Viewing 83 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I always loved nail polish, that’s where it started for me. I’d asked my mother many times for my nails to be pink,blue, red but always was told no. Thankfully a friend painted my toes and fingers when i was a teen then did a whole makeover never been the same since

Hey there girl

Everybody has a starting point. You just never know how or what it is. Yours was nail polish but I can almost bet that when you had your nails painted that you wouldn’t think it would lead to becoming a crossdresser. My starting point was seeing my sister’s petticoats. I remember being alone at my house and trying them on. As soon as I did and saw the way I looked I was hooked. It escalated from there until I was able to get my own feminine clothes and I’ve been crossdressing ever since.Thanks for telling us about your starting point

Janine

Well yeah, nail polish lead me to doing make up with friends and sisters. Then dresses,

Anonymous

Curiosity is what first got me to dress.  I wondered what it felt like to wear the various soft, frilly, lacy things that women wear.  I learned that it feels good and continue dressing to this day.

Wow,

I was 4,.  Tried on a pair of little girl green tights that I found in a closet.  Do not remember why but I was hooked from that point on.   Fought the desires as best I could but like all of you it was a losing battle.  Glad I lost the battles and the war.

Love

Melissa

Anonymous

The first time I did dress, I was about 10, and it was the idea of my playmates, twin girls.
      The first time I wanted to dress was about 4 years later, when I stumbled across a discarded sun dress in my school’s storage room. Then after decades of suppressed feelings, I was passing a display of ladies’ poly/spandex tees at my local Walmart, and felt compelled to buy one…and from there, it just snowballed.

TAMI
      Lady

I was about 12 years old and found my sister’s bra and girdle in the laundry basket and decided to try them on! It was such a rush when I put them on I got excited! Then every time nobody was around I would try them on and then the silky panties and eventually dresses! Now 62 years later I wear at least panties every day and have expanded my lingerie wardrobe and jeans and tops but haven’t had the courage to go out in public!

I just love dressing up and at least wearing lingerie under my clothes!!

Good luck to all my sisters!

LOVE TAMI ❤️❤️❤️

Anonymous

My cross dressing began with an intense dream when I was 8 years old.

I went to the lavatory to wash. Climbing onto a footstool, I saw myself in the mirror of the medicine cabinet, but it was a pretty girl that looked back. I felt my hair and my skin with my right hand and smiled. I was convinces I had turned into a girl and was happier than I had ever known.

Then I awoke on a Saturday morning, saw it was a dream, and cried for hours till no tears were left.

Two things began then. I began to cross dress. I also began a lifelong study of dreams. In both cases, I was desperate to bring back the girl in the mirror.

Anonymous

For me it started at 5 years old I grew up in the seventies a lot more women wore dresses and pantyhose and high heels then they do now my mom was one of the women I’m talking about and I was in the bathroom and I saw a pair of pantyhose and put them on and I was looking in the mirror I instantly fell in love with pantyhose the way it made my legs look pretty and the way it felt I finally sat down on the edge of the bathtub and crossed my legs just like Mom I literally probably in my life have bought and sore more pantyhose then most cis females lol💋

A little different response – I first wanted to dress because boys aren’t suppose to cry, but girls can. I was a sensitive boy, unlike the rough, tough boys in my neighborhood. I was much happier and more comfortable with the girls I grew up with (still prefer the company of women over men). I wanted to be one of them, because it was ok to be sensitive, to cry, to hug one another, to like reading and writing and art. Now, all those years later, I’ve discovered I can give a place to the feminine and the masculine in my life and be happy with who I am, expressing whichever gender needs expression.

I had a friend who dared me to put my Moms pantyhose on.  Little did he know what he was starting, to this day I have always denied that I ever completed his dare.  But that one dare has moved me to this life of loving pantyhose, heels and all things fem.

from my memory the first time i dressed was when i would of been 6 years old staying at my cousins house, I would always want to dress in her cloths and stay in them for the whole day

Anonymous

I was 10 or 11 and found pair of cousins panties in laundry and something compelled me to try them on. What a rush. It’s been 62 years and still wearing feminine clothing

Petra Y
      Lady

It was my moms wedding dress          and an old bra I found in a trunk. Then it became mostly bras. I just love wearing a bra and have many of my own now.

Anonymous
      1. It all started when I was 11. My sister and mother dressed me as a girl for Halloween. They thought it was a joke but the feelings it unleashed were incredible. I would move on to my sister’s bras and girdle and eventually panties and hose. Now I have my own things yet my spouse has made it clear she wouldn’t have a cross dresser in her house. While I am still in the closet I venture out when I can. My day is coming.

Wayyyyyyyy back to when I was 7-8 I discovered my moms beige pantyhose and how smooth and soft it was. Sometimes I’d see her in them and her nylon panties and think wow how soft would those feel together? When I was 7-8 it was Xmas break from school and I’d lay around playing with my new Star Wars or legos. And I knew she had taken off her hose and put them in the hamper. I ran upstairs and locked myself in the bathroom and put them on under my sweat pants. Back to the floor and legos. I can remember sitting there my knees pulled up to my chest watching some soap opera with my mom. Little did I know but the plus size hose was WAYYYYY too big for my body and the nylon leg slid down the opening of my pants and pooled on the floor, now I had socks on too and it looked like my skin was peeling off and just then my mother yells OMG WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR SKIN????!! SATND UP NOW MY FAVE TURNS RED AND I KNEW I WAS BUSTED!! I stand up she pulls my sweat pants down and there I am in my underoos with giant beige pantyhose drooping!  Omg why are you wearing these? All the questions she hit me with. Thank god my father wasn’t home. But she told him any way and he still makes fun of me to this day ,42 years later. But I loved how they felt and looked!!!

Ever since then I’d look in trash for used hose to sleep in and do what teenage boys can only think of in them. Then I found “silkies” brand pantyhose, the ones with a true nylon panty attached to the legs. Man those were great! So soft and I didn’t have to wear panties! SCORE!!!
      Then I got my drivers license! OH BOY I’d hit every lingerie shop I’d see advertised in the newspaper and buy my own hose! I had , black, white, red, lace, blue , good times…. good times! I’d have to watch on how many pairs I’d have in my room stashed under my stereo cabinet. That was only thing they wouldn’t clean or touch.

more memories to share if interested. Hopefully I’m posting these in right area. Hard to navigate on my phone.

