- I have never bought anything for myself in person (yet)
- Hosiery (stockings/pantyhose)
- Other clothing
- Other jewelry
- Perfume/nail polish
- Other makeup
- Hair accessories (bows,hair bands, etc)
- Other accessories
- You missed this! (In reply)
- May 18, 2021 at 11:49 am #493495Gabriela RomaniFounderRegistered On: January 11, 2021Topics: 123Replies: 188Has thanked: 163 timesBeen thanked: 931 times
So, what was the first item of women’s clothing or jewelry or accessories or makeup, shoes, etc. you bought for yourself in person?
And if you’d like to share how old you were at the time, that will be nice too! 🙂
Total of 29 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- May 30, 2021 at 3:25 pm #498885Gemma McDadeLadyRegistered On: August 23, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 5Has thanked: 10 timesBeen thanked: 22 times
In person, the first thing I bought I person was a cotton laced trimmed vest from that staple of UK women’s clothing stores, Marks & Spencer. Everything else has been ‘click & collect – ordered online and collected in store. Seems to be the perfect way to get whatever you want without it being delivered to your home address.
- May 30, 2021 at 3:12 pm #498877Pumped ForheelsLadyRegistered On: November 22, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 83Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 292 times
I bought a dress. It was a stretchy “scuba” fabric, sleeveless, fit and flare style. I wish I still had it but it went away in a purge. The next thing I bought was a bra because I didn’t fill out the dress, plus pantyhose, and then the rest is history. Now I have a small closet full!
- May 30, 2021 at 2:42 pm #498872Alana BedfordLadyRegistered On: May 29, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 3Has thanked: 13 timesBeen thanked: 15 times
The first items i bought was lovely pale blue bra, panties and suspender belt , i wrote the sizes out on paper and pretended i was buying them for my girlfriend, this was 51 years ago when i was 20
- May 30, 2021 at 10:24 am #498796
- May 30, 2021 at 5:51 am #498701Kimber CallenLadyRegistered On: May 28, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 17Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 185 times
A sleeveless black dress and I was 39 at the time.A friend of mine spotted it for me and she said it would I would look good in it.She was right,tried it on and loved it.
- May 29, 2021 at 12:30 am #497843Lucia BrownDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 17Has thanked: 76 timesBeen thanked: 69 times
I was eighteen when I went to a department store and bought Leggs pantyhose, short nighties, sexy chemises and long nightgowns Soon after I started buying panties and bras, garter belts and stockings and makeup By twenty two I was buying all kinds of lingerie, skirts and button up blouses Didn’t get my first pair of heels until I was twenty four By thirty I was driving from Georgia to Pennsylvania and west as far as Nashville out of Charlotte in my job Since boone knew me I started shopping for everything I got lots of dirty looks but I ignored those people By forty I had spent about $30,000 on women’s clothing Mostly lingerie and hosiery and makeup
- May 26, 2021 at 2:31 pm #496742Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 16Replies: 1187Has thanked: 3828 timesBeen thanked: 5721 times
On one trip to Brighton, I neglected to pack any knickers except for the ones I was wearing.
So I dashed into T. K. Maxx, fully femme, as usual, grabbed a mulipack, and went to pay for them.
The cashier had this look on her face like she’d smelt something bad – and it definitely wasn’t me, as I was freshly bathed, lightly de-odourised, and delicately sprinkled with some of my wife’s nicest perfume (Shhh!!!).
It was like she was saying “I can tell you’re a man, you know, and I am disgusted.”
The tone of her voice convinced me – after all, she could simply have been born with an expression that looked like she’d just bitten into a lemon laced with cat food, but the voice hid nothing, even with the simple phrase “£4.99, please.”
The cadence was imperfect, the same sonic shape as the phrase “You disgust me.”
I mean, she didn’t even know me, or talk about the weather!
It’s just not British.
So I rolled my eyes cheekily, to say “I am what I am, love, and I really don’t need your attitude, and neither does anyone else, but I feel sorry you’re so narrow minded and can’t just let a chap buy underwear without glaring at him.”
It was a very expressive roll-eyes.
I have my best Marilyn Munroe pout, which, to be fair, was more like a Dame Edna Everage pout, and said, hoarsely, and maybe a smidgen mock-seductively, “Thank you, darling – have a lovely day!”.
At least I now had spare knickers for the weekend, lol!
- May 26, 2021 at 1:09 pm #496715
- May 26, 2021 at 10:44 am #496683
- May 26, 2021 at 8:39 am #496645Cissy SmithLadyRegistered On: May 25, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 15Has thanked: 101 timesBeen thanked: 34 times
The first item(s) i bought were about 3 or 4 pairs of satin bikini panties and 2 bras. I don’t even remember the store name but it was in San Antonio when i was about 19 or 20. I was afraid as could be and not sure what anyone would say. Would they question me about these and dig in really deep as to who they are for and why on earth am I buying panties and bras? Am I married? Would they laugh at me? What on earth are you doing in the lingerie department???? And, as someone said, it felt that all eyes were on me and people were whispering no telling what about me being in the lingerie department.
