- July 21, 2021 at 1:01 pm #520846Saoirse ShannonParticipantRegistered On: July 19, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 3Has thanked: 20 timesBeen thanked: 81 times
What surprised you the most when you first (if you have) went completely en femme?
Looking at what the service I was using had done before, I expected to look good. I knew I would love having big boobs, that I would love the feeling of a dress, that nylons on my legs would feel amazing – what I did not expect was how much I would like wearing heels!
Now I know why so many GG’s have so many shoes!
Total of 45 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- August 4, 2021 at 10:51 am #527255Michelle TrottDuchessRegistered On: April 7, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 511Has thanked: 1628 timesBeen thanked: 2264 times
I sure didn’t have a sense of calm. I was shaking like a leaf. It took 15 minutes to open the car door. It was something I had to do but I was terrified and excited. I realized right away how polite many men are. Also women who were dressed like me. Nicely dressed,makeup.jewelry etc. Were polite and friendly.The few compliments I received were from young women. I often see two of my sister’s in the mirror. Go figure
- August 4, 2021 at 9:52 am #527241Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 39Replies: 1545Has thanked: 5095 timesBeen thanked: 7593 times
The first time I went out en femme was odd – it was a fancy dress party, but no-one told me, and the girl whose party it was dressed me up in some of her clothes, as she was 6’1, and I’m 6’4.
She did my makeup, and we all went off to the pub for a few drinks – and that was quite the experience!
Obviously, I burned inside to dress up, and this was a fantasy come true, so it all felt magical and right, just as others have said.
I also experienced what I have experienced every time since – that, while en femme, I attract groups of curious women, who end up treating me as one of the girls.
It was a real sign of this is who I am meant to be – but, even as a student in the 1990s, it was hard to push myself to follow the fantasy, as I saw it.
Well, going out en femme 3 years ago changed all that.
No makeup, a dress, wig, tights and wellies with a Parka jacket – ordinary women’s clothing, and I had a full on epiphany.
Born this way, I am who I am and so on.
Lots of lovely surprises, just from following my dreams!
- August 4, 2021 at 9:40 am #527237Felicia MarsLadyRegistered On: May 2, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 51Has thanked: 376 timesBeen thanked: 226 times
Like so many have said…the ‘transformation’. The feeling is really unexplainable. As I wrote in my journal about the experience: “I looked in the mirror that day and literally saw someone completely different looking back at me. Felicia was truly staring at me and then the realization that it was me. Something shattered. It completely changed my perception of everything in that moment. I knew I could never not have Felicia in my life. It really is unexplainable. It so profoundly reshaped my inner landscape and continues to do so daily.”
All the layers it takes to get there. The undergarments, the clothes, the wig, the breast forms, the shoes, the jewelry, the nails, the eyelashes (OMG), the makeup, are part of the experience and each one as you continue to layer is such a lovely surprise. But seeing her….magic.
- August 4, 2021 at 7:28 am #527212Ashley KonnersLadyRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 40Replies: 571Has thanked: 2058 timesBeen thanked: 2729 times
While I’ve never had a makeover it it is certainly on my list of “ things to do”. I also loved the first time I slipped on a pair of heels. Had been wearing pantyhose for many years before I and loved that feeing but then to slip my hose covered foot into a nice classic black pump was amazing. The perfect finishing touch. Also the first time I did my makeup, wig and earrings I could believe how feminine I felt with everything coming together as a whole.
- August 2, 2021 at 1:32 pm #526573Mary PriscillaDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: May 23, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 116Has thanked: 205 timesBeen thanked: 481 times
Like many of the other responses, my “awakening” was that first look in a mirror following my initial makeover. For me, it was transformative in that it confirmed what I had known for so long but never gave myself permission to pursue; that is the woman within me. It was a magical experience.
- August 2, 2021 at 9:39 am #526155Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 28Replies: 1505Has thanked: 9724 timesBeen thanked: 7363 times
I’ve never had a professional makeup session but the first time I went out in public fully dressed I was amazed at how calm and happy I felt and was walking on cloud nine. I wanted to show Michelle off to the entire world. I felt like a completely new person.