Anonymous

When I was about 6 or 7 I lived with my grandparents after my mother’s husband died, my 2 cousins lived up on top of a hill north of the big house and we played all the time. One time we snuck up into the 2nd floor of the house and found the storage area and things just went from there into exploration from there, they tried all the old clothes that were up there and then tried all of them on me. There were nothing but women’s clothes there and so I became the 3rd sister and my crossdressing just started from there, my mom would let me play with her over the elbow gloves to keep me quiet during church services.

Then after I had served in Viet Nam in ’67 & ’68 I was stationed in Cocoa Beach and while going to the bars down there I met a girl who really liked to dress me up in beautiful clothes and take me to some of the bars around town. We really had a LOT of fun for a couple of years down there.

For me it was combination of things.  Sometime before I was 4, I saw my boy cousins (8 kids in the family 4 each) put on bras and stuff them out with tissue and put their t-shirts back on.  Then go out to tease their sisters.

Then when I was about 8 my brother and I were with my cousin’s family (different cousin) at some swimming venue.  They were of an age where girls were of a particular interest.  My bother told my cousin that if they had a spy camera, they could put me in a girl’s swimsuit and send me in to the dressing room to get pictures because I was of the age that there wasn’t much difference between boys and girl is looks.

Both those instances stuck in my memory and about a year later, I chanced upon a girls swimsuit stored in a box in my oversized closet.  I just had to try it on and see if my brother was right.  With addition of a swim cap to hide my short hair, he was right.  When I went to my sister room and looked in her full-length mirror there was girl looking back at me.

I became fascinated with the image and every chance I got I put the swimsuit on so I could see her again.  There were other things in the box.  Among them was a pair of nylon panties that had a side seam ripped out.  So used safety pins to close up the rip and tried them on as well.  They were too big, so put them back in the box and continued to wear the swimsuit at every chance.

Sometime later, my father discovered my repair to the panties and asked me about it.  I owned up to having made the repair and he asked why I’d done it.  I owned up to trying them on.  Interestingly enough, he didn’t punish me or even tell me I shouldn’t be doing that, but the box disappeared.  The swimsuit along with it.

Well, I still wanted to see that girl in the mirror, so I had no choice but to raid my sister’s clothes.  By the time I was 10, I could fasten a bra behind my back and easily put on nylon stockings and keep the seams straight (anyone remember when there wasn’t a such a thing as panty hose), walk in heals without wobbling.  I wore dresses, skirts and blouses and everything that went with them.  This continued until I was thirteen and my sister went off to college.  It was slim pickings after that, but I managed to purloin a few things to satisfy my need to wear soft and silky things.

These days I don’t have any men’s clothes.  I do how ever have some clothes that came off the women’s racks that are butch enough those who need to see me as a typical male can do so.

Anonymous

Hello ladies.

In my middle teens I battled a persisting temptation to explore girls panties and it reached the stage where my resolve to resist had weakened to such an extent that the urge to explore became overwhelming. Attempting to block out thinking about girls panties was proving futile. Suffice to say I eventually lost the battle and had to explore.

My sister who is 18 months older than me always wore the prettiest silky nylon panties with full back coverage and I had been admiring her panties for quite sometime whenever they were on the clothesline or when our mother was ironing the clothes when the washing had been brought inside after drying. These visions of my sisters gorgeous panties fed my thoughts and fueled the urge to explore.

During a day off from university I was home alone and experienced a huge rush of desire to explore. It overtook me completely. I went into my sister’s bedroom and looked in her wardrobe drawers and discovered all her pretty panties very neatly folded and packed. I was mesmerized at the sight of all the pretty silky soft shiny lovely nylon panties and felt envious of my sister being able to wear these panties every day. I touched and felt the panties. The panties felt heavenly. The moment had arrived and just looking and feeling the panties was not sufficient, so I undressed completely and took one of the pretty silky nylon panties while somewhat trembling at the time as I was doing something not expected of a young man. I then tried the panties on and looked in the mirror and liked what I saw. I was very excited and exhilarated wearing the panties. My senses then kicked in and I took the panties off and placed them back in the drawer in the exact position they were before.

After having tried on my sister’s panties I was invaded with persisting thoughts about panties and the temptation to try on panties again occurred very soon after the initial experience. So I tried on her panties again and it soon became a regular habit and need. I also became fascinated with silky nylon and lace slips which my sister wore and I tried on a slip and loved the feel of it and how it draped and looked on me. I tried on the panties and slip together and was won over. I then knew within myself that I wanted to wear panties and slips as often as I could and did so at every opportunity.

These experiences were very exciting for me and I knew it was something that would not stop. I continued putting on panties and slips until one day an unexpected intervening development occurred. This changed things dramatically and very significantly, and unexpectedly set me on a path to complete cross dressing which I had not envisaged. That particular development will be covered separately when I publish my story of how cross dressing beyond panties and slips evolved and how it led me to becoming a fully fledged cross dresser.

In conclusion it was pretty nylon panties and silky nylon and lace slips which made me want to dress.

Pictures of pretty girls in undies and swimsuits, when I was 10 or 11 years old, made me want to indulge in girlish pretensions–and it was so exciting when I did! I wanted to wear girls’ clothes to make myself look and feel like those beauties in the pictures, but I couldn’t get any real ones, so I drew pictures of myself wearing them and I pretended I really had them. I fantasized about letting a nice boy see me wearing his sister’s clothes, but really I didn’t dare!

I can recall looking at models in the JC Penny catalog (from the front of the catalog) from several years back. This well before the internet came around. The dresses interest me the most. I always wanted to see myself wearing a dress. The one thing I recall is wearing a sun dress when I was in high school when my other family members weren’t around.

For me,it was my mothers bras,panties and girdles.She had a long green skirt and a very pretty white blouse and that started it.I only had a few minutes every Sunday and I made the most of it.I now happily dress completely as Michelle any time I want .

Patty Phose
      Duchess

From the time I was 4 I loved wearing pantyhose with heels and a shirt that looked like a short dress. I began buying my own pantyhose at 13. At 17 I began wearing pantyhose out with guy shorts and guy clothes.

