Viewing 74 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

So, what was the first item of women’s clothing or jewelry or accessories or makeup, shoes, etc. you bought for yourself in person?
      And if you’d like to share how old you were at the time, that will be nice too! 🙂

Anonymous

I was about 15. I went to a drug store (think Walgreens or CVS in USA or maybe Boots in the UK). It was the early 80s and all the girls I knew were wearing colored pantyhose at school or parties. No way my only source for hosiery (my mom) would ever buy any… so I bit the bullet, and picked up a package of blue hose and some gum and some other stuff, and off to the register. True, dumb and nervous as I was, I blurted out they were for my sister… but didn’t even notice if the girl at the register said anything, I paid and walked out as fast as I could! Ah those incredibly silly days!!

Anonymous

Yep…the sales person Dosen’ t care what ficticeous  name you made up as you approached the cash register to make the agonizing move,,, to Pay for the…”things” you were purchasing …” For your ,Aunt,  uh…sister…whatever. You did it…now Home to enjoy!!!

Dr. T.J. ( STOCKINGS!)

The first thing I bought was bra from walmart. It seemed a whole lot more harrowing that it probably ever could have been, but the old lady patrolling the adjoining section glaring at me didn’t help. I was already at maximum anxiety when I finally found one that MIGHT fit so I kinda bricked it for the self checkout paid for it and ran home. I will say that it felt amazing sitting in my car waiting for my heart to restart again, the phrase “I did it!!” while ecstatic that I found the courage to actually go through with the purchase!

32 years old, and shy and anxious as all hell, but I DID IT!

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Gabriela, The first femme item that I bought in person was a bra.  It was in Sears.  And if I recall correctly I think I was in my early 40s.  I didn’t say a word at the cashier and tried to act as nonchalant as possible but I’m sure I was sweating profusely.  That was about 25 years ago.  Now it is no big deal pretty much buying any femme item.  Take care, Hugs, Krista.

I began my secret stash of women’s clothes with a Maidenform white nylon and lace tanga style panty. I bought it at my local super grocery store that also has a clothing department. It was in 2015; I was 43. I was a little nervous, but determined. I hid it under a food box and scanned it at a self check out register.

I still remember buying the first female items in person, althought I can’t quite remember the exact items bought.

Up until that time, I was still trying on stuff in my mom’s wardrobe.  I had been itching to buy my own stuff because I noticed my mom’s stuff was starting to not fit anymore, and I didn’t want to risk damaging any of her clothes.

We didn’t have internet at that time at home, or anywhere.  This was around the time when 14 400 baud modems were like the fast thing alive for home use.  Hell, I didn’t even have a computer back then.  So researching sizing, fashion before going to the store was not an option.

I was just starting university and had a student loan (woo hoo free money – NOT).  So one day I decided I am gonna do it, I was going to go to the store and buy my own stash of clothing.  Before I went, I took note of my mom’s sizing so I had something to base it on.

I went to Kmart, and browsed around the women’s area.  I eventually bought a lingerie bodysuit, a one piece swimsuit, some aerobic wear (spandex leotard, leggings), and some other stuff.  Like you, I said something like “this is a gift” to the cashier and she gave me a gift box.  If I didn’t say anything, I bet she wouldn’t have cared.  I paid, and left and went home to try on my loot.  It was nerve wracking wandering around the womens area, but felt great coming home with all that stuff.

Anonymous

Anyone remember Montgomery Wards was in my 20’s and bought some panty hose and some bra and panties.

I used to do all the grocery shopping for our family, as the store was but 1/4 mile from my shop. Very easy to slip a package of Leggs black pantyhose in with the groceries. Probably 20 plus years ago.the internet makes shopping a lot easier, but beware of E Bay’s new”Buy It Again” feature which tracks purchases and apparently cannot be deleted!

I picked bra, but I got panties at the same time, lol. Could only choose one though
      and I was 63
      Hugs, Regi👸💕

Anonymous

I bought two article’s panty hose and 3″ Suede high heels. I had the heels until i twisted my foot and broke the entite heel off a few years later. . My wife’s clothing i could fit into.

Kathleen xxxxx 💋♥

Hi Girls the first thing I bought was a wig and going in to this wig shop it was like jumping off a high bridge into the water . My hart was going a mile a minute I was around nineteen years old . It never got easy for me to buy wigs and one day this woman at a shop in Malden Mass. said to me she had a lot of men customers your not alone . She could see it wasn’t easy for me. She changed my life that day. I think just by telling me your not alone. Shortly after that day I came out to my wife and it went better than I ever thought it would . Today I know I am not alone and that is  a good feeling thanks to all you girls .

I really had to rack my brain, and chose the wrong one. I said earrings…. but it was actually makeup. A lipstick and blush I believe. I was in my mid 20’s. I later graduated to the full monty. My best memories of shopping for femme items were at Lee’s Mardi Gras Boutique in NYC. How exciting it was to find that place.

It’s been so long I can’t be sure, but probably it was pantyhose.

An early outfit I had was from buying satiny material from a fabric store and making a wrap skirt, using a wrap skirt my spouse had discarded as a “pattern” (2 seams, a waistband, two ties, and then hem the skirt; a double front panel kept my modesty).