- August 2, 2021 at 9:30 am #526153Jane MacLeodLadyRegistered On: March 4, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 48Has thanked: 64 timesBeen thanked: 315 times
When i had my first professional makeover after years of dressing and using make-up in private,always with the fear of being caught, It was a shock to realise how calm i was when getting the makeover with others present. Standing admiring myself with another person whilst fully dressed and made up was magical. The fact i managed it with ease wasn’t what I was expecting.
- August 1, 2021 at 3:59 am #525736HariettaLadyRegistered On: December 13, 2016Topics: 106Replies: 252Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 1393 times
- July 23, 2021 at 8:06 am #521635Danielle MacGuffinLadyRegistered On: May 21, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 180Has thanked: 421 timesBeen thanked: 725 times
What surprised me was how relaxed I was. Sure I was nervous. Granted there weren’t a lot of people around. But I walked across a park to a concession stand and bought a bottle of water as if I didn’t care what anybody thought about my wedges and skin tight leggings.
Also, surprised how much I enjoy wearing wedges and leggings.
Plus, after a photo shoot, I was surprised at how much I resemble my sister.
- July 23, 2021 at 7:33 am #521616Sarah KanterLadyRegistered On: April 25, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 152Has thanked: 300 timesBeen thanked: 773 times
The first time I really went out, the thing that surprised me was how calm and relaxed and “right” it felt. I think all of us can relate to the feelings of nervousness or uncertainty and guilt, but I was amazed how all that melted away when I went out without the idea of hiding.
- July 23, 2021 at 6:16 am #521590Jamie TaalLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 186Has thanked: 1140 timesBeen thanked: 1088 times
What surprised me was how I looked like a less attractive version of my sister. It kind of creeped me out a little so i am less inclined to look in a mirror when I dress fully. It is not that i look like her that is uneasy but how I do not look like how I see myself in my minds eye. I need to get over that.
Second, is how much calm comes over me. Not focusing on how/if I pass (see above) has allowed me to dress the way I like (very sophisticated) and work from home in complete calm. As the day goes on I completely forget how I am dressed and that what I am wearing is “different”. This reaffirms for me that dressing is completely a societal construct and not biological. Surprise
- July 23, 2021 at 7:14 pm #521853Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 23Replies: 1658Has thanked: 4947 timesBeen thanked: 5411 times
Jamie, your comment about looking like your sister reminded me of something similar which happened to me.
I never had any sisters, but after my first professional makeover, and when she showed me the result, I was struck by how much I looked like my mother. Couldn’t believe it actually! Then a while back I was visiting a CD friend and she lent me a different wig and dress. The dress was in a style often favoured by my Mom, and the wig as well, and when I showed the picture to my wife, she was floored by how much I looked like my late Mom.
- August 2, 2021 at 2:17 pm #526599AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Me too! After years of feeling like I looked like my father, a 40lb weight loss totally changed the shape of my face…thinner, more pointed features. I too think I look more like my mother as I’ve aged, especially dressed❤️ Damn, I miss my mom…she definitely would have helped me with my makeup!
- July 22, 2021 at 7:23 pm #521443BaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 23Replies: 1658Has thanked: 4947 timesBeen thanked: 5411 times
Not quite the answer, but the surprise for me is, and it continues to be the exploration of all things feminine. Like shoes, of course, but also all of the endless accessories, the endless styles and colour combinations of clothes. Plus that elusive quality which makes one feminine, and not just a guy in a dress.
- This reply was modified 1 year ago by Amy Myers.
- July 22, 2021 at 6:59 pm #521439Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 49Replies: 1375Has thanked: 19862 timesBeen thanked: 5677 times
The first time I really got my makeup just right, completing it while my wife was out and her coming home to see me full out Bridgette and she said “You look beautiful, we have to go out. ” I almost cried right there. It was a wonderful day.
