- Wrap style.
- Regency/French gown (high waisted)
- Smock style.
- REALLY girly.
- Leather, satin, silk, latex, etc.
- Chiffon, or sheer.
- Other (tell us in the comments).
- November 20, 2021 at 9:14 pm #578255Candy CanParticipantRegistered On: October 19, 2018Topics: 42Replies: 145Has thanked: 354 timesBeen thanked: 834 times
Another Candi poll.
What shape/style of Dresses and Skirts work for you?
Is is something that helps you ‘pass’?
Is it something for just at home to relax in?
Is it with your SO in mind.
- This topic was modified 6 months ago by Gabriela Romani. Reason: Moved to polls section
- January 4, 2022 at 4:47 pm #603671Trish WhiteBaronessRegistered On: December 2, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 193Has thanked: 491 timesBeen thanked: 727 times
- January 4, 2022 at 4:38 pm #603670Danni AshLadyRegistered On: October 24, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 16Has thanked: 17 timesBeen thanked: 100 times
I like to wear dresses that come just below my bust ( wife sometimes kids me that mine are bigger than hers ) and loose fitting below. They feel good when I am just relaxing around the house and when we do go out with friends that know I dress it’s usually a knee length skirt and a casual top. I think that it’s something that looks good with my stockings and 3 inch heels.
- January 4, 2022 at 3:59 pm #603658
- January 4, 2022 at 1:15 pm #603607Rhonda LeeBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 77Has thanked: 95 timesBeen thanked: 448 times
My SO is my dress consultant… vetos most of what I choose… for good reason. I am basically a cube shape so if wearing a skirt choose size 12 as anything larger can lead to wardrobe malfunctions… hilarious experiences for others, but I’ve had my fill of those events. Dresses are safer and preferred. I have no waist, so A-line is best, or something with ruching below the bust. Most of my hems fall at the knees. My legs are my strongest asset, so I avoid maxis, and minis would just make me look like a misfit if I am trying to blend in. Shoes and handbag coordinate with the dress. I wear sling-backs, as they are more comfortable and accomodating, and my toenails are always polished so need to be seen. If the occasion calls for it, a petticoat is nice.
I have not been anywhere fancy recently so tomorrow plan to spend the day shopping for dresses and such after getting a manicure. I have a 5:30 dinner planned at the ritziest restaurant I could find, followed by a show nearby at 7:30 in a new Performing Arts Center which will attract a dressy crowd… maybe drinks afterwards. Everything is upscale so I want to dress to the 9s. These days it is tough to find venues where guests dress elegantly, so I planned tomorrow very carefully so as not to be over-dressed relative to what is expected, as is so often a problem for CDs. It will cost my kids their inheritance but I expect it to be worth every penny to me and my girl. Today is prep day… shedding my fur coat to give to a seamstress somewhere that can weave it into clothes for the poor. I’ve done some catalogue shopping… lean toward North Style, which has nice dresses that fit me well and are conservative; found an attractive wine-colored dress with elegant ruching but will have to ask my SO to trim 5″ off the hem as soon as it arrives.
I envy those who can wear bodycom. My bodycannot.
- January 3, 2022 at 2:23 pm #603335SharonLadyRegistered On: July 27, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 125Has thanked: 883 timesBeen thanked: 646 times
short t shirt dress, loose fitting, comfy and shows off the legs when worn with opaque tights (I am still struggling with ingrowing hairs from epilation), or can we worn with jeans or leggings when out of the house
- December 31, 2021 at 9:23 am #602282Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 39Replies: 1553Has thanked: 5095 timesBeen thanked: 7675 times
Lovely question – thankyou!
My ideal outfits have nothing to do with attempting to pass, and everything to do with looking “right”, and reflecting how I feel.
There’s no real logic, and maybe I just haven’t got a handle on my own psychological motivations, but if an outfit is wrong for the moment, I know instantly.
I am planning a short break in Portsmouth, so will pack a couple of swimsuits for the hotel spa – in order to wear the right one, but only one nightie, as I already know which one I want to sleep in next!
