Viewing 22 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Girls, a simple poll for you all this week. I am quite sure most of us paint our nails! am i right? but what type do you use? and also how may products do you use, i.e. primer, base coat, top coat etc….

Lets see!!!, stay beautiful, girls!!

Love and kisses, Fiona xxxxx

Anonymous

I have a nail routine of late.    I smooth the ridges down on my nails.  If the color I am using is darker I apply a base coat first to prevent bleeding/leaching into the nails    If it’s a lighter color like I typically wear in the summer I put it directly on the nail.   One or two coats depending on coverage.  I then put a clear top coat on, particularly if the polish is supposed to last for days. I have developed a fondness for OPI nail polish.

Hi Fiona Nails are so important when you are trying to make a statement about your self. They are not overlooked by anyone especially woman. You can tell so much about a woman just by looking at her nails. They express emotion . The amount of information you need just to do a simple thing color your nails is unbelievable.. I am amazed that woman find the time to care for there appearance and all that is involved. Hair, nails. makeup.  skin care. hygene. removing body hair.that does not even touch clothing.  After all that begin a day filled with children. work, maintaining friendships. dealing with s.o and there needs. No wonder they multitask so well they have to. No one would just would wake up one day and say they wanted to be a woman if they truly did not feel that way. There is too much to learn. I get tired just thinking about it. It would of been so much easier just to be given the right body at birth and learned it as we grew. Now we have to unlearn and learn. Sorry for rambling on .I love your post.I think i will just have my nails done by someone else. Lol luv Stephanie

Wouldn’t it have been wonderful to have been born the way you feel inside. It is a joy I do have of painting my toes , my hands are very seldom painted as I am under almost constant scrutiny in my job. My toes on the other hand are seldom un painted and I would very much love to go have a many pedi but have not had the wear with all to go and have it done yet ……someday thou .

What type of nail polish do I use?

I love matching outfits,dress, shoes & handbags, matching nails and lips even matching watch straps!

I know it sounds fussy but part of the fun is buying a dress then hunting around for all the bits that make me complete.

Thanx for listening………Sally xxx

Hi Sally i too love shopping i love searching for that one piece that would help the oufit in mind . I do all the family weekly grocery shopping I love just poppinging into two stores They are discount stores. They carry designer labels . They may have handbags one week and dresses the nect week you have to catch it at the right time. I just made friend of one of the woman they see me weekly now. They tell if anything good has come in. It a challenge sometimes very frustrating at times. .You have to watch it some of prettiest dresses come in for give away prices. I would love to start a business just shopping for other crossdresers. Happy shopping luv Stephanie

JackieBoy
      Baroness

I use press on nails and sometimes polish the clear ones in either a pale blue or black. I also buy the French Fingernails and toenail, but I always put on glue to keep them attached, They have these crimson dagger nails at Target they I wear frequently. It is the saddest part of my day when I have to remove the nails. Sometimes when I travel I put on toe nails first thing and it brings a smile to my face when I get up and see they are still there

How long do they last Jackie or do they keep falling off?  Do they come large enough for wider nails?

When I paint mine I paint a lady like strip down the centre of the nail which is good to take photos but not so good close up.

Sally x

JackieBoy
          Baroness

As far as how long do they last I don’t know what you mean.  I have to take them off as soon as I am done shopping, but I guess at the hotel I have worn them for 3 straight days.

The only problem with them is that you only get two that really cover a male thumb nail and then you have 28 others that range in size to cover any woman’s hands many of which are tiny and useless.

Sometimes I can reuse them, but never more than twice as the glue left on the nail makes it hard for them to be glued on again

I’ve painted them, but have recently fallen in love with peel and stick press instead!

I perfect poll at the perfect time. I just started my search for which set of nails will be the best for me, glue on, stick on, long, short. I am looking forward to reading the advice posted with this poll. Thanks

Anonymous

I am lucky and have my nails done every 2 weeks with gel and I have a wonderful Vietnamese girl who does them, she also paints some type of design on my ring finger nails. I live in a very accepting city in N.C. and have a following that always are asking what I’ve got this week, there was 1 girl at my bank always gushing over my nails. I have gotten past most of the guilt I used to have and really enjoy dressing, all I need now is to find someone who will give me a make over, my face needs help.

L’Oreal Nails

Dame Veronica

Anonymous

For basic I use  Sinful Colours with base & top coat. Pinks , mauves , reds

If we’ve time my wife uses lamp curing process on me 💅

Because of the nature of my work, my I just can’t grow them or even keep them tidy looking! I do treat them with cuticle oil, but that’s about all. When I’m going to I wear glue on nails, I buy them on line in packs of 500 or so (contains all nail sizes) in a white opaque finish, I then paint them in the colour of choice. Buying the nail this way means I have a lot of unused nails (all the smaller sizes) but they are cheap, a pack of 500 cost about the same as one set of nails from   a high street store. I glue them on, put a line of glue along the centre of the nail, keeping away from the cuticle. That seems to work reasonably well, although I do get the odd nail coming off during the evening. If you use more glue, they will stay on better, but you will struggle to get them off!

Painting my nails had nothing to do with dressing at first.

I started out with clear polish to protect my nails from splitting before I ever thought about dressing. Doing mechanical type work was rough on my nails and polish helped to protect them. After a few years I started to put color on them and I liked the way they looked and felt. ( still I had never thought about dressing then)

I think all men should feel free do their nails anyway they want weather they dress or not but most are too afraid of others think .

