Viewing 16 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

For me be a child of the late 80s it was Peggy Bundy. I always loved the big hair and the style she had. Call me crazy but that’s a look I still try for. Would kill for a big hair wig to like the one she wore. The tights and the heels did it for me too. I didn’t know back then if i thought she was hot or if i wanted to be her.

On the other end of the spectrum i wanted to be samantha from bewitched. I thought she was so classy and funny. To be a housewife is always a fun fantasy.

Melissa Joan Hart in Clarissa Explains It All and Sabrina The Teenage Witch.In both shows I was envious of her being a girl,the fact that she was pretty,and the clothes and the tights / pantyhose.

Anonymous

Totally agree there had a crush on her big time. Loved Clarissa style

Hi Girls,
        <p style=”text-align: left;”>Loved Sabrina, particularly for Beth Broderick. Loved her look, her poise and her clothes. A part of me fancied her, but mostly I wanted to have her clothes, walk like her, be like her. To me she was elegant, feminine and sexy all at once. So glad we have YouTube!</p>
        <p style=”text-align: left;”>Hugs, Davinia</p>

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Funny, I have been thinking about this a lot recently. And its a mixture of characters, if we are just talking female characters then it would be a Sarah Jane Smith and Romana from Doctor Who. Mrs. Muir from the Ghost and Mrs. Muir, always thought she had a grace and beauty about her.  Totally agree on Samantha from Bewitched. I will also add Morticia Addams from the Addams Family,  Buffy Summers from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  I could go on. 🙂

Hugs,

Michelle

K Swim
      Lady

The ladies on Baywatch. I never watched it, but I remember images from a very young age as my parents were flipping through TV channels to find something to watch. Being that young, I still believed that girls had the “cooties” so I was only interested in seeing the one piece swimsuits that they were wearing.

Anonymous

I always adored Lindsay Wagner in The Bionic Woman , as well as Carolyn Jones as Morticia Addams ☺

Anonymous

For myself I would watch the price is right when I was about 12 years old I spent the whole summer I was alone so I dressed up as a girl and watched the price is right because the girls on that show we’re always wearing beautiful dresses and pantyhose and high heels and would walk and move like them I practiced everything during commercials I would sit down and cross my legs I really miss those days

Anonymous

Have to agree with you vanna white also someone I loved. Wish I could have turned those letters in those dresses

Ashley
      Lady

Yvonne Strahovski as Sarah Walker on Chuck. She’s a total badass, and I love her style.

Likewise, Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham on Fringe.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Daisy Duke was my role model and inspiration.

Anonymous

Oh yes those legs went for days. Always think of her when I wear cutoffs

Patty Phose
          Duchess

I wanted to wear what she wore and look like her as much as possible. From the shiny pantyhose, short shorts, sesy shoes  and hair to other looks I played with. It was always, would Daisy wear this?

Anonymous

I have to go with Mary Tyler Moore, she had great style. Okay it was the late 60’s to early 70’s stuff but she wore it well and it wasn’t just her fashion, she was a true pioneer for women in that time. Imagine a woman being an associate producer and being in charge over men at that time. The show illustrated that she took flack, usually Ted and how she straightened him out and put him in his place. She usually did it with reverse psychology so he’d walk away feeling like he made the decision, very smart woman.

Mary Tyler Moore was always my girl. Loved Dame Emma Peel too. Was so happy the day I joined the Sisterhood and became a Dame as well.

Dame Veronica

Anonymous

My 3 favorite tv characters:

Daisy Duke. Her character came out right around the age when I started shaving my legs and discovering that my legs looked just as good as hers. I even made my own pair of daisy duke shorts. I loved to emulate her.

Jennifer Marlowe -WKRP (Loni Anderson). I spent many nights dreaming and wishing I could become her. I wanted to be a beautiful blonde bombshell so much.

Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter). Lynda was drop dead gorgeous. Lynda has it all. Beautiful face, beautiful hair, and one amazing body. She was and still is so incredibly sexy.

Anonymous

I agree with Cynthia. Daisy Duke, Jennifer Marlowe, Lynda Carter. These are the 3 woman I used to try and emulate. As soon as I would get home from school I would head straight to my sisters closet to try on dresses and makeup to look like Jennifer Marlowe. I used to love watching WKRP just to see what Jennifer was wearing.

Anonymous

Yeah I loved when Loni Anderson wore those tight sweaters. I may have to get me some this winter.