Soon after I decided I needed better clothes. I bought some short girl’s shorts and platform wedges. That’s when I began having a fascination with sexy shoes. After trying on a couple of pairs of sexy stilettos several times, I just decided I had to have them.

Then I thought those shoes would look so good with short dresses. I got some dresses. Than I had to have bras and panties. To compete a fem and sexy look I would need hair. I got a couple of wigs and some makeup.

I had a lifelong fascination and love of women’s clothes and wanted to wear everything. I finally had all I needed and now just had to get the nerve and a place to wear them. I got that opportunity at a college Halloween Party. I was very popular and had a great time. I met other dressers there and dressed with them often. I was loving it and in so many ways living a dream and fantasy.

I don’t quite know. When I was about 8-9 I feel in love with my namesake. She was utterly beautiful, long plaited hair in 2 plants – hip length. She wore short paisley dresses and white socks. Lush.

She was the root.

As I grew little older, I started looking seriously at girls in school summer dresses, and older ones in long leather coats and platform boots.

Don’t what happened, but eventually the urge to bond with them became unbearable and I became an acute observer, whilst it all built up.

IIn the end, it was college that finished me off. I met a girl who wore Basques, and one evening when she was out I tried her Basque on. Heavenly. 

From then on it’s’ been down/up hill.

My first memory is having to share a bedroom with my two female cousins, one my age and one younger than my ten years, as we got changed for bed I saw their pretty coloured cotton panties, so much nicer than my horrible Y fronts.

I so wanted to try on their panties, I had to wait until that Christmas and I found some of their presents, my resistance vanished quicker than my clothes. As I admired myself, I felt so alive and complete, finding a nice pencil skirt added to my happiness.

I never objected to sharing a room with my cousins again on family trips.

And it started my love affair with lingeries and cute panties,

Hi girls,
      From my pre teens on I not only was attracted to girls in tight jeans, shiny spandex disco jeans
      One piece swimsuits and so On but I wanted to wear them.
      I was so envious of the sexy cloths the girls got to wear and the pretty hair in the 70’s and 80’s.

Then my wife and I were doing a little bedroom experimentation and I was allowed to get a pair of leather knee high 5″ heeled boots for me to wear.

That was it,when I put those high heels on I knew I was meant to wear heels.
      I know they hurt but I never wanted to take them off.

Patty

Aoife
      Lady

I have been trying to think of some specific time when it all started. When I saw the Jerry Springer episode « Men Who Work as Women » when I was 9 was when it became an obsession, but it had started long before that. I think I was (as I still am) very confused by the difference between girls and boys and really wondered if just growing my hair out and wearing a dress would make me that different as a little kid. I definitely wanted a kilt as soon as I learned about them, but when my grandmother was on the verge of making me one was when I first started feeling shame. That intense feeling stuck with me any time the suggestion of cross dressing cane up for many years. When I was 5 my kindergarten teacher suggested I put on a princess costume one time and I flipped. Wish I did it! Soon after my mom dropped a skirt she wore as a costume in my dressing up box and that drive me crazy until I finally tried it on. Still have a secret love of long hippie skirts thanks to that one.

Ultimately as I have stated before I think it seemed to me like girls were happier and I wanted that, or at least some presence of it in my life. Maybe just something soft and pretty I could twirl in was enough?

My half sister who is 10 years older visited every summer.   I was maybe 8 one summer and she had already left to return to her home out of state.   She must of forgot or somehow left behind 2 pairs of nylon/satin bikini panties.  One was a turquoise blue type color the other white.   It was over 30 years ago now and I remember them on a shelf in our laundry room. I dont know why but my parents were going to ship them back home to.her and were hanging onto them until they could be mailed.

I was fascinated by them. I touched them.  Thought they were beautiful and eventually tried them on.   Everyday taking them back to the shelf where I had found them after playing with them.  One day they weren’t there which was upsettin .  I eventually raided my moms drawer. Where nothing there was as pretty as sisters.  As I grew older I continued to play in girlfriends and eventually now I own my own. Panties lingerie stockings wigs makeup heels etc etc. Lol.

I hardly remember a time in life where I wasn’t wanting to dress up.

Sarah C
      Lady

I don’t remember why, but I remember the moment when I first wanted to wear female clothing. I was 11 years old and sitting in the back of the car on a long ride back from visiting family friends. It was late, and I was dozing off. Suddently, for some reason I really wanted to try on one of my mother’s nylon slips. It was though a switch had been flipped in my head. I couldn’t stop thinking about it.

The next day was Sunday, and my parents went to church. I stayed home that morning and got dressed up in a black slip, bra, panties and pantyhose. It was absolutely amazing. I got dressed in my mother’s clothing as often as I could after that, going as far as trying to put makeup on when I knew I’d have the house to myself for some time. I wore all her clothes. This was back in the mid 80s, and I still have a soft spot for the fashion of the time.

I can date it because of the location.

We were on holiday in my grandparents holiday house on Pevensey beach.

My grandparents sold it in 1970, so I was 4 or 5, no older.

I went onto the beach alone one morning after breakfast. As the house was on the beach and I could be seen from the windows, my parents let me wander freely – like they did at home!

There was less traffic in those days, and I would go up and down the road we lived in, playing with the other children – mostly girls of my age.

Anyway, a girl appeared from the beach house next to ours, wearing a beautiful pink one piece with a tiny ballerina type skirt.

I thought that I had never seen such a lovely item of clothing and longed to wear it for over 50 years!

I have a similar one now, and fully intend to wear it the next time I visit Brighton.

I have a bunch of really good friends there, so hopefully will be able to organise a little picnic party on the beach – I can see myself now, in a wide-brimmed sun hat and sunglasses, in my swimsuit, throwing a beach ball to giggling companions!

Love Laura

C

I guess I was about 6-7. At our beach club we shared a changing room / locker with friends who had a daughter about my age. One day I was getting changed and her one piece suit was there. I wondered what it was like and pulled it on, it just felt so right then and there! I loved the way it felt and how I looked, just sad I had to take it off and carefully hang it back up. Needless to say that summer I got changed a lot of times.