Well, I headed up to the checkout stand and waited in a short line. A young sales girl was the one who checked me out….rang up the items and took the money. I don’t think she really cared. She did give me what I thought was a second glance or double take. Of course, I said they were for my girlfriend. And, when you’re new at buying these sort of items you expect them to say, and who is that???? are YOU the girlfriend?? Are these for YOU?????
Now, what is interesting is that I don’t live in San Antonio and never have lived there. No one knows me and I’m not going to see anyone I know there, especially at this particular type of store. This was a not one of the big box stores like Dillard’s, Macy’s, Nordstrom’s and so forth. It was some small town department store that I would never be able to find again if I tried. ha.
I wore those panties and bras home on my 5 hour drive and loved every second of it. 🙂
Since that time, going to the outlet malls, major department stores, lingerie shops both independent and corporate are really a thing i look forward to doing as I got older and more confident. I’m no longer rushed and no longer concerned that I might see someone that I know who is going to ask a lot of pointed questions that would make me squirm and be forced to lie. In fact, there were several occasions where the sales girl or sales lady knew that they were for me and would comment on how nice the selections i chose were and offered some suggestions of her own.
One time at the Maidenform Outlet in Gainseville, Tx, I had gone shopping in the afternoon and it was really slow. A young sales girl in her late 20s or early 30s was the only one there. She offered to help me and asked if there was anything in particular I was looking for. I casually told her that I was looking for panties and that was about it. was there any particular kind or style you were looking for she asked? I said I think she likes the satin ones in bikinis. She looked at me and smiled an almost “knowing” smile and said let’s go over here to this section. I found what it was I was looking for and loaded up with about a dozen pair. Well!! That was fast, she said!!! It doesn’t take you long!!!
She was very enthusiastic and it seemed like she “knew” something or suspected something, at least. It’s just the way she acted and looked at me with the lingering smiles she had. Oh, it was nice. It was quite a rush that she suspected or knew that these were for me. I felt welcomed and very comfortable to say the least.
Before I headed up to the checkout counter, she suggested I take a look in the sales bin/tub. They had 2 or 3 big tubs of panties all randomly thrown in this big bin. She led me over there and stuck her arms into the pile and just ran her hands through them and lifted them up as they engulfed her arms and she pulled the pile loosely up, them spilling back into the pile as her hands reached up. Don’t these feel great she asked, glancing over at me smiling a sly smile. Oh, I’m sure they are, I said. But, to be honest, I wanted to do the same thing!! ha. It looked like a LOT of fun just raking my hands and arms through the piles of satiny panties.
That was probably the wildest shopping adventure I had ever had. I’ve had others where the lady at an independent, high end lingerie store actually knew they were for me and that I was shopping for me. I loved shopping there. She ordered all sorts of panties and a few bras for me and I would pick them up when I was making sales calls in that town. That was great. She was a Chantelle distributor among other expensive lines of lingerie. She considered me one of her very good customers and that was a really nice feeling.
I also had a Macy’s frequent panty shopper card. Every 10 pair of panties that you purchased, you got a free pair. I kept those cards in my wallet when shopping. They had a pair of hole punchers that they would knock out the designated spots on the card that showed how many were purchased. The sales ladies would always give me a double take when I would present that card and long glance as if they were studying me. I’ve had numerous trips to the lingerie departments and lingerie stores and have always been in hog heaven while doing it. I loved every second of it.
The bottom line is that most of these stores could care less if you’re a man or a woman, boy or a girl buying these lovely items. It’s a sale and some of them are on commission or some sort of incentive plan. They are happy to help you.
Oh, one last encounter. I was at one of the lingerie chains called Soma buying some panties there. This is one of my absolute favorite stores to go to. Well, I had a double handful of panties and was shopping there while there were other women customers there. (I will say this. occasionally, you do get a few glances from some of those ladies shopping but just be confident and not a creeper and everything is alright.)
Their checkout counter was an island with registers on both sides of the Island. Usually, I would wait for the register to clear before I ventured up to pay out for my new finery, but I went ahead and put all my panties up on the counter while the other ladies on the other side were checking out. One of the sales ladies turned to me and said, I’ll be right with you in a minute, hon. I told her it was fine and that I was in no hurry. (I wasn’t either. I was really enjoying my time there)
When she finished up with the lady on the other side of the counter, she turned to me and said very cheerfully, “well, let’s see what we have here?” it looks like you sure do have a lot of panties you found, and started to pick up each pair and scanning them with the IR wand. As she did so, she started separating them and folding them carefully and stacking them in a nice pile. “oh, I LOVE these, she said”, smiling at me. “Someone’s going to be really happy getting these,” she said as she looked up at me batting her eyes playfully. I replied, “oh, I’m sure about that”, I said in agreement with her. “I hope you enjoy these”, she said almost broadcasting it as she handed the big white Soma bag to me and smiled. I smiled at her and thanked her for her help and told her that I’m sure she will love these.
