• This topic has 30 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 26 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

In my short time doing makeup there is one that haunts me to this very day. I’ve been practicing things like ombré lip which is fabulous and applying colors I love like reds and purples in my eyeshadows; I still have the hardest time with the simple technique of the “cat eye” eyeliner. What technique haunts everyone else?

Hi Clarissa

I struggle with all makeup.  I  regularly see a clown with a five o clock shadow in the mirror.  Sounds like your doing great.

Jennifer

Well, I still haven’t found the right foundation yet. The one I’ve been using makes me look sickly. I bought a darker color this past weekend and haven’t had a chance to try it yet.

Other than shaving for the five o’clock shadow, conceal, conceal, conceal!

Eyelashes for sure, Fake Eyelashes are evil. To much glue, not enough glue, sticking where they should not, not sticking where they should. I always buy the multi pack cause I know I’m going to need at least two pair sometimes three to get them right. The day I conquer the Eyelash is going to be a great day for me.

Anonymous

It is always the eyes, if I use less mascara the effect looks like day wear for a lady but as soon as I go into evening  glamour it looks ” pandarish ” lol and that pesky eyeliner !

<p style=”text-align: left;”>[postquote quote=250172][/postquote]</p>
        I use pretty much the same makeup for daytime and evening glamour, but daytime I generally use a soft eyeliner pencil, whereas for the evening I’ll use a liquid eyeliner or one of the ‘felt-tip pen’ ones. I don’t much around with the lower part of the eye – at best the lower lashes might get a whisk of mascara. Just stick to the eyelid and upper lashes.

One of the things I like to do is use a waterproof gell eyeliner pencil on the water line. No need for eyeliner under the bottom eyelashes.

Edie Majeski
      Baroness

Putting on false eyelashes. They always get hung up on my natural eyelashes which are somewhat long to start with.

For me its always the eyes, i need to wear glasses and just can not do eyes. can’t see them LOL

For me, it’s still eyeliner and mascara.  Thankfully, I don’t need false lashes, but putting on the liner and mascara is a nightmare (since I need glasses).

It is always anything to do with my eyes. That is my wife’s department when I dress. I am so lucky to have her.

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

I would say eyeliner and mascara, mostly because I find trying to apply makeup without my glasses to be a bit difficult.

Anonymous

I struggle with making up my eyes.  I have never gotten my eye liner and eye shadow to look the way I want them to.  At least I can apply mascara or false eyelashes without too much trouble.  Lol.

Anonymous

It would be easier to say what I don’t struggle with, lol. I must say it is my eyes. I have relatively poor eyesight, my prescription has exponents! The damn glasses are such an impediment.

Clo Reilly
      Baroness

Hi ladies! A lot of you said the false eyelashes, have you ever tried the individual lashes? I find them so much easier to apply than strips!
      Also it’s very important to let the glue get tacky before you apply to your eyes, put glue on the lashes and wait about 30 seconds (blowing on them helps) and then apply.
      Great tip for the car eye is to use tape to get a straight line and the angle you want. I love love love a good cat eye!

My biggest problem is the fact that I have hooded eyelids so it makes it more difficult. I’ll have to search out more videos and hopefully I can experiment a bit this weekend after playing Santa all week!

Amy Myers
      Baroness

It’s doing my eyes as well. I love the look of the well done eyeliner, and how some bring out to a point past the outer edge of each eye, though I’ve tried many times, I can never do it very well. Also doing eye shadow, the odd time it comes out looking alright. Slowly getting  better though!

Amy

Things started to finally come together when I was able to get a foundation that actually matched my skin.  My eyeshadow skills have gotten better but I still falter on eyeliner and contouring at this point.  I don’t get much time to practice anymore and it shows.

Cynthia

Eyes, lips and foundation is all a piece of cake with practice, practice, practice. I have found highlighting to be the most difficult to master. Remember Girls, with make up, “Less is More!!”. Keep it light and build in layers to avoid “cakey” foundation and the clown look. Learn to blend your eye shadows, don’t want to look like Mama Partridge from the 60’s.

Anonymous

I’ve got the makeup routine down pretty well at this point, having seriously crossdressed since 2006. But I do have a hell of a time with false lashes. I have to carve out 30 minutes for those things alone. But, in the end, it’s worth it!

Kelly Tea
      Lady

Eyes no doubt about it eyes, I just make a mess. Lips and foundation are not a problem .. sadly I just cannot get my eyes correct .. Kelly

Stephanie
      Baroness

Genetic woman here. Winged eyeliner forever and always, I am skilled in a vast variety of things feminine and masculine but winged eyeliner has me beat Every. Single. Time.

Janice
      Duchess

Like most of us, I’ve had the most trouble with false eyelashes. I use scotch tape for the cat eye look and a magnifying, lighted makeup mirror for everything else.

One tip I got from a makeup artist for cat eyes is to put it on from the outside – in.

Being a lady of a certain age, the wrinkles can play havoc with eyeliner pencil. Another makeup artist taught me to use a thin angled brush to put on eyeliner. Dampen the brush, dip it brown  or black eyeshadow and brush it in short strokes.

Easy-peasy!

Let me know if it works for you.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

All of them.

Janice
      Duchess

Hi Clarissa. There is someone online who offers different feminine programs for CD’s and Trans women.
      her name is Lucille Sorella. I purchased her “Makeup Magic Program” and am thrilled with the instructions. It covers daytime and evening makeup tutorials that are heavy on eye lessons. There is even a lesson on incognito makeup that looks like you’re not wearing any at all. There are also cheat sheets you can print off and use while practicing. She also offers courses on voice feminization, buying women’s clothing that fits and deportment, among others. Good luck on your journey my dear.
      Janice

Anonymous

Wouldn’t exactly say I struggle with any but I do have a minor hard time with quite advanced eyeshadow techniques.

Anonymous

All of it, I had makeover and it was made to look so easy, It’s just about practising which I find difficult due to limited dressing time…xxx

I usually keep my makeup to a minimum most of the time.  I totally suck at doing my eyes very well at all.  I have found a way to get smokin’ sexy eyes though.  I just call one of my nieces and they are more than happy to oblige me, and I always give them a little tip for doing such a good job.  It also gives us a little time together for some girl talk.

PaulaF

Anonymous

All of it. :>(

Anonymous

A foundation that hides my blue jowls tint no matter how close I shave. My eyes I’m decent at. Thankfully I have great eyelashes. My ex joking around put mascara on me once. She was so pissed. She didn’t know anything about my other side then and didn’t Accept her when she found out. I loved the look and would love to wear eyeliner and mascara 24/7 if I could

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?