That feeling that the clothes just made me feel right stuck with me, so later I experimented with my sister’s clothes, trying to get the look right. As she was a fair bit older the size-fit lines crossed in my teens and suddenly the clothes fit, I had long hair then and no body hair so it all came together! I remember going out as a girl from then was so easy, I would go to town and shop and no-one noticed. Sadly, puberty put paid to that with hair and shape changes!

For me, I had a natural attraction to it when I started to turn 14. And it’s something that I always loved. In my younger years I should have explored the idea of transitioning. I think I would have been a lot happier. But for now, I make the most of it that I can.

It was shoes for me. I’d always enjoyed helping my wife shop for shoes and buying shoes for her. The first time I saw myself in a pair of open toed heels with newly painted coral nails I was hooked.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Combination of curiosity and an inner feeling that it was “right for me”.

I am one of two brothers, so naturally it was my mother’s clothes, especially her formal wear and lingerie, (bras and 60’s girdles….) I would have been in my early teens and wore then when my parents would leave me alone for the weekend to go to our “holiday cottage by the sea”. Would never happen now…

Also finding a page in an encyclopedia, (remember them… pre google…??) showing period fashion throughout out the ages.  Which is why I now own 3 period gowns!!!

Cut to now and Caty is an integral  part of my being…..But like everyone else The “Bug” has shut her down almost completely … (Except for underdressing 24/7 and sleeping with bra and breast forms on my “bod”:

Caty

Anonymous

My moms french nickers and camisol sets💜

For as long as I can remember I’ve always felt that a big part of me is female. I’ve been fascinated with women’s clothes and probably started dressing in my mother’s clothes when I was 7 or so. I especially remember a leotard that fascinated me. And later a girdle and hose – that was the first time I was caught. I also remember having hidden some of my mother’s underwear in one of my drawers and my mother discovering and asking why her underwear was in my drawer. I don’t know if I had a response, I just knew that it always felt right and exciting to wear women’s things. It still does, many, many years later, although now the clothes I wear are mine.

It was so long ago it is hard to recall but in considering the time, place and other conditions I believe that the desire for feminine companionship led to creating a feminine companion that transitioned into a desire to be feminine.

But, it is likely that the desire, even need, to be feminine had always been with me and was only awakened rather than created by circumstance.

Araminta.

Anonymous

Sarah kind of the same for me when I was young boy I used to sit and watch my mother get dressed for work should be sitting at her vanity applying her makeup with her silky dress pantyhose high heels with her legs crossed and I just got done if I’d was that I wanted to be like her so when I was alone anytime I was alone the urge to put on a pair of her panties pantyhose a full slip high heels glass and as I got older makeup curling my long hair as it was the 70s ultimately I had a fun time being a girl as a child and a teenager and I have to say I was pretty cute back then and girl I could walk like a runway model and a pair of 4 in heels kiss kiss Jasmine 💋💋

I dont know what really first attracted me. My friend Tiara had forced me to dress up multiple times, and she caught on that i was willingly doing it. I think it was the make up and nail polish that got me. But i loved it all around. I loved everything about it.

Anonymous

Its interesting that a majority of us started out very young.  I remember wearing my girl cousin’s swimsuit when we went to visit them one summer..My mom never lets me forget it.  I guess I’ve had a few things that could have gone either way depending on how you looked at them.

But the first time I intentionally dressed with the idea of creating a feminine image was my sophmore year in high school. Left unsupervised during Easter Break, a buddy of mine and I were surfing the net in places we shouldn’t have been and something clicked, seeing the beautiful porn babes, especially the crossdressers and tgirls..On a dare I went into mom’s room, slipped on a bright pink teddy she kept in her dresser drawer, a pair of silver high heels and clumbsily walked back to the living room where my buddy just about exploded…lol..we got the idea to take some pics never revealing my face and showed them around our inner circle..I loved the effect it had on the guys and I took more…and that woke the female muse inside me. I would lose myself in the girls health section at the library,  imagine myself as the female protagonist in the steamy romance novels I could find (I recommend Megan Hart).  I eventually ended up in front of the school’s shrink with my mom, but thats a whole nother chapter

Rosiebeth
      Lady

Well. When I was little I was the only boy with tons of cousins that were girls and sisters.  My aunts thought it cute to dress me up and had me parade around for them.  My sister convinced me to play dress up and have tea parties with her.  Then one day it stopped because I was a boy but it was too late.  I was way hooked on everything girlie. I couldn’t help myself there after and I had to dress whenever I could.  Panties, dresses and the works.  I love dressing up my feminine side.  It’s just so pleasing and I don’t want to stop.  My grandmother knew and when nobody was around she dressed me up and we made cookies.  How cool was that.  So I had some help in starting to dress but that desire is there now forever.  Girl power.

When I was about perhaps 7 or 8 I remember having a dream where I was a girl with long hair. Since then I’ve had fantasies about being a girl, dressing up in girls clothes.

Years later, I loved the first time I was home alone and got my hands on a lovely wool cardigan…

By around age 12 or 13, I began having very intense feelings/urges for other boys and older men.  Sexual feelings before I even really understood sex at all.

When home alone, I would go into my sister’s room and read her Cosmo mags for help, advice, tips, etc.  I suppose I became envious (maybe?) of the girls in the articles, ads at how they were free to express themselves in a way I couldn’t.

Eventually, that led me to her pantyhose, which I would wear while at home alone.  It not just felt good, but it felt intense, exciting, heightened my fantasies, and made me feel more attractive than I did as a boy.

A year or two later, I started occasionally sneaking out at nights wearing pantyhose, hoping to meet men, somehow thinking they would find me more desirable that way.  Full dressing came many years later.

Anonymous

New Member Here,

I just found this topic and it warmed my heart.

I remember exactly when I first dressed. When I was a child my parents room was absolutely off limits to children. I was about 10 and saw one of my mother’s bras on the floor just 10 feet from me. I remember being so intrigued about it.  So i took a chance and stepped into the unknown entered the room and touched the bra. The cups were so silky and soft, the thing was mesmerizing to me. It took me a minute to figure out how it worked but I put the straps over my shoulders. That moment to this I love the feeling of wearing a bra.