Now, there are times when I have had a few women making comments to each other that i have heard. It can seem to be awkward at times but also can be entertaining when one of the ladies tells the other, “well, there are 7 days in a week….one for every day….” and snicker to themselves) It just doesn’t phase me anymore. LOL I smile and go on.
- May 26, 2021 at 9:30 am #496666Jeannie JonesDuchessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 469Has thanked: 1304 timesBeen thanked: 1614 times
For the most part that has been my experience with clerks as well. Anymore I cheerfully fess up if they ask or strongly hint that they are for me. At the VS store I even let them know up front that they are for me and tell them I would appreciate any suggestions. Since I have a VS card and half of the VS customers overall are CD they would already know even if I did not say anything I think. Also a lot of tfe time when I am shopping at a store such as Kohl’s I am buying any drab clothes along with my panty purchases.😊
- May 25, 2021 at 7:41 pm #496504Heather MeganLadyRegistered On: May 15, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 47Has thanked: 155 timesBeen thanked: 230 times
I want to say I was in my late 20s and was shopping in a Target I think and was later in the evening. I had a few items to pick up and really on impulse wandered to the woman’s section. It was late and not busy so got bold and looked at some dresses and skirts. I remember getting that endorphin rush picking though the racks and put a denim skirt and a white midi skirt in my basket and finished the rest of my shopping. I think I kept my cool and breathing down checking out and the cashier was a teenaged girl who told me my girlfriend was lucky and I had good taste and that she wished her boyfriend would buy her things. I just said in a sort of joking manner, nah, they are for me and laughed and so did she, and then left it up in the air whether I was kidding or not. It was quite a rush for sure.
- May 25, 2021 at 9:47 am #496283Heather JamesonDuchessRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 551Has thanked: 976 timesBeen thanked: 2035 times
It was after my sister confronted me and I came out to her that I was a crossdresser. I was 13 or 14, along time ago. She gave me some of her stuff to wear but said I had to get my own shoes, I was stretching hers apparently. So she took me shopping and I bought my first pair of boots, black leather with a 3″ heel and little spurs, kinky. A pair of sandals and a nice pair of dress shoes. I still remember the clerk in the store, a guy and I’m pretty sure he was gay telling me I was going to look sexy in the boots. Now I think of it I think he was hitting on me.
- May 22, 2021 at 8:18 am #494924Jamie PetersonPrincessRegistered On: May 20, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 6Has thanked: 24 timesBeen thanked: 96 times
OMG! You just brought back a memory that was long ago. The first item I bought was a Satin string panty and bra set. Back then, there was no internet and, of course I was young and wanting so I would go to adult bookstores (1st year in College). I had acquired some of my Sisters bathing suits and other clothes that she thought she had gotten rid of. But I saw that and wanted my own stuff. It was pretty cheesy, 3 satin triangles and some elastic bands; but it was all mine.
I didn’t buy anything again until after I was out of College.
- May 21, 2021 at 4:29 pm #494754Gabriela RomaniManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 11, 2021Topics: 123Replies: 188Has thanked: 163 timesBeen thanked: 931 times
Thank you all for your contributions so far!
More than the simple curiosity (I was indeed curious) I hope that our experiences may be useful for those who are just getting started in a similar path in life.
Many of us made those first purchases back when in our teen days, or in the 60’s or 70’s or 80’s, etc. When the attitude of the general people about crossdressing was very different than it is now. And while true, in many cases the sales people, those working the registers didn’t think anything about it (What is wrong with a loving husband or boyfriend buying some “sexy” stuff for their wives/girls?) in many cases they really knew for sure (or had high suspicions) that those items were for those who were purchasing them… And nothing happened.
Nowadays, if you want to shop anonymously, you can do so, or in person, you have the self check out lines. But more than that, you have businesses struggling to survive, and living in fear of a lawsuit. So, even if you were there buying whatever it was, they will ring you up, and most likely any comments would be made in good spirits and inviting you to go back to their store at any time.
So sisters… if you have yet to do it, believe all of us… It is business as usual for those who are eager to get your hard earned dolars/pounds/euros/yens/pesos/dracmas/bitcoin, etc!! Enjoy your purchases!!
- May 27, 2021 at 2:54 am #496966Cissy SmithLadyRegistered On: May 25, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 15Has thanked: 101 timesBeen thanked: 34 times
Honestly, I don’t think they really care as long as you’re not creepy with them. I know from past experiences whether it’s going into a major department store lingerie department, a chain boutique or small business lingerie store, they just want to make a sale. They want to help you get what you want. They have items for sale and they want to sell them.