- July 22, 2021 at 5:38 pm #521427Angela BoothLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 1150Has thanked: 4353 timesBeen thanked: 5141 times
I had dressed in my sisters dresses from when I was very young. The first time I was fully dressed when I was about seven. I was dressed as a fairy for a school play. My mother made the dress and I was fully dressed with a dab of makeup. I was surprised at how much of a girl I looked and how everyone saw me as such. It was no surprise that I saw how I wanted to be.
- July 22, 2021 at 1:37 pm #521365AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- July 22, 2021 at 12:15 pm #521340Bambi SerendipityLadyRegistered On: July 15, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 3Has thanked: 56 timesBeen thanked: 43 times
Even though I have been dressing off and on for decades, I only recently tried heels. I never understood shoe fascination… until now! LOL I’m totally hooked and it has genuinely surprised me in a good way. 🙂
- July 22, 2021 at 11:38 am #521332Alicen ThairmsLadyRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 53Replies: 448Has thanked: 1752 timesBeen thanked: 1406 times
What I found surprising was nothing.
Actually I was just plain delighted – there I am a woman – it’s the same feeling I get every time I crossdress and look in the mirror to check I have got my outfit etc right.
- July 22, 2021 at 11:01 am #521313Jess SecretLadyRegistered On: February 18, 2021Topics: 15Replies: 467Has thanked: 1184 timesBeen thanked: 1951 times
Great topic Saoirse! For me it was how gorgeous I looked the first time I got dolled up in beautiful/romantic lingerie in front of the mirror. I definitely turned myself on and I just couldn’t look away from that mirror and the woman who was looking back at me. I looked and felt like a woman about to come to bed on her wedding night. A very romantic and sensual feeling came over me that I can’t describe!
- July 22, 2021 at 6:54 am #521182Brianna RizzoliDuchessRegistered On: November 10, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 63Has thanked: 205 timesBeen thanked: 357 times
The first time I got really serious about my cosmetics was only in the last few years. Even though I had been dressing since I as 11, I had not been serious about my make-up beyond some mascara and lipstick. There was always something about the lipstick that made me feel transformed.
By the time I started to really make an effort, I was on the other side of 50. I carefully made myself up and looked in the mirror… I was shocked, surprised and horrified…
I LOOKED JUST LIKE MY MOTHER!!!!!
I literally could have been her… at the age of 75!!!! I hated it!!!!! It almost made me start another grand purge.
Then I made a last ditch effort and bought my first mask.
That saved everything. It erased “me” and allowed Brianna to bubble, easily and unimpeded to the surface. So, what surprised me the most? The day I took my time, prepared carefully, made the transformation into a ritual, did my eyes up right, styled my favorite wig and put on my “face”.
I was shocked!!!! I was actually PRETTY!!!!!! I never knew I could achieve that.
Pretty… such a simple word and yet one with so much meaning for us gurls… especially those of us who are ladies of a “certain age”. I think being pretty allows me to have the experience of being in my 20’s. That is Bri’s age… She is about 22 or so. I am a pretty crusty old guy when I am “B”. When I am Brianna? She is so different. Being “pretty” (at least in my own eyes) has made all the difference.
- July 23, 2021 at 7:22 am #521611Dani DiazLadyRegistered On: July 22, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 18Has thanked: 71 timesBeen thanked: 157 times
I can relate to your comment about looking like your mother! My very first time (only a few months ago!) with a cheapo Amazon wig and my first “real” attempt with makeup and lipstick I thought… “HOLY CRAP… I LOOK LIKE MY GRANDMOTHER!!!!” LMAO! Since then, I’ve gotten way better at my makeup and my newest wig definitely helps me look as I want. I actually am beginning to feel cute and pretty … and a LOT younger for some strange reason.
- July 22, 2021 at 6:39 am #521176AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Eye shadow. The first time I saw myself in makeup, and the first time I was only wearing eye shadow and lip gloss, I was taken aback. Because it was still me, but it was me expressing my Kate side. And it felt really good.