-Caroline

Lisa Jane
      Lady

When I was 10 yo, I saw the James Bond film For Your Eyes Only, after seeing in the papers that Caroline Cossey was one of the Bond Girls, and had been outed by the media,

watching the film didn’t make me want to be Bond, I wanted to be her,

that set me on the path of trying my sisters clothes on

That was that, I then dressed all through my teens when I could,

life intervened and marriage & kids stopped me, having split & divorced, the feelings returned with a vengeance, leading to being able to dress & start to use makeup in earnest,

it’s been 3 years now since the start, and This month was 2 years since Lisa made her public debut at an event called Leeds First Friday in the UK.

the only regret I have is the missed years when I could have truly been myself.

Lisa Fox
      Lady

Great question!

I was raised for a while by  a single mom, and when I was 7, it was seeing her pantyhose, heels and lipstick that did me in.  I couldn’t resist, and don’t know why but I tried them on. From that point on they were must haves.

When I was a teenager, it was those three things that I would buy any chance I could…or when I had the courage.  It wasn’t until my 20s that it expanded to panties, bras, dresses and make up.

If I had to highlight only one…pantyhose.  The background behind my profile pic says it all!

Hugs,

Lisa

This one is easy for me..my sister.  She was just so cute and the boys adored her.  I remember the first time, vividly, sneaking a pair of her Calvin Klein yellow tanga panties.  Once on, I never looked back.  I still remember the panties in detail to this day 35 years ago.

August 1976.

It was a hot summer night.

I was 11.

My sister and I were staying with our paternal grandparents in Somerset.

During the day, my grandmother presented my sister with a waist slip. I had never seen one before, and was instantly smitten!

I loved what it looked like, imagined what it would feel like, and felt a compulsion that I had never felt before, although I had daydreamed about wearing girls clothes more times than I care to remember. First time I recall was aged 5.

That night, after I was convinced that my sister was asleep, I tiptoed to the drawer that I knew it was in – we shared a bedroom – and off with my pyjamas and on with the slip.

I had exactly enough time to realise that this was every bit as good as, if not better thand my imagination, before my sister piped up “Why are you wearing my petticoat?”

Horrified, I denied it, ran back to bed, returning the slip in the morning before she woke up, and hardly ever spoke to her again to this day.

I really need to get over it!

Love Laura

At first it was because it was taboo, I wanted to do something that would break out of my quiet always conforming personality.

rhonda
      Lady

Old saying is ” The Devil Made Me do It “

Curiosity. Since I was young (8-ish) at the time I first dressed I only knew that certain clothes became associated with boys or girls. I never asked nor was I asked which I wanted to wear but it was just came to be known.  At the time boys and girls wore shorts, tee shirts, jeans etc that were fairly unisex. But one item that struck me as unique was a basis blue one piece racer back Speedo bathing suit. It just looked cool. tried it in and WOW! Needless to say that was the first time I wore something and also the first and only time I was caught. So much teasing and reprimand sent me into the “closet” until adult hood.

Anonymous

I was about 10 or 11 and i remember seeing my grandma’s bras and panties in her drawer. They were silk white panties with little hearts and the bra was white. I went to her room when i was home,alone and took them to the bathroom and put them on. My heart was racing as i looked at myself,in the mirror wearing them. The feeling of them against my skin and how pretty i thought i looked was amazing. From there i would take her garters and pantyhose and,put all of it on and prance around the house,pretending to be a girl. Since then I’ve moved to dresses, and makeup and love it

Chrissy Jones
      Duchess

I’ve been fascinated by lingerie as long as I can remember. When is was 6 or 7 I would look through the Sunday ads, looking at all of the things I really wanted to wear – panties, stockings, pantyhose, girdles and bras. When I was old enough to be left home alone, at 11 or 12, I went into my mom’s room and tried on a girdle and bra, then pantyhose, then one of her dresses, and finally everything at once plus her jewelry. I loved how it all felt. I was hooked, but had to give it up when I outgrew her things. It’s so nice to be all grown up and have girly things of my own.

Chrissy

Hi. I was attracted to the softness, colours and pretty lingerie. I grew from there to appreciate it more and realize that I had a very feminine side.

Well like a lot of you ladies,  apon coming across my older sisters satin bright thong in the laundry, it felt naughty but exciting to see what girls teenage girls wear under was like. Is probably 12 and just starting to explore my own body, and an erotic thought jumped out at me to try them on to see how boy parts fit in in that tiny garb ment for girl parts. When I pulled them up and the g string rode up my ass I was curious to see how excited I became…

It’s hard to pinpoint what exactly made me want to start crossdressing. When I was little, my mother always made my Halloween costumes. I was big into superheroes and she always had me wear whatever colored tights that matched the costume.

But another possibility was the fact that I grew up playing with girls in my neighborhood as there were no boys around. I clearly remember being at my neighbors house and seeing their laundry pile and being fascinated with a pair of tights I saw. I only lived in that neighborhood until I was 5, so I could have only been 3 or 4 when that happened!

But the reasoning I use most in my mind is that my mother was physically abused by my father since before I was born. So I always felt closer to my mother because of it and hence wanted to be more feminine than masculine because I hated my father. ( they finally divorced when I was 12)

I have many memories of sneaking into my mother’s room and stealing a pair of her pantyhose so I could wear. I even went as far as spending an entire summer locked in my bedroom prancing around in my mother’s pantyhose! (I was 7 or 8 at the time)

As I grew older I would steal pantyhose from my friends mother’s or sisters to feed my desires. (Not proud of this, but it was what it was)

Surprisingly, I was never caught. But when I was in high school my mother accidentally caught our kitchen on fire and we had to move out for 3 months while they redid our kitchen. All of our clothes had to be sent out to remove the smoke smell out of them and I remember when we moved back in to our home my mother placed a pile of folded clothes back from being cleaned that belonged to me and in that pile were several pairs of tights. I thought for sure I was busted, but my mom never said a word!

When I was 4 years old, I remember my sister getting a baby blue “princess” dress.  I loved how it looked and the way it flared out.  I promptly stole it and it was mine from then on.  I wore it around home, which now surprises me considering my parents.

While my home life was very conservative, gender roles were less so.  What I mean by that is men and boys were expected to work outside the house and inside the home.   A man was supposed to learn to be self-sufficient, while women were to be taken care of.   This was confirmed by my mother who became ill for a long period of time.  My father taught me about cars, and lawn care, while my older brother taught me to cook, clean, and do laundry.

