What items of makeup do you use most frequently?

Lets see what makeup items you use the most.

You must be logged in to participate.
  • Lipstick (including lip balm, lip gloss, matte etc)
  • Eyeliner (liquid or pencil etc)
  • Mascara
  • Eye shadow
  • Concealer
  • Foundation
  • Blusher
  • Bronzer
  • Face powder
  • Nail varnish
  • BB creme
  • Body Glitter
  • I do not use makeup
  • Other (please specify below in comments)
  • False Eyelashes
  • False Nails

This topic contains 15 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Laura Lovett 2 months ago.

• Author
    Replies
     Laura Lovett 
    Participant
    Registered On: November 18, 2018
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 411

When I dress, pretty much everything except false lashes. Mascara swells mine up just fine!

I also use a contouring set for better definition. It’s taking me a long time to get good results, but I enjoy the process as much as the end result.

A really good set of brushes are vital for a natural look.

Also, a good primer gives a smooth base for a better foundation.

Love Laura

Abby Winters 
    Participant
    Registered On: February 7, 2019
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 14

I wear clear mascara every day it’s not much but I enjoy. Don’t think anyone notices.

1 user thanked author for this post.
       Bubblie Commen Loco 
      Participant
      Registered On: February 12, 2018
      Replies: 8

I started out putting on lipstick back then and I also painted my toes, I just love my toenails all glossed up!! Recently I’ve been working on the kit, foundation concealer oh I just love it when my eyes start to sparkel!!!

anne-marie 
    Participant
    Registered On: August 26, 2018
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 174

It has to be mascara and lippy/gloss.

Tend not to cake myself up in lots of makeup as I do not like the look.

Would be interesting to know what GG’s would say to this question. I have heard a few cis women (hate that term) say that they could do without all makeup except mascara and they don’t feel properly dressed without mascara.

Don’t think I would go that far but I do enjoy a little bit of the stuff – lol.

Take care girls.

Anne-Marie.

Anonymous
    Registered On:
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 523

When I ‘present’, I am ‘over-the-top’ glamour—and in creating a more fem face must indulge a lot of make up……….everything…………..and I can blame you tube fr it’s hundreds of videos on how to do that.Β  While I don’t try to get to full-drag, I DO try to come to ‘just short’—-and contour, highlighting, camouflaging and covering are musts…………I can get a fairly smooth complexion, and can create smoldering eyes, with new cut crease and perfect painted arch’s…………..I just can’t go outside looking like this……………but it’s perfect for the evening, in low light, and works wonders in the bedroom as well.

Elise Michelle 
    Participant
    Registered On: January 3, 2018
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 208

If I have the time, then it’s pretty much “all of the above”. But most of the time, it’s just what most women wear on a daily basis: a bit of foundation, some setting powder, a bit of blush, eyeliner, mascara & lipstick.

Imogen Mann 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 2, 2019
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 136

Concealer, I have a very prominent 9 inch scar on my throat, chin to ear in a big U shape, and I’m pretty good at hiding it.

Imogen x

Alison Anderson 
    Participant
    Registered On: October 15, 2018
    Replies: 15

What I use most often is an eye liner/eyebrow pencil to color the grey out of my eyebrows.

Rene 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 7, 2019
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 21

When I first started dressing openly at home I was pretty meticulous about having full makeup, nail polish on fingers and toes, eye shadow, eye liner, foundation, blush…the works. I felt that if my wife was going to see me and accept me i needed to look as passable as possible. These days Ive found that a close shave, a little lipstick and mascara look fresh and natural enough to feel comfortably transformed.

4 users thanked author for this post.
     Dame Veronica Graunwolf 
    Participant
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 49
    Replies: 1909

Let us not forget….moisturizer.

Dame Veronica

fiona moss 
      Ambassador
      Registered On: October 7, 2018
      Topics: 283
      Replies: 1017

HA!!!! my BB creme has moisturiser in it!!! but fair point Veronica, i knew i’d miss something important out! hey! it would not be one of my polls if i didnt!! πŸ™‚

Fiona xxx

Krista 
    Participant
    Registered On: January 24, 2017
    Replies: 57

I am one of those lucky ones who doesn’t need makeup to pass as female. I dress androgynously daily (being retired is great) and have very long natural hair, thin eyebrows, very little body hair, no Adam’s apple, and am not too tall so I’m mistaken for female quite frequently, much to my wife’s dismay.Β  When I go out in public en femme, I put on some light makeup, eyes & lips with a bit of powder – no need for a heavy foundation or tons of powder. I have tried most of the makeup items on your list, most often clear nail polish, which I wore to work before retiring, that’s an easy one to get away with.

Thanks for the question Fiona,

Have a great rest of the week,Β  Hugs, Krista

3 users thanked author for this post.
     Val’sheril Starsong 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 3, 2019
    Replies: 217

Mostly an “all of the above” answer but I went with eyeshadow as it’s the one I’ve needed the most practice with.Β  I love the transformative effect dramatic shadow and wings have on my face, particularly when paired with false lashes.Β  I’ll admit I was hesitant on the latter as they seemed like (and kind ofΒ are) a pain, but the method is slowly coming together and batting those babies is so worth it!

But yes, my usual MO is to do the whole nine yards.Β  If I’m gonna do something I might as well do it right.

2 users thanked author for this post.
     Jasmine Fletcher 
    Participant
    Registered On: September 7, 2018
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 245

When making an effort I use most of what you have included. Β As for the “other” section: I do use primer, also a tiny touch of contouring and a setting spray at the end. Β If I just want to go minimal then eyeliner and lippy will do.

I’ve not used body glitter! Β I’ll leave that to the young at heart. Β πŸ™‚ Β  Also never used BB Cream, but CC Cream might be more useful for me. Β I have used false nails in the past but I am trying to look after my natural nails now and trying to get them to a reasonable length. Β After years of nail biting I’ve finally kicked that nasty habit and it is so nice to see a full set of nails.

stephanie plumb 
    Participant
    Registered On: November 17, 2018
    Topics: 61
    Replies: 474

I can’t often wear makeup for long, and need to be able to put it on/remove it quickly. So I go for the things that most obviously make Stephanie magically appear out of that man she hides in. That is:- Lipstick, false eyelashes, and …… one you missed ….Β  Β  eyebrow pencil/makeup.

Shaping and colouring the eyebrows can have a dramatic effect on the way you look and is ultra femme because (generally) men don’t do it.Β  The combination of good curved eyebrows and discreet false lashes transforms the eyes just as much as lippy transforms the lips, especially if, like mine, they are blonde(the eyebrows that is, not the lips!).Β  Stephanie’s are longer, more arched, and mid brown, and even under a fringe they are just visible.

X Stephanie P.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Β©2019 Crossdresser Heaven |Β PrivacyΒ |Β Terms of UseΒ | Link to us |Β Contact VanessaΒ |Β Advertise with Crossdresser Heaven

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates fromΒ Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account