For daytime, I will want a selection of outfits:
1. Travelling. Since I will need to stop at a services, the travelling outfit will likely be a skirt/top combo, the skirt being at least calf length, with either white trainers or ankle boots.
2. Morning meanderings: I might keep the same outfit for shopping and coffee – it’s an easy one to slip into and out of in clothes shops – but equally, a nice stretchy zip-free knee length dress would be ideal. This is my first test of how welcoming the shops in Portsmouth are of folk like us, and I will be noting carefully the helpful vs unhelpful establishments.
3. Afternoon delight. It’s likely to be cold and blustery, so a decent raincoat and umbrella, and a change from the morning outfit, after check-in. I like my imagination to take me places – but not too far, so, for somewhere like Portsmouth, with its long and distinguished Naval history, something resembling a Naval officers’ uniform seems appropriate and fun – a white, knee length, smart skirt, stripy blouse and blazer – that sort of thing.
4. Maybe an evening outfit before the main event, if there’s time, what with bathing, make up, dinner, etc. but the main dress is always something covered in sequins.
So that’s one example!
To address the question directly, I gravitate towards pretty dresses, short are fun, and I love them, but the cooler weather makes them impractical considering the age I’m presenting, and the tendency of seaside destinations to be somewhat blowy.
So something sensible – but fun – and usually stretchy, as my shape seems to be fluctuating, and definitely knee length unless I’m going out, in which case, I know that I will be noticed because of my height and presentation, so I will give people something to notice!!!
- December 31, 2021 at 4:26 am #602233Barb WireDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: September 16, 2021Topics: 15Replies: 677Has thanked: 3920 timesBeen thanked: 3283 times
Hmm… I have no idea what some of the choices even mean, so I can’t vote until I do some homework. But, that’s why I love being here! Something new to learn everyday!
In the meantime, I like tighter fitting dresses with nylons and high heels; somewhat elegant, but a bit slutty too. I love my LBD and will get many more soon (good sales on now! I see LBDs with lace arms at Hudson’s Bay in Canada). Life is short and everyday it gets shorter, so WTH.
Hugs, Barb 🙂
- January 4, 2022 at 1:55 pm #603615Carmen CruzLadyRegistered On: September 12, 2021Topics: 27Replies: 286Has thanked: 433 timesBeen thanked: 1718 times
I’m responding to this Barb because of your very last sentence. I had to laugh a bit. There is a market I frequent as Carmen, and the guys behind the meat counter have the hots for me. Anyhow, just yesterday one commented how my skirts just get shorter and shorter as time goes on and they love it… my line… “Life is short and everyday it gets shorter, my skirts will as well”.
- January 4, 2022 at 3:47 pm #603653Barb WireDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: September 16, 2021Topics: 15Replies: 677Has thanked: 3920 timesBeen thanked: 3283 times
Work their DNA, Sister! Nothing like a good bum-wiggle to get those choice meat cuts.LOL!!
Incidentally, I have been working on my bum-wiggle. I really have! I lo0k completely ridiculous, but it feels so good and sexy!
- December 31, 2021 at 3:57 am #602221Charris StantonLadyRegistered On: July 27, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 10Has thanked: 61 timesBeen thanked: 121 times
- December 10, 2021 at 7:19 am #586786Jin CrockerLadyRegistered On: November 15, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 495Has thanked: 33 timesBeen thanked: 1578 times
I love to twirl!
I also love flower prints, low necklines, bright colors, soft fabrics. I tend to dress my mental age (16) rather than my chronological age (73). I dress more for the activity, like shorts and a tank to mow the lawn, and safe the elegant outfits for the theater. I wear girly things for my own, and my wife’s pleasure and do not much care that I no longer pass.