I’ve asked a few clerks here and there if many men frequent the stores or departments. The answer they give is yes. Now, how many of them are buying for themselves remains to be seen but I’m sure they have an idea of whom it is you’re buying for in many cases. But, guess what? They don’t care.
Flip it around the other way. If you were working in the men’s department at one of the big, name brand department stores and a woman came in to buy some men’s underwear, you’d never blink an eye. Why? Because you wouldn’t care if she were buying for her husband or going to wear them herself. It just isn’t a big deal.
I think where it gets a little sensitive, or “might” get sensitive is the subject of the changing rooms. If women are getting fitted for bras or talking specifically about their boob size or shape, they might be a little apprehensive if a guy/man is in the shop or in earshot.
I do buy my wife gift certificates at some of the women’s shops she likes to frequent. It used to be a bit of a feeling of venturing into unfamiliar territory and feeling a bit awkward doing so, but I boldly confess I know nothing about sizing, which is the truth ….and announce I am there to buy a gift certificate for my wife. They are eager to help and cheerfully ring me up and off I go.
By the way, my wife loves these gift certificates, not fancy underwear. ha. But, that’s ok. I like them and will buy them for myself when I feel the urge to go browsing around for new styles.
- May 21, 2021 at 3:49 pm #494736Maya SolLadyRegistered On: July 19, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 38Has thanked: 36 timesBeen thanked: 259 times
sexy panties! and it’s so easy to do so: Many men buying sexy panties for their life partners so it’s not something special. I’m also buying some of these for my wife for special events. I bought for myself in person pantyhose and that it less common for a men to buy for his partner, except if it’s some sexy one, I bought a normal one (brave me!). I never tried to wear a bra but it should be simple as panties because who’s not buying it for his life partner? As for hair accessories: easy! and I’m doing it a lot, because I have a neutral long hair. Jewelry? it’s also easy: same “you do that to your life partner so why not to yourself”.
- May 21, 2021 at 9:08 am #494564Danielle MacGuffinDuchessRegistered On: May 21, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 104Has thanked: 237 timesBeen thanked: 380 times
The first item I bought was recently. My fiancé and I went shopping in the women’s department for the first time. I bought a racerback front clasp bra and a body shaper. Absolutely love wearing them! Even though I don’t have any other clothes to wear over them yet.
- May 21, 2021 at 8:50 am #494547Jamie SmithLadyRegistered On: April 10, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 13Has thanked: 17 timesBeen thanked: 71 times
I bought a lovely skirt and blouse at a Goodwill Store. It is one of my favorite outfits, My boyfrined took me to the casinos and it was the first time I dress up for the entire day. I was very comfortable wearing the outfit all day and most of the time in the casinos. I had receive a few compliments on my outfit from other girls.
- May 20, 2021 at 6:27 pm #494317AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 1Replies: 39Has thanked: 42 timesBeen thanked: 294 times
When I got my first job I went straight in to one of the shops and bought a black pencil skirt and a white blouse simply because it was the first outfit I tried on many years ago my moms of course so they were the first items I bought in person
Now I shop regularly in person for everything
It’s just so natural for me
- May 20, 2021 at 3:12 pm #494263Raquel BotasLadyRegistered On: February 20, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 10Has thanked: 49 timesBeen thanked: 39 times
I wanted a pair of heels SO bad.
Must’ve been at least 16 by then, because i drove 20 minutes to the next town with a Walmart. I told myself that whatever might happen, I’m never going to see any of those people again.
I didn’t have a credit card, and the internet was in it’s infancy, so discreet mailorder was out.
I probably ‘shopped’ around awkwardly, drifting by the ladies’ shoes aisles, waiting for all the old bags to dissipate… then darting eyes searching for 10, 11, SIZE 12! Classic black heels. Yes!
Tuck those secret treasures under an arm and I’m almost done!
Now, checkout: what’re they gonna do? Tell me I am NOT ALLOWED to buy women’s shoes? Nah. Here we go, so exciting and forbidden.
The checkout clerk was an older lady. I would rather have a woman ring me up than a dude. They only had a few checkout lanes open late at night, and this was before self-checkout.
The old broad rang up my items, but as she came to the shoebox i felt her pause of disapproval and her wrinkly gaze. They have to look in the shoebox to make sure it only contains shoes. I don’t really like people, so I’m averting my eyes, looking for my make-believe wife or girlfriend who surely is taking too long in the restroom or parking the car, so I’m just going to check out and meet her outside, right? Well, you don’t know me, or my truths or lies, so save your judgement. You probably kick dogs, mean lady!
I just remember that awkward pause, and how she looked around for peer support like “Look at this BOY buying high heels! What an atrocious spectacle! Pray for his lost soul!” It was like she thought maybe she was on a candid camera tv show.
Nope! Just wanted some Walmart heels, b*. Want nothing to do with you.