Anonymous

Hi girls I’m a bit older than you x my role models were Doris Day who was a real stunner with a beautiful smile and Barbara Stanwick who portrayed such powerful women on the screen, i know I’m a sad person but that’s who I like and could watch their films all day long x

Anonymous

Rozalyne,
        Not sure if “role model” is the best term, because I couldn’t imagine trying to imitate them;and they pre-dated most TV. Doris Day and Debbie Reynolds, both of whom recently passed.
        Both were classy ladies, and Doris was also an animal rescuer, which is dear to my heart.

Bettylou

Aoife
      Lady

I can’t think of too many who have influenced me but I remember in the rare case of really liking a girl on as a boy I would be really disappointed when they wore something I didn’t like. Clarissa and Alex Mack come to mind. I remember getting extra excited when the latter would wear a skirt. Probably one of the first stirrings, but I don’t think most boys thought of why as much as me.

i so agree – being a housewife would have been my ideal too! alas, it was not meant to be.

television gals who come to mind include:

vanessa marcil – 90210, maybe other stuff.  she was so petite, and feminine, and gorgeous.  looking at her would stir a feeling of “yes, i’d like to B E her, i think!”

the original star trek had many random guest stars – so many gorgeous, sexy women with great costumes! yea, i would have rocked space travel in one of those starfleet mini skirts and boots!

jaclyn smith of charlies’s angels.  was my crush on her, or did i want copy her!? her look, her style, her beauty.  yeah, she definitely inspired me to become a hot, sexy girl 🙂

Anonymous

I agree. In my younger days I could have rocked one of those female star fleet uniforms. I always wanted to be Nurse Chapel or Yeoman Rand.

Anonymous

I also would have to agree, Daisy Duke with those short shorts, tight tops, pantyhose and heels, jeez I wanted to be just like her when I was a teenager. It’s strange because I didn’t lust for her like my friends did, I wanted her outfits and her body. Lol

Nowdays I like Stephanie Abrahams on the weather channel. Long blonde hair, great outfits, heels, …quirky and fun.

Anonymous

I have role models, but my main influences, I would say are;

1. Monty Python.

The guys dressed up as ordinary ladies in many episodes of “Monty Python’ s Flying Circus”, including one sketch I loved, in which they were all dressed as ladies and had a playfight in a very muddy field!

There’s the obvious Lumberjack song, in which references were made to putting on women’s clothing and hanging around in bars… ooops! I resemble that remark!

There were also scenes where, for example, a uniformed police officer would turn and walk away from the camera to reveal stockings and suspenders on his lower half where his trousers were cut away at the back.

All summarising that cross dressing was a known thing even in the 1960s, and I think the Python boys wanted the world to laugh with us, rather than at us.

The Lumberjack song famously reveals society’s silly attitude, where the girlfriend breaks down in tears, and the other lumberjacks stop singing and slope off, leaving the central lumberjack alone.

The Two Ronnies were next. They turned out a variety of performances dressed in many great outfits for the time. Not all drag queen – sometimes just as cleaning ladies.

The best part of their shows for influencing me was a mini series called “The Worm That Turned”, in which men were forced to live as ladies, in a militant future in which women seized control.

More recently, I have been floored by the series Gentleman Jack, and cannot wait for series 2.

Finally, a real historical figure, representing gender and sexual fluidity, who was in control of her life and documented it.

Seriously mind blowing!

Love Laura

IsabelB
        Lady

Laura, we clearly have the same taste!

Monty Python, The Two Ronnies were great shows.  Gentleman Jack is brilliantly made and acted and might just help to further some people’s understanding of gender fluidity.

I think a real inspiration is Eddie Izzard –  many quotes from him hit home so very well…
        ‘women wear what they want and so do I’
        ‘It’s about me just expressing myself’

He dresses as a man, as a man with makeup and heels and as a woman or any mix thereof – basically he dresses how he feels at the time.  What’s not to like?!

The fact that I find him hilariously funny too just helps!

A great subject this…

Isabel

Another great line from Eddie Izzard who was asked why he wore women’s clothes and replied

”they are not women’s clothes, they are my clothes”🤣👍

I have always been drawn to glamorous characters, as my profile pic shows.  Linda Evans was so classy and sexy.  I also loved the glamorous women on Days of Our Lives, The Young and the Restless, Guiding Light. The gowns, the furs, the jewelry, I was enthralled and secretly wanted to be those women.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?