- July 11, 2019 at 2:49 pm #197028
Gabrielle WilsonParticipantRegistered On: May 14, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 16Has thanked: 27 timesBeen thanked: 52 times
For me be a child of the late 80s it was Peggy Bundy. I always loved the big hair and the style she had. Call me crazy but that’s a look I still try for. Would kill for a big hair wig to like the one she wore. The tights and the heels did it for me too. I didn’t know back then if i thought she was hot or if i wanted to be her.
On the other end of the spectrum i wanted to be samantha from bewitched. I thought she was so classy and funny. To be a housewife is always a fun fantasy.
- July 12, 2019 at 12:45 pm #197360Dame Veronica GraunwolfParticipantRegistered On: May 8, 2017Topics: 51Replies: 1941Has thanked: 1638 timesBeen thanked: 1595 times
- July 12, 2019 at 8:21 am #197287Heather JamesonParticipantRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 46Has thanked: 49 timesBeen thanked: 88 times
I have to go with Mary Tyler Moore, she had great style. Okay it was the late 60’s to early 70’s stuff but she wore it well and it wasn’t just her fashion, she was a true pioneer for women in that time. Imagine a woman being an associate producer and being in charge over men at that time. The show illustrated that she took flack, usually Ted and how she straightened him out and put him in his place. She usually did it with reverse psychology so he’d walk away feeling like he made the decision, very smart woman.
- July 12, 2019 at 6:11 am #197249Patty PhoseParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 498Has thanked: 163 timesBeen thanked: 424 times
Daisy Duke was my role model and inspiration.
- July 12, 2019 at 6:14 am #197251Gabrielle WilsonParticipantRegistered On: May 14, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 16Has thanked: 27 timesBeen thanked: 52 times
Oh yes those legs went for days. Always think of her when I wear cutoffs
- July 12, 2019 at 6:08 am #197243AshleyParticipantRegistered On: May 25, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 23Has thanked: 37 timesBeen thanked: 48 times
Yvonne Strahovski as Sarah Walker on Chuck. She’s a total badass, and I love her style.
Likewise, Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham on Fringe.
- July 12, 2019 at 2:36 am #197189Jasmine JeffriesParticipantRegistered On: December 28, 2018Topics: 22Replies: 228Has thanked: 612 timesBeen thanked: 346 times
For myself I would watch the price is right when I was about 12 years old I spent the whole summer I was alone so I dressed up as a girl and watched the price is right because the girls on that show we’re always wearing beautiful dresses and pantyhose and high heels and would walk and move like them I practiced everything during commercials I would sit down and cross my legs I really miss those days
- July 12, 2019 at 6:08 am #197244
- July 11, 2019 at 10:55 pm #197157
- July 11, 2019 at 6:13 pm #197106K SwimParticipantRegistered On: July 8, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 132Has thanked: 66 timesBeen thanked: 98 times
The ladies on Baywatch. I never watched it, but I remember images from a very young age as my parents were flipping through TV channels to find something to watch. Being that young, I still believed that girls had the “cooties” so I was only interested in seeing the one piece swimsuits that they were wearing.
- July 11, 2019 at 6:00 pm #197102Michelle LiefdeAmbassadorRegistered On: May 27, 2018Topics: 40Replies: 907Has thanked: 1023 timesBeen thanked: 755 times
Funny, I have been thinking about this a lot recently. And its a mixture of characters, if we are just talking female characters then it would be a Sarah Jane Smith and Romana from Doctor Who. Mrs. Muir from the Ghost and Mrs. Muir, always thought she had a grace and beauty about her. Totally agree on Samantha from Bewitched. I will also add Morticia Addams from the Addams Family, Buffy Summers from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I could go on. 🙂
- July 11, 2019 at 3:22 pm #197038Roberta ThomasParticipantRegistered On: September 15, 2018Topics: 46Replies: 341Has thanked: 549 timesBeen thanked: 464 times
- July 12, 2019 at 3:45 am #197195Davinia HartParticipantRegistered On: June 14, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 77Has thanked: 187 timesBeen thanked: 83 times
<p style=”text-align: left;”>Loved Sabrina, particularly for Beth Broderick. Loved her look, her poise and her clothes. A part of me fancied her, but mostly I wanted to have her clothes, walk like her, be like her. To me she was elegant, feminine and sexy all at once. So glad we have YouTube!</p>
<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hugs, Davinia</p>
- July 11, 2019 at 5:31 pm #197094
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.