Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Recently I cleared out some clothes I was no longer wearing; items bought thinking ‘ooh that’ll be nice’ and ended up not being used very often or not at all.

My wardrobe is now what I would call a basic foundation wardrobe for the year round; enough to cover the time I get to dress and the things I like to do. I have in mind that I want to get a few more choice items and I can’t decide clearly what I want, with space to store clothes rather restricted I had to come up with some sort of short-list of things I really needed.

I went for a ‘concept board’ document – making notes (styles/colours) and using images of items culled from shopping websites.  It’s still very much a work in progress ; I started with undergarments – I mostly have what I need but I did identify that I needed a ribbon strap full slip.  I’ll be starting on dresses, skirts and tops next.  In a week or so I should have the makings of a shopping list 🙂

Looks like my ‘concept board’ will help me a lot; while looking for items I try and keep the following in mind 

• ‘When and where will I wear it ?’ 

•  if it is a top or skirt  ‘Will it work with other separates I already have ?’

When you are stuck for inspiration how do you select which new clothes and footwear to buy next ?

This year, I am being very selective in what I buy be it dresses, yoga pants, blouses, Women jeans etc. I have plenty of dresses and I think I need to weed out the ones that I just don’t wear and replace them with 1 or 2 quality dresses that I love.  Still looking for the elusive perfect red dress and a floral ruffle midi.  Shopping and looking but not buying until I get exactly what I want has been fun for me and my fiancée.   Also recently switched my panty drawer to Soma panties they are awesome just a bit expensive.  I also enjoy buying and trying out the name brand pantyhose like Wolfords and similar brands it’s been fun and enjoyable.

Enjoy filling out your closet and getting some beautiful outfits

Susan

Alicen:

Interesting process, but it would work best if one shops in department stores or their web sites. I don’t think it would work very well if you shop mostly in thrift stores due to the unpredictability of finding a desired item in the color you want and in your size.

I have a large wardrobe and probably about 80% of it came from thrift stores, online and in person. There are a few things that I may wear infrequently, but for the most part it is a matter being in the right place for a given outfit.

That said, I have nothing against a more structured approach. The thing is to remember is that it does have some shortcomings. Maximize the positives and minimize the negatives….

Hi Sam great topic as

Much as i have i would love to wear out of the house.

As many things it would go with it goes with all of mine ..

Really the price couldnt be that bad because

Cost  is such a big factor any time i buy my girly items..

Or maybe not as some things a girl just has to have

🤣🤣😘💋

Stephanie

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?