- July 22, 2021 at 5:24 am #521161Alice BlackDuchessRegistered On: January 18, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 245Has thanked: 447 timesBeen thanked: 714 times
- July 22, 2021 at 5:16 am #521159
- July 22, 2021 at 4:39 am #521150Sandy CraigLadyRegistered On: March 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 326Has thanked: 358 timesBeen thanked: 841 times
With out a question, the day I had a full Professional Transformation.
A magical day that I will never forget, absolutely worth every dollar and more, a life changing moment.
On this day I learned the power of proper makeup, clothes and hair. No time to elaborate today but it opened a huge door for Sandy. Went from ugly duckling to someone with a goal and confidence. From inside to out in public and an entire new world to explore.
- July 22, 2021 at 2:51 am #521124Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1855Has thanked: 1444 timesBeen thanked: 5567 times
I was totally stunned and shocked that the sexy girl with the long gorgeous legs looking back at me in the mirror was actually me. It was something I dreamed and fantasized about for so long. Now it was coming true.
- July 22, 2021 at 1:53 am #521109Regine KellyLadyRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 44Replies: 1451Has thanked: 20372 timesBeen thanked: 6877 times
Mine, was twofold, How much I do look like a woman, and how much my wife loves and supports her girlfriend/sister.
Oh, and I too look so very much like my younger sister.
- July 22, 2021 at 1:48 am #521107Roberta BroussardBaronessRegistered On: July 20, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 324Has thanked: 4628 timesBeen thanked: 1507 times
What surprised me was seeing a woman looking back at me in the mirror. Always felt it and wondered what i might have looked like. I just seemed like a dream, seeing the real me.
- July 21, 2021 at 1:37 pm #520868Clara CrossLadyRegistered On: December 7, 2020Topics: 16Replies: 560Has thanked: 1797 timesBeen thanked: 2601 times
- July 21, 2021 at 1:30 pm #520863Alexis TresseRegistered On: March 27, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 103Has thanked: 1400 timesBeen thanked: 373 times
My first time out completely en femme surprised me by how pleasant my venture made me feel, and by my confidence that I could do this again. I was surprised that a longer skirt felt authentic and therefore felt better than I think a short skirt would.
- July 21, 2021 at 1:30 pm #520862Robyn DrakeManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: March 19, 2019Topics: 55Replies: 753Has thanked: 1305 timesBeen thanked: 2321 times
- July 21, 2021 at 1:14 pm #520852Abbie NormalDuchessRegistered On: June 13, 2021Topics: 13Replies: 678Has thanked: 1382 timesBeen thanked: 2804 times
I already knew the joy of shaved legs and stockings but silicone boobs (as opposed to stuffing my bra with panties) and a wig were the ones where I went ‘oh, there she is’. Shoes are great though, they were the last thing I acquired and they were very much needed.
— Abbie 🥰
- July 22, 2021 at 11:14 am #521316KrissyLadyRegistered On: June 4, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 379Has thanked: 669 timesBeen thanked: 1409 times
Yes it was a great feeling taking my first proper steps in my first pair of high heels, at first i thought id never get to be able to walk properly in them but soon started strutting my booty in them and now its like ive always worn them! In fact im more woobly in flats 🤪
- July 21, 2021 at 1:11 pm #520849AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- July 21, 2021 at 9:22 pm #521046
- July 21, 2021 at 1:35 pm #520867Clara CrossLadyRegistered On: December 7, 2020Topics: 16Replies: 560Has thanked: 1797 timesBeen thanked: 2601 times
- July 21, 2021 at 1:17 pm #520855Abbie NormalDuchessRegistered On: June 13, 2021Topics: 13Replies: 678Has thanked: 1382 timesBeen thanked: 2804 times
I occasionally see my sister which is fitting since I borrowed a lot of her things as a teen. A couple of years ago my kids were playing with one of those gender swap apps on their phones and they did me, I was the spitting image of my sister. I laughed so hard and then sent her the pic.
— Abbie 🥰
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.