- January 3, 2021 at 4:22 pm #427013Sa•man•thaFounderRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 430Replies: 1744Has thanked: 7652 timesBeen thanked: 6902 times
In your purse!!
If this one’s been done before, forgive me I dont remember it!
Maybe you carry a crossbody, a shoulder bag, or a clutch..
Quick!! Dump it out & tell me what all’s in there!! If this takes off a bit I’ll be back to catalogue what’s in mine 😁
Total of 23 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- January 6, 2021 at 2:39 am #428102patty williamsLadyRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 68Replies: 1259Has thanked: 2105 timesBeen thanked: 4357 times
This is a good topic.
The purse is one accessory that I had no interest in at all.
However I purchased one last year and fell in love with carrying one.
I am still learning what to carry.
Its funny I went out twice en femme last year and actually bought stuff.
Its looks funny when you pull a mans wallet out of your purse to pay for items.
Guess I need to get a woman wallet.LOL
- January 5, 2021 at 2:58 am #427606Trisha Lilly HibbertBaronessRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 23Replies: 438Has thanked: 2645 timesBeen thanked: 1551 times
- January 5, 2021 at 1:35 am #427597AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 4Replies: 271Has thanked: 46 timesBeen thanked: 1002 times
A purse is so much easier to carry what I want instead of using pockets. I have in my purse, lipstick, hairbrush, some basic makeup, clear nail polish (in case I snag my stockings), Springfield EMP, wallet, keys, cell phone, extra face mask and some mints and floss.
- January 4, 2021 at 9:07 pm #427566Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 897Has thanked: 8938 timesBeen thanked: 3477 times
The purse I use most is a medium size crossbody style in black leather. It does have a concealed cary compartment, but I don’t often utilize it. If I am going somewhere I feel I need to be armed at, I generally don’t go, but I do carry sometimes, just in case.
The purse has a pocket on the body side for my cell phone and my IDs or a card or two to carry and find without digging. Three zip pockets make up the main body, and I have room for a blush compact, hair brush, small bottle of cologne, a couple of panty liners and a couple of tampons, maybe chewing gum, Tic Tacs for sure, my car door opener fob is clipped to a belt loop if my skirt or slacks have one. Some cash, 3 or 4 lipsticks that are close matches so I can progress the color to more appropriate shades as the night/day goes along. And, condoms, of course.
There is also one of those ‘Screamer’ defense thingy’s if someone tries to mug me, and I also carry a pepper gel sometimes, which works better here in windy Texas than a pepper spray.
I know it sounds like a lot for a medium size purse, but it actually doesnt look like most guys wallets at all and lays and looks fairly thin too.
- January 4, 2021 at 10:47 pm #427573Sa•man•thaManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 430Replies: 1744Has thanked: 7652 timesBeen thanked: 6902 times
Lol, yea watch out for that overspray Paula!! I carry one of those too, on my keys. I did not know they also made that as a gel tho…interesting!
1 user thanked author for this post.
- January 4, 2021 at 5:27 pm #427487Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 2687Has thanked: 1863 timesBeen thanked: 5401 times
Great question! I have several purses and a clutch. Usually carry a tan urethane (fake leather) shoulder bag. Contents are car keys, house key, wallet with credit cards, coin purse, note pad, pen, clip on earrings in a side pocket, panty liner, tissues, iPad, phone, lipstick, compac mirror, lip gloss and a mask.
- January 4, 2021 at 3:56 pm #427459PY MarshallDuchessRegistered On: July 21, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 321Has thanked: 1394 timesBeen thanked: 959 times
Black leather , 3 zipper shoulder or carry. makeup bag with the artists easel, mints ,perfumes are opium & little black dress, foundation ,brush ,mirror pantyliner, purse, phone, car and house keys, nail file, glasses, tissues and small umbrella and if i have missed anything ,it will probably be in the boot. Pyxx.
- January 4, 2021 at 3:50 pm #427451Managing AmbassadorRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 430Replies: 1744Has thanked: 7652 timesBeen thanked: 6902 times
Sisters, thank you all for the great replies!! ❤ mucho appreciado
Mines a black leather crossbody with flap over top like a saddlebag
Whadda we got here… leopard print card wallet, 2 barrettes 5 bobby pins 1 spiral hairpin 1 pack spearmint gum… small hairbrush, compact mirror… earbuds in a case, 3 pads, reading glasses, small bottle of body spray…folding combination nail tool, butterfly knife, 2 lighters (always gotta have a spare) 1 roll of surgical tape, and several of those cinnamon flavor peppermints I always swipe a big handful of whenever I go to pizza hut 😉
Not too shabby for a crossbody, eh? I like that there’s three pockets in there to help me keep track of stuff
- January 4, 2021 at 9:46 am #427283Bianca EverdeneLadyRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 22Replies: 716Has thanked: 2749 timesBeen thanked: 2757 times
Perfume, lip gloss, mascara, hairbrush, purse for cash and bank cards, tissues, foundation, fixing powder, blusher and brush, eyeliner, eyeshadow pallet, 1/2 empty water bottle, soft mints, a bangle, an earring I lost… it’s a biggish bag🤣Michael Kors over the shoulder tote style, white with gold coloured stud design.