Leonara
      Ambassador

My wife, Kathy, was our “Santa Claus” at Christmas.
      At the time, we had small children, so I had to buy mommy’s presents….prior to my CD, I had no doubts
      to go to the ladies petite department to buy clothes for my wife because that’s what men do at Christmas… and eventually a future omen…
      Fast forward a few years and I started to dress in Kathy’s clothes….petite dresses were snug and short but served this newbie CD and felt very comfortable expressing my feminine self…
      Feeling guilty that I would damage her dresses or she would guess the dress fit was different, I was determined to buy my own… it was Christmas, I went to my go to store, Macy’s with my “friends & family”
      discount card (Kathy was a part time Macy’s supervisor). Pantsuits, cashmere sweaters, and blouses for my wife in size 8 petite… and for Leonara a print dress (modeled in my photo gallery) and a pencil skirt and white blouse in misses size 10….I proceeded to checkout… whereby it was pointed out there were different sizes!? My response, nonchalantly, “yes I know”… since that was my first purchase for Leonara, to this day, did the sales girl suspect the size 10 were for Leonara?
      Thank you ladies for listening and mynreminiscing about purchasing my first item(s).. Leonara

Leonara
        Ambassador

Thank YOU, Gabriella, that was so sweet

Leonara
        Ambassador

Thank you ladies for your “thanks” to my buying my first item(s) experience

ChloeC
      Duchess

So, some years ago I was on a business trip for about 2 1/2 weeks, coming home only on weekends, for a new install at a potential customer.  After dinner (sometimes with the customer) I’d use the later evening by myself in my room, to indulge.  Nothing terribly serious as I’d have to get up the next morning and get back to the customer’s office, just a little dressing up and such.  But I realized I had brought several skirts with me but forgot any kind of blouse. Being in a ‘strange’ small city, a gazillion miles from where anyone would recognize me, I screwed up my courage and went into a Nordstrom’s and purchased a blouse. It was closing in on closing time and few other customers.  But I have no idea what the salesgirl thought of me as of course I was in male drag and my heart was beating rapidly, but I did it. I sort of acted sort of like it was a present but I’m not sure I got that out right.  And to tell the truth I wasn’t sure I could ever do it again. Practically all my past and future purchases were mail order. (although I have ventured into a VS and bought a present.)

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by ChloeC.

My first purchase was stockings, garter belt, and panties, from a local sex shop, after finding CDH at 63 years old.  Now have been to thrift stores, VS, Walmart, Lane Bryant and Torrid.  Torrid has been great, they let you try stuff on and keep bringing stuff to the dressing room until you find what you like.  First time in I made up a story that I was going to a gender bender reception for a same sex marriage.  Subsequent trips (different store) I just fessed up that I CD.  I’m closeted, so all of these were in drab mode.  I still get nervous, but that’s part of the excitement.  I probably would never done this before I found CDH.  Thanks to all the girls on here!

xoxo,

Darlene

Anonymous

I bought two items that go together stockings and 3″ Suede heels.

The best I can remember, I was almost 17.  I had bought a couple of girls rock band tshirts already, but the first actual gender specific item(s) I think I remember was a package of black panties and a pair of stockings.  I do remember a sales girl approaching me to see if I needed help and I blurted out something about what size I was looking for.  The girl was a few years older than I was, but she took the package and flipped it over showing the sizing chart on the back, and asking very directly how tall I was.  It didn’t register exactly what she said before I blurted out my height.  I probably could have matched a fire truck with the red I turned after I realized what she had asked and my answer.

She just smiled and asked if I was through shopping and all I could do was nod, and she walked me to the register and I paid.  As I left, she told me to enjoy my purchase, and I almost ran to get out of the store.  I don’t even remember what the store was as it is long gone now and the building has been replaced.

PaulaF

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I was 13 and it was pantyhose at JC Penney.

Mine was panties nylon at local store. I was 70 late starter.

Charlotte

First purchase was a Maroon dress, i had borrowed underwear from a transgender lady I was lucky enough to be friends with, she also done my hair and makeup for my first public appearance. Age at time about 22. What a lucky girl xxx

Hi Angela

That’s so lucky. I have had to buy all my own. Been fun doing it.

Hugs Charlotte

Hi Gabriela Fun question I believe i was about 13- 14 bought a really cute pair of sailor bell bottom jeans that had a buttoned up flap .

Luv Stephanie

Gabriela,

I was 45 at the time, it was a CVS drug store, and the item was a L’Oreal lipstick in “Drumbeat Red.”   And like you, when the cashier asked me if I found everything I needed, I replied “I just hope it’s the right colour for her” and then grabbed some lifesavers and one of those giant Slim Jim’s and said “and these are for me” to try to disguise the whole transaction – so funny now to look back on that!!

Can’t find Drumbeat Red anymore, but I do still enjoy an occasional Slim Jim…LOL!

Thanks for posting this fun question!

Marcellette

Under dressing gives you the opportunity to go about your day while feeling the feminine garments moving against your skin.  Shopping for girly things while wearing panties and stockings beneath your drag things is fun.  Give it a try.

Hugs, Kathy

Hi Kathy

I underdress every day as you say the feeling of panties and stockings against you skin is wonderful.