- December 8, 2021 at 1:19 pm #585907Quinetta HarrisLadyRegistered On: January 9, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 111Has thanked: 214 timesBeen thanked: 399 times
Another style of dresses that was not mentioned in the poll are bodycon style. I love love love these for so many reasons. Those who follow me on here know that am obsessed with them. For me they are a plus size gurl’s dream dress because it flows and matches with our curves plus they give so many different outfit options. So easy to put on and take off ;). I am starting to like tank dresses too for similar reasons as the bodycon. But these dresses also fit well for my average and skinny sized counterparts. And nowadays they are so inexpensive (like the price of a t-shirt) that you can go wild with the combinations.
- December 8, 2021 at 8:15 am #585768Abbie NormalDuchessRegistered On: June 13, 2021Topics: 13Replies: 679Has thanked: 1375 timesBeen thanked: 2806 times
- December 8, 2021 at 6:12 am #585718Melanie MayerLadyRegistered On: April 25, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 29Has thanked: 22 timesBeen thanked: 126 times
- November 23, 2021 at 8:24 pm #579666Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 23Replies: 1644Has thanked: 4875 timesBeen thanked: 5351 times
I voted for mini, as I love my mini skirts and short dresses. I have some midi ones, but really don’t like them, though I sometimes wear a maxi gown with a long slit up the side.
So many people have said my legs are nice, many GG’s have expressed jealousy that mine are so much nicer than their’s so I do like to show them off a bit.
- November 22, 2021 at 6:20 pm #579148Candy CanLadyRegistered On: October 19, 2018Topics: 42Replies: 145Has thanked: 354 timesBeen thanked: 834 times
Voted leather and latex and not on there but pvc. Latex feels like second skin and hugs all the curves. Looking forward once all done healing and able to get out agian to try on my tight leggings latex material.
Thanks Donna and glad you are feeling better. 🙂
- November 22, 2021 at 6:09 pm #579144AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- November 22, 2021 at 11:28 am #578957AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I try to dress classy rather than sexy… maybe it’s my age, or my body shape, as I can see a marked difference between the two, and I’m much more passable when dressing classy. I prefer blouses coupled with skirts, pencil, pleated or A line, just above the knee to just below the knee, and of course, always heels to accent legs. Skirts with slits and wrap arounds are part of my wardrobe as well.
- November 22, 2021 at 10:09 am #578928Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 755Has thanked: 50447 timesBeen thanked: 1827 times
Dresses: a faux wrap or side gathered style fits me the best and is my favorite (5 of 15 of my dresses are this style). Most of my dresses the length is just above, right at, or just below the knee. Although I have four that are mid-thigh.
Skirts: a pencil style is my best fit, although I’ve found more versatility with the many styles and lengths that skirts offer and they all look great on me. I started with midi length 25.5″ to 26.5″ for at or below the knee to 23″ to 20″ for above the knee. Since then I’ve expanded on both ends of the length scale; found longer skirts of 31 and 32″ and minis of 17″.
I consider my dresses and skirts “really girly”, but classy(not listed) at the same time.
- November 22, 2021 at 10:02 am #578923Alicen ThairmsLadyRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 50Replies: 411Has thanked: 1585 timesBeen thanked: 1275 times
- November 22, 2021 at 6:56 am #578821LeslieLadyRegistered On: April 8, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 33Has thanked: 43 timesBeen thanked: 116 times
- November 21, 2021 at 10:59 am #578496Amber ScottDuchessRegistered On: June 30, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 179Has thanked: 291 timesBeen thanked: 764 times
- November 21, 2021 at 8:08 am #578434
- November 21, 2021 at 3:57 am #578343AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I like to think that I have a decent figure once I’ve put the hip and bum pads into place and the forms, so I’d go for something with a straight skirt, nipped waist. Given my age, I end up looking like Elsie Tanner (Brit reference) but what the Heck…………
- November 21, 2021 at 3:32 am #578333Charlene VictoriaLadyRegistered On: November 29, 2016Topics: 27Replies: 239Has thanked: 1481 timesBeen thanked: 1412 times
I am not inherently / naturally the woman who desires to be read as sexy so bodcon, mini, cleavage displaying, etc are not part of my wardrobe.