I was eleven years old and in the laundry room folding clothes and found a pair of my thirteen year old sister’s panties.  They were pink and satin but plain.  I remember being amazed at how different they were than mine.  Once again, I resorted to thievery and later in the basement slipped them on.  I wore them the rest of the day and what a wonderful feeling the satin was under my jeans.

I was allowed to stay with my elderly grandmother so my thefts increased.  I raided the Goodwill donation bags from my mother and sister.  I soon had a sizable wardrobe, including cast off panties, bras, shorts, skirts, blouses, dresses, heels, and even a wig.   I would dress every chance I got.  I wore the same clothes I saw in the women’s magazines and catalogs.  How many pre-teen boys could boast wearing last year’s teen girl and women’s fashions?

Three years later, my grandmother became sick and I was forced to move back home.  Since I could not take my wardrobe with me and my sister’s things no longer fit well, I graduated solely to my mothers clothes.  I had not gone through puberty and I was easily able to wear her clothes and heels.   Once in high school, I often pretended I was sick in order to stay home so I could spend the day dressing in her things and doing what teen boys do.

I am sure my mother knew I used her things but decorum dictated we didn’t speak of such things.  She only hinted once that she knew of my dressing.  My dressing was put on hold for a couple of years while I was in the “pre-don’t ask don’t tell” military.

Odie Bell
      Lady

well this is my very first post…anywhere. It is fitting that it be about my first cross dressing experience. Before I was in kindergarten, so 4 or 5 years old, I was playing hide and seek at a friends house.  He had 2 older teenage sisters and I hid in their closet.  It was the late 70’s and they had a closet full of polyester full length dresses.  While hiding in their closet I stood up and was inside one of their dresses. I probably confused the feeling of excitement  of playing hide and go seek with the sensation of being in the dress but it was too late.   From then on going department store shopping I would walk from my mom and crawl through the racks of dresses and accidentally stand up inside the prettiest ones.

that lead to exploring my own sister’s closet of tutu’s and ballet slippers.  But that is a more adventurous story.

One day, when I was 9, we were in our neighbor’s front room getting ready for school. My neighbor walked thru the front room to take care of some minor issue wearing only a bra and a girdle. To me, she looked overwhelmingly feminine. That night, I started dreaming of having my own bra and girdle. In my mid-teens, I started wearing my mom’s panties, girdle and nylons. I loved feeling so like a girl. Now, 50 years later, I wear at least panties almost every day. I often wear a bra and breast forms, too. Feeling femme just seems so natural to me.

Anonymous

For some reason I always loved how women looked in a flowing silk scarf. When I was fourteen I  stole one of my mother’s scarves and tried it on and wore it like I had seen so many women do. The feeling of silk on my skin was exhilarating to me. I never felt anything so soft and beautiful. This led me to silk dresses, blouses, slips- anything I could get my hands on.  I never looked back and wearing a silk scarf is still my favorite feminine look.

Hi all.

I guess the what made me want to dress fem, was actually out of necessity.  It was my high school years and we had a bad ice storm.  The heater in my house went out and the repair was back logged for awhile.  So I stayed at my girlfriends place for the time and ran out of clean underwear.  I asked my lady if i could borrow a pair of her panties.  They were plain nothing special, cotton hi waist size 6 panties.  I put them on and the softness of the material, oh my god they felt great.  I’m not gonna lie i popped an instant boner.  From then on I have been wearing panties everyday. I have tried bras, corsets, skirts, and dresses and absolutely love the feel of all of them.  I mainly just wear the underwear on a daily basis, but when i get the chance to get dolled up, I do it.

The first time I saw my mother naked, I wondered “Why doesn’t she have a penis? Why do I?” I got scolded for staring. Later I looked in her dresser drawers and found a pink pointy cup stain bra, and matching panties! Mom wasn’t too big in the breast department, soshe had all these  foam rubber falsies that fit in her bras ! I put on the pink bra, stuffed it with foam rubber, and I had instant breasts! I still remember that pink bra !

Lois Lane…..

Women have stylish and comfortable materialled clothes.  Dresses or skirts look so much more comfortable than pants or shorts.  With the material able to be thinner, than material for pants, the feel on my body feels soo much better.

Wish I had the guts to go get more than just lingerie.  Want a nice light skirt or dress with belt.

Anonymous

I was in the same boat until just this week. Annaleigh had enough and resolved to go and get what she wanted. So she got herself 2 pair of panty hose (3 technically, though I ripped the first pair by accident), a slip, and a little black ponte trumpet dress. Now Annaleigh feels gorgeous.

Anonymous

What a Great thread you have started NA!

This thread brings back memories. Back when I was 7 or 8 through to 10, a few things spring to mind;
      .Finding one of mum’s slips, loving the feel of the material, and trying it on.
      .Then a Peignour style gown, and loving that even more.
      .Mum was sometime seamstress, being the 1960s, some of the neighbour girls wanted mini-skirts, so she made them for them. She needed a fitting dummy, and I was close to hand, so I became a fitting dummy for mini skirts and dresses. I think that pushed things along, – to trying on mums heels, etc.

.I also remember a school ‘formal’ for how the girls looked, so pretty and well dressed compared to we boys, and several levels above their usual school wear. I particularly remember one girl’s angora jumper (sweater) was so soft and pretty.

.I remember a girls birthday party I went to. Again the girls were dressed up, and I wished I could too. They put on nail polish, and I said “what about me?” Only to be told ‘boys don’t’. 🙁  .

.I started to envy the girls, the clothes and fabrics they got to wear. They got to get on the bus first, didn’t get ‘6 of the best’ ever (the cane), and much more.

.In late primary school, and then in early high school, I got to play girls in school plays (all boy schools).

Since then I have loved the fabrics, and the many different articles of clothes that girls get to wear, but boys don’t. Envious? You betcha, but less so when you can buy, dress, and indulge in those same fabrics and styles myself.

I think there is a bit of the opposite sex, at least, in each of us. More so in some, and hence you have tomboys and CDS. Maybe they are different sides of the same coins, and a similar percentage of each sex?

