Viewing 25 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Just curious ladies what your favorite moisturizers use for your skin.

Hugs Donna

love the clinique brand  one called Moisture surge 100H auto replanshing hydrator.

Hi Donna. I just started  with the ROC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Filler, Followed by ROC Retinol Deep Wrinkle Serum. Then after all that I am trying L’Oréal Collogen Moisture Hydrant. Only been about 9 days so far. Before that I’d use regular ole baby oil, Jergens etc. 💋 Danica

Anonymous

How you liking those just now trying. Do good for skin or still to soon to tell.

Donna

Yeah, my skin feels good but the instructions say it’ll take about 4wks. before you notice anything. We shall see. ❤️

Anonymous

Hope you get the results looking for Oh peeked at your pics very nice

Donna

Thanks Donna. 👠

Danica,

Pretty name :). thanks for the advice and sounds like you have a good regime going which has been my problem.  My wife is good about it and reminds me but I should make it more routine.

Have a wonderful day

Danika “Dani”

Jayne
      Lady

Eucerin – worked well for me to clear up dry, scaly patches last winter

Anonymous

I know use to have some dry skin tried that and did do pretty good .

My absolutely favorite, and you’ll probably be surprised… Dermasil Aloe Fresh.  Dollar Tree.  Completely dries down to a nice matte finish.  Makes you look super smooth.  I literally slather the stuff on my face at night and leave it on as a mask until morning.  Then Dermasil Facial Scrub, and a thick application of Aloe Fresh again.  It also makes the absolute perfect matte primer, and gives foundation probably the best base I have ever found, hands down.  Before this, I could have named off every product you can find… I’ve tried everything.  Regardless of the ridiculously low price, the stuff is amazing and worth a lot more.

I’ve used products with Retinol, AHA, BHA, Kojic, Pearl, all the different butters and oils including bio-oil, everything and anything, over the last 30 years… and now it all comes down to a 1 dollar product when it comes to moisturizing AND primer, face AND body… though technically it has cost me more than 1 dollar because I’ll buy the whole shelf if they’ve got it stocked.  I can’t go without it anymore.

Anonymous

thank you Carman may have to get bottle or so before price increase be 1.25 store then hehe. Oh hear can order online and then pick up at store never tried it yet but were thinking about ordering case of 2 of some things. they have.

Hugs
        Donna

Oh with your pics do have some nice looking skin.

Krystina
          Lady

You and me both, very smooth looking skin. Didn’t even realize they carried products like that.

Thank you Carmen,

I will definitely be on the lookout the next time we hit the dollar store.  We shop there often for other items.  They always have the best greeting cards, darn things cost over $5.00 everywhere else.  But I can get on board with sampling some inexpensive products and see how it goes.

Have a wonderful day

Dani

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Donna

I have had good luck with Eucerin Advanced Repair, for dry skin on my legs, and dry cracked skin on my hands.

💕Lara

Anonymous

thanks Lara can you use it even on face too. Looking to make my skin more glowing like. Ever seen or tried those that has a tint to them.

Lara Muir
          Baroness - Annual

No, I haven’t, but that sounds interesting. I could use a little tint, I’m pretty pale! Ha ha

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I’m still looking.

Hugs, Liara

And this is why I am here girl, with all the products on the market I have no idea what is right.  I have some miles on this face, smoked for most of it (quit almost 2 years now) getting lots of wrinkles around my eyes and neck.  Without spending a ton of money I’d like to see what the other ladies are using.  My wife is a big help but we both want to use a good day and night product.

Dani

Peta Mari
      Lady

Pure Goanna oil comes first, followed by Lanolin. I love the stuff.

Anonymous

Good morning Donna…

I have to say I’m a Nivea girl…just basic Nivea moisturiser…it’s great for face, body and hands ..dries lovely, make me feel soft….basically, it works for me.

Grace xx

Anonymous

Morning Grace sounds wonderful may need to go get a professional once able to find the perfect one. wanting one to make skin smooth and silky and some glow to it.  Hoping to find the one  one day.