Charlotte

Panties are so nice. I have so many pairs. It is fair to say panties are an addiction that I will happily stay with.😊

So true Kathy. Also if you have stockings on you can try heels on without the thicker drab socks. At least if you are bold😊

When I was 20 I bought skimp skamp panties and it was a great experience. The clerk explained that those panties stayed in place and were comfy with good coverage. It was like she was talking to a gg instead of a drab guy. By her smile I could see that she thought or knew they were for me.😊

I was 17 or 18 at the time and going to school away from home. I stepped into a women’s clothing store and shaking I’m sure…but I bought a few pair of silky nylon panties…I can’t remember saying anything…but I had done it and I just could not wait to get back to my apartment to slip these lovely things on. That was in the mid 60’s and have shopped at department stores and thrift stores since and now approach in calmly but just so enjoy shopping for feminine clothing that is just for that special person inside of me.

Mint green nylon bikini panties from Sears. What a rush. This was way back in 1974.

Kay👩🏻‍🦳💋

In my 20’s I used the cover of Valentines Day to buy lingerie and panties “for my girlfriend”. It was a rush and I felt that all eyes were on me as I wandered the store. Then I noticed many other clueless men buying items for their significant others and I felt less awkward. Then again, maybe they were doing the same thing I was doing. I guess we’ll never know. As a result of this holiday most of what I initially bought the first few years was red or pink due to the seasons. Ahh the younger years.

I was 20 and sharing an apartment with a another guy that was openly dressing in drag. She and I were the same size=size 8 but had different shoe sizes. That night we decided to go clubbing so I needed heels. At the time I went to payless shoes alone and found the right shoe and size which I tried on in the store ignoring other shoppers. When it became time to check out I went to the counter and acted like no big thing and the young sales clerk did not react at all. I discovered buying womens things were no big deal. Later that evening we went out together and have been hooked ever since as debbie

K Swim
      Lady

One piece swimsuit…3 times. This was several years ago. I haven’t tried it since.

I was seventeen and had gotten my first paycheck from my summer job, I saw this fantastic yellow babydoll nighty in the window of A little shop that I passed on the way to work. I had to have it, so getting up my courage I went in and was met by A sweet older woman, she asked if I saw anything I liked. I answered the yellow nightie in the window, she smiled and asked the size. I told her medium, she went to A drawer and came up with what I wanted and asked if I wanted it gift wrapped to witch I said no. She then said she had just gotten A new shipment of panties and began showing them to me By the time I left her shop I had the nightie and five pair of very nice panties. It was A very good experience and I felt at ease with her salesman ship.

It is so nice when an SA treats us well and I could talk panties for as long as the SA was willing.😊

In the 60’s,the girls were all wearing petti-pants. If I caught a peek of those pretty things poking out from a girls skirt I swooned. One time the bell to change classes rang and I had a problem standing up in class because there was a tent in my lap from gazing at the lacey vision of my desk mates skirt hem where rows of lace were showing! I had to place my books in front of me so I could walk out of class. I was around 15 when I could no longer contain myself, I needed some petti-pants for myself. J.C. Penney’s lingerie section had a dozen different styles to choose from, in many pretty colors. I “maned up”, selected my favorite pair and marched to the check-out where the lady looked askance at me while taking my money and bagging the pretties. She thanked me for shopping there, and then added – – “enjoy yourself sweetie”. Indeed I did after I got home and put them on. To this day, I still love my petti-pants. They are perfect for underdressing, year round. I have several pair in my pantie drawer.

Kathy

Oh yes, I love petti pants as well as old fashion satin bloomers. I have over a dozen pair and wear them under my skirts. LOVE THAT FEEL.

Oh the # of times I was inflicted with tent lap in high school and college!  Now we have a name for it.  I love the feel of petti pants and slips.

Anonymous

I was 32 years old and purchased my first pair of pantyhose.  It was in Sears and I pretended that they were for my wife.  It would be another 12 years before I bought anything else in public.

I think mine must have been a little, boxy, 50s handbag from a thrift store when I was about 18. My excuse was to use it as a cassette tape box, but deep down I was just excited to have my very own purse!

I was young…probably no more than 12 or 13, if that. I saw an ad in the paper for Woolworth’s – they were still around then and actually doing well – but K-Mart was the only big box store really back then – it was all five and dimes  like Woolworth’s and S.S. Kresge. Anyway, the ad was for a bra and panty set. And I had the few dollars saved up from my allowance that it cost.

I suppose I could have just gone in, picked up a set, and checked out, but I made myself ask one of the ladies that worked there for help. I told her my sister asked me to get it for her. I was probably red as a beet, but not for the reason the lady thought – at least that’s what I hoped.

As I recall the set was probably pink and actually fit pretty well – it was made for a young girl so I even filled the bra out.

That was the first thing I ever bought for myself. Looking back I’m a little proud that I made myself talk to the lady in the shop – it helped me understand later on that most salespeople are more interested in the sale than in speculating about your choice of underwear and clothing.

