Viewing 81 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I’ve had various bras before purges. My favorites have been full coverage no wired ones myself. 😀

VS Full or Perfect Coverage (to hold in the forms) that are underwired.

Anonymous

I like one with a lot of push-up, kinda thick padding, and wear a tight shirt. Then I put something between the shirt and bra to make a “Nipple”. With a little practice you can make it look very realistic! 🙂

Mostly full coverage, but a nice lacy/shear black one that plunges and fastens in front. Mostly underwired – to support my forms. I have two Amoena ones – one regular size and it has pockets in the cups to hold my forms and one with AA cups – same model, just smaller cups – that I wear without forms. Those are both cotton without underwire, but since they are made for holding forms they work just fine. I mix up brands – Playtex, Bali, Amoena, some others. Mostly the challenge is finding a bra with a 44 or 46 band size and B or C cups. With that big a band the manufacturers seem to want you to have D or bigger. Some are padded, some not.

Amanda
      Lady

Victoria’s Secret, Body By Victoria, Push Up 38C. I like the comfort and quality.

Full coverage, soft cup, wire free, 42 B, when I’m not wearing my forms.
      BreastForm Store pocketed sheer, 42 C to D, when I’m wearing my forms.

Like Millicent, I also have problems finding suitable bras, for use when I’m not wearing my forms.
      Here in Australia, band size 42 (Australian size 20) and above is almost absolutely exclusively underwire only and D cup or larger. It is exceedingly rare to find any C cup, much less B cup, in my size, and then rarer still to find it in wire free.
      This D cup or larger bustline for plus sizes thinking, also extends to women’s fashion. So, simply to get dresses and tops to fit properly, I have no choice, except to wear forms.

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Wide variety-front clasp,racerback, padded,convrtible even strapless…. in sizes from 38B to 42D depending on which forms/padding I’m using. Everyday around the house is a 38C(I know probably too tight but it feels so good!) blue padded pushup bra.. Love VS and have a couple including bombshell but they’re so expensive @ $40-60 a pop (yes I know it’s Quality) but until I get the courage to go in dressed and shop in person and let them fit me properly I need to hold off on the pricey ones.

Most of my bras are Amoena mastectomy bras in white, nude, and black, I also have two strapless in white and black.

Jodee Musso
      Duchess

My bras are mostly abc mastectomy bras in nude or leading lady t-shirt bras in black or white

Anonymous

I haven’t found a bra I didn’t like. I’ve got a great variety of styles, colors, sizes and from many manufacturers. Mostly 36A or 38A without breast forms and 38B or 38C with my forms. The variety in styles is really helpful. I can wear an unpadded, unwired 36A bra under a baggy sweatshirt in public and no one knows, not even my wife. I swear she hugs me sometimes to check out if I’m wearing a bra or not. She knows I crossdress and doesn’t mind as long as I don’t go over-the-top. And I’ll wear a padded bra under a t-shirt with a flirty skirt and heels; creates a really nice look.

Great question.

personally I like full coverage seamless or a sheer pocket bra when I’m feeling very sexy.   The pocket holds my forms nicely and allows great nipple protrusion especially when I wear my big girls 42 dd

heathet

I have various types of bras on my collection.  Favorites are some soft cup and some full coverage.  I even have a few all in ones.  Brands vary from Goddess  to Playtex, Warners, Wonderbra and even some Chantelle. By far my new favourite today was a Royce push up bra—about $85

Anonymous

would love to see your collection girl!

Anonymous

About four months ago I began hormones for my breast development. I am just beginning to see some results. I am now about, or can wear a size 34A. I have bought myself three bras to start with. all Maidenform. I cannot discribe to you just how wonderful it feels now to have something to support. I hope to become somewhere around a 36B.

Anonymous

I like Leading Lady,I have started growing breasts and these bras are the most comfortable

I dont use forms so i go with a 38a push up bra that is purpke and looks good under my fem clothes.

