Viewing 36 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Another Candi poll.

What shape/style of Dresses and Skirts work for you?

Is is something that helps you ‘pass’?

Is it something for just at home to relax in?

Is it with your SO in mind.

Other?

Jennie Heels
      Duchess - Annual

I love a slit that shows off my legs !

Wow! Five replies in a row saying that they like to show off their legs; not really the question. I think us gurls seem to be more proud of our legs than GGs.

I like pleated skirts and full dresses, sun dresses when the temp allows, that come just to or just below my knees. Can’t get the hang of high heels so 1″ is my limit which is a pity if you want to show off your calves; nearly wrote calfs! Best, Marlene.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I think I have pretty legs and like to show them off.

Hugs, Liara

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

I just love mini skirts, and dresses! I like showing my legs, and the breeze is divine!

Lara

Leonara
      Ambassador

I love a short skirt to show of my legs, however in passing I prefer elegant and demurring lol

Leonara
        Ambassador

Thank you ladies for stopping by …really appreciate it

Sylvia
      Lady

I voted “other”.

I like ALL the styles . the more Feminine , the better !

And of course always showing of the legs…

Love Sylvia.

I love dresses with full skirts, knee length or a little longer. I love twirling and feeling very girly.

My favorite dresses are my chiffon dresses. It is the most delicate of fabrics and knowing that my slip shows under it is exciting to me.

I also have a few dresses with tiered flounces that I love wearing.

The more girly I can feel when I’m dressed the more I enjoy it. I never got the chance to be that little girl I so desperately wanted to be and that desire has never left me, no mater how old I get.

Lacy, love your comment. I so feel cheated out of my chance to be a little girl, and just love when I can wear something extra frilly and girly just to capture a small bit of that feeling 🥰

Heather, Nice to hear someone else feels the same way I do

Lacy loved what you said. “The more girly I can feel when I’m dressed the more I enjoy it. I never got the chance to be that little girl I so desperately wanted to be and that desire has never left me, no mater how old I get.” I feel the same.

I dress like I’m going to church, first of all. The key is to send a message. I do that by ALWAYS wearing heels, This girl also like her perfume. Chanel is my sister.

I love my gray hair. It’s mine. Thank you, Mom!

I NEVER wear pants.

I wear below the knee dresses, and no solid colors either.

I want to scream femininity.

Hugs and kisses,

Diane

I love my skater skirts and bodycon dresses(my other).
      I have been told I have nice legs, and love to show them off.
      I also have several form fitting “housewife” dresses, that I wear doing my housework and cooking, and love them as well.
      If I look like a girly girl, I’m happy
      Hugs, Regi👸💖

I am not inherently / naturally the woman who desires to be read as sexy so bodcon, mini, cleavage displaying, etc are not part of my wardrobe.

Calf length, with a full skirt to help hide the reality of my “hiplessness” is my preference. By disciplined dieting I have been able to rid myself of the typical middle aged “male gut” so my figure is fairly symmetrical top to bottom. A bodice that accentuates my breasts without displaying them while the rest of the dress flows from just under my bustline is what I choose in order to create appropriate illusion for my body.

If I wear a skirt and top the same look is my plan. I love pleated skirts paired with a top that shows off my bust while coming down far enough to disguise my lack of waist. Fall – what a wonderful time if the year; perfect for sweaters and pleated wool skirts.

I am sorry that I haven’t been observant enough to have a name for my style so I choose “other.”

Hugs,

Charlene

Anonymous

I like to think that I have a decent figure once I’ve put the hip and bum pads into place and the forms, so I’d go for something with a straight skirt, nipped waist. Given my age, I end up looking like Elsie Tanner (Brit reference) but what the Heck…………

Connie

xxx

I find pencil skirts look the best on me.

Pleated skirts make me feel so femme. Love the way they move when I walk. Flowing back and forth.

Be safe. Love and Peace.

Amber

Leslie
      Lady

I love to wear pencil skirts and bodycon dresses. Stylish cocktail dresses are also fun to wear.

I prefer a midi A-line, gives me a better lower body shape

Dresses: a faux wrap or side gathered style fits me the best and is my favorite (5 of 15 of my dresses are this style). Most of my dresses the length is just above, right at, or just below the knee. Although I have four that are mid-thigh.