Millie

Raquel
      Lady

I wanted a pair of heels SO bad.
      Must’ve been at least 16 by then, because i drove 20 minutes to the next town with a Walmart. I told myself that whatever might happen, I’m never going to see any of those people again.
      I didn’t have a credit card, and the internet was in it’s infancy, so discreet mailorder was out.
      I probably ‘shopped’ around awkwardly, drifting by the ladies’ shoes aisles, waiting for all the old bags to dissipate… then darting eyes searching for 10, 11, SIZE 12! Classic black heels. Yes!
      Tuck those secret treasures under an arm and I’m almost done!
      Now, checkout: what’re they gonna do? Tell me I am NOT ALLOWED to buy women’s shoes? Nah. Here we go, so exciting and forbidden.
      The checkout clerk was an older lady. I would rather have a woman ring me up than a dude. They only had a few checkout lanes open late at night, and this was before self-checkout.
      The old broad rang up my items, but as she came to the shoebox i felt her pause of disapproval and her wrinkly gaze. They have to look in the shoebox to make sure it only contains shoes. I don’t really like people, so I’m averting my eyes, looking for my make-believe wife or girlfriend who surely is taking too long in the restroom or parking the car, so I’m just going to check out and meet her outside, right? Well, you don’t know me, or my truths or lies, so save your judgement. You probably kick dogs, mean lady!
      I just remember that awkward pause, and how she looked around for peer support like “Look at this BOY buying high heels! What an atrocious spectacle! Pray for his lost soul!” It was like she thought maybe she was on a candid camera tv show.
      Nope! Just wanted some Walmart heels, b*. Want nothing to do with you.
      So, that was my adventure. I was surely elated to arrive back home and learn how to balance. Those were probably only 3 inchers 😉

Anonymous

Hi Gabriela

When I got my first job I went straight in to one of the shops and bought a black pencil skirt and a white blouse simply because it was the first outfit I tried on many years ago my moms of course so they were the first items I bought in person

Now I shop regularly in person for everything

It’s just so natural for me

L❤ve

Kelly💋Ann

💋☘💋

😊

I bought a simular outfit as part of my office attire. It was a long sleeve white blouse and black knee length pencil skirt

Hello Gabriela What you bought was what I now have in my ” Office Attire Collection”  wear that outfit from time to time when I go out.

I bought a lovely skirt and blouse at a Goodwill Store. It is one of my favorite outfits, My boyfrined took me to the casinos and it was the first time I dress up for the entire day. I was very comfortable wearing the outfit all day and most of the time in the casinos. I had receive a few compliments on my outfit from other girls.

The first item I bought was recently. My fiancé and I went shopping in the women’s department for the first time. I bought a racerback front clasp bra and a body shaper. Absolutely love wearing them! Even though I don’t have any other clothes to wear over them yet.

Maya Sol
      Lady

sexy panties! and it’s so easy to do so: Many men buying sexy panties for their life partners so it’s not something special. I’m also buying some of these for my wife for special events. I bought for myself in person pantyhose and that it less common for a men to buy for his partner, except if it’s some sexy one, I bought a normal one (brave me!). I never tried to wear a bra but it should be simple as panties because who’s not buying it for his life partner? As for hair accessories: easy! and I’m doing it a lot, because I have a neutral long hair. Jewelry? it’s also easy: same “you do that to your life partner so why not to yourself”.

Anonymous

Thank you all for your contributions so far!

More than the simple curiosity (I was indeed curious) I hope that our experiences may be useful for those who are just getting started in a similar path in life.
      Many of us made those first purchases back when in our teen days, or in the 60’s or 70’s or 80’s, etc. When the attitude of the general people about crossdressing was very different than it is now. And while true, in many cases the sales people, those working the registers didn’t think anything about it (What is wrong with a loving husband or boyfriend buying some “sexy” stuff for their wives/girls?) in many cases they really knew for sure (or had high suspicions) that those items were for those who were purchasing them… And nothing happened.
      Nowadays, if you want to shop anonymously, you can do so, or in person, you have the self check out lines. But more than that, you have businesses struggling to survive, and living in fear of a lawsuit. So, even if you were there buying whatever it was, they will ring you up, and most likely any comments would be made in good spirits and inviting you to go back to their store at any time.
      So sisters… if you have yet to do it, believe all of us… It is business as usual for those who are eager to get your hard earned dolars/pounds/euros/yens/pesos/dracmas/bitcoin, etc!! Enjoy your purchases!!

Gaby

Gabriela,

Honestly, I don’t think they really care as long as you’re not creepy with them.  I know from past experiences whether it’s going into a major department store lingerie department, a chain boutique or small business lingerie store, they just want to make a sale.  They want to help you get what you want.  They have items for sale and they want to sell them.

I’ve asked a few clerks here and there if many men frequent the stores or departments.   The answer they give is yes.  Now, how many of them are buying for themselves remains to be seen but I’m sure they have an idea of whom it is you’re buying for in many cases.  But, guess what?  They don’t care.

Flip it around the other way.  If you were working in the men’s department at one of the big, name brand department stores and a woman came in to buy some men’s underwear, you’d never blink an eye.  Why?  Because you wouldn’t care if she were buying for her husband or going to wear them herself.  It just isn’t a big deal.

I think where it gets a little sensitive, or “might” get sensitive is the subject of the changing rooms.  If women are getting fitted for bras or talking specifically about their boob size or shape, they might be a little apprehensive if a guy/man is in the shop or in earshot.

I do buy my wife gift certificates at some of the women’s shops she likes to frequent.  It used to be a bit of a feeling of venturing into unfamiliar territory and feeling a bit awkward doing so, but I boldly confess I know nothing about sizing, which is the truth ….and announce I am there to buy a gift certificate for my wife.   They are eager to help and cheerfully ring me up and off I go.

By the way, my wife loves these gift certificates, not fancy underwear. ha.  But, that’s ok.  I like them and will buy them for myself when I feel the urge to go browsing around for new styles.