Victoria Secret has nice lingerie , and I wear a 34B push up usually but the type – depends on the clothes I am wearing . With some over the neck straps that connect to the bodice of the dress over each breast , I do not even wear a bra  . Visit http://www.adoreme.com  to get bras a a great price and lots to pick from . Off department stores with have a special representative visit that can help . Kisses and Hugs .

Karyn, for dresses like you describe, you need to look at strapless or halter neck bras.

I like Bali, Maidenform, & Daisey Fuentes all with the add a cup, or cup and a half.

Anonymous

Ok, this is going to sound weird, but when I dress I use 3 bras. Yes, 3. I take a padded bra and fold it together so the cups match and double up. I put one folded bra in one cup of my 44DD bra and do the same for the other cup. I looked around and the silicone inserts cost hundreds and i am a working girl with bills. Recycling the old bras fill up my cups and give me the curvy shape I like on a small budget.

Best Wishes,
      May your cups always be full,

Joanna R.

skippy1965 Cynthia
        Ambassador

Huh! VEry nique idea, Joanna and thrifty too!. I like the way you think “outside the cups”!

Anonymous

I’ve had various bras, and the best feeling and looking were the ones that were to my measurements by a professional in a mastectomy store.

I used to measure for my bra band size incorrectly below the bust line, but the correct measurement is around your chest just under the armpits.

I like soft cup bras of just about any material, regular bras and I especially like long-line bras for their support.

I’ve had underwires wear through and poke through my expensive breast forms and I didn’t like that.

Anonymous

Now If I were so endowed with breasts. Then any bra that would celebrate my ladies. BUT, BUT my current situation requires full coverage. Pink, Lacy full cup makes me feel special. Even good ol’ white playtex are fine.

Anonymous

i like the lacy ones, they just have that look

Ashley
      Lady

I personally love the Victoria’s Secret Bombshell bras… Gives you two cup sizes more than you have.  Gives me the shape I want and I love all the attention I get from other cd’s and men. 😉

I like Maidenform , Playtex and Bali… Generally have done full coverage so had plenty of room for padding…. Going this morning to start rebuilding stock after last purge so hope to find something pretty…

My wife recently introduced me to Soma bras and specifically their vanishing back style. They have a back and front closure. They are so comfortable. I like the full coverage. The two I have bought ao far have under wires but they are still very comfortable. My size in the back closure has 4 rows of hooks so the band is wide and feels really good.

These days for work I wear my NoBo cami bras. I have a nice collection of them in many different colors. I wear Genie bras to Zumba class.
      My favorite ones to wear though are my underwires, and my JMS and Playtex 18 Hour bras. I wear them on days that I don’t have work or Zumba class

Cissy D
      Lady

I like Bali and Maidenform.  Just bought a couple of sport bras to wear while working out.  Love them

I have around 40 bras and my favorite is a Warner’s Original model #2584 in 36C. I don’t think they make them anymore and I wish I had more. My second favorite is a soft cup Warner’s T-shirt bra in 36C.

Anonymous

My favorites in order are: the Bali 6543 “Lace Desire No-foam Underwire” because it’s so pretty, the Bali 3439 “One Smooth U Ultra-Light Illusion Neckline” because it’s so comfortable (I have several of these) and I just recently discovered the Fruit of the Loom 9292 “Extreme Comfort” underwire.  I found that the FoL Extreme Comfort is better for the summer when I do things that make me sweat.  They seem to be a little cooler than the Bali’s and I don’t worry about washing them in the machine instead of hand washing them.  Also, I can buy them at Walmart.

I just ordered a new Bali 3439 in white from balibras.net (which is One Hanes Place), and right now they’re running a special sale.  When you buy any Bali bra (they’re on sale, too) you get a free pair of panties.  I chose the Bali 303J “Comfort Revolution Hi-Cut”, also in white.  I can’t wait for them to show up in my mailbox!

Anonymous

I wish I had every bra I’ve ever purchased! Damn purges, never again though. I am able to nicely fill an A cup
      Triumph push up in a 38A is my favourite!