Calf length, with a full skirt to help hide the reality of my “hiplessness” is my preference. By disciplined dieting I have been able to rid myself of the typical middle aged “male gut” so my figure is fairly symmetrical top to bottom. A bodice that accentuates my breasts without displaying them while the rest of the dress flows from just under my bustline is what I choose in order to create appropriate illusion for my body.
If I wear a skirt and top the same look is my plan. I love pleated skirts paired with a top that shows off my bust while coming down far enough to disguise my lack of waist. Fall – what a wonderful time if the year; perfect for sweaters and pleated wool skirts.
I am sorry that I haven’t been observant enough to have a name for my style so I choose “other.”
- November 21, 2021 at 3:31 am #578332Regine KellyLadyRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 44Replies: 1464Has thanked: 20371 timesBeen thanked: 6973 times
I love my skater skirts and bodycon dresses(my other).
I have been told I have nice legs, and love to show them off.
I also have several form fitting “housewife” dresses, that I wear doing my housework and cooking, and love them as well.
If I look like a girly girl, I’m happy
- November 21, 2021 at 2:22 am #578307Diane RakersLadyRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 955Has thanked: 1670 timesBeen thanked: 3374 times
I dress like I’m going to church, first of all. The key is to send a message. I do that by ALWAYS wearing heels, This girl also like her perfume. Chanel is my sister.
I love my gray hair. It’s mine. Thank you, Mom!
I NEVER wear pants.
I wear below the knee dresses, and no solid colors either.
I want to scream femininity.
Hugs and kisses,
- November 21, 2021 at 1:36 am #578301Lacy SatinLadyRegistered On: June 27, 2018Topics: 7Replies: 486Has thanked: 442 timesBeen thanked: 2232 times
I love dresses with full skirts, knee length or a little longer. I love twirling and feeling very girly.
My favorite dresses are my chiffon dresses. It is the most delicate of fabrics and knowing that my slip shows under it is exciting to me.
I also have a few dresses with tiered flounces that I love wearing.
The more girly I can feel when I’m dressed the more I enjoy it. I never got the chance to be that little girl I so desperately wanted to be and that desire has never left me, no mater how old I get.
- November 23, 2021 at 5:23 pm #579611DreamDuchessRegistered On: December 31, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 54Has thanked: 318 timesBeen thanked: 315 times
Lacy loved what you said. “The more girly I can feel when I’m dressed the more I enjoy it. I never got the chance to be that little girl I so desperately wanted to be and that desire has never left me, no mater how old I get.” I feel the same.
- November 22, 2021 at 10:15 am #578932Heather MeganLadyRegistered On: May 15, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 67Has thanked: 247 timesBeen thanked: 311 times
- November 23, 2021 at 12:16 am #579222
- November 20, 2021 at 11:22 pm #578276SylviaLadyRegistered On: October 10, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 674Has thanked: 16793 timesBeen thanked: 2814 times
- November 20, 2021 at 10:43 pm #578273LeonaraAmbassadorRegistered On: October 13, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 697Has thanked: 2776 timesBeen thanked: 1988 times
- November 20, 2021 at 10:34 pm #578270Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 788Has thanked: 17408 timesBeen thanked: 2838 times
- November 20, 2021 at 9:41 pm #578259
- November 20, 2021 at 9:30 pm #578258Jennie HeelsDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: May 16, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 21Has thanked: 191 timesBeen thanked: 97 times
- November 21, 2021 at 4:37 pm #578591Marlene RobertsLadyRegistered On: December 9, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 176Has thanked: 2626 timesBeen thanked: 439 times
Wow! Five replies in a row saying that they like to show off their legs; not really the question. I think us gurls seem to be more proud of our legs than GGs.
I like pleated skirts and full dresses, sun dresses when the temp allows, that come just to or just below my knees. Can’t get the hang of high heels so 1″ is my limit which is a pity if you want to show off your calves; nearly wrote calfs! Best, Marlene.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.