- January 4, 2021 at 9:26 am #427278KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 403Has thanked: 721 timesBeen thanked: 1611 times
Hi Samantha, I carry a pretty large crossbody bag all the time. It is full of stuff ranging from my heart medicine to glasses to lip balm to packages of tea. Too much to list and I understand why women have such large purses. Here is my purse story. I was going into a hardware store and a young man was following me. The cashier stopped him and said that he had to leave his backpack at the front counter. He said “but she has a large bag” and the cashier responded “purses don’t count”. Well obviously that made my day. That is the same hardware store where I had three male sales clerks all flirting with me trying to fill my fence lumber order. Gee, I love that store. Stay safe, stay healthy, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.
- January 4, 2021 at 3:35 pm #427443
- January 4, 2021 at 8:42 am #427268Jin CrockerLadyRegistered On: November 15, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 284Has thanked: 26 timesBeen thanked: 725 times
- January 4, 2021 at 7:27 am #427242Deborah SullivanDuchessRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 524Has thanked: 2234 timesBeen thanked: 2032 times
Not much different from what I have read already. I always carry a shoulder purse with keys cell wallet and reading glasses. I see I have masscra powder compact lipstick a condum and panty liners . At the bottom some breath mints ,tissues and hair brush. How do many girls carry those small hand purses that barely carry keys and wallet?
- January 4, 2021 at 7:00 am #427219stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 132Replies: 1619Has thanked: 2510 timesBeen thanked: 7106 times
I have two bags
No 1 is a small leather burgundy-red crossbody/shoulder bag. It’s for essentials only that I need for the trip, like a small mirror(essential), lippy, sock-glue (pesky hold-ups sometimes ‘let go’), tissues, false lashes, eyebrow kit, jewellery(earrings, necklace), and a fold-up hairbrush…. and a place to keep my car keys and mobile phone.
No 2 is a black backpack with optional shoulder strap. This is for summer trips and in addition to the above I carry more lipsticks and jewellery, and often some addition clothing – like a different skirt to change into, and somewhere to stash my cardy or waterproof, if the weather improves.
Stephanie P xx
No weapons. I am the weapon.
- January 4, 2021 at 5:20 am #427175Jillian SimpsonLadyRegistered On: November 9, 2015Topics: 2Replies: 23Has thanked: 52 timesBeen thanked: 43 times
I have a black tote bag and it had the following:
lip gloss, perfume, deodorant, compact, breath mints, air pods, hair band, scarf(tied up to my bag), extra thong, pantyliner and some condoms.
- January 4, 2021 at 2:33 am #427121Cindy LouBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 18, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 431Has thanked: 1852 timesBeen thanked: 2000 times
I have to admit that having a purse is something I’m not looking forward to when I do go out for the first time. I’ve always abhorred having to carry something around when I’m out.
- January 4, 2021 at 3:16 pm #427434Managing AmbassadorRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 430Replies: 1744Has thanked: 7652 timesBeen thanked: 6902 times
Understood Cindy Lou, I felt very iffy about the idea at first too. But the night I first went purse shopping it all came together, standing in the mirror checking out how the different purses wore on me… you get used to it quick, it becomes a natural thing and even kinda fun in a way 🙂
- January 4, 2021 at 8:04 am #427254Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1822Has thanked: 3364 timesBeen thanked: 6237 times
- January 4, 2021 at 7:05 am #427221Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 871Has thanked: 2796 timesBeen thanked: 4215 times
It adds to the feminine experience – truly it does!
You even start catching yourself rummaging around in it in a masculine way, and carefully adjust your techniques to more feminine ways, to forage for that bank card which always migrates to the bottom of your bag, even if you keep it in it’s own separate purse:
You use it, then next time you want it, you have to rummage, because, obviously, you can’t tip it out on the counter! Pesky thing – could have sworn I put it back in the purse…
- January 4, 2021 at 7:21 am #427239stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 132Replies: 1619Has thanked: 2510 timesBeen thanked: 7106 times
You will find out very quickly that some kind of bag is ESSENTIAL. I don’t like to be encumbered either so I carry a small leather crossbody/shoulder bag for essentials only. No 1 being a small mirror. I am forever checking myself out. As Laura said it also adds to the feminine experience and is yet another indicator at a distance that you are female.
Where else are you going to keep your mobile and keys?
- January 4, 2021 at 8:01 am #427252
- January 4, 2021 at 7:15 am #427232stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 132Replies: 1619Has thanked: 2510 timesBeen thanked: 7106 times
I carefully place my car-keys in the bottom of the bag. When I go to retrieve them .. rummage… rummage… PANIC! …. where are they? The bloody things always migrate to a corner and hide. To lose my car-keys is my greatest fear. My car being stolen is my second – my ‘man stuff ‘ is in the boot.