I like my bra to be fully padded,underwired with at least 3/4 cup

I recently discovered Soma bras. My favorite are the full coverage underwire Vanishing Back style. They come in both front hook and back hook. I prefer the back hook. They also have another style Embraceable which is nice but not as good as the Vanishing Back. The can be worn all day without being uncomfortable. They are a little on the pricy side at just over $50 but well worth it. Other bras I have worn in the such as Victoria’s Secret are pretty but uncomfortable. Sometimes you can get lucky and find Soma on ebay for less than retail or even from Soma on sale.

Huggs,

Suzanne

I love love love Soma!! My fav bras and panties.

Anonymous

My last bra purchased was from Catherine’s I took my breast forms with me into store and lady measured me for size and it is so comfortebal to wear all day.

Anonymous

I like lacy, underwired but not padded. Have just bought one that fits a treat. No side bulging and gives me a small bust.

I find it necessary to ensure that the cups are separated by a small bow or ribbon, rather than are attached to each other. I think it makes my very small breasts fit so much better.

i wear a bra from leading lady which i order from womanwithin in an a/b cup front hook

Spank clip in the front bras. Very comfortable, no wires, can sleep in it without any problems. And hold breast forms really well. I also like Soma and Victoria Secret ones, but need to fit properly. Harder to do when one only shops online.

Lea
      Lady

I wear all types of bras, padded, push-up, t-shirt, underwire, demi, bikini, racer back, all colors. Padded push-ups with some lace or satin are my favorite, especially brands like VS, SoMa, Vera Wang, and Maidenform that I found at thrift stores.

Recently I discovered the comfort of sports bras, padded of course.

I have two basic bra types
      Firstly I have both Bendon Yevette and Triumph Sheer exclusive bras in size 18b which I wear under my male clothing. Both of these styles are underwired with un-padded cups. I have found it possible to wear these under quite light shirts without detection.

My second type are 18D underwired bras which I use with breast forms when I dress as female
      Again I have found Triumph and Bendon underwired styles to work well. Again my preference is for unlined cups and I have a preference for some lace on the upper cups

Anonymous

My favorite was always wireless and Vanity Fair bralettes which came in all different sizes (s-m-l-xl) and colors/prints. They were not much for support but so comfortable any time. I had just about every one available, and cheap on ebay … until I purged to Goodwill. There’s that awful word again … and I hope that I never purge again. My next favorite is Warner. They seem to make the smoothest and, for me, the best fitting although pricey. I’m very proud to say today in the mail from Amazon I got a Warner bra and it has to be one of the best! It’s Warner’s back to smooth Lift and is it ever smooth with a very pretty design. It’s a 40B and has a little lift built in at the bottom of the cups. With my enhancers in “I’m definitely a perky woman”! Do I ever love Warners. Found it on Amazon. I don’t usually buy bras when they’re popular due to cost but sometimes we just have to splurge.

I think I’ll sleep in it tonight??

Margie

Anonymous

Too many and enough that even I wonder why.   The missus doesnt really know (or if she does she hasnt commented) how many I have.   I prefer pretty with lace and padded is great for a little boost to my chest without buying forms.   I buy budget stuff ($15-20 each), but I did buy some t shirt bras a few days ago incase the missus lets me dress around her.   I figured they were plain enough that I could wear them without them showing up and being too fem.   No chance of that happening just now, but Im prepared (and it gave me a reason to buy two more….LOL

kerstin
      Lady

I have been wearing a variety of different bras and have two sizes of breast forms. What I have found recently is the add 2 cups bras from VS. They are comfortable and look fantastic under clothes. I love wearing them and now have purchased four.

My all time fav is the Playtex Cross Your Heart bra. I enjoy wearing bras with or without forms and have been watching lots of bra review vids which is really fun and educational.