Anonymous

OMG!  You just brought back a memory that  was long ago.  The first item I bought was a Satin string panty and bra set.  Back then, there was no internet and, of course I was young and wanting so I would go to adult bookstores (1st year in College).  I had acquired some of my Sisters bathing suits and other clothes that she thought she had gotten rid of.  But I saw that and wanted my own stuff.  It was pretty cheesy, 3 satin triangles and some elastic bands; but it was all mine.

I didn’t buy anything again until after I was out of College.

Anonymous

It was after my sister confronted me and I came out to her that I  was a crossdresser. I was 13 or 14, along time ago. She gave me some of her stuff to wear but said I had to get my own shoes, I was stretching hers apparently. So she took me shopping and I bought my first pair of boots, black leather with a 3″ heel and little spurs, kinky. A pair of sandals and a nice pair of dress shoes. I still remember the clerk in the store, a guy and I’m pretty sure he was gay telling me I was going to look sexy in the boots. Now I think of it I think he was hitting on me.

I want to say I was in my late 20s and was shopping in a Target I think and was later in the evening. I had a few items to pick up and really on impulse wandered to the woman’s section. It was late and not busy so got bold and looked at some dresses and skirts. I remember getting that endorphin rush picking though the racks and put a denim skirt and a white midi skirt in my basket and finished the rest of my shopping. I think I kept my cool and breathing down checking out and the cashier was a teenaged girl who told me my girlfriend was lucky and I had good taste and that she wished her boyfriend would buy her things. I just said in a sort of joking manner, nah, they are for me and laughed and so did she, and then left it up in the air whether I was kidding or not. It was quite a rush for sure.

Heather

The first item(s) i bought were about 3 or 4 pairs of satin bikini panties and 2 bras.   I don’t even remember the store name but it was in San Antonio when i was about 19 or 20.   I was afraid as could be and not sure what anyone would say.  Would they question me about these and dig in really deep as to who they are for and why on earth am I buying panties and bras?  Am I married?  Would they laugh at me?  What on earth are you doing in the lingerie department????   And, as someone said, it felt that all eyes were on me and people were whispering no telling what about me being in the lingerie department.

Well, I headed up to the checkout stand and waited in a short line.  A young sales girl was the one who checked me out….rang up the items and took the money.   I don’t think she really cared.  She did give me what I thought was a second glance or double take.   Of course, I said they were for my girlfriend.   And, when you’re new at buying these sort of items you expect them to say, and who is that????  are YOU the girlfriend??   Are these for YOU?????

Now, what is interesting is that I don’t live in San Antonio and never have lived there.  No one knows me and I’m not going to see anyone I know there, especially at this particular type of store.   This was a not one of the big box stores like Dillard’s, Macy’s, Nordstrom’s and so forth.   It was some small town department store that I would never be able to find again if I tried.  ha.

I wore those panties and bras home on my 5 hour drive and loved every second of it.  🙂

Since that time, going to the outlet malls, major department stores, lingerie shops both independent and corporate are really a thing i look forward to doing as I got older and more confident.  I’m no longer rushed and no longer concerned that I might see someone that I know who is going to ask a lot of pointed questions that would make me squirm and be forced to lie.   In fact, there were several occasions where the sales girl or sales lady knew that they were for me and would comment on how nice the selections i chose were and offered some suggestions of her own.

One time at the Maidenform Outlet in Gainseville, Tx, I had gone shopping in the afternoon and it was really slow.   A young sales girl in her late 20s or early 30s was the only one there.   She offered to help me and asked if there was anything in particular I was looking for.  I casually told her that I was looking for panties and that was about it.   was there any particular kind or style you were looking for she asked?   I said I think she likes the satin ones in bikinis.   She looked at me and smiled an almost “knowing” smile and said let’s go over here to this section.   I found what it was I was looking for and loaded up with about a dozen pair.  Well!!   That was fast, she said!!!  It doesn’t take you long!!!

She was very enthusiastic and it seemed like she “knew” something or suspected something, at least.  It’s just the way she acted and looked at me with the lingering smiles she had.  Oh, it was nice.   It was quite a rush that she suspected or knew that these were for me.   I felt welcomed and very comfortable to say the least.

Before I headed up to the checkout counter, she suggested I take a look in the sales bin/tub.  They had 2 or 3 big tubs of panties all randomly thrown in this big bin.   She led me over there and stuck her arms into the pile and just ran her hands through them and lifted them up as they engulfed her arms and she pulled the pile loosely up, them spilling back into the pile as her hands reached up.  Don’t these feel great she asked, glancing over at me smiling a sly smile.  Oh, I’m sure they are, I said.  But, to be honest, I wanted to do the same thing!!  ha.  It looked like a LOT of fun just raking my hands and arms through the piles of satiny panties.

That was probably the wildest shopping adventure I had ever had.  I’ve had others where the lady at an independent, high end lingerie store actually knew they were for me and that I was shopping for me.  I loved shopping there.   She ordered all sorts of panties and a few bras for me and I would pick them up when I was making sales calls in that town.   That was great.  She was a Chantelle distributor among other expensive lines of lingerie.   She considered me one of her very good customers and that was a really nice feeling.

I also had a Macy’s frequent panty shopper card.  Every 10 pair of panties that you purchased, you got a free pair.  I kept those cards in my wallet when shopping.   They had a pair of hole punchers that they would knock out the designated spots on the card that showed how many were purchased.   The sales ladies would always give me a double take when I would present that card and long glance as if they were studying me.  I’ve had numerous trips to the lingerie departments and lingerie stores and have always been in hog heaven while doing it.   I loved every second of it.