Skirts: a pencil style is my best fit, although I’ve found more versatility with the many styles and lengths that skirts offer and they all look great on me. I started with midi length 25.5″ to 26.5″ for at or below the knee to 23″ to 20″ for above the knee. Since then I’ve expanded on both ends of the length scale; found longer skirts of 31 and 32″ and minis of 17″.

I consider my dresses and skirts “really girly”, but classy(not listed) at the same time.

Anonymous

I try to dress classy rather than sexy… maybe it’s my age, or my body shape, as I can see a marked difference between the two, and I’m much more passable when dressing classy. I prefer blouses coupled with skirts, pencil, pleated or A line, just above the knee to just below the knee, and of course, always heels to accent legs. Skirts with slits and wrap arounds are part of my wardrobe as well.

Hugs, Lisa

Anonymous

Voted leather and latex and not on there but pvc. Latex feels like second skin and hugs all the curves.  Looking forward once all done healing and able to get out agian to try on my tight leggings latex material.

Hugs

Donna

Anonymous

[postquote quote=579144]
      Thanks Donna and glad you are feeling better. 🙂

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I voted for mini, as I love my mini skirts and short dresses. I have some midi ones, but really don’t like them, though I sometimes wear a maxi gown with a long slit up the side.

So many people have said my legs are nice, many GG’s have expressed jealousy that mine are so much nicer than their’s so I do like to show them off a bit.

Amy

Friends used to tell me, my legs are worth showing, so it is mini or midi, could be denim or leather or something similar.

Anonymous

Anything with an “A” line helps create a figure but love wrap dresses too.

— Abbie 🥰

Another style of dresses that was not mentioned in the poll are bodycon style. I love love love these for so many reasons. Those who follow me on here know that am obsessed with them. For me they are a plus size gurl’s dream dress because it flows and matches with our curves plus they give so many different outfit options. So easy to put on and take off ;). I am starting to like tank dresses too for similar reasons as the bodycon. But these dresses also fit well for my average and skinny sized counterparts. And nowadays they are so inexpensive (like the price of a t-shirt) that you can go wild with the combinations.

I love to twirl!

I also love flower prints, low necklines, bright colors, soft fabrics. I tend to dress my mental age (16) rather than my chronological age (73). I dress more for the activity, like shorts and a tank to mow the lawn, and safe the elegant outfits for the theater. I wear girly things for my own, and my wife’s pleasure and do not much care that I no longer pass.

I love dresses that add “flare” nothing tight or shape revealing. I mostly prefer something that is about knee length or longer. If i can put a on a petticoat, even better.

Charris

Barb Wire
      Lady

Hmm… I have no idea what some of the choices even mean, so I can’t vote until I do some homework. But, that’s why I love being here! Something new to learn everyday!

In the meantime, I like tighter fitting dresses with nylons and high heels; somewhat elegant, but a bit slutty too. I love my LBD and will get many more soon (good sales on now! I see LBDs with lace arms at Hudson’s Bay in Canada). Life is short and everyday it gets shorter, so WTH.

Hugs, Barb 🙂

I’m responding to this Barb because of your very last sentence. I had to laugh a bit. There is a market I frequent as Carmen, and the guys behind the meat counter have the hots for me. Anyhow, just yesterday one commented how my skirts just get shorter and shorter as time goes on and they love it… my line… “Life is short and everyday it gets shorter, my skirts will as well”.

Barb Wire
          Lady

Work their DNA, Sister! Nothing like a good bum-wiggle to get those choice meat cuts.LOL!!

Incidentally, I have been working on my bum-wiggle. I really have! I lo0k completely ridiculous, but it feels so good and sexy!

Barb 🙂

Lovely question – thankyou!

My ideal outfits have nothing to do with attempting to pass, and everything to do with looking “right”, and reflecting how I feel.

There’s no real logic, and maybe I just haven’t got a handle on my own psychological motivations, but if an outfit is wrong for the moment, I know instantly.

I am planning a short break in Portsmouth, so will pack a couple of swimsuits for the hotel spa – in order to wear the right one, but only one nightie, as I already know which one I want to sleep in next!

For daytime, I will want a selection of outfits:

1. Travelling. Since I will need to stop at a services, the travelling outfit will likely be a skirt/top combo, the skirt being at least calf length, with either white trainers or ankle boots.

2. Morning meanderings: I might keep the same outfit for shopping and coffee – it’s an easy one to slip into and out of in clothes shops – but equally, a nice stretchy zip-free knee length dress would be ideal. This is my first test of how welcoming the shops in Portsmouth are of folk like us, and I will be noting carefully the helpful vs unhelpful establishments.