I adore my Flower Bali…Wonderful fit and feel

Wacoal. Underwire no padding. 44C fits perfect, but after noogling I can  move up to 44D. Love the Retro chic lace bra! I haven’t used forms since last summer. 😀 Love having my own🥥! 😍

I wear pretty much everything minus demi bras, which I don’t like because I have found they don’t hold breast forms well, other than that, push up bras in a variety of brands, athletic bras, underwire and none.

I prefer padded/push-up full cup underwire back closer bras. I do have a Vassarette extreme plunge level 2 padded/push-up underwire. I wear this bra the most since it doesn’t show when I wear any of my wrap style dresses.

K Swim
      Lady

In those rare cases when I stray away from one piece swimsuits, I wear sports bras.

For everyday wear under my guy clothes, I go with a bralette.  Torrid has some adorable styles. Auden at Target has some basic, but super comfortable choices.

Let’s not forget the old saying: Good friends are like great bras — supportive, flexible, and always there to life you up.

Anonymous
      Lady

Only have padded Bralettes as they give a bit of shape without using forms

Rachel

I always wear underwired bras with full lace cups. After many years of trying I’ve now found my right size, 42DD (UK), and all my bras are soo comfortable! Lizzie .

I prefer to wear my actual size. 44a/b  depending on bra style. I have  number of glamorise bras in the a/b size and a Bali flower bra in 44b.

Full cover, no padding, wired, 36-D for me!

-SR-

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I wear full coverage underwire bras with no padding. 42D or 40E/DD depending on brand. My fave is the Prima Donna Madison. So comfortable I forget I’m wearing it. I also like the Chantelle Rive Gauche and Simone Perele Revelation.

Emily

Hi Vickie,

NOTHING is better than wearing a bra!

I like front closure. I wear a 40B from Bali with underwire. I used to wear size B forms, but I’ve dropped  down to size A. The A size works just fine with a B cup bra.

When I’m wearing my bra with the forms in I really am in Crossdresser Heaven.

Jessica

Robin Snow
      Duchess

I only have two padded t-shirt beas from Casique. One is a 40B and the other is a 42B.  I wear the with silicone enhancers for a little more oomph.   I also have a couple of padded comfort bras I found on Amazon.

Robin

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

1/. For when I have my breast forms on, always underwire, cos they hold them inplace the best and look so natural.

2/. For when I can do so, (mostly at night and during winter) and dont want my chest to attract attention, I wear unpadded 40AA bras. by Amoena. I cut the mastectomy pockets out of them to give me more “feeling”… (if you get my drift!!!)

Favorite brands are Fayreform, (especially their “Coral” range). Simone Perele and Wacoal (both of the latter on clearance)..

Happy (bra) dressing

Caty

Anonymous

Bras are my favorite!!! But of course I love all feminine clothes and lingerie. I recently went and got fitted at Victoria’s Secret. That was a big step. I purchased several Dream Angel bras that add 2 cup sizes and represent myself as a D or close to it and have been wearing everyday. Of course there are looks but I have to say many more compliments from both men and women. Express ourselves!!!

Love Jennifer

Soma has just come out with a new bra. It is the Vanishing Back 360. My wife and I each went and bought one and then last week we ordered an additional one. Soma had a BOGO 50% plus 5$ panties with the purchase of a bra plus my wife had a 10$ off so we got a really good deal. They came in yesterday and I’m wearing mine this morning. If you more mature girls haven’t tried Soma you owe it to yourselves.

Anonymous

Anything with lace or leopard print💞

Anonymous

I wear Maidenform and Vanity Fair underwire bras. They hold my forms better and the cups aren’t so padded so the nipples show up well.  I also wear Playtex bras with soft cups when I’m working around the house, they are very comfortable.  The underwire bras are better for a D cup form and look better for dressing up.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I have about 14 bras, a number of different colours, and brands. The brand I have most of is from La Vie En Rose, which sells products very similar to Victoria’s Secret. A couple of Warner’s, which are thin as well, so my nipples poke through, and a few other brands. Most are underwire, which so far haven’t poked me.

