that for the first time last week and it quickly shot to the top of my list. What a beautiful and tragic story. A must for any M to F to watch.

Anonymous

My newest favorite CD/TG movie is now: “Black Mirror”, Season 5, Episode Title: “Striking Vipers”, now available for viewing on Netflix!

Molly
        Duchess

Tabitha;

Thanks for the heads up on this… It is a very good black mirror episode.

-Molly

Anonymous

Molly,

Didn’t you just love Roxette with her one bare leg, and one leg wearing a fishnet stocking?!

Great minidress, too. Perfect for street fighting!

Tabitha B.

Molly
            Duchess

Tabitha;

I thought it was such a good look for the vamp fighter.. But!…. I loved the question and answer around “what’s it like?” and at that point, thought of all the different directions it could go.     While I would have pushed it into a different path (switch roles),  I found the eventual outcome more satisfying as being possibly realistic.   I’m wondering what tech like this could do for this community…    Being in the closet could mean something oh so much different, and Real Life Tests would be relatively easier and harder all at the same time.

It was a stunning conclusion however and had me thinking for some time.

Thanks for mentioning it here

Hugs

-Molly

The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert – more drag than crossdressing, but mixes lots of fun with some genuinly poignant moments. And some magnificent scenery and characters.

(Did you know that Broken Hill in NSW holds an annual festival dedicated to the film?)

Strangely my favourite crossdressing film is the adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s ‘Stardust’. Crossdressing is not a main theme of the story, but one of the characters is a crossdreser, and it’s handled in a way that I found both sensitive and funny.

The first one I ever saw was “Some Like it Hot”  Tony Curtis and Jack Lemon.  Seriously funny.  It’s a classic.

“Tootsie” was well done and I like the signature line, “I was a better man to you as woman than I was as a man.”

You’ve got to love “Mrs. Doubtfire”.  I mean, who doesn’t like a good Robin Williams movie.

Far and away the best of them all was “Just Like a Woman” (1992).  It hits every aspect of cross-dressings worst nightmare.  First his wife comes home early from a trip and finds his femme clothes in their bedroom, assumes he had a woman over.  Won’t listen throws him out and divorces him, then his landlady discovers him, this go better.  She encourages him, goes out with him to CD club.  Then he’s stopped by the police for speeding while en femme, his boss finds out and fires him over it.  After to time of depression, his friend and work colleague encourages him and he and his landlady outwit his old boss and working for his bosses client out do him in a business deal.  Great story.  I could identify with him throughout.

I’d have to say Rocky Horror Picture Show was the first for me. Then my favorite to this day is The Birdcage w Robin Willaims and Nathan Lane

“Some Like it Hot” is my favourite.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

If I watched the Dukes of Hazzard, if I wasn’t already wearing my shiny tan sheer to waist pantyhose, short shorts and heels, when I saw Daisy I just had to put them on. More then likely I was already wearing them though.

“100 girls” or “she’s the man” two romantic comedy moves.

Priscilla queen of the desert

Thank you that was a good movie I saw the musical to it

First I will admit I have no favorite nor do I even watch much TV and must be 6 months since I last turned one on. I also do not actively search out and watch anything related to trans or CD characters though I have seen a few on the list.  I did want to add a movie not seen in the replies.  I enjoyed this and feel many might like to watch. I viewed on youtube but am sure it’s available in many places.

Different For Girls 1996

Sandy

Agreed, Sandy, “Different For Girls” is certainly worth watching. Thanks to YouTube, we can watch it for free!

Anonymous

The Danish Girl , lovely film , Eddie Redmayne just gorgeous , plus a turning point ( positive ) in our marriage 😃 Tiff

I like” Priscilla Queen of the Desert” and “To Wong Foo Thanks For Everything”

I remember seeing Victor, Victoria on VHS back 1983, I believe. I’d like to watch it again, if it’s on DVD. My other favorite is The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

How could you leave out The Crying Game!! Ohh, I love that movie. I fell head over heels in love with Jaye Davidson. I wanted to BE her!

ChloeC
      Duchess

My favorite is Ma Vie in Rose. Ludovics journey brought back a lot of childhood memories as I understood all to well, his desires. I liked the Crying Game, Priscilla, the Gwen Arujo Story and To Wong Foo

Some like it hot.

My favorite was Just Like a Woman because Adrian Pasdar was so convincing and believable.  Julie Walters was spectacular as his landlady and his friend.  She made the whole thing fun.  The subplot about the evil boss was clever and the story a direction while we admired and identified with the Pasdar character.

FAM

Anonymous

Fiona – I love these movie polls you’ve been coming up with of late.