The bottom line is that most of these stores could care less if you’re a man or a woman, boy or a girl buying these lovely items.  It’s a sale and some of them are on commission or some sort of incentive plan.  They are happy to help you.

Oh, one last encounter.  I was at one of the lingerie chains called Soma buying some panties there.  This is one of my absolute favorite stores to go to.  Well, I had a double handful of panties and was shopping there while there were other women customers there.  (I will say this.  occasionally, you do get a few glances from some of those ladies shopping but just be confident and not a creeper and everything is alright.)

Their checkout counter was an island with registers on both sides of the Island.  Usually, I would wait for the register to clear before I ventured up to pay out for my new finery, but I went ahead and put all my panties up on the counter while the other ladies on the other side were checking out.  One of the sales ladies turned to me and said, I’ll be right with you in a minute, hon.  I told her it was fine and that I was in no hurry.  (I wasn’t either.  I was really enjoying my time there)

When she finished up with the lady on the other side of the counter, she turned to me and said very cheerfully, “well, let’s see what we have here?”  it looks like you sure do have a lot of panties you found,  and started to pick up each pair and scanning them with the IR wand.  As she did so, she started separating them and folding them carefully and stacking them in a nice pile.   “oh, I LOVE these, she said”, smiling at me.  “Someone’s going to be really happy getting these,” she said as she looked up at me batting her eyes playfully.   I replied, “oh, I’m sure about that”, I said in agreement with her.   “I hope you enjoy these”, she said almost broadcasting it as she handed the big white Soma bag to me and smiled.  I smiled at her and thanked her for her help and told her that I’m sure she will love these.

Now, there are times when I have had a few women making comments to each other that i have heard.  It can seem to be awkward at times but also can be entertaining  when one of the ladies tells the other, “well, there are 7 days in a week….one for every day….” and snicker to themselves)   It just doesn’t phase me anymore.  LOL  I smile and go on.

For the most part that has been my experience with clerks as well. Anymore I cheerfully fess up if they ask or strongly hint that they are for me. At the VS store I even let them know up front that they are for me and tell them I would appreciate any suggestions. Since I have a VS card and half of the VS customers overall are CD they would already know even if I did not say anything I think. Also a lot of tfe time when I am shopping at a store such as Kohl’s I am buying any drab clothes along with my panty purchases.😊

Gail
      Lady

h

Darcy S.
      Lady

… well… I am happy to see at least 2 other ladies enjoy their Bags! 😉

On one trip to Brighton, I neglected to pack any knickers except for the ones I was wearing.

So I dashed into T. K. Maxx, fully femme, as usual, grabbed a mulipack, and went to pay for them.

The cashier had this look on her face like she’d smelt something bad – and it definitely wasn’t me, as I was freshly bathed, lightly de-odourised, and delicately sprinkled with some of my wife’s nicest perfume (Shhh!!!).

It was like she was saying “I can tell you’re a man, you know, and I am disgusted.”

The tone of her voice convinced me – after all, she could simply have been born with an expression that looked like she’d just bitten into a lemon laced with cat food, but the voice hid nothing, even with the simple phrase “£4.99, please.”

The cadence was imperfect, the same sonic shape as the phrase “You disgust me.”

I mean, she didn’t even know me, or talk about the weather!

It’s just not British.

So I rolled my eyes cheekily, to say “I am what I am, love, and I really don’t need your attitude, and neither does anyone else, but I feel sorry you’re so narrow minded and can’t just let a chap buy underwear without glaring at him.”

It was a very expressive roll-eyes.

I have my best Marilyn Munroe pout, which, to be fair, was more like a Dame Edna Everage pout, and said, hoarsely, and maybe a smidgen mock-seductively, “Thank you, darling – have a lovely day!”.

At least I now had spare knickers for the weekend, lol!

Love Laura

Lucia Brown
      Duchess

I was eighteen when I went to a department store and bought Leggs pantyhose, short nighties, sexy chemises and long nightgowns Soon after I started buying panties and bras, garter belts and stockings and makeup By twenty two I was buying all kinds of lingerie, skirts and button up blouses Didn’t get my first pair of heels until I was twenty four By thirty I was driving from Georgia to Pennsylvania and west as far as Nashville out of Charlotte in my job Since boone knew me I started shopping for everything I got lots of dirty looks but I ignored those people By forty I had spent about $30,000 on women’s clothing Mostly lingerie and hosiery and makeup

A sleeveless black dress and I was 39 at the time.A friend of mine spotted it for me and she said it would I would look good in it.She was right,tried it on and loved it.

I stole a cheerleading outfit from my high school!  I was instantly hooked!

Anonymous

The first items i bought was lovely pale blue bra, panties and suspender belt , i wrote the sizes out on paper and pretended i was buying them for my girlfriend,  this was 51 years ago when i was 20

Pumped
      Lady

I bought a dress. It was a stretchy “scuba” fabric, sleeveless, fit and flare style. I wish I still had it but it went away in a purge. The next thing I bought was a bra because I didn’t fill out the dress, plus pantyhose, and then the rest is history. Now I have a small closet full!

Oh my sweetie, I wish my stuff only filled a small closet.

I don’t even try to go out, I’m a big hairy guy, and I’ve still got way too much stuff just for scampering around the house.