Amy

Being a big gurl, I only shop at Catherine’s plus size. I’m an54/56 b/c. They have several cute no wore options. Even some from close. Tried a few wired bras and they were ok. I feel sexier in the front closure with matching panties. Not the sexiest panties but makes me feel sexy wearing matching undergarments

I love la vie en rose

Anonymous

I wear lots of different bras depending on my mood and what I am wearing.

I have a couple of dresses where I don’t wear a bra (glue on my breast forms!)

My bras are mostly Maidenform or Auden T-shirt or push up bras. I really love my maidenform t-shirt bras

Scarlett398
      Princess

Full covered wired ones by Ambrielle or Victoria’s Secret! All of them are convertable bras which can be worn without straps because I have a lot of tops and dresses that have shear tops to them and I don’t want any bra straps showing through a shear top. That’s what you call a fashion faux pa! I need to write my next Scarlett article on fashion faux pas!

XOXOXO Scarlett

I have all styles. Sports bras and bralettes when in drab without breast forms. Pocket bras when I want that extra “jiggle and nips showing” with my larger forms! Padded bras and no forms for more of a demure look. There’s a special group that is strictly for the bedroom! Finally several matching bras (with forms) and panties for when I want to feel especially pretty. I love all of them… Stephanie

Hi there. Given that I have well over 300 bras ,you might call me a little bra crazy. But I think  bras and panties  are the ultimate  items that a woman should have. I have all different varieties of colours, styles, wired and wire free, bralettes. I have some that are plain and I have some that are very fancy. I absolutely adore the material, the look and I consider them to be a work of art. The only thing I don’t have is a pocket bra, which I intend to purchase. I try to stop myself from buying more but I don’t think I will be able to. I doubt very much if I can wear every one of them, but it is Joy just looking at them sometimes. It’s somewhat the same idea with my panties.

Marie Jo and Lise Charmel 85 B and Victoria’s Secret XL or 38B or 38C.

I love underwired Lacey bra’s with matching panties, I think it’s best to get the matching panties because it looks better, with a pair of black lacey topped stockings and you stand in front of a mirror and look at yourself before you put your favourite dress on its amazing,

Hugs Rozalyn X 🎀

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

I have 10 bras and all are Bali 40B underwire t-shirt bras. Very comfortable even when wearing all day.

Personally, I have 4 bras from Torrid. I think everyone knows how much I love Torrid. I think I love Torrid so much because everyone at my store treats me as Michelle. Since the first day I walked in and had a proper bra fitting. All of my bras are a 40C.

I have the following bras:

• XO PLUNGE SMOOTH 360° BACK SMOOTHING™ BRA (Nude)
      • FULL-COVERAGE BALCONETTE LIGHTLY LINED SMOOTH 360° BACK SMOOTHING™ BRA (Burgundy)
      • FULL-COVERAGE BALCONETTE LIGHTLY LINED SMOOTH 360° BACK SMOOTHING™ BRA (Purple)

I have the following Sports Bras:

• Torrid – LOW-IMPACT WIRELESS LATTICE BACK ACTIVE SPORTS BRA
        Color: Black
        I plan to wear this bra (or my Genie bra) at my work.
      • Genie Women’s Bra (TM) Comfort Sports Bra
        Size 2X
        I think I bought it at Walmart or Amazon.
        This was my first bra I bought.

I have size C silicone breast forms and all of my bras hold the breast forms well. I don’t feel the need with these bras to get a pocket bra.

For everyday use, I usually like to wear the Genie bra. It is very comfortable. I can wear this bra all day.

When I want to dress up a little or if I plan on going out as Michelle, I will wear one of my Torrid bras. They are so pretty and I love how they look!

With all of this said, if get up the nerve, go get yourself a proper bra fitting like I did at Torrid! Firstly, it’s a very exciting experience getting fitted and then trying on different bras. Secondly, having a proper fitting bra makes wearing them very comfortable to wear, even all day.

