Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Danielle MacGuffin
      Lady
      Registered On: May 21, 2021
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 119

What surprised me was how relaxed I was. Sure I was nervous. Granted there weren’t a lot of people around. But I walked across a park to a concession stand and bought a bottle of water as if I didn’t care what anybody thought about my wedges and skin tight leggings.

Also, surprised how much I enjoy wearing wedges and leggings.

Plus, after a photo shoot, I was surprised at how much I resemble my sister.

Xoxo, Dani

Sarah Kanter
      Lady
      Registered On: April 25, 2019
      Replies: 24

The first time I really went out, the thing that surprised me was how calm and relaxed and “right” it felt. I think all of us can relate to the feelings of nervousness or uncertainty and guilt, but I was amazed how all that melted away when I went out without the idea of hiding.

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Jamie Taal
      Lady
      Registered On: June 14, 2019
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 133

What surprised me was how I looked like a less attractive version of my sister. It kind of creeped me out a little so i am less inclined to look in a mirror when I dress fully. It is not that i look like her that is uneasy but how I do not look like how I see myself in my minds eye. I need to get over that.

Second, is how much calm comes over me. Not focusing on how/if I pass (see above) has allowed me to dress the way I like (very sophisticated) and work from home in complete calm. As the day goes on I completely forget how I am dressed and that what I am wearing is “different”. This reaffirms for me that dressing is completely a societal construct and not biological. Surprise

4 users thanked author for this post.
        Amy Myers
        Baroness
        Registered On: February 11, 2019
        Topics: 17
        Replies: 1452

Jamie, your comment about looking like your sister reminded me of something similar which happened to me.

I never had any sisters, but after my first professional makeover, and when she showed me the result, I was struck by how much I looked like my mother. Couldn’t believe it actually! Then a while back I was visiting a CD friend and she lent me a different wig and dress. The dress was in a style often favoured by my Mom, and the wig as well, and when I showed the picture to my wife, she was floored by how much I looked like my late Mom.

Amy

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Amy Myers
      Baroness
      Registered On: February 11, 2019
      Topics: 17
      Replies: 1452

Not quite the answer, but the surprise for me is, and it continues to be the exploration of all things feminine. Like shoes, of course, but also all of the endless accessories, the endless styles and colour combinations of clothes. Plus that elusive quality which makes one feminine, and not just a guy in a dress.

Amy

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Amy Myers.
      Bridgette VonSmirff
      Lady
      Registered On: October 18, 2020
      Topics: 36
      Replies: 1205

The first time I really got my makeup just right, completing it while my wife was out and her coming home to see me full out Bridgette and she said “You look beautiful, we have to go out. ” I almost cried right there. It was a wonderful day.

Bridgette

Angela Booth
      Lady
      Registered On: August 1, 2020
      Replies: 212

I had dressed in my sisters dresses from when I was very young. The first time I was fully dressed when I was about seven. I was dressed as a fairy for a school play. My mother made the dress and I was fully dressed with a dab of makeup. I was surprised at how much of a girl I looked and how everyone saw me as such. It was no surprise that I saw how I wanted to be.

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Bettylou Cox
      Duchess
      Registered On: May 26, 2019
      Topics: 21
      Replies: 2330

My first full en femme experience was also the time of my first makeover. The surprise? How natural and “right” it felt to be a girl.

Bettylou

Bambi Serendipity
      Lady
      Registered On: July 15, 2021
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 3

Even though I have been dressing off and on for decades, I only recently tried heels.  I never understood shoe fascination… until now! LOL  I’m totally hooked and it has genuinely surprised me in a good way. 🙂

Alicen Thairms
      Lady
      Registered On: July 15, 2019
      Topics: 40
      Replies: 351

What I found surprising was nothing.

Actually I was just plain delighted – there I am a woman – it’s the same feeling I get every time I crossdress and look in the mirror to check I have got my outfit etc right.

Jess Secret
      Lady
      Registered On: February 18, 2021
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 93

Great topic Saoirse! For me it was how gorgeous I looked the first time I got dolled up in beautiful/romantic lingerie in front of the mirror. I definitely turned myself on and I just couldn’t look away from that mirror and the woman who was looking back at me. I looked and felt like a woman about to come to bed on her wedding night. A very romantic and sensual feeling came over me that I can’t describe!

Brianna Rizzoli
      Duchess
      Registered On: November 10, 2020
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 41

The first time I got really serious about my cosmetics was only in the last few years. Even though I had been dressing since I as 11, I had not been serious about my make-up beyond some mascara and lipstick. There was always something about the lipstick that made me feel transformed.

By the time I started to really make an effort, I was on the other side of 50. I carefully made myself up and looked in the mirror… I was shocked, surprised and horrified…

I LOOKED JUST LIKE MY MOTHER!!!!!