Love Steph xx
- January 4, 2021 at 3:09 pm #427431Managing AmbassadorRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 430Replies: 1744Has thanked: 7652 timesBeen thanked: 6902 times
A lot of times, if I’m out for a walk & dont wanna carry my purse I’ll clip my keys on a beltloop or wear them on a lanyard. Or sometimes, ill clip them on the shoulder strap of the purse. I keep about a 3″ D clip on my keyring just so I can do that…
- January 4, 2021 at 7:08 am #427224Cindy LouBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 18, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 431Has thanked: 1852 timesBeen thanked: 2000 times
- January 4, 2021 at 9:34 am #427279Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 871Has thanked: 2796 timesBeen thanked: 4215 times
It’s the only alternative to pockets – which we ladies don’t use, because it spoils the silhouette we spent so much time crafting.
Maybe the mobile phone in the jeans back pocket to emphasise how tight they are – the tightness should deter all but the most skilled of pickpockets – but otherwise pockets are for show only – unless they’re in a dress, in which case it’s OK to put your hands in them.
But a lady’s pockets are not for storage.
I don’t wear jeans often, and I wouldn’t put my phone in the pocket in case I forgot it was there and sat on it.
Why would I, when I have a lovely handbag?
Now, where did my phone go – is it under all those bar receipts and face masks?
- January 4, 2021 at 3:04 pm #427427Managing AmbassadorRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 430Replies: 1744Has thanked: 7652 timesBeen thanked: 6902 times
- January 4, 2021 at 2:22 am #427106LadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 871Has thanked: 2796 timesBeen thanked: 4215 times
Well I have several bags, but my main pink one is empty, and so is my black sparkly going out bag.
My big pink clutch bag is stuffed full with all my makeup products – sorry, not tipping that baby out, as I have to start work in 10 minutes, and it’ll take me that to carefully put everything back where it belongs…
I have some little over shoulder jewellery bags for special occasions, and a sequined flamingo bag for keeping flats or trainers in, but it’s currently empty. All my shoes are in boxes in my wardrobe awaiting my next outing.
- January 4, 2021 at 4:31 am #427162LadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 871Has thanked: 2796 timesBeen thanked: 4215 times
Ah! I forgot about my big turquoise bag with roses and flamingos on.
I’d love to report that it has the souvenirs of a naughty night out, receipts from my favourite bars, purple sparkly lipstick, a powder compact, scraps of paper with phone numbers on, a scented hanky, earrings, the plastic tiara presented to me by a girl out celebrating her 21st (I passed that on to another girl, naughty Laura!) or maybe even a pair of knickers that I may have decided I didn’t need to keep on…
But there was only a receipt from Pret a Manger for a bottle of water. No evidence of a weekend badly spent whatsoever.
I did have fun, honest!
- January 3, 2021 at 7:33 pm #427059Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1822Has thanked: 3364 timesBeen thanked: 6237 times
Tan leather crossbody purse, with a concealed-carry pocket. Lipstick, car key, mailbox key, wallet, mirror, kleenex pack, Altoid cough drop…and a Walther PPK in the CC pocket.
- January 4, 2021 at 2:48 am #427125Trisha Lilly HibbertBaronessRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 23Replies: 438Has thanked: 2645 timesBeen thanked: 1551 times
- January 4, 2021 at 7:50 am #427250DuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1822Has thanked: 3364 timesBeen thanked: 6237 times
- January 4, 2021 at 8:27 am #427261Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 42Replies: 976Has thanked: 4628 timesBeen thanked: 5023 times
- January 4, 2021 at 2:23 pm #427409DuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1822Has thanked: 3364 timesBeen thanked: 6237 times
- January 4, 2021 at 9:38 am #427280
- January 4, 2021 at 3:03 pm #427425DuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1822Has thanked: 3364 timesBeen thanked: 6237 times
- January 3, 2021 at 5:38 pm #427040Andrea HopkinsLadyRegistered On: December 24, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 59Has thanked: 116 timesBeen thanked: 340 times
I unfortunately don’t have a purse just yet, but when I do, I imagine it would be tissues some assorted makeup, and probably a knife, I was told never to leave home without one, Its one rule I always follow. Never know when you might need one, for any reason.
- January 4, 2021 at 2:30 am #427116Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 18, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 431Has thanked: 1852 timesBeen thanked: 2000 times
- January 3, 2021 at 4:55 pm #427023Jannie MurryLadyRegistered On: October 15, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 121Has thanked: 64 timesBeen thanked: 568 times
Lipstick lip gloss, tissues, compact, hair brush a empty lipstick tube with 20 dollars inside of it ,loose change, two tampons, a pack of baby wipes, one earing, Have no idea where the other one is, a couple of business cards, sunglasses, credit card with my picture and feminine name on it a extra pair of panties in the zipperd pouch inside of my purse breath mints and a card with my phone number on it in case someone finds my purse and might want to return it to me, a coupon for a free cup of coffee at Starbucks and a parking ticket that needs to be paid
- January 3, 2021 at 4:48 pm #427022AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1716Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9456 times
Magenta leather handbag ( on a shoulder strap)
Lipstick, compact, mascara, eye shadow, eyeliner, perfume, phone, keys, credit card, store card, odd cash, tissues, chewing gum, breath mints, hair brush, paracetamol, plasters, spare false eyelashes with glue, pantyliner….think that’s it
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.