Anonymous

I have always been fascinated by women’s panties. In my youth, I onced asked a female neighbor friend if she wanted switch underwear with me. In high school, I always liked to watch the girls sitting in front of me when they had panties appearing through their light colored pants. But the first time I started dressing up was when I was employed to clean at a ladies lingerie warehouse, for a company similar to that of Victoria’s Secret. I then started secretly wearing my then ex-wife’s panties. Now, 25 years later, I am dressing up fully on a regular basis.

I must have been 11 or 12 when looking for something in a closet across the hallway from my room i came apon a box full of my sisters old clothes( i have three older sisters btw) and undergarments. My curiosity got the best of me as i  looked through the box . Finding training bras and panties i then had to try some on and as they the rest is history. To this dst my favorite items are a bra and panties.

Probably seeing my mother and aunt in their undies. I was probably 10 years old. It was in the late 50s and women wore girdles with attached garters, a bra, hose and slips. In warm weather they would walk around the house in their lingerie before they finished dressing.

One  day when they were at work I found a panty girdle in the wash. I also found a pair of panties. I slipped the panties on and struggled into high waisted panty girdle. Next came the stockings which I attached via the garters. A bra followed, padded out with a pair of panties in each cup..

Finally I pulled on a full satin slip. As the lace slip bottom touched the nylons I had most powerful reaction. I almost fainted.

To this day I enjoy a tight fitting panty girdle. I frequently think of my first time.

I wanted to be desirable. I wanted to be cute and sexy. Somewhere a switch flipped and I wanted to be a all those things but as a girl. I started creating Jill in my head and made her as sexy as I could. Everyone would want to date Jill. I never got to do this when I was in my twenties or thirties but I wish I had. I would have loved to have spent my life as a cute submissive wife. At least that is the mythology I created in my head. Now I am getting to build at least part of this in my actual life.

Anonymous

Sometimes the road to what we want and need as a person can be so very long and hard. It can also be very lonely at times. I knew what I wanted at 10 years of age, but I dare not tell anyone what I knew was the real me. So many decades ago I started my journey and created this other me. The real me that enjoyed life to its fullest, but only in private. Times have changed for the better now and will only improve in the future. I may walk alone, but I am truly happy for the moments I can be myself.  

Anonymous

I am older than most of you ladies so I started dressing early, my cousins who were 1 – 2 years younger than me lived about ½ mile up a hill from my grandparents and so they would come down and play in the “big House”. Naturally I got included in the play dressing and so I got my start there, my mother was a drunk and she would make me dress up and sleep in her bed when she was drinking. This went on for about 8 years until my mom remarried and we moved into the big city with my step father, I would sneak around the neighborhood checking to see who’s house hadn’t been locked and then explore.

I went thru high school occasionally dressing when I could, then off to community college and then into the Air Force and then to Viet Nam for a year. When I came back from ‘Nam I was stationed at Patrick AFB near Cocoa Beach and the whole coast, I was constantly on the beach and in the bars all the time. One night I met a cute girl and we went to her place, shortening the story we made love and then she used a lot of makeup on me and we made love again, I was hooked. From then on we would get gussied up and then go to other bars which were 100 to 200 miles across Fla. I learned how to cool off boys who got excited and she got all her kinks out of her system and I finally finished up my enlistment and moved back home. More story to follow if anybody is interested.

I’m interested in hearing more ! I think you are so cute ! Would love to get better acquainted !

Anonymous

I tried on my mums tights and i felt beautiful and enjoyed wearing them and then moved onto lingerie as i used to gaze at catalogues when i was little and think she looks amazing i want to try that and used to dream i was female and then i could wear beautiful pretty clothes. Plus when i hit puberty i hated all the body hair and had to shave it off and generally feminised myself from that day on and continuing to do so.

Anonymous

I was fascinatated by womens legs and how beautiful they look in tights, then i found out that my own look amazing in hosiery too and then started wearing knickers corsets and bras and then just went all out femme and dressed as a women 😄 whenever it took my fancy and wow it took my fancy as i went from a strapping scaffolder into a sexy smooth sexy women that could wander around ladies shops and buy anything and be very convincing as long as i didnt speak too much LOL

Anonymous

An eventual completely overwhelming need to be ‘more’… To be ‘better’ …to upgrade.

Sooner (or later) This HAD to happen to me.

Thanks!

Anonymous

When I was very young my sister use to dress me up like her little sister. When I got older. I still had the desire and started doing it on my own when I was in my teens

I really want to say the first thing I ever tried was some eyeshadow when I was around 7 or 8.

It was your typical 80’s color theme with bright green and blue and I am almost positive it was Almay. I found it when rifling through the bathroom cabinet and was amazed by it. I waited till I was sure everyone was asleep and I just had to try it, it didn’t turn out great and it took forever to get it all off but I was hooked.

Of course, that experiment made me want to progress in other areas as well, and here we are today. I can at least say my eyeshadow game has come leaps and bounds.

Cynthia

For me it started when I was about 4 the feel of silk on my great grandmas legs was wonderful. I eventually ventured into moms room over time and tried on her pantyhose and negligees, then at sleep over at grandmas I dipped into her stockings and dresses and almost 45 years later I have my own wardrobe makeup etc and so that’s how it started and I hope to never ever stop !!!

Hugs and kisses Candace

Anonymous

What’s weird for me is that when I had a crush on a girl, I imagined what it would be like not to just be with her, but to be her. I’ve always like well endowed brunettes  which is where my femme name came from. When the pink fog rolls in, I want to see my shoulder length brunette wig touching my cleavage supported by a sexy pushup bra and a low cut shirt. That feeling has been around for decades and I choose to indulge in it when alone.

I was the only boy in a family of nothing but multiple stunning women in my family. I always felt kinda left out and wanted to fit in. But ultimately, it was my sister. She was the most beautiful and stunning girl in high school. For whatever reason, trying on her bras and panties gave me bit of insight of what it was like to be her.

I would race home from school before my parents got home, grab her bra and panty drawers and dump them out on the bed. I’d try on every set and stare at myself in the mirror…stealing my favorites to seep in. Could not get enough of it. Been almost 30 years, but still a great memory.

Anonymous

I got into crossdressing because of curiosity about what it felt like to wear women’s clothes.  I don’t know the source of that curiosity.  I wish I did.