Donna

Anonymous

L’Oreal Age Perfect – Golden Age – Night.

Anonymous

like the L oreal products be happy to be able to get out again and go on a hunt

Donna

Anonymous

Hi Donna,

I’m not fussy. Anything generic, i.e. cheaper. I’ve never bought one that I needed to throw out.

Marti xxx

Hi Donna

Usually a simple moisturiser containing hyaluronic acid.

I was at my local Estée Lauder counter yesterday for supplies. Decided to buy myself an early Christmas gift❤️I couldn’t help it🤣

A gift set of £302 worth of products for £69. Includes two bottles of its Advanced Night Repair Serum and two little tubs of Revitalising Supreme creme. Always wanted to try it but it’s expensive, The skincare products themselves cost more than £69. Can’t wait to get started.

The set also includes a day and night eye and lip set, two eye shadow palettes, two lipsticks, two lipgloss, full size mascara, a bottle of eye make up remover. And a gorgeous big Estée Lauder make up case. Couldn’t resist it!

❤️Bianca

Anonymous

HI Bianca sounds like a nice set My real birthday is Sat giggles also was Past Monday too the 15th when Donna was born a woman.

Hugs

Where I live, especially in the winter, it is incredibly dry.  My hands dry out fast, and crack like nobody’s business.

Just for the hands, I just o’keefe’s working hands.  It really does work on healing the cracks.

For the face, I use neutrogena hyaluronic acid, and I have to way it really does work.  My face used to feel dry and crackly, but over using it for a long time now it really does feel much smoother.

Wendy,

I love O’keefe’s.  It gets very dry here in the winter also and my hands used to split so bad they would bleed.  Only downside to the O’Keefe’s is it doesn’t smell very feminine 🙂

Dani

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Donna,

Welcome Back, I hope you are doing well.

I’ve been using Nivea moisturizer since I was in High School.  So that is over 50 years ago (gosh that sounds old) but thanks to Nivea I still have that youthful skin (well almost!!!)

Have a lovely rest of the week, Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

thank you Krista doing better then week ago still some pain but nothing compared to first few days. Might try that brand once able to get out and about again. Wishing you a good rest of week also.

Hugs Donna

Anonymous
      Lady

I’ve used several different brands on my rhino skin, some expensive and some dollar store stuff, but my dermo doc tells me to just use regular old Vaseline. I don’t use it often but it works, just a bit greasy until it soaks in.

Anonymous

that what my mother always use is just plain ol vasoline seems to work for her Maybe give it a try and be like mother like daughter. giggles  remember when was younger would sneak in and try on her makeup and all.

Donna

Anonymous
          Lady

Hi Donna. I understand about getting into makeup. I was told that when I was a toddler once I got into my aunts makeup and when found I had it all over me. She always loved telling that story but she never knew the real truth… LOL… even then I wanted to be a girl.

I’m an R&F girl.

quit recently I had someone comment on my facial skin that I had very nice skin, the cis woman who made the comment is the daughter in law to one of my friends who runs a beauty salon and the daughter in law is working there as a cosmetologist, I didn’t actually hear the comment but my friend told me that she had made that comment after briefly seeing me. I’ve never had rough facial skin and never had a pimple and rather few wrinkles for a 60+ person. Most of my life I’ve had to work indoor and when outdoor I for the last ten years almost always use some cream with a sunscreen and that works for me. For the rest of the body I like the Elizabeth Arden Gren Tea Honey Drop Body Cream. It has a nice subtle and pleasant smell and sucks right ind.

Must have good genes since I have been a regular smoker since 12 years old and not taken care of my skin until I had a melanoma removed 10 years ago.

My dermatologist highly recommend always to use a sunscreen to avoid sun damage to our skin and to avoid melanomas and other skincancers and wrinkles.

Anonymous

Have to search more wonder do they make a moisturizer that has sunscreen in it. Or would do moisturizer first then sunscreen over it.