I literally could have been her… at the age of 75!!!! I hated it!!!!! It almost made me start another grand purge.

Then I made a last ditch effort and bought my first mask.

That saved everything. It erased “me” and allowed Brianna to bubble, easily and unimpeded to the surface. So, what surprised me the most? The day I took my time, prepared carefully, made the transformation into a ritual, did my eyes up right, styled my favorite wig and put on my “face”.

I was shocked!!!! I was actually PRETTY!!!!!! I never knew I could achieve that.

Pretty… such a simple word and yet one with so much meaning for us gurls… especially those of us who are ladies of a “certain age”. I think being pretty allows me to have the experience of being in my 20’s. That is Bri’s age… She is about 22 or so. I am a pretty crusty old guy when I am “B”. When I am Brianna? She is so different. Being “pretty” (at least in my own eyes) has made all the difference.

Dani Diaz
        Lady
        Registered On: July 22, 2021
        Topics: 2
        Replies: 9

I can relate to your comment about looking like your mother! My very first time (only a few months ago!) with a cheapo Amazon wig and my first “real” attempt with makeup and lipstick I thought… “HOLY CRAP… I LOOK LIKE MY GRANDMOTHER!!!!” LMAO! Since then, I’ve gotten way better at my makeup and my newest wig definitely helps me look as I want. I actually am beginning to feel cute and pretty … and a LOT younger for some strange reason.

Brianna Rizzoli
          Duchess
          Registered On: November 10, 2020
          Topics: 6
          Replies: 41

I totally feel you on this, Dani. It was an unpleasant surprise to see my mother staring back at me. IO think that I was caught by surprise at how fast aging set in… and I was sooooo not happy.

Kate Dawn
      Lady
      Registered On: July 4, 2021
      Replies: 26

Eye shadow. The first time I saw myself in makeup, and the first time I was only wearing eye shadow and lip gloss, I was taken aback. Because it was still me, but it was me expressing my Kate side. And it felt really good.

Alice Black
      Duchess
      Registered On: January 18, 2020
      Replies: 198

I look like my older sister as well

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Celeste Starre
      Lady
      Registered On: June 26, 2018
      Topics: 41
      Replies: 1115

I guess I remember I liked it but I was only 12 and that was 60 years ago.

Sandy Craig
      Lady
      Registered On: March 18, 2018
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 286

With out a question, the day I had a full Professional Transformation.

A magical day that I will never forget, absolutely worth every dollar and more, a life changing moment.

On this day I learned the power of proper makeup, clothes and hair. No time to elaborate today but it opened a huge door for Sandy. Went from ugly duckling to someone with a goal and confidence.  From inside to out in public and an entire new world to explore.

Sandy

Patty Phose
      Duchess
      Registered On: May 7, 2016
      Replies: 1708

I was totally stunned and shocked that the sexy girl with the long gorgeous legs looking back at me in the mirror was actually me. It was something I dreamed and fantasized about for so long. Now it was coming true.

Regi Kelly
      Princess
      Registered On: October 9, 2020
      Topics: 37
      Replies: 1193

Mine, was twofold, How much I do look like a woman, and how much my wife loves and supports her girlfriend/sister.
      Oh, and I too look so very much like my younger sister.
      Hugs, Regi👸💕

Roberta Broussard
      Baroness
      Registered On: July 20, 2020
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 118

What surprised me was seeing a woman looking back at me in the mirror. Always felt it and wondered what i might have looked like. I just seemed like a dream, seeing the real me.

Clara Cross
      Lady
      Registered On: December 7, 2020
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 363

Biggest surprise? That my wife supported it and said, enjoy yourself.

C

Alexis Tresse
      Princess - Annual
      Registered On: March 27, 2020
      Replies: 105

My first time out completely en femme surprised me by how pleasant my venture made me feel, and by my confidence that I could do this again. I was surprised that a longer skirt felt authentic and therefore felt better than I think a short skirt would.

Robyn Drake
      Ambassador
      Registered On: March 19, 2019
      Topics: 52
      Replies: 471

What surprised me most…the power of makeup.

Abbie Normal
      Duchess
      Registered On: June 13, 2021
      Replies: 337

I already knew the joy of shaved legs and stockings but silicone boobs (as opposed to stuffing my bra with panties) and a wig were the ones where I went ‘oh, there she is’. Shoes are great though, they were the last thing I acquired and they were very much needed.

— Abbie 🥰

Krissy Richards
        Lady
        Registered On: June 4, 2021
        Replies: 152

Yes it was a great feeling taking my first proper steps in my first pair of high heels, at first i thought id never get to be able to walk properly in them but soon started strutting my booty in them and now its like ive always worn them! In fact im more woobly in flats 🤪

Natasha Taylor
      Lady
      Registered On: February 6, 2021
      Replies: 32

Looking in the mirror and seeing my mum

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account