I chose OTHER with my choices being:

1. the 1959 classic “Some Like It Hot;”
      2. 1982’s “Victor/Victoria”, originally done as “Viktor und Viktoria” in 1933;
      3. Let us not forget the 1975 cult classic “Rocky Horror Picture Show
      4. Last but not least “To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything.”

I also chose from the list “Tootsie” as well as “Mrs. Doubtfire.”

Tootsie was the first movie I had seen that had really exposed me to cross dressing. Others have mentioned Boy meets Girl and Soldier’s Girl which I liked as well. It’s not really a movie but more a web series that I saw recently – Her Story. I thought it was really well done.

-Nat

Anonymous

Boy Meets Girl

Anonymous

Some Like it Hot is a serious classic on all the top 100 lists. I mean what’s not to like? Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon and lets not forget… Norma Jeane. The film Normal, starring Jessica Lange and Tom Wilkinson is about a middle aged man with a family deciding to transition. It strikes really close to home.

Anonymous

apart from just like a lady, there is a French film called I think “my best friend” (also in English) where the husband looses his wife and start dressing in her clothes and finally meet up with their best friends wife with whom they go out shopping, etc…

Anonymous

Hi, sorry made a mistake of the title; it should be” The new girlfriend” in English ( French title ” une nouvelle amie”) and is from 2014. You may see a clip on  Youtube as I think if you want the full movie, you have to pay  few dollars. I find it better than ” just like a lady”!

For me it’s the classic movie Some Like It Hot.

[postquote quote=227877][/postquote]

YES, top 2 for me!

Other = THE CRYING GAME 🙂

One of my favorite is not exactly a CD or Trans movie, but does have a Trans theme.  It is Blake Edwards’ Switch.  An ad executive who is a macho womanizer is murdered by three girlfriends, sent to purgatory, then returned to Earth as a woman.

I am going with the 1990 film “switch!”

“Tootsi!”

Also, not so much of a transgender/crossdresser movie, but how about “In and Out” also?

In addition to the tragic ”Boys don’t cry” i should recommend ”Ma vie en rose” from Alain Berliner.A Belgian/French production from 1997.

Anonymous

I love the ones which have already been mentioned, but would love to have been able to see a few classic Disney cartoons which weren’t made: Snow White and the Seven Gaffs; Glamtasia; Sindyfella; Alex in Wonderbra; Lady and the Glam; Jungle Tuck; Sleep in Nightie; Beauty with the Breasts; Aladderin; Bra-zan to name but a few.  Maybe this is why I have wanted to wear dresses since I was young (even though it is only in the last couple of years that I have started to do so)!

Melinda
      Lady

As a child, the first time “it moved” was watching one of the Pink Panther movies. The women were very sexy to me. Another time it happened was when on TV, George Jetson pushed the wrong hairstyle button and came out with his wife’s hairdo.

Yes, isn’t it crazy that the first exposure to crossdressing I can remember was in the form of a cartoon rabbit dressing up and looking sexy!  You gotta love Bugs Bunny!

The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert! It was unabashed, fun and the clothes were glamorous. It hit on so many topics of interest. I also loved seeing that the three main actors were straight men and played it so convincingly. Whenever I see The Matrix I picture Hugo Weaving in a dress and dodging bullets.

Jen Kelly
      Lady

Switch for sure

Sophie Loren
      Baroness

Priscilla queen of the desert. Connie and Carla. To Wong Fu thanks for everything. All have awesome outfits.

Smartina
      Duchess

the depiction of the beauty of crossdressing is lyrical.

Smartina
      Duchess

As well also Tim Burton’s affectionate biopic, Ed Wood. Super from Johnny Depp in the title role.

Danny la Rue in the 1972 film, Our Miss Fred.

Sally xx

I was quite young when I first saw “Some Like it Hot” 

Seeing Tony Curtis and Jack Lemon in dresses and lipstick made me crazy to dress as a woman. That will always be my favorite! 

Hi Fiona,

A few weeks ago I finally watched The Danish Girl. That is my current number one. I would have said the birdcage prior to that. I am going to have to find time to watch so many of the films mentioned in this post.

Hugs

Autumn

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

There’s a 2005 film called Kinky Boots…

Drag queens, a failing shoe company in England…The two come together and it’s fabulous!

You get to see the straight shop owner learn and grow under the experience of meeting these fun loving drag queens.

It’s fun…

Dala

“Transamerica” or “Normal” I thought to be meaningful, honest, accurate, exceedingly well produced. I was a bit burnt that they had a female play the part in “Transamerica”, but I have to acknowledge the sensitivity, compassion and perception of Huffman.

“Just Like A Woman”, is quite marvellous and very fun if a trifle too comedic at times but it does convey some good points by using comedy to drive them home.

Okay! I admit it! I love, “Some Like It Hot!”, but only because Osgood Fielding III is such a sweetie.

Araminta.

Viewing 101 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?