So, that was my adventure. I was surely elated to arrive back home and learn how to balance. Those were probably only 3 inchers 😉
- May 20, 2021 at 2:23 pm #494239Millicent TeasedaleDuchessRegistered On: August 24, 2015Topics: 13Replies: 195Has thanked: 46 timesBeen thanked: 387 times
I was young…probably no more than 12 or 13, if that. I saw an ad in the paper for Woolworth’s – they were still around then and actually doing well – but K-Mart was the only big box store really back then – it was all five and dimes like Woolworth’s and S.S. Kresge. Anyway, the ad was for a bra and panty set. And I had the few dollars saved up from my allowance that it cost.
I suppose I could have just gone in, picked up a set, and checked out, but I made myself ask one of the ladies that worked there for help. I told her my sister asked me to get it for her. I was probably red as a beet, but not for the reason the lady thought – at least that’s what I hoped.
As I recall the set was probably pink and actually fit pretty well – it was made for a young girl so I even filled the bra out.
That was the first thing I ever bought for myself. Looking back I’m a little proud that I made myself talk to the lady in the shop – it helped me understand later on that most salespeople are more interested in the sale than in speculating about your choice of underwear and clothing.
- May 20, 2021 at 2:08 pm #494235Marie ChandlerBaronessRegistered On: June 29, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 38Has thanked: 210 timesBeen thanked: 210 times
I think mine must have been a little, boxy, 50s handbag from a thrift store when I was about 18. My excuse was to use it as a cassette tape box, but deep down I was just excited to have my very own purse!
- May 20, 2021 at 11:24 am #494190Rose LangleyDuchessRegistered On: March 24, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 5Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 33 times
I was 32 years old and purchased my first pair of pantyhose. It was in Sears and I pretended that they were for my wife. It would be another 12 years before I bought anything else in public.
- May 20, 2021 at 6:18 am #494095Kathy JacksonLadyRegistered On: September 3, 2015Topics: 0Replies: 86Has thanked: 5145 timesBeen thanked: 300 times
In the 60’s,the girls were all wearing petti-pants. If I caught a peek of those pretty things poking out from a girls skirt I swooned. One time the bell to change classes rang and I had a problem standing up in class because there was a tent in my lap from gazing at the lacey vision of my desk mates skirt hem where rows of lace were showing! I had to place my books in front of me so I could walk out of class. I was around 15 when I could no longer contain myself, I needed some petti-pants for myself. J.C. Penney’s lingerie section had a dozen different styles to choose from, in many pretty colors. I “maned up”, selected my favorite pair and marched to the check-out where the lady looked askance at me while taking my money and bagging the pretties. She thanked me for shopping there, and then added – – “enjoy yourself sweetie”. Indeed I did after I got home and put them on. To this day, I still love my petti-pants. They are perfect for underdressing, year round. I have several pair in my pantie drawer.
- May 20, 2021 at 8:07 am #494122Darlene HollisLadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 28Has thanked: 15 timesBeen thanked: 126 times
- May 20, 2021 at 7:41 am #494113sarasue olsonLadyRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 25Replies: 226Has thanked: 706 timesBeen thanked: 1133 times
- May 19, 2021 at 5:39 pm #493911sarasue olsonLadyRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 25Replies: 226Has thanked: 706 timesBeen thanked: 1133 times
I was seventeen and had gotten my first paycheck from my summer job, I saw this fantastic yellow babydoll nighty in the window of A little shop that I passed on the way to work. I had to have it, so getting up my courage I went in and was met by A sweet older woman, she asked if I saw anything I liked. I answered the yellow nightie in the window, she smiled and asked the size. I told her medium, she went to A drawer and came up with what I wanted and asked if I wanted it gift wrapped to witch I said no. She then said she had just gotten A new shipment of panties and began showing them to me By the time I left her shop I had the nightie and five pair of very nice panties. It was A very good experience and I felt at ease with her salesman ship.
- May 19, 2021 at 2:41 pm #493858K SwimLadyRegistered On: July 8, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 645Has thanked: 312 timesBeen thanked: 1263 times
- May 19, 2021 at 9:04 am #493790Deborah SullivanDuchessRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 633Has thanked: 2748 timesBeen thanked: 2546 times
I was 20 and sharing an apartment with a another guy that was openly dressing in drag. She and I were the same size=size 8 but had different shoe sizes. That night we decided to go clubbing so I needed heels. At the time I went to payless shoes alone and found the right shoe and size which I tried on in the store ignoring other shoppers. When it became time to check out I went to the counter and acted like no big thing and the young sales clerk did not react at all. I discovered buying womens things were no big deal. Later that evening we went out together and have been hooked ever since as debbie
- May 19, 2021 at 6:53 am #493758Jamie TaalLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 130Has thanked: 720 timesBeen thanked: 677 times
In my 20’s I used the cover of Valentines Day to buy lingerie and panties “for my girlfriend”. It was a rush and I felt that all eyes were on me as I wandered the store. Then I noticed many other clueless men buying items for their significant others and I felt less awkward. Then again, maybe they were doing the same thing I was doing. I guess we’ll never know. As a result of this holiday most of what I initially bought the first few years was red or pink due to the seasons. Ahh the younger years.