Hugs and Kisses,
      Michelle

When you did your fitting at torrid was it by appointment?  Die you tell them you were mtf cd?  Did you take forms or wear them?  Thanks, need to know cause I need to be fitted.  Lorraine

I called the store ahead of time and asked to talk to one of the managers.  I told her that I was a MTF CD and I was interested in trying some clothes and wanted a proper bra fitting.  She said that she was glad to help and I could come into the store at anytime. She said that anyone of the girls could help but if I felt more comfortable with her, she understood. She was working all day so I could come in at anytime.  Like I said, I really love all of the girls at my Torrid.

At that time, I didn’t have any breast forms, so I brought socks. If you have some type of forms, you will sure get the correct size.

It was exciting when she fitted me and then I tried on different bras. Then, we looked around the store for clothes to try on.

So, I suggest you give them a call. Be open and honest and you should be treated well. It’s your choice if you want to go to the store when it’s busy or not.

Personally,  it didn’t matter if the store was busy or not. Actually, I tried on a whole bunch of clothes, I was getting feedback and compliments from both the staff and other customers! Everyone, including other women treated me as Michelle and it truly was an amazing experience!

If you do go, I would love to hear how it went with you. I hope it’s as good, or even better, as mine.

My favorite bras are made by WonderBra, they’re underwire breathable T-shirt bras. They fit my forms perfctly, the straps are wide and don’t dig in, the sides and back don’t pinch or dig in, they’re quite literally the most comfortable bras I’ve ever worn and I’ve worn quite a few over the years. And…they’re very pretty! https://www.wonderbra.ca/en/wonderbra-breathable-t-shirt-underwire-bra-w4436h.html

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Hey Lauren, thanks for the info. I have always wanted to try a Wonderbra and now with this information, I probably will get one.

I always liked the thought about getting one because they are available everywhere. Not just a specialty store.

Meredith
      Lady

Mostly sports bras, a variety of makes. I really like Lively bralettes. For special use I have a couple What Katy Did bullet bras. I don’t  wear forms. My wife is uncomfortable with me doing so and anyway I really like the feel of a bra on bare skin.

I have several in my collection – just regular Maidenform and Secret Treasures. Have been seeking a satin shelf/half cup, but trying to find those in 38 or 40 band size has been a bit difficult.

Julie
      Lady

I prefer perfect comfy fitting bras honey. Give me Warners for regular bras. Give me Winglove for strapless bras. I want to wear regular bras when the straps will not show and I want to wear strapless when the straps do want to show hun. I want to wear sleep bras from Summer Salt when outside of both cosplay mode and femme mode girlfriend.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Julie.
      Syndee
      Lady

I like most of the ladies here have a variety of bras to wear. I have a red lacy push up bra from Adore Me that is one of my favorites with a matching red thong. The wife and I recently went to Ross and had a great day of shopping, she picked me out about 4 different bras and I did the same for her. It was such a fun time. I wear sports bra and braletts when just hanging around the house but I also have quite a few non padded bras that I wear. I am addicted to having matching bra and panty sets. I have a total of six sets.

My favorites are mostly wireless, full coverage bras by Playtex or Bali. I have several of each in both black and white in 42B.

Hi Katherine,
        I absolutely hate underwire bras if I am not wearing forms. the few ones I do have dig into skin, but they are also the sexiest ones I have, so I still have them and wear them. I prefer soft cup bras.

Becka
      Lady

I’m small on top so I like demi-cups and underwire that push up and give me some cleavage. I don’t have many, want more but difficult to wear. Only because of my situation.

I love the way just about any bra feels though!

Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual

I mostly wear t-shirt bras or front closing bras for work, but when I get home I change into something with a little more pizzazz and pushup for the cleavage.

I’ve got a couple of nice fitting bras I wear sometimes with inserts. Usually I’ll wear a front closing sports bra under a shirt in warmer weather. Love feeling so feminine without the tight straps.

Viewing 81 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?