It’s all so delicious.

Hugs and panties, Christine.

In person, the first thing I bought I person was a cotton laced trimmed vest from that staple of UK women’s clothing stores, Marks & Spencer. Everything else has been ‘click & collect – ordered online and collected in store. Seems to be the perfect way to get whatever you want without it being delivered to your home address.

What?  You don’t like to ponder what those nice ladies at your small town post office are thinking as package after package of obvious clothing items continue to roll in week after week?

Never mind the stuff that shows up at the door while you’re away at work and the ex/gf/time to go roomie says “there’s stuff here for you”, I reply thanks, the next obvious question is left to the dust as I scoot with my goodies upstairs to my room ……

Hi Gabriela the first items I bought were a black suspender belt , black lace panties and a pair of seamed stockings ,I was in my late 20’s ,didn’t buy a bra at the time wasn’t into bras but that soon changed ,now over the last 50 years I have bought a considerable amount of clothing mainly lingerie ,purged it and then started again ,I would love to live as a female 24/7 but I can’t see that happening Michelle xx

Oh, what a day that was..  over 20 years ago

I bought a pink bra and a matching thong. The lady at the counter asked if it was a present and of course in my nervous state I said yes and she wrapped them up in the most beautiful paper och strings and all she could. I was so happy, not only had I gone through and bought lingerie, I also had the most beautiful pieces of underwear in the world in my possesion.

Back home I opened the package and got rid of all the papers, reciept, tags and anything that could rise suspiscion (still living with my mother at the time) and hid them under a drawer in my closet. I would sometimes take them out just to look at but i never wore them, saving for a special occasion.

Seven years later I threw all my feminine clothes away but I just couldn’t throw those pink ones out unused so i just tried them on for five minutes and away they went. of all things i’ve thrown away over the years they are the only ones i really miss.

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Jenny.

Yep purging is a real b@tch!

I regret so many items I tossed over the years, many that are no longer available.

Advice – don’t purge but hide your stuff away until you want it again because you will.

‘Borrowed’ my first pair of panties from someone I babysat for probably around 14 yrs old. Conservative ladies briefs but all silky and smooth. The rest, as they say, is history. The first pair I bought was most likely in an ‘adults only’ store in my early 20’s.

I don’t pay any attention to people’s reactions(if any) when I buy stuff in a store anymore. Mostly online these days anyhow.

Hugs and Panties, Christine.

Kassie
      Lady

The first item I bought alone in store was a lipstick around a year and a half ago. Beforehand I had always been with my wife when buying items, or I ordered them online.

It was a few days before valentines day and I bought a few gifts for my wife. Valentines card, valentines giftbag, valentines chocolates, scented candles, teddybear with a valentines heart… and my lipstick. =D

Yep, I pretty much piled my basket up with valentines gifts so much to convince the whole shop that the lipstick surely couldn’t be for me.

Now if I want something, I feel more comfortable getting it regardless of whether I’m with my partner or alone. The only things I’m still not confident buying alone are things like lingerie and similar items.

I bought panties and a bra at a mid level dept store when I was 16. The lady clerk told me to enjoy my panties and bra.

Post-college, I bought some panties from a Victoria’s Secret under the guise of getting them for my girlfriend. I was definitely in a long phase where I would switch to panties during stressful times and that was really the door that opened to my current desire to crossdress.

When I think of “firsts” though, I’d say that several months ago when I decided to walk into a local Sephora in drab and was asked “How can we help you” I proudly said that I wanted to get help with makeup for a more feminine presentation. The greeter smiled and was immediately happy to help me. She paired me up with a male associate who had some fantastic makeup himself. About 30 minutes later I left with a bag full of starter makeup and brushes and immediately went to work when I got home.

Took me awhile in the parking lot to work up the nerve to enter the store and say that, but I’m so glad I did. It was a big step in bringing Chloé into the world!

-Chloé

Gillian
      Lady

My first purchase was from a large department stores lingerie section. I was 20 and nervous as hell when I took the white lacey French knickers, suspenders and lace top white stockings to the checkout. I did want to buy a matching bra but had no idea what size. The lady at the checkout was very kind. She just smiled folded them up and put them in a bag and took my money. I’m still in love with French knickers to this day and wear them when I have a glam evening dress our nice skirt on.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Gillian.

The first item I bought was some bras about 30 years ago.

I’m setting myself some CD goals this year (baby steps) and the first is to buy something in person. As I’m a bit skint until payday I’m going to cheat a little and aim to buy a pack of women’s razors and a pair of tights using the supermarket self-checkout. At the end of the month I’ll have a go at buying a girlie nightie (no doubt saying it’s for my non-existent girlfriend) All this of course will be done in drab. As I say, baby steps. Amy x

An interesting, well constructed survey. I thought panties would be the first choice, so far. Bought my first femme item panties at a mall in Georgia, now defunct, on a stop over on the way to FL from PA. On my own, not that my SO would object. Still have them and wore them two days ago. They are lacey in a bright orange. Yeh! Marlene.