- May 19, 2021 at 6:19 am #493752Kay LambertLadyRegistered On: February 28, 2017Topics: 3Replies: 62Has thanked: 275 timesBeen thanked: 365 times
- May 19, 2021 at 5:58 am #493746GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 30Replies: 1343Has thanked: 11453 timesBeen thanked: 5540 times
- May 20, 2021 at 3:31 pm #494267Gabriela RomaniManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 11, 2021Topics: 123Replies: 188Has thanked: 163 timesBeen thanked: 931 times
I wonder if the sizing for cans of soda pop or candy are the same all over the world? 😉
1 user thanked author for this post.
- May 19, 2021 at 5:53 am #493744Brenda StevensLadyRegistered On: December 10, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 63Has thanked: 1020 timesBeen thanked: 313 times
I was 17 or 18 at the time and going to school away from home. I stepped into a women’s clothing store and shaking I’m sure…but I bought a few pair of silky nylon panties…I can’t remember saying anything…but I had done it and I just could not wait to get back to my apartment to slip these lovely things on. That was in the mid 60’s and have shopped at department stores and thrift stores since and now approach in calmly but just so enjoy shopping for feminine clothing that is just for that special person inside of me.
- May 19, 2021 at 5:38 am #493738DuchessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 469Has thanked: 1304 timesBeen thanked: 1614 times
When I was 20 I bought skimp skamp panties and it was a great experience. The clerk explained that those panties stayed in place and were comfy with good coverage. It was like she was talking to a gg instead of a drab guy. By her smile I could see that she thought or knew they were for me.😊
- May 19, 2021 at 5:24 am #493735Marcellette LavalBaronessRegistered On: February 1, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 105Has thanked: 312 timesBeen thanked: 528 times
I was 45 at the time, it was a CVS drug store, and the item was a L’Oreal lipstick in “Drumbeat Red.” And like you, when the cashier asked me if I found everything I needed, I replied “I just hope it’s the right colour for her” and then grabbed some lifesavers and one of those giant Slim Jim’s and said “and these are for me” to try to disguise the whole transaction – so funny now to look back on that!!
Can’t find Drumbeat Red anymore, but I do still enjoy an occasional Slim Jim…LOL!
Thanks for posting this fun question!
- May 19, 2021 at 9:46 am #493801Kathy JacksonLadyRegistered On: September 3, 2015Topics: 0Replies: 86Has thanked: 5145 timesBeen thanked: 300 times
Under dressing gives you the opportunity to go about your day while feeling the feminine garments moving against your skin. Shopping for girly things while wearing panties and stockings beneath your drag things is fun. Give it a try.
- May 19, 2021 at 11:50 am #493828DuchessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 469Has thanked: 1304 timesBeen thanked: 1614 times
- May 19, 2021 at 10:16 am #493807Charlotte WalkerDuchessRegistered On: April 18, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 222Has thanked: 890 timesBeen thanked: 671 times
- May 19, 2021 at 5:12 am #493732Stephanie KennedyPrincessRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 863Has thanked: 5594 timesBeen thanked: 3456 times
- May 19, 2021 at 4:10 am #493726Angela CrosseLadyRegistered On: December 14, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 10Has thanked: 62 timesBeen thanked: 37 times
First purchase was a Maroon dress, i had borrowed underwear from a transgender lady I was lucky enough to be friends with, she also done my hair and makeup for my first public appearance. Age at time about 22. What a lucky girl xxx
- May 19, 2021 at 3:27 am #493719DuchessRegistered On: April 18, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 222Has thanked: 890 timesBeen thanked: 671 times
- May 19, 2021 at 3:20 am #493718Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1655Has thanked: 1240 timesBeen thanked: 4526 times
- May 18, 2021 at 11:57 pm #493682Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 1205Has thanked: 17595 timesBeen thanked: 4757 times
The best I can remember, I was almost 17. I had bought a couple of girls rock band tshirts already, but the first actual gender specific item(s) I think I remember was a package of black panties and a pair of stockings. I do remember a sales girl approaching me to see if I needed help and I blurted out something about what size I was looking for. The girl was a few years older than I was, but she took the package and flipped it over showing the sizing chart on the back, and asking very directly how tall I was. It didn’t register exactly what she said before I blurted out my height. I probably could have matched a fire truck with the red I turned after I realized what she had asked and my answer.
She just smiled and asked if I was through shopping and all I could do was nod, and she walked me to the register and I paid. As I left, she told me to enjoy my purchase, and I almost ran to get out of the store. I don’t even remember what the store was as it is long gone now and the building has been replaced.