I don’t know what mad me do it but somewhere I even have a picture of it my mom took when her and my dad came home after being out and caught me fast asleep laying on their bed dressed in one of her green dresses with nylons on. I can still remember the feeling of those nylons sliding up my legs and the satin inside the dress coming down my body and against the nylons so wonderful and I would only be about 5or6. I was the youngest of an all boy household but that night hooked me. I didn’t dress for a very long time till I was about 14 and found a satin dress my sister in law had left behind and it all started again that dress and getting into all of my mothers things on the laundry table I was able to spend whole night’s trying different things! In my teens I took a particular teddy from my girlfriend (now wife) and would wear it under my clothes. She new I had a thing for under things but didn’t know I was a full cross dresser until a few years ago when I came out to her we have been married 34 years but coming out is another story for another day .

I always love this kind of discussion. I’m always fascinated and excited by reading and hearing about other experiences and being able to recount my own. It’s a pleasure for me and also helps me to understand this wonderful side of myself more and more.

The fact is that I cannot remember a time when I did not not crossdress at every available opportunity or be constantly mindful and distracted by thoughts and fantasies of expressing the feminine side of myself.

My mother is the obvious inspiration and “excuse” for my absolute pleasure in all things transvestic.
      She represented all the most beautiful things in life to me: love, kindness and femininity.
      However, the sad truth is, she was absent for the greater part of my childhood years, albeit through no fault of her own. My lightsource of care and affection, elegance and glamour. I missed her far too much and I had to feel closer to her, I discovered a magical way to do this.
      Unfortunately, for all of my life, she worked very long hours and I missed her being around. When I was around 11 years old she became very ill and spent a lot of time in hospital. This sadness reached its heartbreaking low when I was 14, she died.

I remember vividly, when I was around 5 years old or even younger, one of my earliest experiences of womanly loveliness. My father was out drinking and my mother at work as usual.
      It was in the early days of one December, the weeks running up to Christmas. My oldest brother suggested that my other brother and I join him to search my parents’ bedroom for any hidden presents that might have been already been bought for us. His covert delinquency soon quashed any illusions I had of the existence of Santa Claus!
      While my brothers were rummaging through drawers and under the bed, I had seen a shiny brown, button fronted overall, I was drawn to it. Even though it was a spare workwear item, it resembled a gorgeous satin shirtdress. I was soon sliding it from the hanger where it had been placed so temptingly on the wardrobe door.

My arms slipped though the glossy short sleeves and, I can remember so well, the nylon lustre made an elegant rustling sound every time I moved in it. I loved seeing my little-boy hands appearing from the ladylike turned-up “cuffs”. The adult length of the skirt trailed behind me like a wedding dress.
      Luckily, my brothers’ greedy curiosity was keeping them far too busy to notice their sissy sibling pretending to be their mother’s favourite girl! I still don’t know if they ever saw me.
      Maybe this was when I was baptised and hooked into crossdressing, my lifetime’s desire of dresses, skirts and blouses had already started. To evolve into the sensual, comforting and wonderful addiction that it is today.

Another recollection I will always keep with me was when I was around 12.
      Walking past my parents’ open bedroom door, I spied my mother’s black satin blouse hanging on the back of a chair. It must have been there since before she had to go into hospital.
      It called to me.
      I walked towards it, my heart racing yet my eyes welling.
      I picked it up and smelled the still detectable perfume on it.
      I looked in the mirror and quickly pulled my t-shirt off over my head.
      My hands slipped hough the still-buttoned 3 studded cuffs. I struggled to button the front of it because, by this time, I was bigger than my mum.
      I looked again in the mirror. It looked, and I felt, just so BEAUTIFUL.
      I was so aware of its female fitted tailoring. The shiny black polyester finish, even the typical 70s pretty teardrop collars. The flared sleeves before the tight long cuffs were so unlike any of the masculine clothes I usually had to wear.
      Soon after this time, puberty and adolescence arrived: the reassuring luxury of feminine fabric and fashions was joined by a maturing eroticism, my dressing had reached adulthood along with the rest of me. The innocent excitement of clothing escapism and devoted emulation to my mother had become sensualised and arousing.
      My identity and my sexuality.

Although I haven’t been able to dress, for a couple of reasons, since my last purge, I know that I will again and I take great comfort in this thought. It’s all I think about these days.
      Being unable to express my femininity is not good for me. It makes me clumsy, self-conscious and sad.

I was about eight and my mother had gone up the street to visit a friend (who turned out was under the weather)providing me with a great opportunity to rummage through her drawers. of course I knew exactly where her lingerie was kept and soon had taken off all of my boy clothes and had put on the bottom half of a canary yellow two-piece baby doll as I stood there admiring it and loving the feeling of it I looked in the mirror and she was standing there just watching me.  the next thing that was going to happen was going to dictate my life although I didn’t know it at the time. I was afraid she would freak out but instead, she removed her coat laid it on the bed and came over to her drawer grabbed the top of the baby doll outfit and slid it over my shoulders. She said she had known I had been going through her drawers as they were amiss at times and began to brush my hair. That started a lifelong journey I have always embraced, albeit very lonely and painful at times, I am grateful for all that I have and all that I do

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Staci Green. Reason: Typos
      Katey Doe
      Lady

For me it was when I was very young. I had a strong desire so one day I put on a pair of undies, since then that desire kept getting stronger and stronger. Then from there it just progressed. I’m so glad that I tried on those undies. Here I am and not one regret. I love being Katey. Hugs Katey

As with most of you, the initial interest started at a very young age for me as well. My curiosity began at probably age 6 or 7 looking at the lingerie section of the Sears catalog. At that age, it wasn’t a sexual thing. I was fascinated by what I saw, and remember thinking that it was unfair that I couldn’t wear those kinds of things. For several years after that, it was really about admiring and even feeling a little jealous. The first time I actually acted on it, I was about 12 years old. There was a pair of my sister’s pantyhose in the bathroom trash because they had a run in them. I couldn’t resist the urge. I took them out, and first just felt them for a bit, and eventually put my arm in one leg hole. Immediately afterwards, I had to know how they felt on me the proper way. It was electrifying and I was instantly hooked. It didn’t take long until I was digging through my sister’s and mom’s underwear drawers and trying on everything they had to offer.

Viewing 83 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?