I started to try to grow them long but with the work I do, they would break a lot so I started to glue on clear nails then paint them as I liked.  This made the stronger and would not break near as much.

I learned I liked the way they looked and felt. I wear them long and painted now 24/7. I do them myself and it only takes a few min a week to keep them good.

Now that I found that I have a hiding girl in me (I had no idea she was there), having my nails painted works even better for me.

I’ve wore them with confidence almost from the start. I do notice that women seem to love them and often say so. Some men look intimidated if they get caught looking at them. That’s their problem. I can’t help but think if they had more balls some might paint their nails too. LOL

i always have nail varnish light rose pink or clear which is more viable.I put on lipstick but it disappears very quickly even when i dont eat drink and keep my lips slightly apart    Nail varnish makes me feel good

When im out in the evening if im meeting someone i use a stronger color to stand out

About 6 months ago, my wife and I joined a day spa that gave us a choice of services monthly: massages, facials and mani-pedis. For the first couple of months, I stuck to the massages because, well most of you can relate! Then, I decided to try a mani-pedi at my wife’s suggestion. It was *glorious*! So, the first time I went, I asked the tech to use clear polish on fingers and toes. It was sooo exciting and my wife (who doesn’t know about Lorrie) liked what she saw. I told her I’d like to try a bit of color and she said as long as it wasn’t red or pink or any other bright color, she was okay with it. So, the last time I went (about 2 weeks ago), I asked my tech for something neutral and not terribly obvious. She recommended O.P.I’s “Put it in neutral” and put it on with a base coat, color and top coat. Fabulous! Now I wear it on fingers and toes all the time. At first, I was a bit aware of my look, but I’ve reached a point at my age, WTF! So, I proudly wear my polish.

I use what I call the conventional air dry lacquer type most.

Toes I keep simple and use 1 or 2 coats of color only. No clear and I don’t worry about having them perfect. If someone is that close to my toes either I have a big problem or they do.

I use glue on nails but with adhesive tabs exclusively for my fingers. Same type of polish as toes though always 2 coats plus clear over (1 or 2 coats). I have been upping my fingernails in the last 3 or 4 years because I feel having nice nails is critical and feel incomplete without. I have had a salon paint some to match our football team and now I have been using stencils and even special decals for special days. It has been a lot of fun creating these and I receive many compliments on the nails.

Sandy

My finger nails chip and split constantly. I started using Sally Hansen clear nail strengthener on the tips, but my wife noticed the shine and complained. I’ve had my finger nails fully done twice in 2019. The first time a special private friend did them for me. I went to a salon for the second time. In-between; I tried twice to paint my finger nails myself, the results were not good. I also use white polish to french tip my toe nails.

I just love doing my nails Fiona Ann. Usually I just use regular polish. I have approximately 20 different colors and shades . Reds are my go to favorites. When my wife does them for me she goes all out with base and top coats and led curing. I find it extremely tough to remove though.

Hi Fiona

Simple nail polish for me…so far.

Stick on false sets seem to be gaining popularity, and look perfect. Although it seems to me  if you stick them well enough to stay in place while doing a multitude of things with your hands, they must be a nightmare to remove!

Anybody with any experience of  false stick on nails ?

love

B

Molly
        Duchess

Bianca;

I’ve been using these .. I paint my toenails and then use the stick-on nails for the fingers.   I’ve taken to getting blanks and painting them with the same polish so they match;

I do it because it’s quicker to get on and off and when I’m not able to remain dressed for an extended period, they allow me to feel more feminine..

Now here’s what I think is the secret… Most of them come with glue… No thanks!… I looked on Amazon and got a pack of double sided stickers with good reviews…. I have found that it does take a little pressure to set and you have to make sure you don’t get them wet for the first 30 minutes or so, and removal is pretty easy, it’s all about the angle and extended pressure you use and it’s not difficult to work out.   Downside is that you can accidentally dislodge them sometimes when you first put them on.

Hope this helps.

-Molly

Thanks Molly, will have to try that, this crossdressing is a never ending journey of discovery, and so much fun.

I might have known Amazon had the answer! Is there anything you can’t get on Amazon 🤣

love

B

Bianca: Is there anything you can’t get on Amazon?

Yes, but it involves being naked and prone…

Basic nail polish, top coat and hardener or sometimes the hardener without the top coat. I went from Sally Hanson to Essie and have not gone back. While I liked some of the Sally Hanson colors, Essie products seem to be easier to apply and last just as long. Also tries Sally Hanson Miracle Gel (non-UV gel), but didn’t like it. Wearing Essie Yes I Canyon right now.

I use Nails.Inc simple nail polish and sometimes stick on nails which aren’t as hard to get of as one may first think. Just use the remover solvent – no worries.

I have been considering buying a UV machine and trying jel but the outlet sold out of the UV thing so delayed things a little. Will perhaps see if I can get one as a Christmas present to my femme self :).

Take care girls.
      Anne-Marie.

Anonymous

I wish I could paint my nails.  I’m in a situation where I’m not free to do that.  I’m stuck with using fake nails.  They look nice, but I hate having to deal with them falling off occasionally.

At home I use what ever is there with three girls in the house there always is a lot of colour

Hi Fiona,

Another fabulous question.  I use quick drying nail polish usually in a red or pink shade.

Alice

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?