- May 18, 2021 at 10:10 pm #493674Kathleen 60454LadyRegistered On: January 8, 2020Topics: 65Replies: 551Has thanked: 2375 timesBeen thanked: 2291 times
- May 18, 2021 at 8:03 pm #493645LadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 28Has thanked: 15 timesBeen thanked: 126 times
My first purchase was stockings, garter belt, and panties, from a local sex shop, after finding CDH at 63 years old. Now have been to thrift stores, VS, Walmart, Lane Bryant and Torrid. Torrid has been great, they let you try stuff on and keep bringing stuff to the dressing room until you find what you like. First time in I made up a story that I was going to a gender bender reception for a same sex marriage. Subsequent trips (different store) I just fessed up that I CD. I’m closeted, so all of these were in drab mode. I still get nervous, but that’s part of the excitement. I probably would never done this before I found CDH. Thanks to all the girls on here!
- May 18, 2021 at 7:23 pm #493616ChloeCDuchessRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 324Has thanked: 819 timesBeen thanked: 1405 times
So, some years ago I was on a business trip for about 2 1/2 weeks, coming home only on weekends, for a new install at a potential customer. After dinner (sometimes with the customer) I’d use the later evening by myself in my room, to indulge. Nothing terribly serious as I’d have to get up the next morning and get back to the customer’s office, just a little dressing up and such. But I realized I had brought several skirts with me but forgot any kind of blouse. Being in a ‘strange’ small city, a gazillion miles from where anyone would recognize me, I screwed up my courage and went into a Nordstrom’s and purchased a blouse. It was closing in on closing time and few other customers. But I have no idea what the salesgirl thought of me as of course I was in male drag and my heart was beating rapidly, but I did it. I sort of acted sort of like it was a present but I’m not sure I got that out right. And to tell the truth I wasn’t sure I could ever do it again. Practically all my past and future purchases were mail order. (although I have ventured into a VS and bought a present.)
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by ChloeC.
- May 18, 2021 at 6:36 pm #493606LeonaraAmbassadorRegistered On: October 13, 2015Topics: 4Replies: 462Has thanked: 1418 timesBeen thanked: 1084 times
My wife, Kathy, was our “Santa Claus” at Christmas.
At the time, we had small children, so I had to buy mommy’s presents….prior to my CD, I had no doubts
to go to the ladies petite department to buy clothes for my wife because that’s what men do at Christmas… and eventually a future omen…
Fast forward a few years and I started to dress in Kathy’s clothes….petite dresses were snug and short but served this newbie CD and felt very comfortable expressing my feminine self…
Feeling guilty that I would damage her dresses or she would guess the dress fit was different, I was determined to buy my own… it was Christmas, I went to my go to store, Macy’s with my “friends & family”
discount card (Kathy was a part time Macy’s supervisor). Pantsuits, cashmere sweaters, and blouses for my wife in size 8 petite… and for Leonara a print dress (modeled in my photo gallery) and a pencil skirt and white blouse in misses size 10….I proceeded to checkout… whereby it was pointed out there were different sizes!? My response, nonchalantly, “yes I know”… since that was my first purchase for Leonara, to this day, did the sales girl suspect the size 10 were for Leonara?
Thank you ladies for listening and mynreminiscing about purchasing my first item(s).. Leonara
- May 18, 2021 at 6:22 pm #493604Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 8Replies: 484Has thanked: 302 timesBeen thanked: 1981 times
It’s been so long I can’t be sure, but probably it was pantyhose.
An early outfit I had was from buying satiny material from a fabric store and making a wrap skirt, using a wrap skirt my spouse had discarded as a “pattern” (2 seams, a waistband, two ties, and then hem the skirt; a double front panel kept my modesty).
- May 18, 2021 at 6:17 pm #493603Laura Jane MooreLadyRegistered On: July 10, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 153Has thanked: 925 timesBeen thanked: 671 times
I really had to rack my brain, and chose the wrong one. I said earrings…. but it was actually makeup. A lipstick and blush I believe. I was in my mid 20’s. I later graduated to the full monty. My best memories of shopping for femme items were at Lee’s Mardi Gras Boutique in NYC. How exciting it was to find that place.
- May 18, 2021 at 6:17 pm #493602Bobbi WattLadyRegistered On: February 17, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 22Has thanked: 199 timesBeen thanked: 143 times
Hi Girls the first thing I bought was a wig and going in to this wig shop it was like jumping off a high bridge into the water . My hart was going a mile a minute I was around nineteen years old . It never got easy for me to buy wigs and one day this woman at a shop in Malden Mass. said to me she had a lot of men customers your not alone . She could see it wasn’t easy for me. She changed my life that day. I think just by telling me your not alone. Shortly after that day I came out to my wife and it went better than I ever thought it would . Today I know I am not alone and that is a good feeling thanks to all you girls .
- May 18, 2021 at 6:05 pm #493597Kathleen 60454LadyRegistered On: January 8, 2020Topics: 65Replies: 551Has thanked: 2375 timesBeen thanked: 2291 times
I bought two article’s panty hose and 3″ Suede high heels. I had the heels until i twisted my foot and broke the entite heel off a few years later. . My wife’s clothing i could fit into.