Donna

I just use the sunscreen on my face, can’t remember the last time I had a tan LOL, I don’t like sitting in the sun, since I got a terrible sunburn being out in the sun in Florida for only 20 minutes and underwater most of the time.

The sunscreen I use are just some very cheap brand like something You could buy at Wallmart, I buy mine in Lidl or Aldi which both are low price supermarkets, make sure You get some with a high protection factor. I definitely would moisturize first, let it sink in and then sunscreen, because the sunscreen is the most important of the two.

BTW wish You a quick recovery and I hope You will continue to give us all in here updates on Your recovery, its sooo exiting to read.

Anonymous

Thank you so much Clarissa will do that for sure More then Happy to share journey and healing process. Actually excited myself.

Hugs Donna

I’ve been using Aveeno, and it seems my skin absorbs it more readily than other brands, and stays moisturised for a good long time.

Works for me!

Love Laura

Hi Donna

You want to try jurlique Its an Australian brand and I have been using it for years and find its results are amazing

Hugs Paula

Anonymous

Thanks Paula have to check it out.

Hugs Donna

Quick search and do see Amazon sells it great

Hi Donna I’ve started using Nivea moisturiser and i wished I had started earlier x

I use Aveeno daily moisturizing body wash and also daily moisturizing lotion and find it works very well for me . Was recommended by my doctor.

I use Olay or Dove Body Wash and Olay or Aveeno lotion. My skin is so female soft now I love it! Especially my hands!

Anonymous

Bought some Aveeno seems like it working pretty good. thank you Quinetta

I have some Aveeno and have used it in the past but I didn’t give it much of a chance.  I will try it again and use it over a longer period of time to see if I can also get that “female soft” skin you have.  Thanks

Dani

Anonymous

give it at least a month been helping me out

Oil of Olay for face

CeraVe for body

Love both!

Anonymous

The SO had a skin prob a while back, all cleared up with hydrocortisone, but the Doc recommended an antibacterial moisturiser called Dermol as a follow-on. I use it on my ugly mug too, and it’s certainly softer. Still ugly, though.

Don’t confuse it with Dermol 500, which has more active ingredients.

Connie

xxx

Ivy Marks
      Lady

I’ve been using the Sukin Natural skincare brand for several years now, I find the sensitive skin range suits me best and it is very reasonably priced (especially if you wait for the specials at various pharmacies or supermarkets).

You’ll probably think I’m crazy… I have everything in the book lol… and the best I’m absolutely in love with after trying it… (not including serums, retinol etc.) is… get this… Dermasil Aloe Fresh, yes, the dollar tree one. I buy them by the shelf. One in the car, one on my desk, one on my nightstand, one on the bathroom counter, one in the kitchen… I use it as a night cream, a day cream, a makeup primer. Whatever is in that stuff, it stays matte and puts a dry layer down under makeup that makes powder look absolutely flawless.

Thank you all for the advice and suggestions.  My wife and I have been sharing her Mary Kay night and day cream and an eye serum.  I don’t follow a regiment as well as I should so I won’t be too critical of the product.  We have decided to look for another brand mainly because of availability, we want to be able to go get it and not have to wait for the representative to order it for us.  I do like Mary Kay products but they are certainly proud of them as compared to other, less expensive ones.  So where do I start?  I like the reviews of the Olay brand and have compared it to CeraVe but I hate to buy a $30 jar of cream only to find it isn’t working.

For me, I need something to tighten up my skin around my eyes, help with hooding, tighten up the turkey neck and give me a smooth feminine complexion.  I must note here, I do wear a beard (for now) so I primarily concentrate on the cheeks and around the eyes.  I am not expecting miracles but hoping for the soft look and feel of a mature lady of my age that still has some spunk and likes to party the night away.

So far it looks sounds like Aveeno is the product of choice for a daily moisturizer which I already have and I just threw a splash on my face and hands.  It does feel good and seems to absorb easily.  I will make a concerted effort to use it everyday and post my results.

Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day ladies

Dani

Anonymous

been doing that myself sis researching different brands Notice some popping up on the site and always checking them out hugs
      Donna

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?