3. Afternoon delight. It’s likely to be cold and blustery, so a decent raincoat and umbrella, and a change from the morning outfit, after check-in. I like my imagination to take me places – but not too far, so, for somewhere like Portsmouth, with its long and distinguished Naval history, something resembling a Naval officers’ uniform seems appropriate and fun – a white, knee length, smart skirt, stripy blouse and blazer – that sort of thing.

4. Maybe an evening outfit before the main event, if there’s time, what with bathing, make up, dinner, etc. but the main dress is always something covered in sequins.

So that’s one example!

To address the question directly, I gravitate towards pretty dresses, short are fun, and I love them, but the cooler weather makes them impractical considering the age I’m presenting, and the tendency of seaside destinations to be somewhat blowy.

So something sensible – but fun – and usually stretchy, as my shape seems to be fluctuating, and definitely knee length unless I’m going out, in which case, I know that I will be noticed because of my height and presentation, so I will give people something to notice!!!

Love Laura

Siobhan
      Lady

short t shirt dress, loose fitting, comfy and shows off the legs when worn with opaque tights (I am still struggling with ingrowing hairs from epilation), or can we worn with jeans or leggings when out of the house

Rhonda Lee
      Baroness - Annual

My SO is my dress consultant… vetos most of what I choose… for good reason. I am basically a cube shape so if wearing a skirt choose size 12 as anything larger can lead to wardrobe malfunctions… hilarious experiences for others, but I’ve had my fill of those events. Dresses are safer and preferred. I have no waist, so A-line is best, or something with ruching below the bust. Most of my hems fall at the knees. My legs are my strongest asset, so I avoid maxis, and minis would just make me look like a misfit if I am trying to blend in.  Shoes and handbag coordinate with the dress. I wear sling-backs, as they are more comfortable and accomodating, and my toenails are always polished so need to be seen. If the occasion calls for it, a petticoat is nice.

I have not been anywhere fancy recently so tomorrow plan to spend the day shopping for dresses and such after getting a manicure. I have a 5:30 dinner planned at the ritziest restaurant I could find, followed by a show nearby at 7:30 in a new Performing Arts Center which will attract a dressy crowd… maybe drinks afterwards. Everything is upscale so I want to dress to the 9s. These days it is tough to find venues where guests dress elegantly, so I planned tomorrow very carefully so as not to be over-dressed relative to what is expected, as is so often a problem for CDs. It will cost my kids their inheritance but I expect it to be worth every penny to me and my girl. Today is prep day… shedding my fur coat to give to a seamstress somewhere that can weave it into clothes for the poor. I’ve done some catalogue shopping… lean toward North Style, which has nice dresses that fit me well and are conservative; found an attractive wine-colored dress with elegant ruching but will have to ask my SO to trim 5″ off the hem as soon as it arrives.

I envy those who can wear bodycom. My bodycannot.

first choice miniskirts, 2nd choice bodycon, 3rd choice LBD

Danni Ash
      Lady

I like to wear dresses that come just below my bust ( wife sometimes kids me that mine are bigger than hers ) and loose fitting below. They feel good when I am just relaxing around the house and when we do go out with friends that know I dress it’s usually a knee length skirt and a casual top. I think that it’s  something that looks good with my stockings and 3 inch heels.

Trish White
      Baroness

Most of my skirts and dresses are mini. I have nice feminine legs so I like showing them off. I also like slit skirts and gowns with high slits.

Mini Rock
      Lady

Length: short

Style: figure hugging

Pattern: flowers

Colour: pink or black

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Mini Rock.
      Thea
      Lady

For general hanging around I like pencil skirts or bodycon dresses (nothing slinky or too tight at my age!), or A line skirts with a bit of swish. I love having to deal with lots of material as I sit down!  I dream of really full skirts and 50 style dresses, but it is all really a dream!

Hugs, Thea

Hi Candy,  I picked other since I do best in a long sleeve black wiggle dress.  It’s both my blessing and my curse.   Marg

Knee length pencil skirts and dresses. I have most everything tailored so it contours but not tight.

Janet Woodham
      Duchess - Annual

Classic dresses for me and they need to be age appropriate. Within that general preference I like to be on the very girly side when I can do it without being over the top.

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?