Kathleen xxxxx 💋♥
- May 18, 2021 at 4:53 pm #493585Regi KellyPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 1053Has thanked: 11175 timesBeen thanked: 4623 times
- May 18, 2021 at 4:28 pm #493576Kelli MarloweLadyRegistered On: August 4, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 70Has thanked: 817 timesBeen thanked: 402 times
I used to do all the grocery shopping for our family, as the store was but 1/4 mile from my shop. Very easy to slip a package of Leggs black pantyhose in with the groceries. Probably 20 plus years ago.the internet makes shopping a lot easier, but beware of E Bay’s new”Buy It Again” feature which tracks purchases and apparently cannot be deleted!
- May 18, 2021 at 3:58 pm #493572DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 81Replies: 1072Has thanked: 7266 timesBeen thanked: 3943 times
- May 18, 2021 at 2:04 pm #493533Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 499Has thanked: 420 timesBeen thanked: 2145 times
I still remember buying the first female items in person, althought I can’t quite remember the exact items bought.
Up until that time, I was still trying on stuff in my mom’s wardrobe. I had been itching to buy my own stuff because I noticed my mom’s stuff was starting to not fit anymore, and I didn’t want to risk damaging any of her clothes.
We didn’t have internet at that time at home, or anywhere. This was around the time when 14 400 baud modems were like the fast thing alive for home use. Hell, I didn’t even have a computer back then. So researching sizing, fashion before going to the store was not an option.
I was just starting university and had a student loan (woo hoo free money – NOT). So one day I decided I am gonna do it, I was going to go to the store and buy my own stash of clothing. Before I went, I took note of my mom’s sizing so I had something to base it on.
I went to Kmart, and browsed around the women’s area. I eventually bought a lingerie bodysuit, a one piece swimsuit, some aerobic wear (spandex leotard, leggings), and some other stuff. Like you, I said something like “this is a gift” to the cashier and she gave me a gift box. If I didn’t say anything, I bet she wouldn’t have cared. I paid, and left and went home to try on my loot. It was nerve wracking wandering around the womens area, but felt great coming home with all that stuff.
- May 18, 2021 at 1:26 pm #493522Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 701Has thanked: 44230 timesBeen thanked: 1512 times
I began my secret stash of women’s clothes with a Maidenform white nylon and lace tanga style panty. I bought it at my local super grocery store that also has a clothing department. It was in 2015; I was 43. I was a little nervous, but determined. I hid it under a food box and scanned it at a self check out register.
- May 18, 2021 at 1:10 pm #493520KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 9Replies: 613Has thanked: 1798 timesBeen thanked: 2825 times
Hi Gabriela, The first femme item that I bought in person was a bra. It was in Sears. And if I recall correctly I think I was in my early 40s. I didn’t say a word at the cashier and tried to act as nonchalant as possible but I’m sure I was sweating profusely. That was about 25 years ago. Now it is no big deal pretty much buying any femme item. Take care, Hugs, Krista.
- May 18, 2021 at 1:06 pm #493517Nikky JunctionLadyRegistered On: May 12, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 6Has thanked: 84 timesBeen thanked: 63 times
The first thing I bought was bra from walmart. It seemed a whole lot more harrowing that it probably ever could have been, but the old lady patrolling the adjoining section glaring at me didn’t help. I was already at maximum anxiety when I finally found one that MIGHT fit so I kinda bricked it for the self checkout paid for it and ran home. I will say that it felt amazing sitting in my car waiting for my heart to restart again, the phrase “I did it!!” while ecstatic that I found the courage to actually go through with the purchase!
32 years old, and shy and anxious as all hell, but I DID IT!
- May 18, 2021 at 12:55 pm #493510T.J. ByronDuchessRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 375Has thanked: 4240 timesBeen thanked: 1589 times
Yep…the sales person Dosen’ t care what ficticeous name you made up as you approached the cash register to make the agonizing move,,, to Pay for the…”things” you were purchasing …” For your ,Aunt, uh…sister…whatever. You did it…now Home to enjoy!!!
Dr. T.J. ( STOCKINGS!)
- May 18, 2021 at 12:12 pm #493501Managing AmbassadorRegistered On: January 11, 2021Topics: 123Replies: 188Has thanked: 163 timesBeen thanked: 931 times
I was about 15. I went to a drug store (think Walgreens or CVS in USA or maybe Boots in the UK). It was the early 80s and all the girls I knew were wearing colored pantyhose at school or parties. No way my only source for hosiery (my mom) would ever buy any… so I bit the bullet, and picked up a package of blue hose and some gum and some other stuff, and off to the register. True, dumb and nervous as I was, I blurted out they were for my sister… but didn’t even notice if the girl at the register said anything, I paid and walked out as fast as I could! Ah those incredibly silly days!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.