Revel
      Baroness

I believe it was a dress four years ago back in 2018. 🙂

Hugs, Rev

Susan Zed
      Lady

Because I was lucky to have a Sister as well as a Mum at home to borrow (steal) clothes from when I was growing up it was only after leaving home that I needed to buy my own things. At first I didn’t because the first girlfriend I lived with I told about my crossdressing and she gave me undies, tights/stockings, skirts and dresses etc to keep. She also had a cousin who lived with us for awhile who left clothes to go to charity which went to the charity of Susan! After we split up I had purged and tried to stop Susan’s existence but of course couldn’t. I had told my next girlfriend too and though she was less happy about it she did give me some clothes and I brought some lingerie mail order. However I wanted more and eventually plucked up courage to buy a skirt at a local department stores women’s section. It was a black pleated knee length skirt and I still remember the fear and excitement as I stood in line with it on a hanger in a queue of women who I thought were all looking and judging me.

It was such a thrill walking out if there and taking it home and dressing in it for the first time. I played it over in my head, me shopping for womens clothes with “other women”. I still get a thrill buying my clothes and hosiery etc like that. That first time I was about 20 and purged it months after into a skip along with the rest of my clothes, again in the hope that I could live without Susan as she was upsetting my GF who I loved.

Susan.

Anonymous

The first piece of clothing I ever bought for myself was a couple of pairs of stockings with the same color garter belt . Which led to buying heels to go with them and then bras and panties to finish it off.

Anonymous
      Lady

I believe the first feminine item I bought was a bra because I’ve always been fascinated by bras as they are the most unique female item and there are hundreds of different styles and colors to choose from.

Buying in person before online shopping was always an ordeal. I’ve had many experiences with female cashiers, some who were obviously disgusted with a man buying only a bra and others who simply did not care. Most of the time a short laugh was the most common reaction.

One older lady was so disgusted I thought she wasn’t going to ring up my purchase but she exclaimed “Well I never!” before taking my money in a huff.

Another middle aged lady laughed and called her coworker over to see as she rang up my bra.

Once I bought an expensive beautiful lacy bra and the lady took her time telling me how my girlfriend should wash and care for it as I stood there turning beet red with several other shoppers behind me watching. I just wanted to get the hell out of there.

I bought a couple pencil skirts at a thrift store once and one was a quite sexy leopard print
      skirt. As the lady took them she held the leopard print one up where all could see and said loudly “I’m surprised you could find anything to fit you.” The were lots of other customers around who heard and looked over. I was caught off guard and froze in place as my ears burned which was the wrong reaction so people began to laugh out loudly. There I was with about 12 to 15 people laughing at me. I was so embarrassed I’ve never gone back to that store.

I can go into a store and buy feminine things now with no problem but thank goodness for online shopping! Today attitudes have really changed and I can even go and buy tampons and pads now at the grocery store because no one cares.

The first clothing I purchased for Requal were a bra, panties, stockings, suspender belt and a couple of full slips.   Was in male drab when buying.  I next purchased a little black dress a skirt and couple of tops the next day.  Shoes came on day 3.

i think i was 28 i went to walmart and picked out 6 panties the lady who checked me out looked horrified i bought in person a few other times to but now i stick to ebay

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I was 13 when I bought my first pantyhose.

I was 24 years old and in the Army at training course at Fort McClellan, AL. I ended up buying two Playtex bras at a mini post exchange one afternoon. I bought two because I thought I would give myself away by just buying one. I was terrified that someone would question what I was doing, but no one seemed notice, or if they did they didn’t say anything.

The first item i bought “for my girlfriend” was a pair of classic black heels from Shoe City when it was still around. Nervous, shaking, ears red, I’m sure most of you here know how that goes. I was 17.

Did this a few times I guess.

Now at age 20, the first thing I bought “for me” was another pair of heels in more of an upscale adult store (they had a lot of clothing and shoes, it was not one of these where you see a wall of sex toys as soon as you walk in). I was in drab, looking at the shoes. Sales girl comes over and says “let me know if you need any help. My name is Tiffany” and before I could think i blurted out “Hey thats my name too!” She smiled, had a small laugh, and asked if I know my size. I replied that i did but didnt’ see much in a 12. She told me to not go anywhere she would bring out some from the back. So there i am in the store, trying on four pairs of heels. She kept telling me to walk all around the store to see which ones fit me best. It was quite fun, and i was walking around in some 5″ sexy shoes. She told me as i boxed up the ones i picked out that i walk in heels better than most women she sees out and about. I asked how many CDs come in here to shop and she said quite a few guys come in here to shop “for their girlfriend or wife”, and most of the girlfriends wear size 11 and up… She said she wished they would just admit that they are buying for themselves like i did because its fun to help customers shop and try on things. I really enjoyed her enthusiasm for helping me, and realized that my nervousness was completely gone once i admitted they were for me.

She said she would love it if i wore them out of the store, but i told her i wasn’t there yet. I went back to that store a couple times and she was there with her smile and remembered my name…

Brandi
      Lady

Hi,

My first item purchased as a classic H-back apron.

It was a pretty purple apron with flowers. It was a gingham apron and still remember that smell it possessed.

After that started purchasing normal women’s garments and undergarments along with many other aprons!!!!

Ta Ta,

Brandi

A pair of black 5 inch suede stilettos, I was 21 and scared as hell! It was from a charity shop and the cashier knew exactly what I was and so did I, very awkward moment, thankfully, or should I say hopefully those ignorant times are behind us. Worst of all, when I got back to the hotel I found one shoe had split at the heel cup, kept falling off! 😂 Didn’t have the guts back then to go and ask for my money back!

Anonymous

I wonder if the sizing for cans of soda pop or candy are the same all over the world?  😉

Viewing 74 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?